colorpilot
01-02-04, 16:35
is it just me or has pking becuming a realy big problem
how are we going to deal whith it

\\Fényx//
01-02-04, 16:37
Originally posted by colorpilot

pay 6k for backpack back, get some friends together, go payback the favour :)

or go moan in plaza 1.....

Ive seen nibs before, but this colorpilot guy.... jeez

put an LE then :P

Benjie
Meet me in the agressor sewers and I'll help you deal with it. Be sure to bring all your noobie friends so we can, ahem, discuss it.

Neocron is PvP. The word PK has no meaning here.

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 16:38
I think we will invent a chip that allows people to opt out of the pvp element of the game.

Barring that people should realize that its a harsh cold apocolyptic world and that its every man for themselves.

Honestly this game gets softer by the day I wish any of you people who dislike pking played the beggining of retail we wouldnt have to deal with u now you would of either quit or adapted and grew a spine.

ezza
01-02-04, 16:39
ok if you think you got a pker problem heres what you do, you get some skills and fight them.

get a group and go hunt them or somthing

there aint no pker problem imo though im sure a few assholes on this forum will be along soon to say there is

Benjie
01-02-04, 16:41
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
you would of either quit or adapted and grew a spine.
I came from UO to Neocron. I saw the "PKing" and though it was a bad thing. Now I understand the true nature of Neocron and I enjoy it much more.
Click Here to see the True Nature of Neocron (http://www.fanghq.org/neocronsection/Fang_PVP_2004_2.avi)

icarium
01-02-04, 17:06
theres no skill involved in PVP its weapon and setup. just coz you have spent ages getting all the rare gear and tweaking your setup doesnt give you the right to ruin the game of someone who just wanders about doing their own thing. quit this "its a post apocalyptic world" bullshit to escuse you being a wanker.

and thats aimed at pkers in general, noone in particular.

oh and if you are a monk and start to talk about "skill" 3 words for you "point" "and" "click" unless you are a ppu coz that does take some skill in a firefight.

;)

Kasumi
01-02-04, 17:10
Unfortunately Neocron is infested with people who enjoy ruining other peoples fun.. I cannot name any names though or I would be more than happy to bring up a list of atleast 50 people who enjoy doing this.. the "fps" part of Neocron has brought in the wrong group of people.. I took a break from Neocron for this reason.. I used my LE most of the time but when I didn't I was constantly PKed for no reason what so ever.. I never was in a clan and I was a pretty neutral faction most of the time.. PKing in Neocron has become unbearable(Is that even a word?) to actually have fun.. People use the excuse "Its a post apocalyptic word" "watch your back" "meet people" this are lame excuses for such a bad thing that is happening.. I dont mind PvP.. but Pking is just mean and ruins peoples fun.. at least random PKing.. Oh well Neocron will always be infested with these people unless something iS DONE WITH THE RANDOM PKERS!! I dont care about PvPers!! Just th epeople causing grief to others!! :(

ezza
01-02-04, 17:19
Originally posted by icarium
theres no skill involved in PVP its weapon and setup. just coz you have spent ages getting all the rare gear and tweaking your setup doesnt give you the right to ruin the game of someone who just wanders about doing their own thing. quit this "its a post apocalyptic world" bullshit to escuse you being a wanker.

oh and if you are a monk and start to talk about "skill" 3 words for you "point" "and" "click" unless you are a ppu coz that does take some skill in a firefight.

;) if the person had no skill then they wouldnt get very far

example: my tank had 10 health left after fighting a monk, a spy with disrupter attacks me, a few seconds later after he missed with every shot, i leave him dead on the ground, with 10 health a setup alone wouldnt of saved me

and as my sig shows, im a full time tank

icarium
01-02-04, 17:24
you beat a spy?

cool :p

anyway its not pvpers i have a problem with its RANDOM gankers who piss me off

Spex
01-02-04, 17:24
Well, compared to beta4 the "PvP" is out of hand atm ... thanks to this wonderful F6-ganking-system.

ezza
01-02-04, 17:27
Originally posted by Spex
Well, compared to beta4 the "PvP" is out of hand atm ... thanks to this wonderful F6-ganking-system. the ganking now is nothing compared to the begining of retail back then F6 ment shit cos people killed anyone.

look at the person in teh wrong way, and bang liberator bullets sprayed allover your face

make a pass at atank in his PA CS in your face etc etcetc

now people follow F6 most time, so what if your enemy imo you can ans should be taken down, altarnative if you dont want to PvP is plainly obvious

LE CHIP IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Kasumi
01-02-04, 17:32
Just because someone is red to you, you should kill them?? You dont see biotech workers storming into Tangent and killing everyone there do you? You dont see Proto Pharm attacking NEXT do you? Because someone is an a hostile faction DOESN"T ALWAYS GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO KILL them unless you really want to Roleplay that kill!! No in Neocron roleplays and no one ever tries to do anything but PvP.. and collect rare parts.. and collect rare armor.. to get the "best setup" there is more to the game than PKing : and stop sayuing USE YOUR LE!! bah!! This is getting old.. you have any idea how hard it is to play an LE character? I suppose you dont do you?? Try MC5 without a PPU.. try Apparition cave WITHOUT A PPU! Try Crystal caves without a PPU.. Its not easy being an LE person.. and now that we can't do epics anymore Reakktor has completely ruined most of the fun for LE users.. so please stop using that for your excuse for Pking people at random..

Candaman
i know pk kills a lot of people we could just ban him o_O

or am i on completely the wrong thread =P

ezza
Originally posted by Kasumi
Just because someone is red to you, you should kill them?? You dont see biotech workers storming into Tangent and killing everyone there do you? You dont see Proto Pharm attacking NEXT do you? Because someone is an a hostile faction DOESN"T ALWAYS GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO KILL them unless you really want to Roleplay that kill!! No in Neocron roleplays and no one ever tries to do anything but PvP.. and collect rare parts.. and collect rare armor.. to get the "best setup" there is more to the game than PKing : ya it gives me the right kthxbye

Kasumi
01-02-04, 17:37
Originally posted by ezza
ya it gives me the right kthxbye

Nevermind no point IN argueing with you.. You seem to have you mind stuck on one thing and wont change it for anything...

DestructionUK
01-02-04, 17:39
on a different note, how come i cant watch that movie benjie posted, said somthing about a codec? never had trouble viewing an avi file before...? any hints?

Darth Slayer
01-02-04, 17:50
Wow this is degenrating into a flamefest.
I get pk'd quite a bit and I also Pk it's swings and roundabouts.
I'm sure Fenyx has his share of bad days where he comes out the gr and gets ganked, but we get on with it. After all it's only a game........:D

Darth Slayer
01-02-04, 17:53
Originally posted by DestructionUK
on a different note, how come i cant watch that movie benjie posted, said somthing about a codec? never had trouble viewing an avi file before...? any hints?
You'll have to download the latest DIVX codecs and install them.

Shakari
01-02-04, 18:03
Originally posted by Benjie
Meet me in the agressor sewers and I'll help you deal with it. Be sure to bring all your noobie friends so we can, ahem, discuss it.

Neocron is PvP. The word PK has no meaning here.

Ahhhh but PK is a general accepted word meaning killing ppl who have no chance to fight back :) which gereraly means you like causing misery or have no skill both are far from admirable qualities :)

on a side note I don't have a problem with it and don't do it myself but PPL tend to hide behind "OH NC IS PVP" yes it is but don't fool yourself that just beacuse u can do something you should :)

Archeus
01-02-04, 18:12
The whole point of F6 is to fight. If you were faction killed, it sucks but hey thats the whole point.

I capped 5 people today (All Crahn) TBH I would of killed more people except for the red rules.

Judge
01-02-04, 18:18
Originally posted by icarium

That is the biggest pile of bullshit I have ever herad, barring Vets rants (j/k :p). Yes setup and equipment does have a large effect, but without skill you might as well go home.

It, erm, is a post apoc world so get the fuck over it.

Rade
01-02-04, 18:18
I find it rather hillarious that whenever someone dies and they
judge it unfair the aggressor is suddenly a completely skill-less
selfish 12 year old moron who shouldnt be allowed to play the
game. Neocron needs to get more dangerous again.

spikeownzu
01-02-04, 18:37
I wudt say Pkin is a problem, its always been like this

but shit talk is, and the spamming on trade after a fight, its just fuckin pathetic

talkin bout saturn

ezza
01-02-04, 18:51
Originally posted by spikeownzu
I wudt say Pkin is a problem, its always been like this

but shit talk is, and the spamming on trade after a fight, its just fuckin pathetic

talkin bout saturn i turn trade off during fights so i dont have to listen to that kind of shit from either side

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 18:57
Originally posted by Candaman
i know pk kills a lot of people we could just ban him o_O

Lol me? Ive been a ppu forever Ive hardly killed anyone in the past 8 months but that is soon to change :lol:

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 19:55
Nah, PvP requires player skills and good setups. PvP is what happens at Op fights and the skirmishes in Pepper Park; other places as well.

PKing, also known as ganking and griefing, is what happens when a high-level character fries a lower level character who has little to no chance of surviving. The sole purpose is to stroke the ego of the high level and cause misery for the low level.

Me, I PvP but don't PK, at least not yet anyway. But so what? PKing is part of the game, and if KK wanted to seriously limit or remove PKing they *could* do that. But they haven't. The possibility of being PKed is part of the risk you accept when you enter the world of Neocron and that's the way KK wants it.

If you are not happy with that, then you can wear an LE and be restricted in various ways in terms of what you can or can not do until you pull it out - but you do get the benefit of safety. It is certainly a mixed blessing.

Why can't you wear an LE and not have any penalties? *Because*. Putting yourself at risk is fundamental to the game. To not want to be put at risk is kinda like a little bit of cheating ... you want to play, but not by the game's rules, instead you want to play by your own rules. Now, admittedly, KK's publisher forced them create the LE, and so you *do* have the choice of putting it in and so its not really cheating in the literal sense ... but since you choose to not play by the game's primary rules you *are* penalized. Dem's duh breaks.

Of course that doesn't mean you have to shut up and accept the way things are. You can certainly continue to lobby for changes. But you are probably wasting your time.

Spook

Lucid Dream
01-02-04, 20:02
to noone in particular:

A) "put in your LE" is no longer an acceptable argument, as it cant be put in past rank 30, and it dosnt take long to get there, if someones is out past then, they no longer have a choice to put it in.

B) f6 ganking is fine as far as im concerned, think about it this way, faction guards KOS based on F6 right? why should runners be able to?

ezza
01-02-04, 20:07
Originally posted by Lucid Dream
to noone in particular:

A) "put in your LE" is no longer an acceptable argument, as it cant be put in past rank 30, and it dosnt take long to get there, if someones is out past then, they no longer have a choice to put it in.

B) f6 ganking is fine as far as im concerned, think about it this way, faction guards KOS based on F6 right? why should runners be able to? then they should of stuck it in before the patch

Glok
01-02-04, 20:09
Originally posted by Lucid Dream
B) f6 ganking is fine as far as im concerned, think about it this way, faction guards KOS based on F6 right? That is the end of this argument, I think. ;)

Lucid Dream
01-02-04, 20:09
then they should of stuck it in before the patch

Shoulda woulda coulda, dosnt matter, if its not in now, it cant go in, so "put your le in" just is not valid anymore, as they cant just "put their le in"

shodanjr_gr
01-02-04, 20:12
Ok now. There are some people that gang noobs all the time. Thats not PvP and that needs to be fixed (by keeping ur LE in).

But PvP is the core element of neocron. Heck i suck bad at PvP but still i like doing it even though i loose half the time.

So keep ur LE in noob!!!!!

Yeah there is a problem with pvp. Its the people that whine about it!@!!!!!

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 20:21
Lucid,

I dunno, I would argue that it doesn't take long for an *experienced* player to get to Level 30, but then an experienced player is already well aware of the issues. Whereas a newbie player is going to take quite a while and will have ample time to learn the pros and cons long before reaching Level 30, and so be able to decide whether to just plug it in permanently or not.

On the other hand, the following might solve the problem. KK could make a change so that if you do not have an LE implanted, and you are past Level 30, then you *can* implant it but it becomes permanently glued into your head - you can never take it out again, nor will it ever fall out if you die. A warning box would pop up to clearly state what was about to happen, if you went ahead with the implant. In other words at some point you can make the fateful choice ... you can have yourself forever at risk, or forever safe. But you can't have it both ways. You eventually have to decide.

Spook

JackScratch
01-02-04, 20:24

Ill answer that question in the only useful way you are going to get. Remember them, don't deal with them, don't help them, and should the oportunity arise hunt them and kill them, grief them out of the game in every way you can think of, but what ever you do, don't become them. Encourage others to do the same. And above all, know that you are not alone.

Lucid Dream
01-02-04, 20:32
Originally posted by MegaCorp
Lucid,

I dunno, I would argue that it doesn't take long for an *experienced* player to get to Level 30, but then an experienced player is already well aware of the issues. Whereas a newbie player is going to take quite a while and will have ample time to learn the pros and cons long before reaching Level 30, and so be able to decide whether to just plug it in permanently or not.

