PDA

View Full Version : Neocron: Beyond Dome of York Plan File

Pages : [1] 2

Thanatos
31-01-04, 19:07
Enjoy the plan file (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)

Stigmata
31-01-04, 19:08
sweet

edit/ first :D

Ivory
bah beat me to it

Mumblyfish
YES!

J. Folsom
31-01-04, 19:09
*Points and laughs at everyone saying the List was never coming*

I'll actually comment on it later. :p

Kasumi
YAy!! Dome of York looks to be REALLY good! Oh my gosh!! Nice job reakktor! :D

"A completely new character creation system will allow a much more individual character customization. You can finally create a fitting avatar by choosing from a series of heads, haircuts, beards, cloth etc.

After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine."

"The player apartments can finally be arranged individually, so you will not only be able to choose from different apartment types, but you can arrange them with furniture according to your tastes and bank account. Besides the existing furniture there will be over 100 new items from different style sets that can be bought to redesign your apartment.

In addition to completely furnished apartments (for beginners), you will be able to buy empty apartments that you may furnish from scratch. "

These two things have me excited the most though! YAY!! You can finally Roleplay in neocron and not always have 50 other twins of yourself! :P

""Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" will be released in three languages (english, german and french) during the second Quarter 2004. Additional details about price and availability will be announced during the next months. Preorders will be available exclusively on Neocron.com starting March 15 2004"

Boo!!! This made me want to cry though! Oh well I guess I can live with an english version of Neocron still! :(((

Nexxy
omg no lies, shock horror

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 19:11
guess I'm not leaving the game after all, they actually released this on time!

El_MUERkO
31-01-04, 19:11
YAY!!!!

Wisdom of ceres!!!!

ub3r ENGINE!!!!

TOTAL BRAIN FART!!

!

Dribble Joy
31-01-04, 19:12
SEX

The 3D-rendering of the "Tekktonic - Virtual Worlds Engine" is getting a major overhaul to take advantage of today's 3D hardware generation's features. Thanks to an upgrade to Direct X 9, the engine will support the nowadays common features like higher texture resolutions, higher polygon counts, and several new shading technologies. This will raise the overall quality of the graphics by quite a bit (real-time bump-mapping, realistic lighting and shadows, photorealistic water etc.). As the 3D graphics cards will be responsible for the majority of the rendering process, the CPU will be considerably relieved compared to the current situation. So the update will even improve the performance in addition to the better graphics.

:eek:

Original monk
31-01-04, 19:15
OW MY GOD

im fainting again

GG, GJ KK

OK: PLAYER TRADERS : checked
WOC skill : checked
appartments: checked
new epics: checked
gliders and bombers: checked
hacknet: checked
GFX: checked

daamn this is to good to be true, better bring it in soon

+ give us some more detailed info please

edit: strippers : checked

J. Folsom
31-01-04, 19:16
It all sounds funkay.

A completely new character creation system will allow a much more individual character customization. You can finally create a fitting avatar by choosing from a series of heads, haircuts, beards, cloth etc.

After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine.
Whoo!
Will that be free the first time you log in with a character which was created before the expansion?

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.I should start with that capped just because I rock. :p
Anyway, it's an incentive for me to finally cap a character I suppose.

Psyco Groupie
31-01-04, 19:16
The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills

PERFECT

w00t

sw1tch
31-01-04, 19:17
expect this thread to EXPLODE!

good work KK, looks like you have been well busy :)

Nidhogg
Oh yea of little faith. ;)

N

Possessed
I blew my load!!!!

sexy

L0KI
Nice job MJS - Looks fucking fantastic.

Me thinks your "dream" will finally come to life.

Keiron
They posted it!?!
I'm off to re-activate my account. Damn you KK and you're Neo-crack!

Rieper
i dont fucking believe it.. thats awesome. i just hope i get to play before my gap year :)

Trillian
WHEEEEE! OMG, it looks awesome!! Thanks KK! :)

Balthasar
31-01-04, 19:18
1.9 New Player Character Models

oh my god, thank you so much :)

Pith
pleasure

Xizor
OMFG NICE

Q2 04 is not good though, was hoping for Q1 :(

Tratos
FUCKING YES

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

-EYE TWITCHES-

OMFG OMFG OMFG

KK I LOVE YOU

<3

~T

Dribble Joy
31-01-04, 19:20
The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

JIZZLE STICKS!!!!

garyu69
One word:

SEX!

QuantumDelta
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................
Me happy.
5 Months 'til DoY :p

Thank you gents ;)

Furion
31-01-04, 19:21
AWESOME!!
but lets hope all of this stuff actually gets ingame, and doesnt end up like a good idea *coughbalanceofpowercough*

kurai
31-01-04, 19:22
lol

"As a result, all strippers in the game will be replaced by higher detail models with complex motion-capturing animations"

Who is the lucky KK coder who gets a "business trip" to Hamburg Reeperbahn with a video camera then ? :D

Ivory
31-01-04, 19:23
After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine.

right i need to copyright my WHITE PA (c)

Agent L
"Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" will be released [...] during the second Quarter 2004.
: (
FIVE MONTHS !!

.Cyl0n
SEX

sw1tch
As a result, all strippers in the game will be replaced by higher detail models with complex motion-capturing animations.

"motion-capturing animations", heh just a ploy to make the KK offices a little..more exciting :p

Ran
And I remember teasing CoDi about motion capture for the strippers back in beta... seems I was just ahead of my time :D

mr murb
As a result, all strippers in the game will be replaced by higher detail models with complex motion-capturing animations. This is also true for the peep-shows, bar dancers etc.

was this some kind of pick up device for kk?
would you like to come back to the office we need to motion capture you while you strip.

no we didn't get that right.
you will have to strip again.

now I know where my money goes.

Tycho C
THIS IS FUCKING SWEET!!

but...

Will this mearly be a repeat of the PREVIOUS plan files ? What I want to know is : IS THIS ALL ALREADY DONE ?? Or is it " To be done shortly after " crap ?

Candaman
31-01-04, 19:24
u know i think DoY is a hoax cough

lmao u can now eat ur shoe's while i whack off to this list.

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 19:25
Originally posted by Tycho C
THIS IS FUCKING SWEET!!

but...

Will this mearly be a repeat of the PREVIOUS plan files ? What I want to know is : IS THIS ALL ALREADY DONE ?? Or is it " To be done shortly after " crap ? Bit of both I would expect.

thinking about it, they're probably finalising a lot of stuff already...

Sovellis
YOU SEXY BEASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOY features list > nexx

DOY features list > alex

DOY features list > pete

but 2nd quarter means at latest june, thats so long away, ill have done my exams by then.

Possessed
Actually it can be released anytime between March and June... I'm hoping for the end of March / early April :) :) :)

Candaman
31-01-04, 19:26
Originally posted by kurai
lol

"As a result, all strippers in the game will be replaced by higher detail models with complex motion-capturing animations"

Who is the lucky KK coder who gets a "business trip" to Hamburg Reeperbahn with a video camera then ? :D

i volunteer

Maester Seymour
31-01-04, 19:27
YAY :D

Every bit of that sounds fuckin great.

Nice job KK :D :D

I can't wait!... these next months are gonna feel like forever with wanting it so bad :p

Disturbed021
31-01-04, 19:27
8| OMG! Me likes all!
Now that you posted the plan file get back to work and release it ASAP!:D :p

Lethys
31-01-04, 19:28
Probably a good thing that it's being released in 5 or so months.

If it was released earlier i'd probably fail my exams :p

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 19:28
*runs off to post it on the SSC forums before MS does*

Drake6k
31-01-04, 19:32
*EXPLODES*

NS_CHROME54
31-01-04, 19:33
ok this definitely gets my seal of SEX!!!

boneybob
31-01-04, 19:35
I am about ready to KILLLL for NC:BDOY, it looks and sounds amaiZing......

im realy looking forward to the extension of NC already classic game play, 1 more thing....

GET THE ADVERISING DONE RIGHT :p :D

otherwise occupants of this brilliant VR world are going to appear even more sparse than before8|

BB

Psycho Killa
I like!

