PDA

View Full Version : L-tech Rare imps vs. MC5 Rare imps

mdares
01-02-04, 03:47
Psi Core vs. DS; Marine vs. Herc; SF vs. SA; SS vs. Hawkins

in all of thoes the MC5 is just a split image of the former. Only difference being that the main skill emphasized by that imp is higher; ie DS gives +6 psi instead of 5 like core; herc gives +6 str instead of 5 like marine.

Now:

Special rigger vs. Rigger's Dream

the special rigger was set similar to the other normal imps: that is: +10 wpw/rcl, +6 trans, +5 int/dex

now look at the mc5: +15 wpw/rcl, +8 trans, +6 dex +5 int

Notice that the MC5 becuase it is a MUCH rarer imp, gives MUCH more bonus than the L-tech rare imp.

I think ALL the L-tech Rare imps and their MC5 counterparts should be related in teh same way; that is the MC5 gives bonuses (not only main skill lvl bonus but other combat bonuses as well) higher than that of its lower TL imp.

Just my issue.

Mumblyfish
01-02-04, 03:51
Yeah, the Dream is fan-fucking-tastic :D

But that's needed because droners are a real nightmare for capping their weapons. I think the other implants are pretty even, although I think the Hercules needs a slight defense boost.

athon
01-02-04, 03:52
No, because the MC5 chips aren't supposed to give major advantages to those who have them. ATM IMO they are perfect. They are an added bonus if you have them, but not essential to have to win in pvp.

Athon Solo

Cyphor
01-02-04, 04:12
I see the point that droners need the boost but imo the stats shouldnt be that high, especially compared to the riggers int, it creates a larger gap in combat effectiveness of those lucky enough to have a rigger dream and those not able to. Its bad enough mc5 is impossible for a droner so they cant do it themselves, but then they have to pay rediculously inflated prices due to droners being the flavour of the month. This combined with the fact most people are only willing to trade mc5 for mc5 makes geting one very difficult, so the few who can get them have a huge advantage over those who cant, imo it should be almost the same stats as the riggers int to lessen the gap or they should make the riggers dream parts obtainable from somewhere other than the commander room in mc5. Im not saying that you shouldnt get a good boost with a mc5 chip as they are rare and should be worth having but atm they are too good.

edit: oh and to answer the question no i dont think other mc5s should be boosted i think the dream should be nerfed :p

Judge
01-02-04, 04:27
Originally posted by athon
No, because the MC5 chips aren't supposed to give major advantages to those who have them. ATM IMO they are perfect. They are an added bonus if you have them, but not essential to have to win in pvp.

Athon Solo

Agreed completely. The point of MC5s is that they are good because they basically give you the oppourtunity to put in two of what is basically the best implant for each class.

Mumblyfish
01-02-04, 04:28
Meh, if you have the rarest equipment you should have the best chance of winning, skill notwithstanding.

ZoneVortex
01-02-04, 04:42
Originally posted by athon

Athon Solo

agreed totally