On the other hand, the following might solve the problem. KK could make a change so that if you do not have an LE implanted, and you are past Level 30, then you *can* implant it but it becomes permanently glued into your head - you can never take it out again, nor will it ever fall out if you die. A warning box would pop up to clearly state what was about to happen, if you went ahead with the implant. In other words at some point you can make the fateful choice ... you can have yourself forever at risk, or forever safe. But you can't have it both ways. You eventually have to decide.

Spook

Interesting... although, i think making it so they can NEVER remove their LE is a bit far to go.. maybe if you put in an LE, it cant be removed for 2 weeks or somesuch.. but to say that they never ever get to pvp again is a bit extreme imo.

VetteroX
01-02-04, 20:44
Kasumi, jack scratch etc let me ask YOU a question. If pking is wrong, WHY do we have factions !? Do you REALLY expect us just to have op wars, then the winners shake hands with the losers, and some retire to plaza 1 to discuss the battle and others go leveling togeather, tsunami ppus ppuing black dragon apus in the chaos caves? Im sorry, but no. Its just not gonna happen. Im out to destroy my enemies... I want to crush the mercs at an op war, kill their noobs at cyclops bunker and then drive the filthy scum back into thier guard infested bunker. I want to kill tsunamies, TG's, Diamond, CA etc... because THEY ARE MY ENEMIES. WE ARE AT WAR. IN GAME TERMS, I HATE THEM. DO YOU GET IT!? There are a lot of people who are happy when they get attacked, because they like action... I dont WANT to chat with people... I can do that in REAL LIFE. I can actually see them before me, my RL freinds, or, I can log on aol and look, theres a chat room! As for role play, guess what? If I could kill certain people and get away with in in real life like you can in NC, and in real life I had the fighting skills I have in NC, I would kill people... not for no reason but if it was in a ruined world and they had resouses I need, or could attack me (everyones potentialy dangerous) Id kill them. AS for killing allied factions, a few days ago, I decdied to be nice... I ran past a biotech monk (ally) and killed a CA tank, (enemy) well, guess what? the biotech monk attack me and almost killed me... well, thats the last time I ever be nice, last time I spare someone.

Have you carebears EVER figured maybe this game isnt fot you, that YOU are in the wrong? Maybe this game is for pvpers? Why dont YOU leave neocron for a non pvp mmorpg and leave the people who wanna pvp/pk alone?

shodanjr_gr
01-02-04, 20:57
Originally posted by VetteroX
Kasumi, jack scratch etc let me ask YOU a question. If pking is wrong, WHY do we have factions !? Do you REALLY expect us just to have op wars, then the winners shake hands with the losers, and some retire to plaza 1 to discuss the battle and others go leveling togeather, tsunami ppus ppuing black dragon apus in the chaos caves? Im sorry, but no. Its just not gonna happen. Im out to destroy my enemies... I want to crush the mercs at an op war, kill their noobs at cyclops bunker and then drive the filthy scum back into thier guard infested bunker. I want to kill tsunamies, TG's, Diamond, CA etc... because THEY ARE MY ENEMIES. WE ARE AT WAR. IN GAME TERMS, I HATE THEM. DO YOU GET IT!? There are a lot of people who are happy when they get attacked, because they like action... I dont WANT to chat with people... I can do that in REAL LIFE. I can actually see them before me, my RL freinds, or, I can log on aol and look, theres a chat room! As for role play, guess what? If I could kill certain people and get away with in in real life like you can in NC, and in real life I had the fighting skills I have in NC, I would kill people... not for no reason but if it was in a ruined world and they had resouses I need, or could attack me (everyones potentialy dangerous) Id kill them. AS for killing allied factions, a few days ago, I decdied to be nice... I ran past a biotech monk (ally) and killed a CA tank, (enemy) well, guess what? the biotech monk attack me and almost killed me... well, thats the last time I ever be nice, last time I spare someone.

Have you carebears EVER figured maybe this game isnt fot you, that YOU are in the wrong? Maybe this game is for pvpers? Why dont YOU leave neocron for a non pvp mmorpg and leave the people who wanna pvp/pk alone?

Frankly im sorry for you Vet.
What are you trying to proove by killing noobs? (even though they are CM?) You are only driving potential customers away (and dont give me the "I hope they get their alts loged on" shit). I am fine with you PvPing with people of ur own level that actually have a change, but attacking noobs is not PvPing, its ganging, and it just shows how much therapy you need to take.

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 21:07
Lucid,

Hmmm ... I guess I dont like the idea of it only being for some period of time, like a week or two. Here is why. It will be abused. It will be abused by clan members who want to farm MC5 chips without the risk of being PKed. They will put it in for a week or so to get chips, then yank them out and return to PvP and PKing ... just like they do now. I can't agree to that. It is a form of cheating to my mind. High level characters are either at risk, or they or not, period, no switching back and forth just so they can avoid being PKed when it might inconvenience them. Which is exactly what the LE fix is all about.

As always, your own opinions may vary.

Spook

JackScratch
01-02-04, 21:09
What's the matter Vettero? Skeered? Afraid I might acomplish my goal or worse? Afraid that you might have to behave like a real human being? Afraid that society, this or others, wont accept you? You should be. Have we ever wondered if this game might not be for us? What a question. No need realy. I noticed I meet allthe reqs given on the game package, I also pay my monthly as well as haveing bought the retail package. So what are we looking for here? You can't follow the rules so I should leave? You are inconsiderate, and for that I should be punished. You set up a hypothetical senario there Vettero. To be honest, I don't give a shit how you do it. Find a way. And if you can't have fun that isn't a victimisation, the you need to go elsewhere, I recomend psychiatric treetment. I notice that every time I present boundries for good behaviour, some Random/Faction PKer restricts their exapmlet to some worst case senario of what could be included. Why is that? Is that why you do what you do? Because you can't imagine fun ways to behave so you misbehave, like a spoiled child? I agree Vettero, I am sad for you as well, but not sad enough to allow you to continue what you do.

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 21:16
Actualt I liked jackscratches first statement.

If you get pked dont whine dont complain. If your a tradeskiller remember them and dont service them or better yet make them pay obscene prices if you are the only tradeskillers on.

Remember in neocron "you'll never die alone" for all you people who whine about being pked surely theres enough of you to team up and hunt these people down. I certainly enjoy the revenge aspect of this game thourogly. I "grew up" so to speak when ganking was about as bad as it got in neocron. I was a new player just like you highly inexperienced and all. Did i whine on the forums like a baby? No I waited til that mother fucker had his back turned and i busted a cap in his ass.

Thats how it is thats how it should be and thats why I love this game so god damn much.

Originally posted by JackScratch
You can't follow the rules so I should leave?

I thourogly disagree with this statement though he breaks no rules by ganking people of a negative faction to his. Thats why there are aggy pits and sewer zones where you lose soullight if you kill a noob. Thats why there is law enforcers hes playing the game how he feels like it and calling him an immature brat because he pays his 10$ a month also and plays the game the way he sees fit without breaking any rules or cheating doesnt make you sound very mature yourself. Then so be it jack its something you will have to live with and put a stop to it if you want using the ingame mechanics at your disposle. Why doesnt everyone who hates being pked start a clan that hunts down known pkers? That would be exciting for both you and for the pker... if its not exciting for the pker then we know that they where sad human beings that just wanted to gank anyways and deserve to get hunted down and be miserable which isnt the case for 90% of pkers.

Nda started out as an anti pk clan and they did a very good job of putting a stop to alot of the pkers who are in it for griefing while the pkers who where in it for a fight thourogly enjoyed fighting Nda.

If they can do it so cant you.

A) grow some balls and fight back wether with force our refusal of services

B) Keep your le in until your able to fight back

C) Quit the game this is a harsh harsh world what do you expect enemy factions to walk up to you wth flowers in there hands? No go play everquest if you want to kill mindles mobs all day for loot.

Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
DoY will get us closer to the original vision. We've found a way to inject even more RP into the game by reducing safe zones and the general care-bear attitude at the same time.

Be patient... it's worth it. The official announcement about all DoY features will be released _latest_ by the end of January.

"I've seen a couple of complaints about random PKing. What I don't understand is why don't the people who complain use the ingame mechanics to go against that? Why don't vet players (e.g. like Spookie, a highly valued NC long timer who PMed me that he also has concerns about random PKers in Neocron) initiate a clan to protect newbies? PvP _is_ a base element of the game. That also means that we want to give more freedom to the players and give _you_ the tools to go against random PKers. Hey, it's a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk world, so why don't you realize that there are some amok weirdos going postal?

Here's what I would do: Keep your Law Enforcer in until you grow stron enough. Organize yourself with other players who suffer from that same problem. Ask high lvl players to help or even protect you when you want to explore unsafe zones. There has to be another solution than turning Neocron into Carebear's paradise. I'm open for your input."

Quotes from the C E fucking O of the company what more word do you need to hear on the subject?

trigger hurt
01-02-04, 21:18
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - people have been banned in the past for that ]

Seriously. How come all of a sudden, there are cry babies playing this game? When did everyone become so sensitive? You are supposed to PvP in this game. Want proof?

Look at the limitations on the law enforcer. Can't put it back in after a certain rank. Stated by the owner of this company that it wasn't intended to be a way for someone to completely avoid pvp. You are supposed to take it out.

I don't think it's the 'pk'rs' that need to grow up. I think you kiddies who can't stand dying (you don't loose anything that can't be replaced; you got a safe slot, use it) are the ones who need to grow up. Get some hair on your balls.

We enjoy the game the way we play it. Put your le in and get some friends to play with you and have them keep their le in. I've seen 4 or 5 ppus on saturn with their le's in. They have no problem in MC5 or any of the other dungeons.

JackScratch
01-02-04, 21:31
This is the part I realy love. You think MJS is the maker of all rules that matter. Got news for you, he isn't, I bet he even knows that. This is a society, it has the rules we make, but as far as rights are concerned, you don't have the right to violate other peoples rights, game, IRL, it doesn't matter, you are judged by your actions, always, everywhere.

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 21:33
Lol its a game what rights do u have when you step out into the LAWLESS wastelands jack?

MJS is not the all powerful maker of rules but I think hes a reliable opinion on the matter and would reflect the opinions of the rest of the KK staff.

You have a right to leave your law enforcer in if you wish to level in peace.

You have a right to refuse services to pkers.

You have a right to pay someone to hunt them down.

You have a right to team up and take pkers down.

You have a right to fight back at anytime you want

Honestly what right am I violating if I see an enemy faction member hunting and I kill them? They are my enemy I must keep my enemy from progressing at all costs. This is a war jack not candyland.

So once again what right is vettero breaking or me if i feel like pking jack?

By the way I havent pked in the longest time aside from being a ppu along for the ride.

And dont dance around the question like you always do. Either answer the question or dont bother I dont want to hear

"you should know what right I mentioned it 100 times int his post you just gotta keep looking for it" like you usualy do when you have no point to make.

your right jack its an online society where the players can set the rules. That is the whole beauty of this game.

Why dont u start an anti pk clan jack if it bothers you so damn much?

trigger hurt
01-02-04, 21:40
This is the part I realy love. You think MJS is the maker of all rules that matter. Got news for you, he isn't, I bet he even knows that. This is a society, it has the rules we make, but as far as rights are concerned, you don't have the right to violate other peoples rights, game, IRL, it doesn't matter, you are judged by your actions, always, everywhere.

when i heard about this game back when beta 4 was still running, i downloaded it, made a char and started exploring. I was courious. I asked what the implant in my head was. Someone said 'it's a law enforcer, it keeps you from killing or being killed by people'. I said "hmm, that kinda sucks" and I snatched it out.

5 minutes after it was out, I was ganked by someone with a streetrifle (they owned back then). Did I run to the forums and whine and bitch and cry cause the evil pk'r killed me? No, I made a choice. The choice I made was to be involved in pvp. I knew that I could be killed at anytime by anyone. Instead, I asked for some help from a couple people who inturned killed the guy who killed me and gave me the rifle he dropped.

If you took your le out, you have made a decision to be involved in PvP whether you like it or not, whether your decision was conciencious or not. Deal with it. Either pop the le back in and stop complaining about pk'rs or get a group of people to help you exact your revenge. There are 'city mercs', maybe you could do some roleplay and pay one of them to kill your target for you.

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 21:43
Holy shit trigger you mean theres other things you can do asside whining?

ROLEPLAYING?? HIRING SOMEONE FOR REVENGE?!?@?@

I never thought of such a thing!!!

Jadin Eleazar
01-02-04, 21:50
... I want to kill tsunamies, TG's, Diamond, CA etc... because THEY ARE MY ENEMIES. WE ARE AT WAR. IN GAME TERMS, I HATE THEM. DO YOU GET IT!?...

Well Vet, very often there's some TG around you when you PK n00bs at the bunker. Seems you only go to war to kill n00bs right? And if you wanna do PvP you'd better play CS/UT/Quake coz obviously you don't want the RP part. And you piss off everyone who wants RP. Since NC was advertised as a MMORPG and not a MMOFPS, you're in the wrong game.

Cryotchekk
01-02-04, 21:51

if this problem is on pluto, dm masta killa, pay a small fee and i will sort it for you.