Aww ivory beat me I wanted to copyright with clothes for my ppu :(

Moofausa
well then wow this is real fucking great for all the times they say its coming out by the end of the month coming out by feb 2003 why wasnt it out... when this 5 months come their going to push it back even more... if it isnt coming out just fucking tell us and not put up our hopes ffs... ive just forgot about it... fuck DoY .. you can really believe its coming until it comes cuz ive heard lie after lie pushing it back and back... hmm ?? bring DoY out and more ppl start playing ffs.. how about you fucking bring it out...obviously youve had it since 'last feburary of 2003'... ggn

Possessed
31-01-04, 19:36
Anyword on who the publisher is?

Siygess
31-01-04, 19:36
Now THAT is a serious expansion pack!

Good job KK - I'm particularly looking forward to the enhanced character customisation :D~~

Opar
31-01-04, 19:37
We love you KK, we do
We love you KK, we do
We love you KK, we do
OOOOOH KK we love YOU!

Now lets hope all this new shit will put Neocron on the map :D

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 19:38
LMFAO @ Opar's sig LOL
Fuck me that was fast.

YoDa-UK
31-01-04, 19:38
Ok here is my take on it all, ill try not to be negative lol

3D Engine

About time the game was brought up to todays standards, i pray its not all like those pics we saw though.

increase the game world by approximately 40 new maps, locations and dungeons. That makes Dome of York about the same size as Neocron City.

Ok for me this sounds like a zoneline at the gates we already have right into the DOY city, is this the case? if so i was hoping for more in the way of a 2nd type wastelands to explore going through those gates and finding the DOY city further away on the other side, if all we got is the same wastelands map we got now, well thats not so good.

The current faction system is being revised. Right now the clan's interests usually come first and then the faction's interests. After the release of NC:BDOY, the main focus will shift towards the conflict between the two empires Dome of York and Neocron. The revised faction sympathy system will reflect that.

Ok so we knew that this was coming, the city was being split up into two ways, and its good that more faction goals would be added instead of just playing the game for your clan.

Cyberspace and HackNet

Always a winner ;)

NPC Vendors for Players

About bloody time, this is just bringing NC up todate with other mmo's imho :o

New Epic Runs

Lets hope they are not as boring as the current ones have been todo, more story rich content from them is good.

The introduction of newcomers to the game will be completely redesigned. After creating a character, you will be taken through a (skippable) tutorial. The tutorial explains all of the game's important functions and introduces you to the world of Neocron. At the end of the tutorial, the character is taken prisoner by Copbots and, after being brainwashed, wakes up in Area MC5.

This is fantastic move towards getting and keeping new players, MC5 as we know it doesn't help enough but this move will surely help people and i see this keeping people at least self taught from it, of course you can never learn enough from the community.

New Mobs and Creatures

About time, lets hope its more than just a few silly mobs but some real cracking hard mobs that only a large force or maybe a clan bassed mission can do, REAL BOSS type mobs, nothing anyone can solo.

More Sex

What can i say?

As a result, all strippers in the game will be replaced by higher detail models with complex motion-capturing animations. This is also true for the peep-shows, bar dancers etc.

:eek: :cool: :lol: :wtf: :p :p ;)

:D

The start menu, including character generation, will be revised. Additionally the in-game user interface will be completely rebuilt and graphically enhanced. This will not only be based on aesthetics, but also ergonomic considerations.

Hmm yeah the standard one is pretty basic, lets hopew we get large quickbelts and such, also a nice choice of colours for the HUD, stuff like that.

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

So is this all there is for capped players? there was no mention about any change in outpost fights or PP crappy fights where everyone zones and such, if all we got is MORE lvling to look forward to just to get some uber weapon or tool "a TL 150 imp or new CS or a TL 200 Cst tool?" then well thats not enough for me, I saw no changes to the outpost system which is what i wanted more than anything to make me want to fight over then again.

second Quarter 2004.

April may june time for release then.

Oh well for me there is some nice things in that, but i was hoping for a damn sight more, yes im complaining, damn right i am, i've played and paid for this game for over a year now on muliple accounts, and so have most of my m8's on here, and this just doesn't do enough for me, I was hoping for a major change in the outpost system for fighting, some majoy high end content for capped players instead of just more lvling, granted i don't know all teh details about obtaining these "artifacts" for the WoC skills, but im sure its not even going to be a epic sized quest, within a few months everyone will have them no doubt.

Also where is the mention about faction only weapons and such? you can't mean just the epics? as everyone has access to them in the end, there should have been faction based weapons that can only be used by those in that faction.

Tbh i was hoping for more, enough to at least hold me to neocron for another year maybe :(

Tbh with the state of other mmo's out there today and what will be out this summer they will surpass NC no matter what people say, I can't see many people buying this game like we did a year or so ago and sticking with it a year when other games will be out by then that will be better and more fun to play after a few weeks lvling.

Sorry if i was negative, i waited and read the list like i said i was going to, my accounts will run out and i shall not renew them, such a shame, NC was my home for so long, made many friends here too.

Inchenzo
31-01-04, 19:39
Holy fuck, this just ain't funny , that's how good this sounds.. O_o

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 19:39
OH MY GOD, THAT WAS THE MOST INCREDIBLE..........*EXPLODES*

ASDASDASDAS

1.17 Wisdom of Ceres Skills

OMFG SEX SEX SEX

About the wisdom of ceres discs. I hope you guys fix monk int gain before this comes out. Come on. :angel:

size=39438294273943297 OMFG OLLOLOLOLOLO SEX

paolo escobar
31-01-04, 19:40
omg, and i thought u were gonna miss a few things out. but u got it all crammed in, nice one, nc is never gonna be the same again. No other MPORG is even slightly as good as BDoY is gonna me, respect, one one.

Leebzie
31-01-04, 19:41
*BOOOOOOOM*

:D :D :D :D :D :D

YAY <3 KK

NC is already ubar... but this.

Welcome to Neocron : Beyond Dome of York. The worlds best MMORPG.

Zanathos
31-01-04, 19:41
No offense but I wasnt amazed by that list.

I wasnt expecting a plan file, I was expecting a list of things that will be in neocron, kind of like patch notes.

Some of it you have already told us, others you havent, to those other things, I wasnt blown away by it.

I guess for some this plan file is a big thing, for me its nothing amazing.

I am also very disapointed that the expected release date of febuary is no longer true.

If I am correct, ReaKKtor said that the expansion was to be released a month after this list.

Great, now I gotta wait longer (march to june for the expansion)

The REAL list once the expansion is released better be more descriptive than this plan file.

Oh well, I'll still play Neocron and work on capping my characters.

Xian
31-01-04, 19:42
Wow.

If you keep to your word, KK, you'll show off that potential that everyone says Neocron has but hasn't shown to the full yet.

(By the way, my head almost exploded in excitement reading all that).

shodanjr_gr
31-01-04, 19:42
Holy crap, i can only say one thing:

SEX

KuifJe
31-01-04, 19:43
vewy VEWY nice indeed

1 tiny lil' prob tho, will you be able to play NC WITHOUT the expansion??

Or will people have to buy it to be able to keep playing NC?

Maester Seymour
31-01-04, 19:44
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
*runs off to post it on the SSC forums before MS does*

lol :D u beat me to it :p

OMG...I'm gonna have sleepless nights for weeks now ^^ :eek:

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 19:44
Originally posted by Maester Seymour
lol :D u beat me to it :p

OMG...I'm gonna have sleepless nights for weeks now ^^ :eek: I r teh fastest forum whore in the west :p

edit;
FYI to peeps the reason I wasn't first reply was because there was an arsing power cut here :p

Bengalmin
31-01-04, 19:45
Yes, looks like BETA 5 is nearly over and we finally get the finished game ;)

All looks very nice and will hopefully make things very political. I like that factions will play a much bigger role other than who you are red to

One thing I hope doesn't happen is that it just goes to a fight between Neocron and DoY with individual factions meaning nothing

Now "The List" is out I guess we are counting the days till pre order

44 days and counting.....

Ivory
31-01-04, 19:46
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
I like!

Aww ivory beat me I wanted to copyright with clothes for my ppu :(

dun worry put the letter "PK" on the back of ur cloack in blood red then u'll see the noobs running faster than before lol.

