PDA

View Full Version : Idea: new mobs

bounty
01-02-04, 18:40
I know that KK is implementing some new mobs for DOY, and I have been thinking a lot about new mobs that would be cool to see.

It has been mentioned plenty of times but a 120/120 dragonfly boss would undoubtedly be a cool addition and give half of this community nightmares while we sleep. Maybe some lower level 70/70 dragonflies as well around its area(think simmons).

I think having some mutant sharks around the shoreline would be cool as well. The current shoreline crabs don't exactly send shivers up anyones spine.

I think that there needs to be some sort of a mage that can heal mobs around it as well. Seems like every type of damage in pvp is also distributed to various mobs, but no mob can heal others.

I must say i am very pleased with the DOY list but i must admit i'm a bit dissappointed that there is no mention of a plan to include mechs. I think having some mech mobs in the game would be cool and serve as a smooth transition before we can actually use them. (there must be some cool rp idea out there to include them, maybe some kind of new faction even that is introducing them cause they are testing them here for work on the moon(moon add on that was mentioned ages ago)).

Sniper mobs. I think that there should be some mobs out there that can snipe(i know mutant warriors already kind of do this but this would be different). Maybe place them on the cliff lines in various zones, or up in towers near TG and what not. Would be kind of neat to add a mob that starts shooting at you and catches you off guard as opposed to always knowing what you are getting yourself into.

This has been mentioned in another thread also, but would love to see a snow area with snow mobs. Freeze effects. Maybe like the swamp warriors except a little stronger and have white fur etc. (wooly droms was mentioned in another thread also, lol).

I'd also like to see some new mobs for the various types of mobs already.

What are your ideas?

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 18:46
Mech mobs ARE already in game!

Warbots are prime examples. They're on auto-run ever since their pilots died.

Those high level dragonflies shouldn't be around simmons, though - more rather, the deeper swamplands. D05 up through to regants and up to below the road from hawkins uplink to jankins lab.

that way, noobs can still run or drive to NC/TH/MB, there's high level mobs in the swamplands, and the Regants Mutants have their spot too without being eclipsed by the dragonflies.

I think the idea of higher level Mutant Preachers were proposed already... seriously, there should be, now with those Regants Mutants. I mean, PSI is rather closely linked to INT... one goes up, the other goes up too.

Water-based mobs is sorely needed, but so is more ocean squares, and thus, that calls for SOME water-based means of travel (gliders would go over water easy, but how the hell do you shoot anything if you're not a gunner?). Water-based mobs would rock in the lakes too - Jeriko and Tyron and the Oases in particular.

metalangel
02-02-04, 00:09
Dragonflies are a nightmare as they are.

In fact, anything that causes piercing/force damage... is more of an annoyance than anything else once you hit a high level (yes, I'm thinking of all those damn obnoxious cyberhounds/cyberguards with their peashooters tapping you around while you try to shoot WBTs) and that maybe should be toned down. Seriously, if I'm a badass tank, bullets will bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile, so I don't really enjoy 20 low-level mobs firing ineffective bullets at me and still having it disrupy my aim.

The ocean... I dunno, it's good that it's there, don't forget after a war like this, the oceans are probably not home to much life, apart from crabs. I don't know, but I bet all the marine life is reduced to trilobytes and other lower-level creatures, with the larger specimens way out at sea, away from shallow, fallout-contaminated waters near land.

Ivory
02-02-04, 00:23
i like the idea of new mobs but can we have more mobs that are human i dunno i kinda like the idea of taking on a death cult mob after reading the neocronile maybe make them 90/90 or mobs that are extremely difficult to take down and u will have to form mulitple teams to take it down and this can be quest related. Another mob i would luv to see in the game are something like death reapers one touch from these mama's and ur dead oh and also another mob will be.............................

*dreams on........*

DarkPhoenix
02-02-04, 00:25
Originally posted by bounty
but no mob can heal others.

Ive actually seen acolytes and preachers heal and buff each other and them selves. This was closer to the beginning of retail though.

Susan Ivanova
02-02-04, 00:28
Originally posted by bounty
I think having some mutant sharks around the shoreline would be cool as well. The current shoreline crabs don't exactly send shivers up anyones spine.
How about a shark with a friggin laser attached to its head? (since all animals deserve a warm meal)
Or at least some ill-tempered mutated sea bass?

SamuraiPizzaCat
02-02-04, 01:36
Ocean Uplink one zone off the coast of Simmons
or maybe a Lab (NC needs a closer lab)
of course there would be a bridge
but you can put turrets on the bridge so it would make much more sense to fly a troop gider over the op and drop into the water :D
or drive your hovertech (or combat hovertech) to the op
there would also have to be a port like area at the bottom where you cant put turrets (or with a limited space for turrets)
but hovers would have to be able to drive over water properly first :p

EDIT:forgot to put the mob ideas in there :lol:
um some sharks/big fisheys would work nicely to prevent swimmers :p

Clive tombstone
02-02-04, 02:32
Hmm, maybe im on to something, but how bout a rare Swamp (edit) Squid, but it spawns along a certain shoreline, Call it the Kraken or somthing.

I dunno, the Kraken is my favorite "mithical monster"

its supposed to be a Huge Squid/and or Octopus, about as big as a small island. hehe.

anywho, it could be Huge, and its tenticals could con like 50/50 or somthing, while its 100/100 or 120/120. Dunno, it would be cool, and it drops like somthing cool =)

t0tt3
02-02-04, 02:40
Yay and give spies a sub :D

More mobs not on each expantion.... "make more random spwns and random mobs!!!!!!! each patch.."

Maybe hey X died to Y and now Z swarming zone AB...

Mr. Chainsaw
02-02-04, 04:19
I don't know that the oceans would be devoid of life apart from some little things. Even in a nuclear winter, there are creatures who do not require the light of the sun to survive. There are entire ecosystems that sustain themselves from geothermal heat rather than sunlight. And of course, because a body designed for ocean going can sustain more mass than one designed for land, something BIG is bound to be in the seas. Huge and terrible...

Clive tombstone
02-02-04, 05:32
dude Kraken man, the Kraken!

here look http://unmuseum.mus.pa.us/kraken.htm