ServeX
01-02-04, 21:54
I think people should have the option not to have to PVP. There should be a seperate implant slot which is restricted only to LEs. And you should be able to implant it every other 24 hours to prevent abuse. I think this would solve the problem and work well.

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 22:18
In some ways I really hate to say this ... but they are right Jack.

As long as PKers do not exploit, as long as they only do things that the game allows them to do and do that without cheating, as long as they avoid doing things that KK tells them they must not do ... they are doing nothing wrong, no matter how much grief it brings to other players. They pay their monthly fees just like everyone else and so can play the game to its full extent, however it suits them.

They can be total unconscionable griefers and that's our tough luck.

If a player doesn't like that, the player has choices he/she can make, including finding some other game to play.

If KK doesn't like it, then KK can implement built-in constraints and also make firm declarations about what players can and can not do. The very fact that KK is making Neocron even more dangerous by removing safe zones is a clear announcement to everyone what their own views are.

If the community doesn't like it, then the community can organize to counter it, both in-game and out-game. This includes building a strong enough lobby to force KK to make changes.

In the meantime, it is part of the game, it is valid, it is not immoral or unethical except within the context of the game and that too is valid.

And no I dont feel a personal need to bring about moral reform within the context of a silly game that I play for amusement. This character is what, over two years old? I have played this one and only this one since release and I play rather often. I took my chip out early, and was only PKed like two or three times total that whole time. It was no big deal - you just have to be careful and choosy about where you level. If I can learn to deal with PKers without whining, so can others.

Do I like PKers and what they do to the game? Hell no. But I support their right to do it as long as its legal.

Spook

Ulle
01-02-04, 22:25
Games are what you make them.
Make this game fun for yourself and the people around you.

Keep the thread civil please.

MjukisDjur
01-02-04, 22:35
Originally posted by 187
Ive seen nibs before, but this colorpilot guy.... jeez

put an LE then :P

Some people made that impossible. Thanks guys

JackScratch
01-02-04, 22:36
I'm afraid I don't understand what was uncivil about what has been said up to this point, or if that was preventative maintanene. It is my intent to work with all civil individuals in this game, to make it a game that individuals of all skill level and experience can enjoy. I will not alow the Random/Faction PKers to take over, though if they are smart, they will monitor themselves. I am talking about a fair place, not a place run by those with more free time, or more skill, or even faster reflexes. I have said it 100 times, if there are so many of you so desperate to fight other runners, then why in the name of hell aren't you fighting each other? It is a retoricle question, I know the answer, that is why my intentions and actions are, what they are. People who enjoy victimiseing others, have no place, anywhere, at all. Game rules, life rules, no rule, that is my definition of wrong. No one ever said you can't fight, I am telling you you can't victimise, but proper upbringing should have told you that long ago.

Zeph0n
01-02-04, 22:39

So it has the rules we make. If you want to make a rule that no one should pk then enforce. The thing is you want people to stop pking, but you want someone else to do the work for you. Thats complete BS. do as others have said and put a stop to it yourself instead of crying on the forum to have someone do it for you. :o All that energy you took typing can be focused elsewhere. You know like maybe point and clicking on the guy who killed you :rolleyes: This game obviously isnt made by the rules the players make if you dont bother to do shit in the first place..... nice try buddy.

Hayato
01-02-04, 22:44
Vet rocks! KILL THEM ALL VET!!!!!!!!!!!

Organics
01-02-04, 22:46
Only thing about PKing that annoys me (some people seem to have an odd perspective on the abbr of PK and PvP btw :D) is that idiots who ignore a 50/50** enemy faction char in order to go for a 5/10 allied/neutral char, or even an enemy faction.

This smacks of total inability to PvP (Player vs Player is not PKing) because they choose to attack newbies.

Utterly pointless killing newbies, pick on someone your own size. If you attack a small spider at rank 40/50 you get nothing, apply the same to PvP please.

PKing even allied/neutral chars isn't that bad as long as the character attacked ISN'T some weakling 20/30 char, or less.

Get a grip and fight against people who have some ability to fight back, instead of being a spineless coward. It's fun for both parties when you can have a decent fight.

:)

JackScratch
01-02-04, 22:47
Not for me, with me. Thx for playing, no consolation prise. This would be the sociopolitical part of the game I keep talking about. What am I going to do, go out and hunt down every PKer on every server by my self? Oh, BTW, why don't you get off the forums? My intent is to work as a part of the action I am promoteing, I do my part when I can, I level, I attack PKers I over power, I attempt to show them the error of their ways in non agressive ways when I can. If you can't be a productive part of this conversation, please stay out of it.

Crieghton
01-02-04, 23:01
There are lots of zones in the wastelands that don't really get used, if they turned some of those into hunting zones, where you can't attack other players, they could probably remove the LE altogether, alot of people just want to hunt mobs without getting involved in pvp.

I'm sure a lot of people have cancelled accounts, even though they like the game in general, because of being killed for no apparent reason.

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 23:07
Except you are screaming into the wind, Jack. Neocron is a game that directly encourages, if not actively supports, victimizing others. And it is being further encouraged by the removal of safe zones.

This is a game where abuse rules, both in terms of killing and as well as profanity - and KK wants it that way, as do a large portion of its players - it provides a form of release that many people really enjoy. Name me another MMORPG where you can be so flat out obscene in-game and on-forums and not be banned. Name me another MMORPG that has so little imposed constraints by the game code with regard to who you can and can not kill with the company leaving it to the players to sort out the PK scene (which of course they can't).

Wake up, man, you really think you can turn this around? I suggest you need to lighten up. If you are turning this into a personal crusade you should perhaps find some other form of entertainment. It's just a *game* for crying out loud.

But in the final analysis, you are bucking against the fundamental design and goals of Neocron. You'll have more success tilting at windmills.

Unless, of course, you are raising a ruckus as a form of roleplaying, in which case, more power to you ;)

Spook

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 23:26
What do you consider victimization though jack? If i see a runner of an equal skill level leveling im not going to wait for him to finish with the mob to turn his attention to me am I? Im going to shoot first not say hey prepare yourself for battle!

Soldier: Hey im going to kill you now get ready ok?

Terrorist: Sure thanks for the heads up.

Ok anyways question number 1 jack is killing someone of an equal skill level who just feels like hunting today vitimization?

Uh I guess there is no question number 2 but wait more of a personal one.

I made a pe and I am going to be a proper black dragon. If I see anyone under rank /30 without an le im going to ask them to give me there rank /XX times 100 just like there backpack recovery fee and if they dont pay I will kill them and they can just give the money to the generep instead heh.

Anyone above rank /30 I will make up an amount I feel suitable and if they do not pay up I will kill them.

Anyone that I feel has a fair chance of killing me depending on what I feel like I will either extort cash from them or I will kill them if I feel its neccesary without even attempting extortion.

So question number 2 is do you consider this accepatable (certainly evil) but nonetheless is this violating peoples "rights" ingame after all I am giving them a choice if they dont have a fair fight against me and if they deside to say no atleast they have a heads up to get the first shot off on me.

Whats your opinions on that jack or anyone else?

I agree noob ganking is wrong I almost almost never do it though I admit I have killed some. They are usualy in enemy clans which honestly in my book depending on my history with that particular clan makes them fair game to me.

Noob ganking is wrong but I say to each his own if they want to do it then band together and stop them.

Jack if my example of a criminal isnt acceptable I would love itif you posted what your idea of what is acceptable for someone playing a criminal type.

VetteroX
01-02-04, 23:32
Anyonce notice that non of the carbears answered my question? because they are wrong. There are all diff types of things.... some people like blue cares, some like red cars. So they sell both. some like pvp, some dont. so they make both. Neocron is pvp. everquest, swg etc isnt as pvp focused. Go there if you dont like pvp. Neocron was and is INDENDED for pvp. If you dont like it, leave, this game is made for people who like pvp.

Yes im often with a TG, thats so he can pk next and tt for me and I can kill sunami and fa for him. That way everyone dies. PP we just have to lose sl... unless we get a tsnami pker with us. Everyone dies.

And I think you need help mentaly for being such carebears, this isnt real life its a GAME.... do stuff u cant do in rl.

Gotterdammerung
01-02-04, 23:55

Thats the original post in this thread, pretty harmless right ? easy to reply to without degnerating into flames right ? Sure it is.

This is the Neocron English community talk forum, it's not the place to opine on how much you hate everything, hate pk'ers, hate LE users, want to kill people in real life or tell people they are mentally ill for wanting to enjoy the game the way they want to and have the right because they pay their monthly fee just like us all. It seems like any thread these days is turning into a great steaming pillock of flames. Keep the thread above boards and on topic and if any of you feel so strongly in your hatred to another, take it to PM's or if unable to control yourselves don't post at all.

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 00:01
Games are what you make them. Make this game fun for yourself and the people around you.
Sorry, Ulle, but you are being incredibly naive. Human nature does not work that way. In any given large population of people there is aways a significant percentage who get their jollies from being mean spirited and taking advantage of others. This has been amply demonstrated over and over again in real life, but more to the point, also on online games. It is just plain stupid to expect the player population to be able to regulate the behavior of people who are out to gain fun from the misery of others unless there are solid game mechanisms in place to assist the victims - which do not exist in Neocron, at least not yet any way.

Other companyies long ago discovered that fact and so implemented specific regulating program code - such as not being able to kill a player more than N levels lower than yourself, and so on.

Since Neocron doesn't have stuff like that, KK is either happy with the ways things are, or are ... well ... let's just call it "slow at catching on". Rather than being dumb (oops, that slipped out), I figure KK instead likes things as they are, because those changes would be totally counter to the dangerous world setting that KK is actively making even more dangerous. So I fully understand why they have not been implemented.

Spook

Rade
02-02-04, 00:04
I just need to check something. Jack, do you mean that people
who PvP according to what factions are enemies as per what KK
has decided, is doing something wrong? I mean, this is a game,
with alot of motives woven into the game via the storyline and
setting and whatnot. The only difference this game has from a irc
channel is the game features, so if you dont want to fight (which
more or less every single line of code in the game is geared
around) then you might as well sit in some RP irc chat room. Hm
well the graphics might help RP for some, but personally I find
that they make RP harder not easier. I mean whats next, the
people playing CS are doing something wrong and being selfish
immature pricks because they have fun at the expence of others?
A huge hard of this game is in fact fighting and killing your
enemies, no amount of talk can get around that, and imo I think
your holier than thou attitude is getting a bit annoying.
Statements such as your parents should have made raised you in
a way to make you realise what you are doing is wrong etc is
just.. too far off. Some of the kindest people Ive met play
mmorpgs and PvP their asses off, not because they want to
cause mischief but because they play the games one of the ways
its intended to be played, and having a great fun doing it. I know
I would be bored outta my skull if there were no people that
wanted to fight but just did poor ghandi impersonations all day,
and if I never got PKed when I was a noob I would probably have
left, because there wouldnt have been any excitement or danger
in the game.

I do however frown upon thrashtalk, senseless noobkilling and
rpkilling such as intrafaction pking etc, the usual stuff people dont
like. But other than that I dont see whats wrong and I dont see
the problem.

Xylaz
02-02-04, 00:18
Originally posted by Rade
I do however frown upon thrashtalk, senseless noobkilling and rpkilling such as intrafaction pking etc, the usual stuff people dont like. [/B]

usual stuff people don't like eh? nicely put

But other than that I dont see whats wrong and I dont see the problem. [/B]

But other than that... well, i'm afraid there isn't much more left in this game. Ah, OP wars - yup, don't see a problem here...

az

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 00:21
Okay, to get back on topic, what could people do to counter the PK problem? Without code changes from KK to support their efforts, the options are narrowed a bit.

One is to gather a stong lobby of players who push strongly on KK to make game changes in their favor. It would have to be really strong. There would be little reason for KK to respond to a minority, no matter how vocal. Any such changes would either alleviate the problem or give the victims the tools and support they need to deal with it themselves.

A second is to organize people to create a shared list of PKer names, keep it uptodate, and keep it handy. This would cross all factions and clans. People on the list would be flatly denied trade services no matter how much they begged. People on the list would also be KOS by all factions and clans who support the organization. If enough people actively participated, it might very well deter or even reduce the amount of griefing. An uncoordinated effort would most likely be a waste of time.

Also actively form clans and alliances to defend victims and to hunt down PKers, much like NDA and other clans did in the past. But have a whole bunch of people do this very very aggressively.

Do all of these together, and more, if you really want to change things.

Spook

jvasquez33
02-02-04, 00:22
Are you serious? Problem? You have to be a freaking carebear. They made it even harder to pk now, which is so stupid. I dont even know if I want to play this phucking game anymore becuase of it. Number of reasons why pkers hate this game now:

1. Pkin in pepper park now is phucking retarded because the guards shoot you.
2. We cant gr anywhere we want anymore because of some faction bullsheet.
3. And the grs we can go to have guards that shoot us now.

Are people turning more and more carebear by the month of something? wtf. why is eeveryong turning into a pusssy all of a sudden. Back in the days when pcp, shotgun, megaman, silentdeath, all the hardcore pkers where, shit was fun as fuck. Cuz if you were out there expin, you didnt know if you were gona get pked or not. Now you got guards and all that pucee shit. PHUCKING PUCIEZ.!