Lathuc
31-01-04, 19:47
omg gliders omg

here i come spy class

veers
31-01-04, 19:47
To be honest - there doesn't seem to be that much here.

The Ceres extra levelling seems to be something that gives capped players something to do - but again the XP seems to only come through killing the same mobs as have been in NC for the last 12 months and a 2 hour epic at the end.

Don't get me wrong - many of the changes help bring it in line with other MMOs but at the end of the day what has changed?

The average NC day will still be :-

log on

get XP for the ceres weapons fighting the same mobs we have always fought
Get a ninja hack message on an op
Fight - team with most PPUs wins
No advantage except a few quid for clan if you win the op
Listen to the bullshit from enemy.
Go back to stage 1

Why can't some kind of story be introduced into Neocron - all the other MMOs are moving in that direction - and I dont mean a shitty epic mission.

On a positive note the constructors selling on vendors (SWG style) should help tradeskillers.
Grafics should be better too - although the pictures released of the new plaza (slightly better gfx and buildings taller) weren't owt to write home about.

Should be interesting to see what the population numbers are like on the servers.

And finally - the release date is blatantly a piss-take

Sorry to sound so down about the game when so many others of you seem to think these notes are something special but frankly - I expected more.

Valkyrie
31-01-04, 19:48
omg....

MORE SEX!!!

Yesss!!

Oh and the other stuff too.

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 19:48
Originally posted by Bengalmin
Yes, looks like BETA 5 is nearly over and we finally get the finished game ;)

All looks very nice and will hopefully make things very political. I like that factions will play a much bigger role other than who you are red to

One thing I hope doesn't happen is that it just goes to a fight between Neocron and DoY with individual factions meaning nothing

Now "The List" is out I guess we are counting the days till pre order

44 days and counting.....
KK would not even be on the chart for the amount of gaming companies that've done that.

Want a real fuckers game that did this?
Command And Conquer Zero Hour.
The "Expansion" pack, which is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY UNBALANCED EVEN AFTER THE BIG BALANCE PATCH, and it's buggy, crashy, a resource hog, and a few other problems with it;
WAS MEANT TO BE THE ORIGINAL GAME.

Pissed me off.
Glad I only bought the exp pack and got the full game off a friend.
Companies like EA don't deserve my god damn cash.

edit;

Veers - SWG were FAR from the first MMORPG with Vendors selling Characters wares. ¬.¬

Radamez
31-01-04, 19:51
..... 'bout time :p

P.S. Looks fucking great :D

Moofausa
31-01-04, 19:51
All times they say its coming out.. it hasnt.. notice anything ?? hmm what else, oh the delays, lost count - if it isnt going to be ready why say it will be ? how can all you fools be lured into this ... seriosly have you not been waiting for DoY since the begining of retail ?

Zanathos
31-01-04, 19:52
I hear ya veers, I see nothing special about this list.

Its not mind bogling to me at all.

But I'll still play Neocron because I like this game and I've made friends (mostly over Team Speak)

If they dont release the expansion between april and june I will be sadly disapointed.

YoDa-UK
31-01-04, 19:53
Ah but you gotta admit in that plan file there is a lot that most other modern day moo's already have, they are putting in a expansion pack that made everyone hyped where only its just to bring the game up to todays standards.

You look at any MMO that has been released in the past few months or is going to be released this year and i don't think NC has a chance with that plan file to cope, there is not enough there to keep players let alone attract new ones from other top games.

Unless of course they got backing from someone like Sony will they get known

Psycho Killa
Have you not noticed its far more then just a few more zones now?

Its nearly everything everyone has asked for.

Customizable apartments

Increased graphics

Customizable characters.

Heavyporker
*drools*

oh wow...

I don't know what to say...

Sex?

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 19:54
Originally posted by Moofausa
All times they say its coming out.. it hasnt.. notice anything ?? hmm what else, oh the delays, lost count - if it isnt going to be ready why say it will be ? how can all you fools be lured into this ... seriosly have you not been waiting for DoY since the begining of retail ? I see what would be a valid oppinion if it were backed by knowledge.
Problem is, it's not, you might not have kept up with the events happening to KK which, in the end, were the major cause for DoY's suspension for a while.

edit;
PK - That's just the start of the good stuff too :D

Clownst0pper
*faints*

Zanathos
Well, Neocron is a very unique game, as far as I know and what I have experienced, there is nothing else quite like Neocron.

And I thought I should mention this.

I do know the kind of shit ReaKKtor has had to go through since retail.

at least these little tid bits to the RPG Vault are atracting some new players.

Be kind to the newbies.

Felissa
31-01-04, 19:56
Hmm, okay, new strippers... also male strippers? :angel:

I like it :) Hope it will be as announced or even better.

Kasumi
31-01-04, 19:56
I am very impressed with everything on the plan file, except one thing.. that was the fact it will only come in 3 different languages.. oh well can't expect it to ever come in more right? hehe Hopefully sometime in the future Reakktor creates asian version of Neocron. ^.^ I had a small bit of trouble getting Neocron the first time.. I hope I can get BDOY easier than Neocron!!!

Candaman
31-01-04, 19:57
currently i have found more stuff which has addicted me to NC even more DoY is a bonus and a big bonus @ that and i can't wait but it ain't gonna stop me enjoying the normal game atm!!!

Benjie
31-01-04, 19:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

ASDASDASDAS

Why are you saying ASDA?

Oh, and [size=555] o_O

Clownst0pper
31-01-04, 19:58
SO who is the new publisher KK? :confused:

Marx
Who's the publisher?

Moofausa
I'm not saying i don't like neocron... its just so boring all the time but so adicting , like someone said level fight bitch level basic things, I tried to play on other servers but now no one needs nething but mc5 parts and devourer parts... no money nothing cuz its so easy to make so much money - this is also why KK is losing so many ppl - but i still play the game cuz of my clan and shit but im still fucking bored out of my mind, ide rather watch fucking teletubies all day then sit in jankins UG ressing stileto bps to make 5 slotters... but just dont fucking lie if you say its coming out by feb and it isnt out - at this point you should be doing what the customer wants but to be honest i think doy is for KK and more money ... *logging off forums for stileto bps*

Lethys
31-01-04, 20:00
Perhaps SD is trying to tell us that Asda is the new publisher?

o_O

Danae
31-01-04, 20:00
Boy, I am sooo glad the information is out there so when people ask me about B:DoY I don't have to stay quiet anymore ;)

I hope this has got your mojo boiling and you are all looking forward to the next step in the evolution of Neocron :D

Zanathos
31-01-04, 20:02
Yeah as far as I knew BDoY was to be a febuary release.

Now its a Q2 release with pre orders on march 15.

:rolleyes:

Clyde
31-01-04, 20:03
Now, that list was tight as hell to read. Im loving the graphics inprovements, new char models with more custom shit, CIGERETTES! WoC skill, god damn thats tight, cant wait to hear the new weps and shit for it. Finnaly we get some new weather affects like snow and what not, cant wait to see it in action (is there also gonna be a better fog?).

More strippers? lol thats tight. and preorders march 15 so im guessin itll be out in april or june sometime which is a good marketing strat. It all looks good MJS and you put a massive ammount of faith back in alot of us.

Just wondering which publisher yall got now.

Jadin Eleazar
31-01-04, 20:03
New strippers?

Are Americans allowed to watch naked women? :rolleyes:
Or is it a privilege for old Europeans? :angel:

How about a naked-skin and stripper emotes ONLY for Tsunamis?

veers
31-01-04, 20:04
'Veers - SWG were FAR from the first MMORPG with Vendors selling Characters wares. ¬.¬'

I realise that but I forgot to add it would be nice if tradeskillers could level up when others used their tools/weapons like in SWG. I presume this has also occured in other games but I don't know if it is the case.

Perhaps I expected too much - NC has been a substantial part of my life over the last 12-18 months and when the servers were full I can't think of a better MMO for PvP/community balance.

The other thing is that this would be called a patch on another MMO - not retail expansion.

Heres hoping it blows me away - 44 days to wait I suppose (if it comes out on time :P)

Marx
31-01-04, 20:04
Originally posted by Zanathos

That's life.

*shrug*

I still want to know who the publisher is. Seeing as a good publisher can still make or break Neocron.

