PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Tanks

Saza
31-01-04, 21:08
Just been watching the film Snatch, and I thought, why doesnt Neocron have a unarmed "Tera Kasi" skill under strength? You could buy different colour boxing gloves that have different powers, e.g gut shot, head shot, fast shots, so on and so forth. It would be so uber to have tanks running around mashing peoples faces up with their fists, insteada the crappy punch we have now.

sw1tch
31-01-04, 21:11
i remeber in beta when punch used to be so powerful with lots of melee, heh that was funny

Lathuc
31-01-04, 21:13
well maybe not boxing gloves since they are normally used to reduce the damage the punch does so maybe like some new glove

sw1tch
31-01-04, 21:17
rare brassknucles with soime cool mods :p

Beanie McChimp
31-01-04, 22:09
NINJA skill with throwing stars n shit.

Moofausa
31-01-04, 22:12
omfg ninja stars - great idea ... rare brassknuckles a also good idea !! gj guys (I have a melee tank bring those bitches into the game ^^)

retr0n
31-01-04, 22:13
Originally posted by sw1tch
i remeber in beta when punch used to be so powerful with lots of melee, heh that was funny

Insta Kill :D
Those were the days

Benjie
31-01-04, 22:18
It would be good if they implamented a more oriental combat skill under dex. Unarmed Combat, and Ninja Stars and Samuri Swords could be under it.

Something Like Karate. Melee could be a modifier, but not required.

SamuraiPizzaCat
31-01-04, 22:19
yah rare throwing weapons that u can BP (works like drones)
like poison daggers/darts (throw them like grenades so you have to reload ur QB)
like throw one, then while the poison effect kicks in, rush in with PoB / DG

ezza
31-01-04, 22:24
Originally posted by Saza
Just been watching the film Snatch, and I thought, why doesnt Neocron have a unarmed "Tera Kasi" skill under strength? You could buy different colour boxing gloves that have different powers, e.g gut shot, head shot, fast shots, so on and so forth. It would be so uber to have tanks running around mashing peoples faces up with their fists, insteada the crappy punch we have now. tanks dont have unarmed skill under strength cos most tanks are heavy so cant afford any points init, that leaves melee, instead of making a new strenght subskill just rename melee to close quarters or something

Saza
31-01-04, 22:26
Great ideas guys :D . Im all for the darts and throwing stars. Maybe you can also throw knives too, bury a Vein Ripper in a monks hood :D. While were at it lets add a new emoticon, when u say "bring it", it makes ure char do a Morpheus style "Come get it". And when you type in "Rock" you start playing an air guitar. And "bitch" makes you slap an imaginary ass and makes a "fwuh-tish" noise.

•Super|\|ova•
31-01-04, 22:28
Well, the idea is good but when you got into the specifics it sucks ass (sorry :p ). So, here's much better option:

New subclass for tanks (if not even a whole new class like Ninja or Assasin or what ever). Their primary skill is martial arts which includes many moves like for example sweeping for getting the enemy down for few seconds (when enemy is down in the groung he can't do anything until he's up again) and arm locks to engage the enemy, maybe even making the enemy lose hitpoints VERY slowly. However, when the enemy is engaged so is the attacker also.

The duration of the arm locks and such would be dynamic... related to the STR lvl of the victim.

The weapons would be really simple. A wire or a rope or such to strangle people with from behind. The martial artist would be able to twist necks for example. Yes, just snap. Like that. I know you think that "1 attack kill would be stupid". Well, it kind of is. But on the other hand the martial artist would be forced to be full melee and gimped by the CON setup... just to not make it too uber. By that I mean like 1 full burst of CS would kill the bastard even if he's/she's capped.

So at this point it seems that this solution would be better to make it in it's own class. Well, I know... there's probably alot of things that suck on my idea but hey, I just watched my fingers type you know :) so maybe we will get this idea work together after all.

IDEAS PEOPLE! IDEAS!

Oh, and on Friday on TS I said that what NC needs is more subclasses or even classes. One can play them all there and back so quickly as they are now.

Lethys
01-02-04, 00:09
Perhaps when Tokyo II is added ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) there could be Samurais, Ninjas, Karate etc.

Ascension
01-02-04, 00:19
Originally posted by Lethys
Perhaps when Tokyo II is added ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) there could be Samurais, Ninjas, Karate etc.

Lets get DoY here 1st :lol:

Omnituens
01-02-04, 00:28
I want a DEX based Katana sword

:(