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 00:30
ROFL!!! On the other hand, given the post above this one here, maybe NOTHING needs to be done. Maybe its working itself out already. Maybe sheer frustration will soon drive them all away.

Spook

P.S. My personal view, which i don't know that i ever really expressed is that this is fundamentally a PvP oriented RP game, even though there are non-PvP things that you can do, so people who are not happy with that fact should probably look elsewhere for their entertainment. But when it comes to noob killing, that's where i believe that KK should actually implement constraints, and not expect the player population to regulate itself. Among other things, noob killing directly hurts KK's business by driving away new players, which in turn hurts *us* if KK isnt realizing a lucrative cashflow.

Rade
02-02-04, 00:32
Originally posted by Xylaz
usual stuff people don't like eh? nicely put

But other than that... well, i'm afraid there isn't much more left in this game. Ah, OP wars - yup, don't see a problem here...

az

Dony really understand your comment, maybe I was unclear. I
dont see a problem in PKing anyone anywhere on the map that is
an enemy, which I also happen to do, way more than most
people. Its when people for example start killing other people
of the same faction for no apparent reason. Then theres the
thrashtalk and whatnot but thats not a problem thats directly
related to PvP.

VetteroX
02-02-04, 00:45
Why dont you carebears go to another game where there is no pvp? In EQ you get banned for leading mobs over to people to kill them... why cant you go there? THere is just no argument, this game is centered around pvp... if you dont like it find a non pvp mmorpg. Why cant one of you carebears answer that? Why did u come here in the first place honestly? I joined because my freind said u could pvp when beta came out. He was like "you gotta try this neocron thing" me: "no, EQ looks really lame to me, I dont like thoes kinda games" "Its like a first person shooter, you can level and get items like in diablo 2 and pvp" Me: "oh awesome then ill try" So whats your reason for playing? if u dont wanna pvp theres OTHER games for you.

Glok
02-02-04, 00:57
I'm gonna be a LE mob hunter with my new char, Vet, so NYAH. I play this game because the atmosphere and community, and basically everything about the game is awesome.

Before you have an aneurysm, I have played since beta, where all I did was OP wars, then in retail, I PvPed a little less, some OP wars some hunting. Now all I want to do is hunt and trade, and get filthy rich. Who the fuck are you to tell me my way of playing is wrong?

VetteroX
02-02-04, 01:00
and what are you gonna DO with that wealth? they whole point of having great weapons and implants etc is to kill people... weather in op wars or otherwise... great so now you have a herc and a 4 slot cs, you gonna use that to hunt mobs? whats the point of having lots of weapons if you dont use em on people?

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 01:03
Your way is perfectly fine since you are using the ingame mechanics given to you to do want you want.

You are not taking out your le and whining that you are getting killed in this cold harsh post apocolyptic society because you couldnt hunt warbots in peace and quiet for a few hours.(which you can do if you actualy explore more then one zone warbots are in like 10-15 different zones I beleive. The NW corner of the map and the mid East.)

Glok
02-02-04, 01:04
@ Vet. Bah, nevermind. It's like talking to a brick wall.

@ PK, I know almost every zone that has warbots... so it's not that. I have my own reasons. Some of it is actual RP, if you are interested. But I really intend to be a trader and harvester. PvP is just a hindrance to what I want to do for the time being. Of course, I might get bored silly of this char and either remove the LE or reroll. We will see.

Rade
02-02-04, 01:07
Ok I give up. Glok, wtf is your avatar supposed to be?

Glok
02-02-04, 01:09
Originally posted by Rade
Ok I give up. Glok, wtf is your avatar supposed to be? A face. But a fucking acid trip face.

VetteroX
02-02-04, 02:42
talking to carebears is like talking to a brick wall, u dont wanna pvp find a non pvp game, if this game gets advertised well we will get enough pvp people to makethe game have a good population, fun for the pvpers, and profit for kk.

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 02:48
Vet atleast glock is doing it the proper way and not whining on the forums that hes getting pked.

I would much rather see a few people running around with the le then some other restriction put in place because the population cant controlitself a bit.

Rade
02-02-04, 02:50
All this time Ive been making this pointless ill thought out nerf
threads on the forums, its like my hands are typing things and
the brain just cant stop em. Its like having two extra dicks ya
know? But now Ive come to realisation....

Damn you I say! DAMN YOU! A CURSE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES!

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 02:53
Yah, I agree. Glok is playing the game and enjoying it inspite of PvP/PKers and isnt bitching and moaning about it. That's great. No problem with that.

Spook

jvasquez33
02-02-04, 03:22
In some ways I really hate to say this ... but they are right Jack.

As long as PKers do not exploit, as long as they only do things that the game allows them to do and do that without cheating, as long as they avoid doing things that KK tells them they must not do ... they are doing nothing wrong, no matter how much grief it brings to other players. They pay their monthly fees just like everyone else and so can play the game to its full extent, however it suits them.

They can be total unconscionable griefers and that's our tough luck.

If a player doesn't like that, the player has choices he/she can make, including finding some other game to play.

If KK doesn't like it, then KK can implement built-in constraints and also make firm declarations about what players can and can not do. The very fact that KK is making Neocron even more dangerous by removing safe zones is a clear announcement to everyone what their own views are.

If the community doesn't like it, then the community can organize to counter it, both in-game and out-game. This includes building a strong enough lobby to force KK to make changes.

In the meantime, it is part of the game, it is valid, it is not immoral or unethical except within the context of the game and that too is valid.

And no I dont feel a personal need to bring about moral reform within the context of a silly game that I play for amusement. This character is what, over two years old? I have played this one and only this one since release and I play rather often. I took my chip out early, and was only PKed like two or three times total that whole time. It was no big deal - you just have to be careful and choosy about where you level. If I can learn to deal with PKers without whining, so can others.

Do I like PKers and what they do to the game? Hell no. But I support their right to do it as long as its legal.

Spook

i LOVE YOU MAN!!!! Couldnt of put it any better myself! <3

JackScratch
02-02-04, 09:13
Well, looks like my posts have brought the usual hostility from people I wasn't realy talking to. If you can't be persuaded to not be an ass (random/faction PK) then rest soundly assured I'm not interested in anything you have to say, none of it. As for Carebears, I am one, it is a stupid inacurate name for what I am, but I have been labeled. As such, I feel it completely apropriot to from this point forward refer to all who disagree with anti Random/Faction PKers as "PussyCowards" from now on when refering to any individual who has stated a position against any Carebear concepts, rather than say Random/Faction PKer, I will simply say "PussyCoward" I would normaly deam this to be flameing, however since the precident has clearly beeen set, but not so much as a hint that use of the term carebear as an insult, then one can clearly conclude that use of the title "PussyCoward" is completely apropriot on these forums. I'm not asking the game to be changed, I'm not asking pussycowards for a solution to a problem. I am pointing out that those who find the behavior of the pussycowards inapropriot have recourse. If you disagree with general pussycowardly behavior, then do not do business with pussycowards, do not associate with pussycowards, hunt pussycowards down in mass. Make it unpleasent to be a pussycoward.

Vettero, I can answer your question, hell you answered it today already. I have nothing against PvP, I actualy like it, I have never said anything against it. Not one thing. Am I carebear? If I am then your statement is profoundly flawed. PvP/PKing is not in the slightest what I have a problem with. So, Oh geat and wise one, whit is it, you think I should do?

Glok
02-02-04, 13:47
... u dont wanna pvp find a non pvp game...How many times do I have to tell you, I LIKE THIS GAME. I'm choosing to opt out of PvP for a while. And. Any game that has mobs and loot is not pure PvP, so you are wrong on that anyways.

Xylaz
02-02-04, 13:48
Well, maybe i try to put it this way:

In my opinion the problem lies in the facts that this game is supposed to "encourage pvp" but in practise it means it really encourages griefing. Because there is a very fluid difference between those two terms. Every Pvper has to become a griefer sometimes, and every griefer has to become pvper (eg. due to inability to excape).
Yet the center of this problem are people who are playing the game and that is why we are discussing this stupid topic over and over again.
So, basically - there is no way to protect newbies from griefers. U can kill the griefer but it only encourage him/her to camp newbie lvling places even more and killing even more newbies. I know this sounds like exxageration but i've witnessed it myself and the whole fight is becoming pointless because no matter what u do, the newbies will suffer even more.
My clanmates are trying to hunt down pkers, involving in wars with them and so on. But i'm not sure about the aim of it, since each conflict causing more and moer griefing and every pker killed by us retaliate on newbies (basically after we kill him he gr to NC and start camping all rat/aggie cellars and killing every red runner in it...). The most ironic thing is that a clan who in the past was up to defend newbies now is the major one in griefing. But on the other hand - this is the only way to win. It doesn't matter how many people u kill in pvp or how good u are. To win a war u should piss off all people in enemy clan thus making them leave a game, to kill all their newbies and so on.
I can see this through my clanmates - at the beggining we have some rules but after beeing killed endless amount of time using various 'cheap tricks' (most popular of course, is camping GR and killing runner on SI) we've started to do it as well. Why not? If everyone else will kill u after GRing, why not to do this yourself? It seems a fair tactic to strike back in the same manner as our enemy.
Yet this again cause more and more griefing. Killing newbies, then killing at GR, then killing while opponent is hunting... and so on.

Maybe the problem lies within the fact that griefing is much more effective than pvp'ing? But like i said before, there is no way to differentiate those two playing styles (through the game mechanics for example), because they are always mixed up.
And the problem is as always - no one cares about the new players - they seems to be just a 'griefer's meat', and there is no way (except LE of course) to protect them.

So hmm, maybe there is really no other way for the noobs than to be kicked out of a clan, popped their LE in and let them lvl up to 50 or untill they cap?
I'm beggining to think that this might be the only way to do.

az

ezza
02-02-04, 13:50
muhahahahahaha griefocron = teh win

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 13:59
I kill people all the time but I also generally ignore low level enemies, I get no satisfaction or benifit from killing them, in fact I'm wasting ammo and time.

I judge low level as being less than half my rank so on pluto thats **/35 and below I leave alone above that I'll kill depending on my mood.

This rule is ignored however if the runner is in a clan I'm at war with.

•Super|\|ova•
02-02-04, 14:01

Ok. Let me tell you. There's 3 roads where we walk by. 1. Carebear, 2. Balanced and 3. Senseless RPKer. You see, you belong to the 3rd group. The best group is the 2nd. And don't think I'm only blaming you. I'm blaming everyone who belong to group 1 or 3.

Go figure it out yourselves ppl. You might succeed to get the point after a while.

ezza
02-02-04, 14:03
Originally posted by El_MUERkO

This rule is ignored however if the runner is in a clan I'm at war with. my clans got so many enemies i just open up on any red(or green if those crahnites dont pick the right side)chances are its proberbly a enemy clan and if not meh whatever

El_MUERkO
02-02-04, 14:11
my clans got so many enemies i just open up on any red(or green if those crahnites dont pick the right side)chances are its proberbly a enemy clan and if not meh whatever

I think I'm going to have to g that way on Pluto, all my enemy clans move in large groups with PPUs everywhere so I never get to kill anyone.

Maybe I should start a new clan called "I PK j()()" then everyone will know where I stand, so I can toast noobs sans any feeling of guilt, buy a second account and make a PPU to come rez me and I'd be sorted :)

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 14:33
its always the same group of ppl that whine and bitch on the forums all the time

problem ?

simple, they cant win..
if its not newbie killing, is killing while hunting, killing while at gogo, killing hacking, etc.............

if u keep on bicthing its kuz u keep being killed.....

i kill a lot and i die aswell, ive lost rares to, why should i complain ?
they have the right to kill me, as i have the right to kill them....

and stop the bullshit that killing nibs drives the costumers away, kuz if they read the introducing in manual (tho is outdated), its clear that u can be killed anywhere, so they know what can hapend

in terms of the RP in this game, RED = DEAD, thats its cleary if u press the F6..........

if u r a noble player and do not want to kill nibs u got that right to... anyone can do what they please....

so stop crying and fight back, u can u know

Kasumi
02-02-04, 14:37
It doesnt saying in the F6 windows YOU MUST KILL THIS FACTION!! IT SAYS THEY ARE HOSTILE!!!!! Meaning you DONT ALWAYS have to kill them.. that is murder not Roleplaying.. Why do Pkers (NOT PVPers) use this as an excuse???

Gestra
02-02-04, 14:39
People dont roleplay,

Film at 11.

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 14:41
It doesnt saying in the F6 windows YOU MUST KILL THIS FACTION!! IT SAYS THEY ARE HOSTILE!!!!! Meaning you DONT ALWAYS have to kill them.. that is murder not Roleplaying.. Why do Pkers (NOT PVPers) use this as an excuse???

i guess ur defenition of enemy is diferent of mine:rolleyes:

i think i should invite enemies for a drink not kill them, maybe that way they will be neutral after tyhe 4th drink

Spex
02-02-04, 14:42
Yes im often with a TG, thats so he can pk next and tt for me and I can kill sunami and fa for him. That way everyone dies. PP we just have to lose sl... unless we get a tsnami pker with us. Everyone dies.
I want to kill tsunamies, TG's, Diamond, CA etc... because THEY ARE MY ENEMIES. WE ARE AT WAR. IN GAME TERMS, I HATE THEM. DO YOU GET IT!?