:eek:

FirestarXL
31-01-04, 20:10
Wow, it's looking good. I very much think I'll be around when we get to actually see this stuff in action.

Between now and then? That's a long time, I'm not going to make the mistake of thinking Q2 '04 means anything other than June 30th 2004.

Still, good to see the list, there's some great stuff in there.

ZoneVortex
31-01-04, 20:11
ga....g.aaa.....ggaaa *starts frothing and blood starts oozing out of my eyes*

ga....gggggggaaaaaaaaa

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D :D :D :D :D

Ahhhh sounds so goooooooooooood!

Faith renewed in KK good job getting it out on time, you know, i love you guys. *sits down and gets a weird smile*. Yeah, I love you. Here, c'mere. Sit down, on my lap. I love you. :D

Oryx
31-01-04, 20:16
Very nice KK, Although I had to cancell my 2 accounts (Gannon and mano) I will however be back in June/July, Q-2, so hopefuly I can come back when DoY hits, or just when it starts. Good news indeed, thank you KK.

40$Poser
31-01-04, 20:16
what I'm wondering is, with the customization of characters will existing chars be able to be edited lookwise when BDoY is released, or will we have to stick with original skins/hair and so forth.

Samhain
31-01-04, 20:24
sex

looks fucking sweet, my faith is renewed

Benjie
31-01-04, 20:29
Originally posted by Lethys
Perhaps SD is trying to tell us that Asda is the new publisher?

o_O
Lol, Shadow Dancer. Is ASDA the new publisher?

TELL TELL TELL

Shadow Dancer is in the know!

nonamebrandeggs
31-01-04, 20:30
<3

hajoan
31-01-04, 20:31
Looks amazing.
The only things they have to tell us is the publisher and the releasedate. Cant found that at the planfiles.
Only old planfiles with old releasedates for DOY I found...

TWOK
31-01-04, 20:34
Sounds really good, hope it can all be pulled off to the full extent :)

Tratos
31-01-04, 20:35
I really do hope they have or will get a good new publisher and get this game the player count it deserves

SEXY

~T

Constantin
31-01-04, 20:35
fuck 8|
this is gonna be cool

P4mp3rk3
31-01-04, 20:46
wow, good job guys!! :D

robinitnow
31-01-04, 20:47
all I hoped for and so much exulent stuff on top

I believe this picture will explain my feelings

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.omalley/exsited%20nc.JPG

Shujin
31-01-04, 20:55
when doy comes out, im going to delete all of my characters so i can start over fresh ;]

1 thing this plan file does not include is information on Neptune... Will neptune come?

Martin J. Schwiezer
31-01-04, 21:04
Originally posted by Zanathos
@Zanathos: You keep on talking about a previously announced February 2004 release of Neocron. Where the hell did you take that release date from? I am sure that no KK official ever announced NC:BDoY for Feb.04.

@all: There will most likely be even more changes and new features (e.g. regarding the SL-system), but the announced list is the stuff that 100%ly goes into NC:BDoY.

More details about NC:BDoY and its features will be given through our development peeks at RPGvault and the neocron.com homepage.

extract
31-01-04, 21:06
At the end of the tutorial, the character is taken prisoner by Copbots and, after being brainwashed, wakes up in Area MC5

1.5 Cyberspace and HackNet

1.6 NPC Vendors for Players

Wow definitely know why its taken so long now, tons of great things to come, I liked the copbot taken prisoner thing the best though, I think thats great......

Judge
I think I remember someone saying that BDoY would be released a month after the list.... but I can't remember who it was.

Anyway, its all looking nice :)

EDIT: btw if you are still there MJS will current dudes be able to customise their characters as much as the new players will?

(Its tempting to start afresh.... but I can't be bothered with all the leveling. Maybe just buy a new account)

Forget My Name
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Oh yea of little faith. ;)

N

After a year and a half of disappointments, what do you expect?

I am VERY glad that KK is doing well now with their game. This is what NEOCRON should have been a long time ago.

Good job KK. Very good.

- EDIT -

When BDOY comes out, I will delete all my acounts and start completely new also.

Zaq
31-01-04, 21:09
Can't wait

no mention of addressing the FRE issue though, I guess you don't mind the reputation of "good game but buggy"?

and err, nice of you to give us a rough release date - hope you can stick to it

ben77890
31-01-04, 21:12
yay, hopefully i can reactivate my account soon

Zanathos
31-01-04, 21:16
Well MJS, I just hope Beyond the Dome of York truly is great.

I will wait.

But I will be disapointed if its backed up even further beyond Q2 of 2004.

I had ideas for the soul light system, but MrBane has quit and there is no longer a Neocron Research Focus Group.....

Mebe I'll post in the brainport but unfortunatly, I want to be able to do more than just this.

As brainport isnt an all too useful way to know that you guys are listening.

Psst

what would help is if people from ReaKKtor commented on Brain Port ideas. Then maybe ill know my ideas are heard.

Birkoff
31-01-04, 21:22
SEX

sanityislost
31-01-04, 21:33
OMFG IM GETTING CIGS AND SNOW YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Vid Gamer
31-01-04, 21:37
How can any of you NOT be excited by that list?

This truly shows that KK cannot please everyone. Great list KK, it's freakin amazing, more then I expected, and I can't wait!

Possessed
31-01-04, 21:39
"If you try to please everyone, everyone will be dissapointed with the result"

Thought that was fitting, can't remember where I read it.

alig
31-01-04, 21:39
About time too :D

/sex

Breschau
31-01-04, 21:45
1.1 3D Engine - I'm more interested in improvements to engine performance than appearance. So, in that vein, will any of the upgrades there mean the ability to utilise the maximum range of weapons? ie, be able to target and shoot things more than ~500m away?

I'm also a little curious as to how the WoC stuff will operate with regards PEs since with no 100 stat they're gonna be eligible to go for theirs sooner.

Cytaur
31-01-04, 21:52
Hallellujah, more SEX ! Gliders ! New engine !

No mechs ? :(

Shujin
31-01-04, 21:53
@MJS: will there be any news on a new server or Neptune?
because I would really like to be able to start out on a clean slate on a new server without everyone having 200 people with capped chars running around.

im sure many many otheres would also like a fresh server to play on. it would make it like a new game really everyone newb tryin to help everyone out, and newb pvp would be fun ;]

Judge
31-01-04, 21:59
A fresh server would be UBER (I mean a completely new server.... not a wipe). :)

Please do it KK.... I COMMAND YOU!!!! *Thunderbolts rain from the sky*

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 22:01
Yea neptune pretty please.

Ive been waiting 2 years mjs :(

Shujin
31-01-04, 22:03
Originally posted by Judge
A fresh server would be UBER (I mean a completely new server.... not a wipe). :)

Please do it KK.... I COMMAND YOU!!!! *Thunderbolts rain from the sky* yea i really wouldnt want a wipe just because it wouldnt be fair to all those who dont want one, but i wouldnt mind it if it happend but others would.

so neptune would be nice no matter where its located, i couldnt care less if its located in new york or moscow :P neocron doesnt lag at all no matter if i play 56k or dsl and im on the east cost of america. so please bring teh neptune or even mars or mercury ;] or make one mega server called The Sun >.< jk ;P

G.0.D.
31-01-04, 22:07
Neocron was nominated sixth sexiest game of all time in the August/03 issue of PC Gamer

might also note that made it THE sexiest mmorpg. . .

http://www.g0dsoft.com/pcg3.jpg
http://www.g0dsoft.com/pcg4.jpg

DigestiveBiscui
31-01-04, 22:13
MJS will be sexed

cant wait for better FPS :D

SamuraiPizzaCat
31-01-04, 22:14
WoC = win

Cruzbroker
31-01-04, 22:19
Not so impresed that some of you seem to be, but looks all cool.

PVP drives NC, teh fps system etc. rocks. With rpg elements. <3
Not the graphics bla bla everquest bs :p

mdares
31-01-04, 22:31
question about WoC:

in the example it jsut says tank gains str 100; and it has statement about "capped" players. So is that the MAIN skill capped (tank's main skill being STR used in the example)? of COMPLETE cap?

