PDA

View Full Version : Dont mean to argue with mods but...

L0KI
01-02-04, 03:34
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89383

This thread was closed.... why?

I dont see how this is spam. He was bored, so he spent time designing a PA skin. AT LEAST move it to another forum. Calling it spam is a little unfair.

Sorry i brought this up in a new thread, but I was about to comment on how I thought it was a VERY good design, and he should perhaps stick it in the brain port.

Maybe you didnt let the picture load up?

Whatever, but it's a more than valid thread imo

Edit...
/me realises that this has probably just given me a forum ban :(

Shadow Dancer
01-02-04, 03:36
Yes I didn't see it as spam either.

Psyco Groupie
01-02-04, 03:37
the mods are never wrong, unless someone from KK publically says they were

nonamebrandeggs
01-02-04, 03:39
My thoughts exactly...

Dade Murphey
01-02-04, 03:40
I dunno...I thought it looked pretty good...could have atleast been moved to the modification forum or something...but I don't really think it was spam just because the dude was bored

Mumblyfish
01-02-04, 03:41
"Hey, I'm bored, here's a cure for cancer I knocked up in my spare time!"

KTHXLOCKED

FirestarXL
01-02-04, 03:45
The best thing to do in this circumstance is to PM the mod who closed it and explain why the thread is not spam in your opinion. If they agree, they can re open it, if they don't, well you've lost nothing anyway.

L0KI
01-02-04, 03:49
Originally posted by FirestarXL
The best thing to do in this circumstance is to PM the mod who closed it and explain why the thread is not spam in your opinion. If they agree, they can re open it, if they don't, well you've lost nothing anyway.

Too late now tho isnt it?

I posted simply because i spent an age writing a reply to the original post, only to have had it locked as i pressed the "submit reply" button - my browser is borked and doesnt let me go back properly.

I guess I'll know for next time anyways :(

sw1tch
01-02-04, 04:07
I'm sure it would have been easily reopened if you sent a quick PM to an online moderator saying that you would like to continue discusion on the colouring of the PA.

I doubt they would open it now tho.. threads about mods = baaad :p

L0KI
01-02-04, 04:17
Originally posted by sw1tch
I'm sure it would have been easily reopened if you sent a quick PM to an online moderator saying that you would like to continue discusion on the colouring of the PA.

I doubt they would open it now tho.. threads about mods = baaad :p

Read my last post.......

Judge
01-02-04, 04:26
I too was a little confused to say the least.

VetteroX
01-02-04, 04:29
tbh I think mods close threads too often but they close the wrong ones.... they close ones that have fun arguments going on, I wish they would close more of the pointless ones, like "hey heres a link to thoes eggs that like pie" If you like it... great, but enjoy it yourself we dont need to know... people who like it slready have it nd people who dont will keep saying wtf...

Arbiter
01-02-04, 04:48
Admin&Mods

Admin/Mod word is final. If you have a complaint you can email helpdesk@neocron.com, Odin@reakktor.com, or helpdesk@neocron.de for German.

Odin
01-02-04, 05:07
As stated many times if there is an issue about a post or mod then you pm myself or Nidhogg.

I actually saw that thread earlier when that pic wasn't loading so I could see why it was seen as spam. Pics back so it will be unlocked.

Gotterdammerung
01-02-04, 05:17
just to clarify, when i closed it originally it there was no pic, just the red x associated with a broken link.