No, I don't get it. And it proves Gestra's point.

Thane
02-02-04, 14:45
so, what do you guys wanna do when DoY arrives? and suddenly there are like alot of DoY players who actually GET something for killing you? :D

whine all day? get it, PvP is a base element of the game, nuff said... (and no, i didn't bother to read the whole thread, been there, done that. more than once :p )

Kasumi
02-02-04, 14:48
He is talking about PKing.. not PvPing.. those are two completely different aspects in a game.. PvP = Player vs Player.. PK = Player Killing or basically murdering someone because you can.. that ruins peoples fun..

Psychoninja
02-02-04, 14:51
Well if you want a giant chat room theres always The Sims online, Fun enough?

Thane
02-02-04, 14:52
He is talking about PKing.. not PvPing.. those are two completely different aspects in a game.. PvP = Player vs Player.. PK = Player Killing or basically murdering someone because you can.. that ruins peoples fun..

pft, PKing and PvPing is just a matter of view.

if a player kills a player (PK) he usually player Player vs Player(PvP) before.

PvP would make sense if there would be some BS as in d2, go to a place, declare war, and stuff..... but nope, it's neocron.
PvP is legal PK in your opinion? well, i say when i versused a played, i usually ALLWAYS tried to kill him too.

and don't get me started on terms and shit. terms in neocron are not what they are in other games, neocron is weird.....

uh, and be sure, when a DoY player comes to kill a CA lover, he will neither check the "level" his or her oponent has :)

Kasumi
02-02-04, 15:00
Well if you want a giant chat room theres always The Sims online, Fun enough?

Interesting point of view.. you think because someone wants to try an ROLEPLAY in an mmoROLEPLAYgame it is automatically a chat room? No its a game... Neocron is not an First person shooter where you kill whatever you dont like.. it's an MMORPG with FPS elements..

uh, and be sure, when a DoY player comes to kill a CA lover, he will neither check the "level" his or her oponent has

This I could understand.. why? They are at war with each other.. but Tangent and Biotech arent.. they just are trying to be the best (at any cost(But I dont think murder is included here maybe a little)) to own both companies...that would be there CEO's.. I would say Black Dragons have there reasons for killing people but.. most other companies don't.. Next? They dont like ProtoPharm but you dont see them blowing up the protopharm lab killing innocent people do you?

Thane
02-02-04, 15:01
it's an MMORPG with FPS elements..

see? here we go again. imo it's a FPS with MMOPRG elements :)
just a matter what you prefer i guess o_O

Kasumi
02-02-04, 15:02
Your right it is.. it will always be the RPers vs PKers as well as FPS vs RPG players... it will always be an on going fight on who is right and who is wrong as long as there are always opinions.. but I dont care anymore.. I may not post in this thread again :|

Psychoninja
02-02-04, 15:07
Interesting point of view.. you think because someone wants to try an ROLEPLAY in an mmoROLEPLAYgame it is automatically a chat room? No its a game... Neocron is not an First person shooter where you kill whatever you dont like.. it's an MMORPG with FPS elements..

IMO the game is more of a FPS than a MMO, I honestly don't think there is enough stuff in the game to roleplay with anyways. I bet you're against 'roleplaying' a mass murderer though, right? :rolleyes:

Kasumi
02-02-04, 15:11
Originally posted by Psychoninja
IMO the game is more of a FPS than a MMO, I honestly don't think there is enough stuff in the game to roleplay with anyways. I bet you're against 'roleplaying' a mass murderer huh though, right? :rolleyes:

Nope not at all.. if someone honestly wanted to do that.. but would that person stay in character? would he play an outlaw? would he/she stay out of the city? would he/she live with his -16+ SL?? if he/she did all this than I do not care he/she can have all the fun he/she wants.. but would he/she use that as an excuse to kill what he/she wants? and talk out of character?

Gestra
02-02-04, 15:11
Neocron = MMOG

If people would finally drop the 'rpg' idea the game would be improved from there.

Why does any MMOG suddenly magically have to become an RPG.

RPG inane term without a solid defined or needed place in MMOG's.

Original monk
02-02-04, 15:21
i dont care about factions :) or clans :)

as soon as someone attacks me then i will attack back, and i dunno any KOS: kos is bullshit, i been told i been kos for about 9000 times now, and mostly the day after they declared kos on me everything seems forgiven and forgotten ... then ya see em the day after in PP and start wooping the dudes ass and he's like OMG whats wrong with you man, i tought we talked it out :)

keep youre friends close, enemy's even closer

Strych9
02-02-04, 15:27
Kasumi, jack scratch etc let me ask YOU a question. If pking is wrong, WHY do we have factions !? Do you REALLY expect us just to have op wars, then the winners shake hands with the losers, and some retire to plaza 1 to discuss the battle and others go leveling togeather, tsunami ppus ppuing black dragon apus in the chaos caves? Im sorry, but no. Its just not gonna happen. Im out to destroy my enemies... I want to crush the mercs at an op war, kill their noobs at cyclops bunker and then drive the filthy scum back into thier guard infested bunker. I want to kill tsunamies, TG's, Diamond, CA etc... because THEY ARE MY ENEMIES. WE ARE AT WAR. IN GAME TERMS, I HATE THEM. DO YOU GET IT!? There are a lot of people who are happy when they get attacked, because they like action... I dont WANT to chat with people... I can do that in REAL LIFE. I can actually see them before me, my RL freinds, or, I can log on aol and look, theres a chat room!I agree with all of this.
As for role play, guess what? If I could kill certain people and get away with in in real life like you can in NC, and in real life I had the fighting skills I have in NC, I would kill people... not for no reason but if it was in a ruined world and they had resouses I need, or could attack me (everyones potentialy dangerous) Id kill them.And in real life you would die and then we wouldn't have to listen to you any more. Woot.

It's pretty easy to talk big in a forum, eh Vett?

Have you carebears EVER figured maybe this game isnt fot you, that YOU are in the wrong? Maybe this game is for pvpers? Why dont YOU leave neocron for a non pvp mmorpg and leave the people who wanna pvp/pk alone? Hrm, remind me... who was it that a mod even suggested should maybe try a different game more suitable for them?

Oh yeah, it was you.

Wait, I skipped over this:
AS for killing allied factions, a few days ago, I decdied to be nice... I ran past a biotech monk (ally) and killed a CA tank, (enemy) well, guess what? the biotech monk attack me and almost killed me... well, thats the last time I ever be nice, last time I spare someone.Vett, you are such a hypocrite. You can NOT use the Faction System as a justification for action like you do at the start of your post AND say that you ignore the faction system and kill allies.

If you use the red = dead as a justification for killing, then not red = not dead is the justification for not killing allies. Plain and simple. Otherwise, you are proving what everyone already knows- you have no regard for the RP elemensts of this game and should simply go play something else.

Lucjan
02-02-04, 15:30

This I could understand.. why? They are at war with each other.. but Tangent and Biotech arent.. they just are trying to be the best (at any cost(But I dont think murder is included here maybe a little)) to own both companies...that would be there CEO's.. I would say Black Dragons have there reasons for killing people but.. most other companies don't.. Next? They dont like ProtoPharm but you dont see them blowing up the protopharm lab killing innocent people do you?

And how often do you see BTs killing TTs or NEXT going on their city enemies? Tbh I tried to remeber the last time Ive seen it and I just cant remember... all the killings I see day by day are mostly the "bad" (like in BD,TG,CS) against the "good" (city factions) and vice versa which does make sense to me.

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 15:32
strych, unless the allied menbers (or clan) help another faction allied to them, against the other faction also allied to them

EXEMPLE - this is whats goin on on saturn

CRhan help TG against BD, why shouldnt BD preventing them to lvl at op's belonging to BD or not kill them on sight

ezza
02-02-04, 15:34
Originally posted by Lucjan
And how often do you see BTs killing TTs or NEXT going on their city enemies? Tbh I tried to remeber the last time Ive seen it and I just cant remember... all the killings I see day by day are mostly the "bad" (like in BD,TG,CS) against the "good" (city factions) and vice versa which does make sense to me. you dont see bio killing TT cos there aint many of them,a nd not enough high level to go around pking.

cant say i can name any next clans on saturn anyway.

most of the pker/PvPers go to TG and BD cos they are the best factions for fighting as they have the most enemies

Kasumi
02-02-04, 15:37
Originally posted by Devils Grace
strych, unless the allied menbers (or clan) help another faction allied to them, against the other faction also allied to them

EXEMPLE - this is whats goin on on saturn

CRhan help TG against BD, why shouldnt BD preventing them to lvl at op's belonging to BD or not kill them on sight

This is a clan issue, that brings problems to others.. so one bad group of people make the WHOLE faction evil and bad?? I dont think soo..

You mention something abotu causing grief? That is breaking the rules.. Last I checked you COULD NOT CAUSE HARM OR GRIEF or HARRASSMENT to other players.. but Reakktor refuses to ban th epeople who cause grief..

And how often do you see BTs killing TTs or NEXT going on their city enemies? Tbh I tried to remeber the last time Ive seen it and I just cant remember... all the killings I see day by day are mostly the "bad" (like in BD,TG,CS) against the "good" (city factions) and vice versa which does make sense to me.

It does make sense to a point.. but what about the innocent people?? This sounds like a clan issue.. you know because someone hates another person doesnt mean they cannot be friend... Let me explain.. Someone in City Admin could be a friend with someone in Twilight Guardian but they have different views on how the government should be ran.. but they are STILL friends... the point of this thread is about PKers.. again I dont mind normal PvP but people who just go kill everything they see is not very fun! (Look at VetteroX's posts.. if you want to know what I mean) :|

Strych9
02-02-04, 15:41
most of the pker/PvPers go to TG and BD cos they are the best factions for fighting as they have the most enemies The way Vett talks it up, I thought all of the enemies of TG and BD where skillless cowards?

Imagine all of the skilled people you could fight if you were CA or any other faction that is enemy to TG and BD, eh? :p

tuxy
02-02-04, 15:45
Originally posted by Strych9
The way Vett talks it up, I thought all of the enemies of TG and BD where skillless cowards?

Imagine all of the skilled people you could fight if you were CA or any other faction that is enemy to TG and BD, eh? :p

ya i can just see it now if i go ca
over faction chat
hey guys lets go raid the canyons and after that lets kill some bd at cycrow
reply: leave the saftey of plaza 1? are u fucking mad!!!11

Strych9
02-02-04, 16:03
Originally posted by tuxy
ya i can just see it now if i go ca
over faction chat
hey guys lets go raid the canyons and after that lets kill some bd at cycrow
reply: leave the saftey of plaza 1? are u fucking mad!!!11 Now now... I have seen most uber PKars in this game begging for pokes and whatnot in the safety of Plaza 1/2. Even Vett was in there asking for pokes and you KNOW how ubar he is.

There are tons of CA runners (talking Saturn) that would gladly go along with something like that. :)

ezza
02-02-04, 16:06
only decent CA runner ive come across is Sw1tch, rest of them dont fight enough imo to be good.

last CA clan that was anygood was when blood brothers were CA and you know how long ago that was :lol:

the amount if times vets raiding hes bound to get killed sometimes so course hes gonna need pokes , as do all good fighters, cant expct to win every fight, hell i even lost to that nib TRINITY other day(and damn was i embarresed)

Shakari
02-02-04, 16:07
Originally posted by Gestra
Neocron = MMOG

If people would finally drop the 'rpg' idea the game would be improved from there.

Why does any MMOG suddenly magically have to become an RPG.

RPG inane term without a solid defined or needed place in MMOG's.

I think you will find its called a MMorg :D

Massvie Multiplayer Online ROLEPLAYING GAME

so no magic in it :D it is an RPG game but Online with lots of other ppl

ezza
02-02-04, 16:12
massive multi player online roleplay ganking perhaps?

deeg
02-02-04, 16:16
As it has been mention many times before, PvP is an intrinsic aspect of Neocron. I do not have a major problem with this. What tends to annoy me is when a 65535/65535 monk decides to obliterate my lowly character in 2 or 3 hits.

How about some sort of LE that lets you attack, and be attacked by, anyone +/- 10 of your combat rank or something?

I think that would level the playing field a little. Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but I think it’s a good point.

I can see some down sides to this, such as maybe a lower level clan member it being attacked and you cannot help them because your rank is too high. But in saying that, the fight itself should still be quite even.

I don’t know, I’m just rambling now. The point is there should be some way of preventing fight that are going to be wildly one-sided if you choose.

Xylaz
02-02-04, 16:21
massive multi player online roleplay ganking perhaps?

agree, as long as it involves roleplaying... Yet i've seen only one spectacular show of roleplaying ganking, while i was starting this game as a newb - surprisingly enough made by a few crackheads... But it never happened again anyway...

az

Strych9
02-02-04, 16:23
only decent CA runner ive come across is Sw1tch, rest of them dont fight enough imo to be good.

last CA clan that was anygood was when blood brothers were CA and you know how long ago that was :lol:

the amount if times vets raiding hes bound to get killed sometimes so course hes gonna need pokes , as do all good fighters, cant expct to win every fight, hell i even lost to that nib TRINITY other day(and damn was i embarresed) Wow, your continual defense of Vett is admirable. Or something.