(if its main skill cap then SEXSEXSEX; if its complete cap, then plz fix monk int :D)

EVERYTHING ELSE:

S3X0R

Dribble Joy
31-01-04, 22:40
I think it is for each skill... I think.

Benjie
31-01-04, 22:41
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Not so impresed that some of you seem to be, but looks all cool.

PVP drives NC, teh fps system etc. rocks. With rpg elements. <3
Not the graphics bla bla everquest bs :p
Actually I am very much looking forward to the graphical updates. It might make it easier for some people to roleplay.

Shallow I know, but roleplaying always seems easier in a more realistic enviroment.

Q`alooaith
31-01-04, 22:44
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
100%ly

Percently? is that even a real word MJ..

Nice to get some info's, though personaly I might have dragged it out for a few hour's more so people started to think they where lied to, and then shock them with an unanounced bit on the webby's mainpage.. But that's just cause I'm evil.. :angel:

Well, good luck Mr Bond.... ;)

Scikar
31-01-04, 22:46
It sounds to me like NC:BDoY will be what Neocron was always meant to be. :)

El_MUERkO
31-01-04, 23:00
Originally posted by Breschau
1.1 3D Engine - I'm more interested in improvements to engine performance than appearance. So, in that vein, will any of the upgrades there mean the ability to utilise the maximum range of weapons? ie, be able to target and shoot things more than ~500m away?

I'm also a little curious as to how the WoC stuff will operate with regards PEs since with no 100 stat they're gonna be eligible to go for theirs sooner.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

What he said will you be able to increase the clipping distance?

This'd make a big impact for rifle users that are feeling hard done by of late.

Parker
31-01-04, 23:10
Sorry - read the list, and not that impressed - it's still going to be the same game - just with it looking slightly nicer. Some nice tweaks - but apart from the graphics & the engine - these read like patch notes, not a new gaming experience.

I hope these doesn't sound that negative but we've been waiting a hell of a long time for DOY (and we're still waiting - I suggest it's probably not that wise to preorder at the end of march and then wait - what? 4-5 months before the game appears??)

My own personal view is that NC should be a great game (hell - it is a great game though with limitations) - but the problems that need addressing are 1) what do you do when capped (and moving the goal posts up a bit with wise books doesn't solve this. Getting MC5 chips was just plain annoying and running through the epics took a week at most) 2) more variety in op wars/pvp (think about the different landscapes and options we get in online fps games - why can't op wars be that varied? why are they always outside with this fort with doors you can't close?)

My account expired on friday - the same day as the patch (two hours of download and then i can't log in :-) - and i'm considering if i should pay for another month (probably - i have unfinished business) but am i going to pay for another 5 months till DOY (and then it's all the same?) hmm i doubt it.

I suspect NC will be a success when it's re-released - but thats more to do with getting the publisher right since what's been added isn't going to change much things. I also suspect that the NC of the future will be mostly new guys cos us oldies have already done everything.

John

Martin J. Schwiezer
31-01-04, 23:15
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Percently? is that even a real word MJ.. No... %ly is not a _real_ word, but a schwiezer word. ;)

And about all the detail questions: Everything will be explained in details with the upcpming development peeks. So there shouldn't be any questions left once we have released all peeks.

amfest
31-01-04, 23:18
sounds good... wonder what the new mobs will be like . .. also I wish you could mention if the 40 new maps are all on the DOY side? .. are some higher level mobs going to be added around neocron? No mention of mechs :( either way . . words are words .. I'll be really excited as some people seem to be around when I see some very well done non photoshopped screenshots showing new areas, character models and mobs in action . . and there better be in game video footage clips . . . I want to see this church area you hang out at Martin, in DOY :P

i'd say on PEs it should work on their PSI ..and give them access to a new spell called Crahn Attract Fire .. .. when cast will draw all nearby weapon fire to them no matter who the enemy is shooting at :p

Q`alooaith
31-01-04, 23:25
No... %ly is not a _real_ word, but a schwiezer word. ;)

And about all the detail questions: Everything will be explained in details with the upcpming development peeks. So there shouldn't be any questions left once we have released all peeks.

I'd of gone with...

"all your question's will be anwsered in the fullness of time"

"Real" rather than _Real_...

*stop's correcting the second most powerfull being on the forums*;)

Clive
31-01-04, 23:30
Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine.

This leads me to believe that people with armor (non PA) on will actually.....look like they have armor on?!?!?!

Argent
31-01-04, 23:38

Would it be possible for you to tell us who the new publisher is, please?

System
31-01-04, 23:40
Finaly!!!! More to do now. I like the Personal NPC feature thats going to be uber. and Haircuts Diablos isnt going to have any hair when that comes out.

-- Diablos --

P4mp3rk3
31-01-04, 23:44
yarrr, I have submitted this to a Belgian gaming site, they made a newspost about it too :)
read here: http://games.telenet.be/indexclassic.html
spread the word people, hallelujah

love it

Robert [GS]
31-01-04, 23:50
Who is the publisher?

Trip
31-01-04, 23:52
1.14 More Sex

SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXS EXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSE XSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXS EXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX!

OMFG WORDS CANT EXPRESS HOW I FEEL!!!!!!!! F*CK YOU KK I LOVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS!

-=Blasehase=-
31-01-04, 23:56
No... %ly is not a _real_ word, but a schwiezer word. ;)

is it the same "word" wich had sayed that a FULL & COMPLETE listing of the features came up this month?

then let me look @ the list...

most things where things wich should be ingame loooong time ago through patches

the others... hum... is this really worth to pay AGAIN for things wich cames on other MMOGs priceless as addon or patches?

then... u personally say that a full listing cames up... and now u say it isnt full?

when u got an contract with IGN... then u know about it since some time ago, and not only by today... then u had a chance to say BEFORE it comes out: ok folks... the list wich comes this month isnt the complete featurelist, but we bring up the missing features in the peaks on IGN

u have broken ur word.... AGAIN

Q`alooaith
01-02-04, 00:04
Don't nit pick.. It's the list of 100% thing's.. as the work get's done other thing's can be moved to 100% status and then put onto other lists for us to see..

Maybe even a few thing's they don't put on list's, or show us before hand..

Quede
01-02-04, 00:07
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
How can any of you NOT be excited by that list?

This truly shows that KK cannot please everyone. Great list KK, it's freakin amazing, more then I expected, and I can't wait!

*yawn*

Forgive me if I don't jump up and down just yet.

All the talk and hype of the vaporware known as BDOY won't
be swept away by a little list like this. It is a start, but some
of us folks have listened to the trumpets blow so many times
we don't hear them anymore. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

As far as new stuff/features etc, all well and good, but if the
bugs that we have NOW still exist after release, how long
do you think the majority of new blood will hang around?

[ Edited for violation of the forum rules (offensive) - pick a different metaphor next time please ]

wow a CENSORING, I feel so honored....I have read
so much worse here, I must be special since it broke no
rules of this forum.

It does appear things are on the upswing, I hope if I take a
big bite it tastes like a Baby Ruth.

landofcake
01-02-04, 00:12
I JUST CANT WAIT

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 00:25
Sorry, not impressed. If it excites *your* interest, well thats great. The only saving grace will be if BDOY also solves the fatals / synching / right-click problems that have plagued the game forever.

Spook

Vid Gamer
01-02-04, 00:26
If the list doesn't excite you at the least bit then just might as well quit now and never come back.

KRIMINAL99
01-02-04, 00:32
wierd my forum account still works...

anyways this looks to be a mix of some actually really good features and on the other hand some really nice descriptions of things that really wont amount to much in the way of fun as far as the game goes. And even worse, some things that will make the game less fun...

Player NPC's, thats awesome, tradeskillers have needed that for a long time.

Wisdom of Ceres.... To go from level 99 to 100 takes what like 42 million xp? The leveling process is very repetitive as well and has no value other than to level as rare part hunting doesn't give that good xp... I hope that there are mobs that give more xp to counteract this lengthening of the ever despised level treadmill.

Graphics are great but they dont make a game. Nothing written here is going to change the boringness of the end game....

I still maintain that in order for any mmorpg to provide a sustained level of fun it has to incorporate gambling in some sense... I was going to put a philosophical style argument why I think this here but it was too long so I'm just going to put it in the English discussion forum.

Quede
01-02-04, 00:35
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
If the list doesn't excite you at the least bit then just might as well quit now and never come back.

You miss the point entirely. The LIST is a bunch of typing.
VERY little details, just a overview.

SHOW ME THE MONEY, then I can judge whether I am excited.

Hearing about it for over and over for well over a year it
got old.

All the hype about the list being posted and to finally read it
was quite a disappointment, I am sure I was not the only
one to feel so.

Vid Gamer
01-02-04, 00:37
You make it sound like all that stuff might not make it into the game or something. o_O

So what if it's typing, it will be in BDoY, nothing on the list is that confusing where you actually have to see it work to judge on it...

EDIT: For people unimpressed, what would your list look like?

Q`alooaith
01-02-04, 00:42
You might hate the leveling treadmill..

But then once you stop leveling, you stop getting the feeling of progressing..

Anyway, if the WoC skill's where easy to get it'd be silly kinda, rather than somthing people aspire to, they see it as a must have..

Nash_Brigham
01-02-04, 00:43
My question is on this right here

1.9 New Player Character Models
A completely new character creation system will allow a much more individual character customization. You can finally create a fitting avatar by choosing from a series of heads, haircuts, beards, cloth etc.

Will existing characters be able to take advantage of this?

Nivag
01-02-04, 00:45
I feel a little disappointed by the list, I was about to post a little tirade but I went back and re-read martins original post from a few weeks back, and he does only promise a "list" as it were, I was expecting some solid information i.e. examples, a little detail, maybe a few screenshots. What we get is the bare minimum they could get away with and keep their word. Again were left with the promise of more information after yet another wait, *sigh*.

Its not as if I'm the most patient man in the world, like most of the people on the forums here I can be quite unreasonable at times in expecting instant results, and I know that’s definitely unrealistic, KK do a good job with what they have, surely though a few screenies wouldn’t have hurt? I understand the slow burn in the build-up to the release and perhaps the allure of giving these gaming sites "exclusives", as it where, in the publishing of the detailed information (good for business as they say). But you don’t really need to market the expansion to us, cant you give us a little more detail instead of stringing us out again? I'm not asking for a great big manual and technical explanation, just something that’s not quite as dry as a single orange web page of text. Show us your enthusiasm for the game, say: "here look at this" "isn’t that cool?" and well go "oooh" "aahhh" and wait that little bit longer.

Well now that I've went back and proof read that I find my opinions shifted again, (in-fact its quite whiney and embarrassing) but ill let it stand as my initial reaction after seeing the list. I guess what I’m trying to say is; you were good enough to keep your word, and for that we thank you, but how about giving us a little extra for a change, instead of just the bare minimum... Oh and as an addendum ill second that "who is the publisher" question.

DonnyJepp
01-02-04, 00:45
methinks the engine upgrade might significantly help with clipping plane issues :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Any word on what they plan for their server side/netcode stuff? I'd sure like to hear that they plan to add another 32 CPUs and 256 gigs of ram to the cluster or something to help with lag issues.

Judge
01-02-04, 00:46
Originally posted by Quede
You miss the point entirely. The LIST is a bunch of typing.
VERY little details, just a overview.

SHOW ME THE MONEY, then I can judge whether I am excited.

Nidhogg
01-02-04, 00:49
Originally posted by Nivag
I feel a little disappointed by the list, I was about to post a little tirade but I went back and re-read martins original post from a few weeks back, and he does only promise a "list" as it were, I was expecting some solid information i.e. examples, a little detail, maybe a few screenshots.Have you seen the RPG Vault features? There are two screenshots and a description of the HackNet as well as a few screenshots of the upgraded Plaza. More to follow...

N

mabus
01-02-04, 00:52
All looks good, .. but one thing i hope for is that the WoC levels are done better than the master levels in daoc ( i know the two games are different).

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 00:53
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
is it the same "word" wich had sayed that a FULL & COMPLETE listing of the features came up this month?

then let me look @ the list...

most things where things wich should be ingame loooong time ago through patches
Most things? So "most things of the list" (> 50%) were already announced as patches? Where? By whom? :confused:

the others... hum... is this really worth to pay AGAIN for things wich cames on other MMOGs priceless as addon or patches?so... the other announced features (I guess that's what you mean by "the others") were free addons/patches for other MMOGs? Name me one commercial MMOG which doubled its core territory with a FREE patch in one go. I'd say that the community won't be really able to evaluate the quality of the expansion, before seeing it... because the quantity and quality that comes with BDoY needs to be experienced and can hardly be communicated through a simple "list".

then... u personally say that a full listing cames up... and now u say it isnt full?Where do I say that? I said that there probably might be even more features than the points described in the list. Neocron will never stand still and there will always be new ideas and concepts going into the game. Sorry about that... ;)

when u got an contract with IGN... then u know about it since some time ago, and not only by today... then u had a chance to say BEFORE it comes out: ok folks... the list wich comes this month isnt the complete featurelist, but we bring up the missing features in the peaks on IGN
u have broken ur word.... AGAIN What contract with IGN? WTF are you talking about. Man... you really have some voices somewhere in your head. :wtf:
Please stop posting such BS. Thanks...

Sefran
01-02-04, 00:55
Dont see why some ppl wanne complain , im quite excited and up for all of it :D

Robert [GS]
01-02-04, 00:56
Who ist the Publisher Martin?

Nivag
01-02-04, 00:58
Have you seen the RPG Vault features? There are two screenshots and a description of the HackNet as well as a few screenshots of the upgraded Plaza. More to follow...

N

I have seen them nid, the impression I got was that this "list" was to be a list of the new features documented in the same style, (A bumper post if you will), perhaps just the single webby threw me a bit, I don’t know. *Shrug* I’m like everyone else in clammering for info and MJS holding his cards close to his chest in the detail dept. makes us impatient people sweat.

I’m trying to say that the impression given was "we're going to give you a good look at BDOY" when the reality was "we're giving you some text and then detail strung out over time". I can’t have everything I suppose; MJS is to be congratulated on at least giving us something, and on time.

Sefran
01-02-04, 01:01
About the WoC skills like as a monk u can get special tools in items in psi ok can get that , what about for example the intel for a monk will he get anything in that (or any class in that mather like tank's con) , or is this just for the main skill of the character. Capping int only even is like (yawn still way to slow) and getting a huge amount of exp in it to get a WoC skill lvl ...o_O

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 01:07
Originally posted by Robert [GS]
Who ist the Publisher Martin? Can't tell yet. Everything has been mutually agreed on and everything's fine. However I am a careful man and I don't announce a name, before the final contract hasn't been signed. ;)

Let me add that even in the unlikely case that this pub breaks away, we have a "fail-safe" solution in place, so the release of NC:BDoY is secure.

VVerevvolf
01-02-04, 01:10
Do you know/Can you tell us when the final contract will be signed? Im very curios :D

Tratos
01-02-04, 01:10
Martin, while your here would you answer this Question please.

You said that somthings were undecided about the safezone removal implimentation, and said we would find out, have you sorted these things? such as are Copbots being weakened to a point where players can battle them, and wether GRs will be placed in the HQ's

Please answer :)

~T

/me goes to read the list again :D :D :D :D

EDITED FOR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR

n3m
01-02-04, 01:11
To bring up KuifJe's point again:

Will Players without the Expension/BDOY be able to play?

//edit:
Will those 'Peeks' be weekly? like every tuesday, or just random?

VVerevvolf
01-02-04, 01:12
I very highly doubt it.

Dade Murphey
01-02-04, 01:13
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
Ah but you gotta admit in that plan file there is a lot that most other modern day moo's already have, they are putting in a expansion pack that made everyone hyped where only its just to bring the game up to todays standards.

You look at any MMO that has been released in the past few months or is going to be released this year and i don't think NC has a chance with that plan file to cope, there is not enough there to keep players let alone attract new ones from other top games.

Unless of course they got backing from someone like Sony will they get known

By what you say I can assume you only keep up with things that get a lot of hype...like lineage 2, Matrix, Middle-Earth Online or things of that nature...There's a lot of games in production today, or about to come out for that matter or have come out, that are really no farther along in technology than say UO, Diablo 1...honestly they suprise me that they're trying to put these games out with what most people consider to be good these days...but they do have a player base and a lot of people do like them...don't play a game because it looks pretty or for what you consider to be "today's standards" but because it holds some sort of appeal to you...to me this list plan sounds pretty killer...I hope to see other changes added in to the game...but this is hella cool...if you're gonna play or watch something it shouldn't matter how it looks or compares to "today's standards"...if you enjoy it and it's fun to you, that's all that should really matter

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 01:19
Originally posted by Tratos
You said that somthings were undecided about the safezone removal implimentation, and said we would find out, have you sorted these things? such as are Copbots being weakened to a point where players can battle them, and wether GRs will be placed in the HQ's
Well, as announced before, the current safe-zones will be removed and the bars, clubs and restaurants will become the new safe zones. Tweaking the CopBots strengths and their presence in the zones will done by our test-server team.

Kalpa
01-02-04, 01:20
Cool, will be released just before I go to army. Nice job, I'll hopefully start (if I'll start :P) BDoY maybe year after its release, if NC is still alive then... just like Neocron itself ;)

Nivag
01-02-04, 01:21
I have another throwaway question for you if you have the time to answer.... did the negotiation come down to the wire or were you just toying with us in holding the information back until the "last possible minute" *wink*.

bounty
01-02-04, 01:22
Is the netcode going to change or have an overhaul at all to adapt to the new engine or is there any comments in that regard?

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 01:24
Originally posted by n3m

A) Will Players without the Expension/BDOY be able to play?

B) Will those 'Peeks' be weekly? like every tuesday, or just random?

A) Yes, but they will miss out a lot of the fun. They won't be able to enter DoY, they won't get the engine upgrade, no new char models and pretty much all the other points on the list won't work for them, unless they are required basics.

B) No, not weekly... but we try to be bi-weekly.

CR@SH
01-02-04, 01:25
I was kinda expecting a more detailed list of what is coming but it is still good to know what is coming. Regardless keep up the good work KK, just knowing there is something on the horizon will keep many people around. ;)

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 01:25
Originally posted by bounty
Is the netcode going to change or have an overhaul at all to adapt to the new engine or is there any comments in that regard? There will be quite drastic changes. Work on them is in progress.

Zanathos
01-02-04, 01:28
Well Martin, I just hope everything pulls through for this very unique game.

Shujin
01-02-04, 01:29
MJ, you've answered alot of questions, but can you please tell us will there be neptune?

because manny mannnyyy of us would like to see a fresh server where we can restart and everyone starts as equals.

and if not, then will there be some sort of wipe? maybe wipe the server with the lowest population?

mystery8
01-02-04, 01:35
Impressive.

Hope you people can pull all that stuff off... :D

Richard Angelus
01-02-04, 01:43
nice...
some more infos....thx Martin

japata
01-02-04, 01:47
So... before DoY comes, ppl should be made join the politics system so that system will start rolling smoothly and the flame/whine/nerf_politics -posts will be at minimum.

Are you going to give somekind of an incentive for players to be active in faction politics BEFORE BDoY? Paycheck? Mission xp? What about after the release?

As it is now, there's not a single fully working faction council in the whole neocron universe that I know of. Kinda sucks, but oh well, I'm just a control freak. :)

Rith
01-02-04, 01:49
Originally posted by Shujin
MJ, you've answered alot of questions, but can you please tell us will there be neptune?

because manny mannnyyy of us would like to see a fresh server where we can restart and everyone starts as equals.

and if not, then will there be some sort of wipe? maybe wipe the server with the lowest population?

I thought that was answered long ago

when the population supports its there will be neptune

personally I'd like to see Saturn + Uranus merged, but it seems like its never going to happen, so... unless the population grows by at least 300 per server - no neptune

RayBob
01-02-04, 01:50
Some very nice things. Not much in the way of specifics but MJS has already said that more info will follow.

A few concerns:

1. I certainly hope that existing characters will have a one-time option to adjust/upgrade their character models.

2. No revision whatsoever to the OP system. Besides the new Ceres skills, OP fights are the main goal of capped players. There are so many problems with the current system and so little incentive to even hold an OP. I was really looking forward to a completely redesigned OP system.

3. Faction specific items. If by this they mean items that can only be used by members of a specific faction, then I have to say I don't like it. The most difficult thing to achieve in any MMORPG is PvP balance. We hear it all the time..."that class is overpowered, nerf them." If you create powerful faction specific items (like the Crahn glove) that give one runner a PvP advantage over another then people will change factions. It is difficult enough to balance the classes without equipment being in the equation. People should choose their faction based on the role they wish to play in the Neocron world, not because of the items they will have access to.

Shujin
01-02-04, 01:51
Originally posted by Rith
I thought that was answered long ago

when the population supports its there will be neptune

personally I'd like to see Saturn + Uranus merged, but it seems like its never going to happen, so... unless the population grows by at least 300 per server - no neptune well seriously think about it, how is the population going to support it when a noob joins in a game that is nothing but capped players running around, he wont want to stay in the game very long, he'll prolly play the free time then sell the game on ebay.

VVerevvolf
01-02-04, 01:51
Im sure server population will rapidly grow with a new publisher.
I think there will be several new servers some weeks after NC:BDOY has been released.

Dade Murphey
01-02-04, 02:03
well seriously think about it, how is the population going to support it when a noob joins in a game that is nothing but capped players running around, he wont want to stay in the game very long, he'll prolly play the free time then sell the game on ebay.

That's also assuming you won't have old players rerolling...I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of rerolling and changing of thing...in a way it would be nice for clean servers...but in a way it would be annoying too...haha...I'm rather undecided of what I'd like to see happen

Argent
01-02-04, 02:03
Originally posted by VVerevvolf
Im sure server population will rapidly grow with a new publisher.
I think there will be several new servers some weeks after NC:BDOY has been released.

Hopefully 2 new servers at most. One German, one English.

We don't need another Pluto aka city-of-one-man do we?

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 02:04
Originally posted by RayBob
1. I certainly hope that existing characters will have a one-time option to adjust/upgrade their character models.Yes, of course.

2. No revision whatsoever to the OP system. Besides the new Ceres skills, OP fights are the main goal of capped players. There are so many problems with the current system and so little incentive to even hold an OP. I was really looking forward to a completely redesigned OP system.[/B] The role of the OPs will be revised, since the number of OPs held by an empire also has an effect on the general wealth of that empire. It is a little hard to explain without going into every little detail of the DoY vs. NC conflict.

3. Faction specific items. If by this they mean items that can only be used by members of a specific faction, then I have to say I don't like it. [/B] No, "faction specific item" means that an item is unique to come from that faction as a reward for an epic run... but everybody who has the proper skills will be able to use it.

Quede
01-02-04, 02:16
Yes, of course.

The role of the OPs will be revised, since the number of OPs held by an empire also has an effect on the general wealth of that empire. It is a little hard to explain without going into every little detail of the DoY vs. NC conflict.

No, "faction specific item" means that an item is unique to come from that faction as a reward for an epic run... but everybody who has the proper skills will be able to use it.

That sounds wonderful, regarding OPs. I was pleased to see
the faction bonus was included while I was away.

Faction Items, like current epic items if that is the way you
implement them are a detriment to the game.

It promotes faction hopping to get a CARROT, rather then
foster a sense of being a team player.

The Neocron Paladin was one of KK's worst ideas to date and
may even be partially to blame for some of the destruction of
some old and established clans as people migrated to get
those all so sassy items to compete with the jones.

It would be a good idea to think the implications through.

TYPO's damned notebook keyboards...

Torteth
01-02-04, 02:30
Here's something interesting... I Searched the forums and didnt see it posted before, so here goes...

http://www.neocron.com/~feidt/

http://www.neocron.com/~feidt/Shot01_P4_compare.jpg

http://www.neocron.com/~feidt/Shot02_P4_compare.jpg

http://www.neocron.com/~feidt/Shot03_P1_compare.jpg

New higher resolution textures look very nice indeed!

Scikar
01-02-04, 02:47
2. No revision whatsoever to the OP system. Besides the new Ceres skills, OP fights are the main goal of capped players. There are so many problems with the current system and so little incentive to even hold an OP. I was really looking forward to a completely redesigned OP system.

Wasn't there a mention in the first RPGVault Peek that FA and TG might be turned into Super OPs?

Robert [GS]
01-02-04, 02:57
What has it with the new HoverCab system on themselves? The present one Is only Corrected in NC, Expanded or is made completely new? Do also DoY go into HoverCab's?

Possessed
01-02-04, 03:06
Originally posted by Scikar
Wasn't there a mention in the first RPGVault Peek that FA and TG might be turned into Super OPs?

Actually MJS posted that, I hope it does get put in though... would be so sexy, take that you bastid FA :p

t0tt3
01-02-04, 03:34
If the SL system aint over looked then all this fall apart.
I really dont wanna play a carebear game when you dont have a option to be evil. If you could I woulnd just go YAAAY EVIL EVIL, I probly would go the other way and be a bounty and try to kill them "via the citycom"

But today.... Red SL aint a option or just a option to those hor are filthy rich and can kill with storebought weapons and or epic ones that you cant drop.

Tha monk PA are a epic only why can you drop it :p "never mind"

To bad the release is so late WoW banging on the doorstep but you never now could be cool.

Last thing. Custom models :eek: :eek: :eek: I dont have 50 twins anymore then... O_o

Dade Murphey
01-02-04, 03:44
Originally posted by t0tt3
t0tt3 said some things here

SL NEEDS to be taken out and more focus put on factions...and also...you can't really compare NC to WoW though the xpansion to NC and WoW may be coming out at the same time...they're going to draw different crowds for different reasons

t0tt3
01-02-04, 03:48
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
SL NEEDS to be taken out and more focus put on factions...and also...you can't really compare NC to WoW though the xpansion to NC and WoW may be coming out at the same time...they're going to draw different crowds for different reasons

Cyberpunk has criminals and loads of them...

I can just say that imo that WoW will draw more of my attention if they release it before DoY thats a fact bought all Blizz other games why not that :p

Sure I will buy Bdoy and try it but if I cant be a villan or hunt them whats the point.....

/Edit: looks at my previous post... shit typos :p dont blame me just came back the Red light district and fairly drunk :D

Psycho Killa
01-02-04, 04:07
Eariler in the thread mjs mentioned the possibility of sl changing its just not on the 100% list yet.

t0tt3
01-02-04, 04:10
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Eariler in the thread mjs mentioned the possibility of sl changing its just not on the 100% list yet.

Anything that comes from KK inofficial = crap
Because that never happends... "gr on racetrack anyone?"

So if its not on the list I can read pr0n stories instead gives me more plesure...

I only trusth official things.. and a maybe we are looking into that aint official to me. "lol maybe a hotfix 3 days after bdoy then :p :D"

EDIT :lol: MJS replied on my 666 post :D its the destiny 8| :lol:

Martin J. Schwiezer
01-02-04, 04:18
Originally posted by t0tt3
Anything that comes from KK inofficial = crap
Because that never happends... "gr on racetrack anyone?" No, t0tt3, unofficial things often happen. With the GR at the racetrack... that's my personal fault, because I forgot to push it through. I will send a reminder about that thing _right now_, so it should come with the next patch. k?

Ivory
01-02-04, 04:20
mr mjs dude u gonna be on all nite posting replies to ppl cos if so then make urself a cuppa :p

j/k of course... nah i fully appreciate wot your doing

cheers.

Judge
01-02-04, 04:24
MJS..... PLEASE pretty pretty PRETTY please say that there *might* be changes to the SL system. Especially considering that the OZ jailhouse club now exists for criminals.

t0tt3
01-02-04, 04:26
No, t0tt3, unofficial things often happen. With the GR at the racetrack... that's my personal fault, because I forgot to push it through. I will send a reminder about that thing _right now_, so it should come with the next patch. k?

Well if the boss says so, so it is :D
Just dont want a feather become a chicken thats all :(
If so I just gonna get disappointed because I love the game and the day when they say that santa will not come thats when christmas dies and you become adult...

I dont wanna be old :rolleyes:

Quede
01-02-04, 04:28
No, t0tt3, unofficial things often happen. With the GR at the racetrack... that's my personal fault, because I forgot to push it through. I will send a reminder about that thing _right now_, so it should come with the next patch. k?

It's nice to see you take the heat on an issue, I can respect that
wholeheartedly.

However, as a CEO who is apparently in the middle of what
seems a major task (BDOY coordination) I cannot grasp you
being in charge of such a small detail as a GR placement.

It is reassuring that you stand up and say "I'm Spartacus".

My posts may come across as very negative and brutal, but
it is because I enjoy the game and expect alot from it AND
the company behind it. I will look forward to seeing these
more detailed updates soon.

MegaCorp
01-02-04, 04:31
To my mind KK followed through and made good on their commitment by releasing this list.

Here are my thoughts on the individual items. Your own evaluations will most likely vary, perhaps by a lot - so much so that you may even decide to flame me. Admittedly there is very little detail available so far, so my own ratings could easily change radically depending on what is actually delivered in the final product. I have tried to be matter-of-fact, but admit that some prejudices may have slipped out.

- 3D Engine

Undoubtedly needed to remain competitive. Enables the revamped look of the game. No obvious gameplay affect as yet. Overall Value: Minor to Medium, depending on actual usage rather than inherent potential.

- Dome of York

Does it differ in any meaningful gameplay way from Neocron City itself? Does it have things to do that differ from NC, MB, TH, and so forth? Will the leveling/hunting experience be something other than just reworked graphics / layouts / mobs / skins which would basically (when you cut it right down to the bone) be fundamentally just the same as everywhere else in the game and so be nothing special? If it is all simply more of the same, then the novelty will wear off in short order and we will be left asking the awkward question: why did you bother? Overall Value: Minor.

- Gameplay Reorientation

With regard to the removal of safe zones, and the even greater separation of pro- and anti- City factions as embodied in the creation of DoY, the affect on the game overall could be *very* significant. *This* is where DoY City will have its real impact, rather than its content (as per the section above). This entry is what DoY is really all about. Overall Value: Medium to High.

- Cyberspace and HackNet

Has the potential to be a fun enhancement in gameplay. Overall Value: Medium to High.

- New Epic Runs

Finishes delivering the remaining epic runs that should have been issued long ago. Could individually be fun as were some of the originals. Of extremely limited duration and with no replay value. Some existing rewards of questionable value/worth. Overall Value: Minor.

- Wastelands Upgrade

An upgrade to in-game appearance is certainly a good thing, since markedly out of date graphics tend to create a negative impression. New variety in outdoor areas will enhance the fun factor when it comes to random exploration as will quests that specifically take you to unique places. But then again, it is actual gameplay that matters most. Overall Value: Minor to Medium.

- New Player Character Models

Just keeping in step with newer MMORPGs. But even so, being able to more uniquely tailor the appearance of your character does indeed provide a certain degree of ongoing enjoyment. Overall Value: Medium.

- Improved Newbie Experience

Could be important in retaining new players during their first couple of days, but other factors such as how often they get unexpectedly PKed, and the amount of verbal abuse they receive from PKers, will prove even more critical. A worthwhile addition in and of itself, but has no affect on the majority of one's gaming experience if you stick with the game. Overall Value: Minor.

- Customizable Player Apartments

Some players really enjoy this kind of individuality. Others point out that they spend little or no time in their apartments because unlike in real life they don't actually *live* there - they are just places to store stuff. Overall Value: Minor.

- New Mobs and Creatures

More of the same. If new and varied AI was also included then this would be a significant and powerful entry. Could have been in one or more updates. Overall Value: Minor.

- Integration of new Vehicles

The existing vehicles can be both fun as well as handy for getting around the wastelands more quickly. Unfortunately, lackluster design made them only marginally useful in leveling and essentially useless in Op battles. These have the potential to add a new dimension to both leveling and PvP if done well. Overall Value: Medium to High.

- More Sex

Yep, don’t forget to add more titillation for the young teens who play the game. They need some way to get their jollies until they can actually buy Playboy over the counter. Will undoubtedly help to sell more units ... which is what this entry is all about. Overall Value: Minor.

- GUI - