PDA

View Full Version : [idea] projectile/energy weapons

Comie
01-02-04, 15:47
well the general idea is to give pistols and rifles (maybe heavy weapons but i dunno) the ability to pistol (or rifle) whip someone.

either cos' yur out of ammo in the middle of a fight, or yu just feel like taking that bit longer taking down yur hated enemies (while still retaining some style.

just picture it

*nice sunny day in the wastelands, the radiation is at a barable maximum, the dragonflys are eating the local newbie.

Running thru the jeriko sector yu see movement up a head. Yu put yur rectile over the shape in the distant, and lo its an enemy faction... better yet its one of yur more hated adversaries.

Jumping into stealth yu head towards him, as he enters jeriko OP.

closing the distance between yu and him yu begin to lvl yur pistol/rifle towards his head.

in a flash on inspiration yu think 'im not gunna waist my ammo on this bitch'. Spinning yur weapon, yu close the final distance and batter yur enemy around the head with the butt of yur weapon.

watching his lifeless body drop to the floor, yu wipe the brains of the butt of yur weapon. turning around, yu look towards an imagnary camera nod and say
'oh yea, i am the shizznit'

Benjie
01-02-04, 15:51
Been playing Halo have yer?

I have to say no. Because Neocron is skill based If it was implamented it would have to be crap, unless kk add a Pistol Whipp skill, and thats just fucking stupid. You could put it in melee but then that would make it biast to certain classes.

So I don't see it really working or being worth the hassle tbh.

*[Edit]*

By the way you describe it, it would be frikking annoying. Sure doing it would be fun, but imagine your just hanging around and suddenly..... *Thwack!!*
"You have been pistol Whipped. To select a Gen Rep press F-Blah."

:(

Comie
01-02-04, 15:54
Originally posted by Benjie
Been playing Halo have yer?.
actually mate i havent... i just keep looking at this terminator i got and some of those pistols and thinking.. 'hmmm the butt of this weapon would really hurt!'

EDIT: reply to edit above

yea yur right the way it was described was a bit 1 hit kill, but not what i ment, i only told it in a story way.. it doesnt fit in the story if its
'whack whack whack whack parashock slow down whack whack whack- yu are dead'

i was more after the idea than the effect

OpTi
01-02-04, 17:10
why not let it give a little drug intox afterall you just been twatted round the head with the butt of a gun your gonna stagger a little at least

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 17:15
No..

Just make it simple. Put in like a alternate fire key so you can just (melee-range) hit someone with the butt of your weapon for like, brass knuckle damage.

As I said, keep it simple.

Comie
01-02-04, 18:49
Originally posted by Heavyporker
No..

Just make it simple. Put in like a alternate fire key so you can just (melee-range) hit someone with the butt of your weapon for like, brass knuckle damage.

As I said, keep it simple.

exactly, its more of a kudos thing.. bind it to H for example and yu press h = the pistol in yur had gets spun around and then yu can whack away