First of all, about CA runners- the point is that if you are a badass, and you want to ACTUALLY fight skilled runners (an assumption on my part), and your mentor says that all of BDs enemies are cowards lacking skill... they why dont you fight against the factions that have the skilled runners?

Since you choose to fight the factions lacking skill, that means that you either dont want to fight skilled runners or... well, I dont know what else that could mean.

Switch to CA Ezza and then fight BD and TG. Or become CM and then you can defend MB against Vett and then YOU can keep the wastelands safe.

I made my runners CA and my clan CA so we can fight BD and TG(and all DOY factions after DOY comes out), since thats where the good fight is to be found. Too bad so many other people choose to be BD rather than fight BD. But thats what you see in ALL online games. The good fighters would rather fight alongside other good fighters than fight against them.

Second, about what I said about Vett. DURRRRR, I know he needs pokes. The point wasnt that Vett died. The point was that EVERYONE relies on the safety of Plaza 1, not just the City Admin runners. You will be hard pressed to find a CA runner in Plaza 2- thats usually very populated, and populated with the runners that would be KOS in medicare. So it wasnt about Vett dying- it was about the fact that all sorts of runners rely on the safety of Plaza safezones.

numb
02-02-04, 16:26

With the genrep technology, death is not permenant in neocron, both sides, Tangent and Biotech are aware of this. If the -temporary- killing of a competing faction will disrupt their activities enough to lose them business, then in my opinion it is perfectly valid.

I dont see why people argue the roleplaying aspect of things, and how it's unrealistic when death is not permenant. Is it really 'murder' if that same person can be walking the streets again in a matter of minutes?

ezza
02-02-04, 16:28
ill defend any pker who get some much grief on this forum whoever they are.

and as for going CA, i was CA once upon a time, and i have been a Cm, i was merc when ND were at there hight attacking hell of a lot, erikin and king of scheme amongst others were semi permanant features of the base, and i loved fighting them, id log on just to go fight them.

but i will not go merc again cos idont like a number of the mercs, nor do i like the guards in the base.

i like BD, the factions cool and we got the best FC on the server, why would i want to move?

its not relying on safezone, its relying on where the pokers are

wolfwood
02-02-04, 16:33

join a clan to back your ass up hen u die

Strych9
02-02-04, 16:44
and as for going CA, i was CA once upon a time, and i have been a Cm, i was merc when ND were at there hight attacking hell of a lot, erikin and king of scheme amongst others were semi permanant features of the base, and i loved fighting them, id log on just to go fight them.

but i will not go merc again cos idont like a number of the mercs, nor do i like the guards in the base.

i like BD, the factions cool and we got the best FC on the server, why would i want to move?Oh, if you play the game for "coolness" of a faction and for the quality of the FC, then there is nothing wrong with that.

I thought you were like Vett and only played for the single purpose to kill other runners.

My bad.

My point still stands though. If you want a challenge (I am not saying you do) then you should fight against Vett (or whoever), not just tag along on raids.
its not relying on safezone, its relying on where the pokers are I disagree. He could have ran to the bunker, MB, TH... there are plenty of pokers always around.

Its also about the safezone. ;)

ezza
02-02-04, 16:49

My point still stands though. If you want a challenge (I am not saying you do) then you should fight against Vett (or whoever), not just tag along on raids.I disagree. He could have ran to the bunker, MB, TH... there are plenty of pokers always around.

Its also about the safezone. ;)

lol if a BD ran to the bunker or tech haven to get a poke, umm well lets just say he wont get it :lol:

as for what people think, well i kill a lot of people, but ive been merc,CA,Crahn,TG,CA,NeXT and BD, the last of which is the only one ive felt at home in thats why im BD, the having lots of enemies is a plus point i like, ive dueled vet a few times in neofrag and ive said in other threads, if i wasnt loyal to BD i would go to a enemy faction cos i enjoy fighting good people, regardless of if i lose, i got killed by a CA runner other day on BD turf GG to him, shrugs only way im gonna move from BD is if they make them allie of TG, not down with that:(

Organics
02-02-04, 17:30
:)

Faction killing doesn't really bother me, regardless of level since it's enemy vs enemy. It's just the stupidity of some people that insist on killing allied or neutral people for no apparent reason.

Of course, I can understand why you would attack such people if they stood by while you fought a common enemy and did nothing. Hell, when I used to play UO I turned red a few times myself for killing blue ppl that did nothing to help me out.

But killing newbi (or any other really) allied or neutral runners is quite pathetic, just to feel good about yourself or whatever, it's not cool, it's not clever.

Strych9
02-02-04, 17:52
lol if a BD ran to the bunker or tech haven to get a poke, umm well lets just say he wont get it :lol:
Exactly. Thats why they rely on safezones for pokes, so they wont be attacked while asking for them. :)
as for what people think, well i kill a lot of people, but ive been merc,CA,Crahn,TG,CA,NeXT and BD, the last of which is the only one ive felt at home in thats why im BD, the having lots of enemies is a plus point i like, ive dueled vet a few times in neofrag and ive said in other threads, if i wasnt loyal to BD i would go to a enemy faction cos i enjoy fighting good people, regardless of if i lose, i got killed by a CA runner other day on BD turf GG to him, shrugs only way im gonna move from BD is if they make them allie of TG, not down with thatWell that will change with BDOY. You will have fewer enemies I would think, since they are realigning all of the politics and polarizing the game into two "sides"... DoY and Neocron.

I bet they will not have many enemies located in the same city as each other.

Regardless, dont count on BD being the same after they are yanked out of PP and relocated to DoY.

And I am glad you see the faction as something you need to be comfortable with, rather than just a simple tool to allow killing.

ezza
02-02-04, 17:53
bd aint moving out of PP

and if they make TG and us allies im gonna no balistic:mad:

Judge
02-02-04, 17:58

I roleplay. I roleplay a slightly deranged member of the Crahn sect who thinks that Crahn speaks to her. She is often prone to mood swings, so sometimes I will give an enemy noob money (as long as they aren't CA) and sometimes I will rip them a new asshole... So my roleplaying is centered around PvP or quite possibly PK depending on your view.... but that does not mean I don't Roleplay. You cannot definitely say that a "PKer" is not a roleplayer... how do you know, and who are you to judge they roleplay?

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 18:11
i am roleplaying

im pretending im an asshole8|

hmm no wait.......i am an asshole

i dont roleplay then, or do i:D

gostly
02-02-04, 18:16
I HATE CAREBEARS.........

for once, im gunna turn somethin around and say go play a different game, if you dont like the pvp....ffs

carebears usually have that auto-response of "if you wanna play somethin where you just kill people go play CS, or quake"...

go fist yourself:rolleyes:

Strych9
02-02-04, 18:32
bd aint moving out of PP

and if they make TG and us allies im gonna no balistic:mad: Well here is what it says in the plan file:
All the factions opposing Neocron's government will be banned from the city and will find a new home in Dome of York.TG will definitely be moved, as they already talked about changing the canyon to a glorified Op of some sort.

So the question is what happens to BD. While they do say
Of course clan-political interests will remain important and conflicts within a city's factions will remain possible.so that means its possible for BD to fight other factions in their location (DoY or Neocron, whichever it ends up being) but it also says
However, the Empire with the strongest factions and clans will always be the more powerful one....After the release of NC:BDOY, the main focus will shift towards the conflict between the two empires Dome of York and Neocron. The revised faction sympathy system will reflect that.And in case that isnt clear, "the main focus" means that the rules will enforce that.

So no matter how it turns out for BD, you will likely end up with more allies and fewer enemies than you have now. And the RP killing that should be priority is killing runners from the other city.

numb
02-02-04, 18:42
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the factions opposing Neocron's government will be banned from the city and will find a new home in Dome of York.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going to happen to Tsunami then? Will they still be working out of pepper park considering the strip clubs are there?

Tsunami are enemies of CA, is the business going to be pushed out to DoY? If that statement is completely true, to me it looks like the end of pepper park as we know it.

ezza
02-02-04, 18:45
i neither care for either city or anti city, i just wanna be a thug/gangster not some politically active fighter

Strych9
02-02-04, 18:55
Originally posted by numb
quote:
All the factions opposing Neocron's government will be banned from the city and will find a new home in Dome of York.

What's going to happen to Tsunami then? Will they still be working out of pepper park considering the strip clubs are there?

Tsunami are enemies of CA, is the business going to be pushed out to DoY? If that statement is completely true, to me it looks like the end of pepper park as we know it. Keep in mind, that PP is only that way because there is only one city. With two cities, I cant see that PP will be the same. Nor would I want it to be the same. Why sit around fighting another city-based clan which serves NO end when you would be fighting anti-city clans/runners which would actually help strengthen the city in which you live?

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 19:34
This thread has become pointless. People are mostly either venting or revelling in their own posts as they zing someone else. Besides, its not like any of you have any hope of converting someone else to your own opinion. Lets face it. There are totally different point of views here that are NOT going to change and are NOT going to exist in harmony.

Person #1: It's a role playing game! "Roleplaying" means you have to have reasons for what you do. The "game" part means there has to be fairness as well, and you should be considerate of others and not spoil their fun.

Person #2: Fuck that!!! I'm just gonna kill people. If you don't like it go play something else.

So, you get to decide ... KK has either succeeded in creating a dangerous world where aberant behavior is unchecked, or KK has failed miserably at putting in game controls to minimize the negative impact of certain types of players. Then let your voice and your money make very clear your personal decisions.

Spook

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 20:21
well i think both worlds are together

in one hand u have the good and honored ppl that likes to help the others, and in the other hand u have the bad guyz, in wich all they do is put some unhappiness in ppl lifes

one shouldnt complain about the other, kuz actually its like the world is

Strych9
02-02-04, 20:32
one shouldnt complain about the other, kuz actually its like the world is Saying "its like that in real life" is NOT the same as saying "you should be happy about it."

People complain cause they are unhappy. And there are a LOT of unhappy and complaining people in real life.

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 20:34
Devils Grace,

You make an interesting point, but many people play games for entertainment to escape from the real world and its pain, unhappiness, and those badguys. So when they discover badguys in their games, who ruin their enjoyment, they become vocal about it because the whole idea in the first place was to get away from that kinda thing ... hence the existence of this thread.

Edit: i realize i am once again over simplifying (as in my prior post), but i believe this is still valid in a general sense.

Spook

P.S. lol, guess i can't resist posting either, even after making a point of saying it was a waste of time. Apologies all around.

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 20:54
ive spent a shit load of money buying SWG on internet and bring it to POrtugal.

after one month, i canceled the acount, why u say?

well PvP there was only with autorization of the other player, and since it was turn based the highest develop char will always win unless he was a CH.

so what hapend was ppl shit talked others and then challenge them to a duel, and i ask "for what since ur goin to win" play real games on wich skill is necessary and u will see if u will still talk like that" so the so famous beloved SWG comunity is a fucking shite.....

in neocron u can defend ur self, not only by asking friends to do it, or do it urself.....

now in my case if in the future the ability to random attack players (enemies) is removed, i will remove my self aswell.

kuz in fact the game provides u ways either not to engage PvP or to defend ur self kuz no one has god mode on........

when i started playing this game it was on pluto on the glory days of megaman, and i was ganked like hell, really i was killed so many times that i lost count.........but in truth, it didnt bother me at all, one day the revenge it will be mine, and our paths will cross again.

now every char i do the 1st thing i do is take the LE out, and yes i am killed, but not that many times...

there was a guy named 8 ball he was a DRE PE rifle PE and all he did was goin to the aggies kill 2 or 3 nibs then he went to plaza trading wating for the SL to go up and then do teh same.......he was so pathetic that i didnt even bother to log Devils Grace and gank him....

a few days after i spoted him hunting in gaya, and i started laughing real hard, he droped faster then he actually expect....

now can u believe that he dm me shiot talking me, asking why did i killed him

ROFL, that is the kind of player that ruins this game.

and like i said u cant have both worlds, NO PvP and PvP at the same time but only when u want

Strych9
02-02-04, 21:14
and since it was turn based the highest develop char will always winSurely you can see how this is happening in Neo with all of the noob ganking dont you? In Neo, even though it isnt turn based, a lowbie has no chance vs a capped PE that flies his hovertech to the bunker, kills some noobs, and then runs off.

Why does it seem that almost EVERY PKer that posts in the forums seems to miss that people pretty much ONLY have a problem with capped chars killing of noobs? Why do they think that people want PvP removed?

g0rt
02-02-04, 21:17
Surely you can see how this is happening in Neo with all of the noob ganking dont you? In Neo, even though it isnt turn based, a lowbie has no chance vs a capped PE that flies his hovertech to the bunker, kills some noobs, and then runs off.

Why does it seem that almost EVERY PKer that posts in the forums seems to miss that people pretty much ONLY have a problem with capped chars killing of noobs? Why do they think that people want PvP removed?

Bullshit. With a little luck and alot of skill you can kill a capped char with a HALF capped char. If some tank runs up to the bunker to kill all the noobs, I bet a /30 apu monk with a holy energy halo has a GOOD chance at taking him out, especially if he can position himself on top of the bunker or some other strategic location.

This is a crock of crap, rank means nothing in this game, my tank is /71 does that mean im automatically gonna beat the shit out of a /60 tank? HELL NO.

Strych9
02-02-04, 21:34
Originally posted by g0rt
Bullshit. With a little luck and alot of skill you can kill a capped char with a HALF capped char. If some tank runs up to the bunker to kill all the noobs, I bet a /30 apu monk with a holy energy halo has a GOOD chance at taking him out, especially if he can position himself on top of the bunker or some other strategic location.You must not spend too much time out at the bunker. :rolleyes: Ask Vett how many times a /30 Apu monk takes him down. And gee, the APU monk can do a lot of damage from on top of the bunker when the PKer is inside.

Save your silly theories about how it COULD happen when we know how it actually happens.
This is a crock of crap, rank means nothing in this game, my tank is /71 does that mean im automatically gonna beat the shit out of a /60 tank? HELL NO. Your reasoning is a crock of crap. Wait, I talk about noob killing, and you are suggesting that a /60 tank is a noob?

Rank DOES mean something in this game.

Unless you suggest a /20 tank can kill a /71 tank?

Did you ACTUALLY just say that rank means nothing in this game??????

Edit: Where has Marx gone? The Ubar PKar crowd needs a more rational voice than gort.

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 21:55
Surely you can see how this is happening in Neo with all of the noob ganking dont you? In Neo, even though it isnt turn based, a lowbie has no chance vs a capped PE that flies his hovertech to the bunker, kills some noobs, and then runs off.

no its not true.

i had a monk that was lvl 60/39 and i was killing everyting that moves in the aggies one day

so 3 caped PE's went inside to kill me and i slay them all, (i had a same lvl ppu with me ) and u know what they said " i was watching my friend screen and all u did was poison and poison is lame"o_O :wtf: O_o 8|

Strych9
02-02-04, 21:58
no its not true.

i had a monk that was lvl 60/39 and i was killing everyting that moves in the aggies one day

so 3 caped PE's went inside to kill me and i slay them all, (i had a same lvl ppu with me ) and u know what they said " i was watching my friend screen and all u did was poison and poison is lame"o_O :wtf: O_o 8| Whats not true? Which part? I never said that you couldnt kill PEs DG with a PPU strap on. :)

Devils Grace
02-02-04, 22:03
**39 ppu with blessed spells (non caped) against 3 caped PE's with liberator ( i had a 5 sloted holy poison halo lol)

no need to say that i had to delete that apu since he went to 69 negative SL :lol:

if me and 2 of my friends died with some nibs apu and ppu i would cut my balls off, wich doesnt mean it couldnt hapend...

i agree its dificult but its not impossible and actually the game provides the chance of u doin so, unlike any other games

g0rt
02-02-04, 22:06
actually when i was a noob on pluto when it first opened i leveled at the bunker, and there was 500-600 people on at a time back then and leveling at the bunker was NOT easy with the likes of Ying and Megaman running by doing frequent pk hits. My monk was like /35 or so back then, hybrid, and i was fighting the pkers. And when I got pk'd, bohoo....all it did was make me want to cap my char even MORE so I could pk them back.

Only everquest pussies would LEAVE a game because they get pk'd a bunch. REAL players would get pk'd a few times and would only grow more and more anxious to get capped and pk those who pk'd them. These are the kinds of players that SHOULD be playing this game.

You said lowbie. What the word "lowbie" means depends on your personal opinion. Could be /20, /30, /40, /50, /60 depending on how you want to look at a "lowbie".

In the end...noob ganking is good, it creates a tense leveling atmosphere, it promotes pvp because the killers have fun and the people killed get angry and when they cap they go nuts, its just all around a good thing. I don't care about who can take out who, if you really think its the END OF THE WORLD that some capped char took out your 0/2 noob, for god sakes, grow some balls. Suck it up and keep leveling.

Strych9
02-02-04, 22:16
I dont think its the end of the world. As long as newbs/noobs have the ability to use the LE, I dont think they have a reason to complain.

If anything is actually bothersome its the attitude that those people adopt after killing noobs.

If you get off killing noobs, please just state it as such.

Dont come in here and act like you are teh king because you capped a bunch of noobs.

Also dont come in here and whine about the increasing number of people using the LE. ESPECIALLY now that the LE cant be put back in after level 30. gort, do you REALIZE how MANY MORE targets would be out there for you if PKers didnt attack newbs, and scare them into using the LE??????

Otherwise, I am cool with it.

Oh yeah, also realize that you telling the carebears to piss off is no different from the carebears doing their thing and trying to increase punishments for PKers. Just keep that in mind. :)

s0liduS
02-02-04, 22:27

woah someones delusional...

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 22:39
noob ganking is good
Noob: Let's see if i got this straight ... i can either keep the LE in and avoid being griefed by assholes like you but then i can't join a clan, *or* i have to put up with being hassled by you jerks but i can join a clan and socialize - which is one reason why people like me play this kinda game ... that about right?

PKer: You got it, jack.

Noob: Hah! Fat chance. Cya dude ... good luck in bankruptcy court KK ... hello Uninstall.

Spook

P.S. The moral of the story is that letting players drive away new customers is a great way to help you go out of business. It's also called shooting yourself in the foot.

JackScratch
02-02-04, 22:43
This thread has become pointless. People are mostly either venting or revelling in their own posts as they zing someone else. Besides, its not like any of you have any hope of converting someone else to your own opinion. Lets face it. There are totally different point of views here that are NOT going to change and are NOT going to exist in harmony.
Spook

Who is converting? I'm here recruiting, this is war, and the Pussycowards are going down, and this isn't one of those we will kill them wars, this is a war of atrition. Those of us against the pussycowards are going to make the game unplayable for those who are pussycowards.

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 22:45
Are pussycowards the ones who get pked and whine on the forums rather then doing something about it?

FIGHT BACK

Archeus
02-02-04, 22:48
P.S. The moral of the story is that letting players drive away new customers is a great way to help you go out of business. It's also called shooting yourself in the foot.

LE has long since stopped that. I tell new players to leave in the LE, not because I am a carebear but because they have to be weened onto combat, once they have a slight clue of what is going on the LE can come out.

JackScratch
02-02-04, 22:50
Pussycoward=anti, anti Faction/Random PKers. Oposite of Carebear, see previous posts

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 22:52
Who is converting? I'm here recruiting, this is war

Ah. Well, that's a reasonable approach. Good luck.

Spook

Glok
02-02-04, 22:52
Or, you leave the LE in if you are making a char that is completely gimped for PvP, like I am. Say hi to the hacking, constructing, poking, repairing, recycling APU-biased hybrid monk. 8|

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 22:54
Jack honestly why havent you made an anti noob ganker/pker whatever you would like clan.

Ya ya I know you cant help every server but who the fuck cares about all the other servers if you stop it on one maybe the others will see the light and rally against noob gankers rather then pissing an moaning until kk places restrictions when you yourself can help take on the role of policing the community.

While where at kk restricting who we can and cant kill lets just have them give us an agenda for the day randomly and we have to due exactly what they say and have no freedom ourselves and we get banned if we stray from the days agenda. A bit of an exageration but it seems some people want a police state rather then policing themselves.

JackScratch
02-02-04, 23:00
Jack honestly why havent you made an anti noob ganker/pker whatever you would like clan.

Ya ya I know you cant help every server but who the fuck cares about all the other servers if you stop it on one maybe the others will see the light and rally against noob gankers rather then pissing an moaning until kk places restrictions when you yourself can help take on the role of policing the community.

While where at kk restricting who we can and cant kill lets just have them give us an agenda for the day randomly and we have to due exactly what they say and have no freedom ourselves and we get banned if we stray from the days agenda. A bit of an exageration but it seems some people want a police state rather then policing themselves.

Have you ever read anything I have ever writen in the forums? DO you even know who I am?

Point 1 - not only have I never asked for a change of any kind in game mechanics, I am the bigest anti-nerfer there ever was in the history of the game. Fact is I wish they would remove the LE and anything like it entirely, so I could get to work.

Point 2 - TechSyn - Not the bigest not the best, but the fact is, I am far more interested in the community as a whole than some police clan. Every single individual on every single server that is anti PussyCoward has to work together.

Every time the arguements you guys use come up, I am baffled that you are argueing with me, you sound like you have never heard anything I have said.

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 23:03
I didnt say you specificaly want kk to implement restrictions but almost everyone else with your point of view seems to want it that way.

You seem so anti "pussy coward" I just thought you would be the perfect person to lead a clan since your attempting to lead the um anti "pussy cowards" atleast on the forum.

JackScratch
02-02-04, 23:05
Dude, that's what I am saying, I lead TechSyn - Technical Syndicate on Pluto, Uranus, and Saturn

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 23:10
Archeus,

I think you missed my point. When BDoY ships a lot of new customers are going to be mighty surprised when they are confronted with the reality of PKers and the need to make the tough decision that I posed. Yes, some will indeed elect to just keep the LE in, and others will yank it out and join a clan early on accepting the risk. But I think a lot of them will decide to simply leave ... and that could be a very bad thing for the rest of us.

It will be really hilarious (in a dark humor sort of way) if the PKer's get what they are asking for ... all the carebears are driven away and the only new customers are also hardcore types ... because i really doubt that there would be sufficient positive cashflow for KK to stay in business. So as KK closes their doors for good and shutsdown their servers ... the carebears will have the last laugh.

Spook

Drake6k
02-02-04, 23:16
I dont understand. WHY NOT USE YOUR LE CHIP!!! I leveled my new character with a LE. My friends and I used the buddy list like clan chat and it worked great.

KK needs to just tell everyone that its normal to leave your LE in and WE STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST TAKING IT OUT.

Clownst0pper
02-02-04, 23:17
Every time the arguements you guys use come up, I am baffled that you are argueing with me, you sound like you have never heard anything I have said.

Jack you only EVER post on PKing threads, get a life.

Marx
Jack, becoming a 'militant carebear' isn't the right way to handle the situation. The rules as they are now will never change, in fact, more rules are being added which would make your stance that much more difficult to hold.

I for one favor the stance of rolling with the punches. Sometimes you get killed, other times you don't; So be it. I purchased the game and started playing already knowing that. As long as people take dying seriously, and personally, the player base and forum base will always have trivial hostilities like this.

People need to start informing the new players that trickle in that dying is a common occurence. Hell, if it wasn't, poking wouldn't be a tradeskill and resurrection wouldn't be a PSI spell. What difference is there in dying by the hand of a mob or player? In both cases you are put at a disadvantage, yet most players bounce right back after dying to say a warbot. Why? Because they think the person who killed them did it purposely just to spite him or her; when the truth is, they would've killed anyone in a similar situation.

bah, now I'm babbling.

I think you missed my point. When BDoY ships a lot of new customers are going to be mighty surprised when they are confronted with the reality of PKers and the need to make the tough decision that I posed. Yes, some will indeed elect to just keep the LE in, and others will yank it out and join a clan early on accepting the risk. But I think a lot of them will decide to simply leave ... and that could be a very bad thing for the rest of us.

Well, last time I checked the new players which come in with BDoY will have alot more knowledge about the game than the current new players. Why? Better tutorials, better manuals, and a better new player orientation setup.

Anyway, you forget that alot of people who take up MMO's don't bother playing it through the free month. The secret to selling MMO's is to sell enough so as the right people will get hooked.

It will be really hilarious (in a dark humor sort of way) if the PKer's get what they are asking for ... all the carebears are driven away and the only new customers are also hardcore types ... because i really doubt that there would be sufficient positive cashflow for KK to stay in business. So as KK closes their doors for good and shutsdown their servers ... the carebears will have the last laugh.

The game was better before the 'carebear' rules started to come into play. Sure there were PKAR D00Ds, but its not like the servers were packed with them.

Note the active populations then and the active populations now. Mix that with my statement above of 'not everyone will play for a long period of time' and there ya' go.

Once again, you're blaming the players for a problem with the publisher. If there were advertisements and an active push to sell Neocron by CDV, we would have larger populations, and therefore by association a more diverse player group.

Diverse players? WTF is that?

Players who aren't sticking around solely for the PvP atmosphere.

Gotterdammerung
lets kick the usual rhetoric DOWN a few notches and keep the flames in check please

MegaCorp
02-02-04, 23:29
Hope you are right Marx, 'cause I am not comfortable playing the role of Prophet of Doom. But I do have a bad feeling about all of this. Doubtless a warm glass of milk and a good night's sleep would remedy that.

Or a beer with a shot of whiskey as a chaser ;)

Spook

Myrlin
02-02-04, 23:30
My biggest problem is with PKers that are clanned. I hate getting ganked by some PKer and being unable to retaliate because they belong to a huge clan that I could never stand up against.

If I have to leave a clan to wear an LE, there should be some way to force n00b gankers to leave a clan too.

Archeus
02-02-04, 23:32
Archeus,

I think you missed my point.

No I think your point is wrong IMHO.

Seriously, once you have played for a while you realise that death is cheap and there is nothing that can't be replaced/repaired/rebuilt.

Once you realise that the game becomes a lot less stressful and fun. The LE is intended to protect the new player until they realise this (and level to a point they feel comfy with).

The game is combat centric, non-PvP isn't.

Marx
02-02-04, 23:32
Hope you are right Marx, 'cause I am not comfortable playing the role of Prophet of Doom. But I do have a bad feeling about all of this. Doubtless a warm glass of milk and a good night's sleep would remedy that.

Or a beer with a shot of whiskey as a chaser ;)

Spook

All we can do is wait with baited breath.

Originally posted by Myrlin
My biggest problem is with PKers that are clanned. I hate getting ganked by some PKer and being unable to retaliate because they belong to a huge clan that I could never stand up against.

If I have to leave a clan to wear an LE, there should be some way to force n00b gankers to leave a clan too.

There are certain clans which allow this, and revolve around PvP and PKing. However, alot of clans don't. Next time it happens try looking at claninfo on a terminal and sending a mail or DM to a clan figurehead.

Alot of times, the figurehead will do the politic thing and tell the person to cut it out.

Originally posted by Archeus
Seriously, once you have played for a while you realise that death is cheap and there is nothing that can't be replaced/repaired/rebuilt.

Once you realise that the game becomes a lot less stressful and fun. The LE is intended to protect the new player until they realise this (and level to a point they feel comfy with).

The game is combat centric, non-PvP isn't.

Exactly.

Myrlin
02-02-04, 23:42
Marx it becomes more complicated because I am in a clan. Now when I get ganked I can't complain to the head of the gankers clan because I risk starting a war between our clans. If I know for a fact that my clan can't stand up to the gankers clan then I'm pretty much doomed eh?

Marx
02-02-04, 23:43
Marx it becomes more complicated because I am in a clan. Now when I get ganked I can't complain to the head of the gankers clan because I risk starting a war between our clans. If I know for a fact that my clan can't stand up to the gankers clan then I'm pretty much doomed eh?

If your clan isn't protecting you, that's pretty shite.

If you trying to be peaceful with the other clan starts a war, that's pretty shite; especially since killing you would be a war rallying action in my book.

Psycho Killa
02-02-04, 23:44
A) Help make your clan stronger

B) Join a stronger clan

If you chose to stick with your clan because they are your friends I dont blame you but in an every man for themselves society you have noone but yourself to blaim for not making yourself as secure and powerful as possible.

Myrlin
02-02-04, 23:49
Originally posted by Marx
If your clan isn't protecting you, that's pretty shite.

The clan is protecting me, but it seems to be futile when one of the smaller clans on the server can't possibly stand up to the bigger (monk heavier) clans.

Marx
02-02-04, 23:51
The clan is protecting me, but it seems to be futile when one of the smaller clans on the server can't possibly stand up to the bigger (monk heavier) clans.

Tell me this, how is asking them to lay off an offense which could lead to war, if they're already killing you?

I mean, hell - not like you have anything to lose there, right?

Myrlin
02-02-04, 23:54
It's become an issue of clan politics. I'm not the leader of the clan so I can't really dictate the politics, just voice my opinion in the clan.

The big clans sign a NAP with an enemy clan and agree to only fight in PP1 and at Op wars. However, they are so large that they can't control all their members and "accidents" happen and lowbies get ganked. When the smaller of the two clans in the NAP cries "Foul" the bigger clan says that they are trying to control their members as best as possible and that they are sorry. And the cycle continues. The smaller clan can't do much more than that because the last thing they need is another enemy clan to KOS them since they already have 2 or 3 that KOS them all the time.

Strych9
03-02-04, 01:28
1. I have JackScratch on ignore, so sorry if I dont respond to whatever he has said.

2. As long as LEs are an option, people really cant complain too much.

3. As long as LEs are an option, people that like to PK everything that moves need to think about driving all of their prey to use the LE.

4. Stop bagging "non-PvP" as being bad in some way. Its funn how Archeus says
The game is combat centric, non-PvP isn't.right after he says
Seriously, once you have played for a while you realise that death is cheap and there is nothing that can't be replaced/repaired/rebuilt.(Bold added by me). So you realize death is cheap because of the ability TO DO NON-PVP SKILLS.

So please at least realize that PvP wouldnt happen without non-PvP actions (like hunting for rares, research, building, etc.)

ezza
03-02-04, 02:19
going on to the point up top about big clanned runners coming and killing you.

ok there already killing you right? so you may as well attack them on sight, i mean whats the worst they can do? kill you pfhh there already doing that anyway.

just become the biggest fucking annoyance to that clan you can be, you able to hack, hack a layer on there op then stealth off when they come, of it its just one guy gank the fucker and go.

you see one of them put them down no questions asked.

i used to have a small BD clan called Blood Dragons, basically consisted of 3 people me and 2 others who were inactive so it was just me really :lol: but i would attack all enemy clans regardless, sometimes id die, other times id slay the fuckers.

fight fire with fire you know.

hell i was fighting a clan that was proberly at its peak the biggest clan on any server, fuck it there enemy i fight them, i if a allie attacks me its the same, put them down and live with the SL.

anyway thats just my take and attitude to whats what you know

Rade
03-02-04, 02:22
All I want to add is that PvP roxxors, and if you dont think so, you
are wrong. No you dont have a different opinion than me, you are
WRONG mmkay?

Wether or not PvP is implemented well in NC or in any other
MMORPG is a different issue however.

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 02:25
Rade is always right!!!!!
BOW TO TEH RADEZ0R
*bows*
(i need some help setting up a tank on Pluto when my act is back up btw :p)

ezza
03-02-04, 02:26
Originally posted by SamuraiPizzaCat
BOW TO TEH RADEZ0R
*bows*
(i need some help setting up a tank on Pluto when my act is back up btw :p) pffhh what does a professional PE know about setting up tanks NOTHING I SAY NOTHING!!!!!!

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 02:28
pffhh what does a professional PE know about setting up tanks NOTHING I SAY NOTHING!!!!!!

Rade iz teh pwn rezist perzon tow tolk wif mmkay?
(and i need a free marine and whatever rares i can get outta him :angel: )

Rade
03-02-04, 02:39
BOW TO TEH RADEZ0R
*bows*
(i need some help setting up a tank on Pluto when my act is back up btw :p)

If only more people had that attitude this would be so much
easier :p

and just pm me and ill be there in a flash *pssssSSHOPpp*

Glok
03-02-04, 02:41
I'm gonna build you guys weapons to kill each other with and poke you after you die. Mwahahaha. :p

Seriously, I know PvP rocks, I've done it since beta. In beta, I fought crackheads, then in retail I was fighting SS (and you know how unrewarding that is...) Then I joined MAxT and fought crackheads again, then back to SS... now I'm trying something new. A pacifist tradeskiller. So shoot me. :rolleyes:

ezza
03-02-04, 02:42
Originally posted by Glok
now I'm trying something new. A pacifist tradeskiller. So shoot me. :rolleyes: only if you come out of plaza 1:p

Marx
03-02-04, 02:44
Originally posted by Glok
A pacifist tradeskiller. So shoot me. :rolleyes:

Isn't it so much fun?

All my dudes are following the same role until I get bored of it. Good way to make cash tho'.

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 02:46
oooh
if you go in the wastelands i can shoot you with a SH :p
hmm does pluto need another HC tank or MC tank ...

ezza
03-02-04, 02:49
oooh
if you go in the wastelands i can shoot you with a SH :p
hmm does pluto need another HC tank or MC tank ... want my opinion go heavy, though you may want teh daddy rade to veto this:p

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 02:54
DADDY !!! EZZA IS MAKIN FUN OF ME!!
*cry*
I had a HC tank on pluto for a while ezza so dun think im a
complete newbar when it comes to tanks ;)

ezza
03-02-04, 02:55
pfhh i bet all that no aim ppuing you do has made you soft

Rade
03-02-04, 03:01
melee tanks are fucking ubar in OP wars now, and good
everywhere else. Me and -=sirox=- has been cutting through
people like no tomorrow, him with the red big sausage and me
with BoH. Havent done the whole HC tank thing til death already?

SamuraiPizzaCat
03-02-04, 03:06
mmkay
anyone need melee rares on saturn ??
i need melee stuffs on pluto

trigger hurt
03-02-04, 05:07
Who is converting? I'm here recruiting, this is war, and the Pussycowards are going down, and this isn't one of those we will kill them wars, this is a war of atrition. Those of us against the pussycowards are going to make the game unplayable for those who are pussycowards.

Check your EULA. Anyone who makes the game unplayable to anyone else for any reason is bannable by the terms of the EULA. Just put your le in and go about your business, please.

JackScratch
03-02-04, 06:12
Originally posted by trigger hurt
Check your EULA. Anyone who makes the game unplayable to anyone else for any reason is bannable by the terms of the EULA. Just put your le in and go about your business, please.
1 - Maybe, but saying I'm going to isn't, we have a long way to go.

2 - A lot of things are banable ofences, but that is the one weapon the Mods seem to wield pretty lightly, they start covering that territory, I figure I wont have to do much anyway.

SypH
03-02-04, 08:30
I used to be a total carebear, until Vett indirectly influenced me to try out the other side of the fence, and was nice enough to offer a few tips. All my characters have LE's in. My APU can hunt warbots in peace to farm some rares, my researcher can hunt and research in peace, and my tank can stand around and be useless in peace (he's getting deleted anyways). I am currently working on a combat character along with an ingame friend and until we are ready to actually stand a chance in a fight, we are keeping our LE's in. Once we think we are combat ready, it's LE's out and PK time. If I die, then I die. Be it in combat, or some sneaky bastard getting me, I will have to accept that, because once I remove my LE I am saying to every PKer/PvPer I am a target, please shoot me.

One thing about VetteroX is, that he has said time and time again he is out to kill. And he does that, as I've witnessed myself, he attacks pretty much anyone! In its own way this is his way of roleplaying (inadvertantly as it is perhaps). He's playing a nutball who just likes killing people. He's a thug, a Black Dragon thug. And to be perfectly honest it was getting PKed by the likes of Vett (although I havent actually been killed by him before) that made me want to try out a combat character, designed purely for PvP/PK. Course it'll take alot of time in Neofrag to learn how to PvP effectively and alot of lomming to get a skill setup I'm happy with, and god knows I'll die alot, but once my LE is out thats the price I'll have to pay, but I'm cool with that.

The LE is there to protect you. You take it out and its your fault if you die.

Jake Cutter
03-02-04, 09:18
You know, this whole "PK vs. Carebear" argument has gotten really out of hand.

Originally posted by VetteroX:
Hey Vet, why don't YOU leave the players alone who don't want to fight with you, or at least give them a chance? It must make you feel like a real man to gun down someone who has no realistic chance of fighting back. There are plenty of people out there to give you a fair fight...but then again, where's the fun in that? :rolleyes:

I am by no means a carebear. Neocron is a dangerous place and we're not there to hold hands and sing "kumbaya".

But I am tired of "carebear" being thrown around like some sort of epithet.

And then there's the "post-apocalyptic future" excuse. People need to stop using that as an excuse to be assholes. It is a post-apocalyptic future...with a civilized society. And societies have rules to govern conduct. Roleplaying a criminal? Then don't bitch when the law comes knocking.

Hunting parties and bounties for pk'ers? Great idea, if there were enough of a player base to make it viable. Right now there doesn't seem to be.

And hopefully BDoY will fix that. I just hope that the introduction that new players will get will be much more specific on what the LE is for....since it seems that the LE is the only thing stopping some people from indiscriminately killing others. It seems that honor is largely dead in this "post-apocalyptic future", and apparently IRL as well.

--Jake Cutter
------------------
"Zathras have sad life. Probably have sad death, too. At least, there is symmetry."

JackScratch
03-02-04, 09:59
Glad to have you aboard Cutter, but sadly you are wasteing your breath. Pussycowards don't seem to understand we are each judged by our actions, all actions, in game or out. They don't understand that behaveing like a dick pretty much makes you a dick, it's not special just because you are only a dick in game, you are actualy a dick. Well, they don't get that,in fact they aren't going to, but take heart, we carebears are working on a different message now, "Pussycowards go home"

(to verify, because I'm not certain who knows, the term "pussycoward" has been adopted to refer to the random/faction PKers, in the future always refer to them useing this term.)

Original monk
03-02-04, 10:57
for me a carebear is someone on the forum that constantly whines to nerf monks ...

those are the real pussy's :)

Archeus
03-02-04, 11:05
Stop bagging "non-PvP" as being bad in some way. Its funn how Archeus saysright after he says(Bold added by me). So you realize death is cheap because of the ability TO DO NON-PVP SKILLS.

For all the l33t traders out there, I am probably one of the few people who choose to do my tradeskills in a hostile area (Tech Haven/Ops).

I can tell you now, it is quite viable. Sure I get attacked and sometimes die. I replace my stuff or I call for help and people I do business with sort them out for me.

I don't cry about getting attacked.

So please at least realize that PvP wouldnt happen without non-PvP actions (like hunting for rares, research, building, etc.)

Exactly, which is why you get PvP people to protect your tradeskillers (either your own clan or faction). Seriously, we already do this in TH, and when the safe zones go the city is going to have to do it too.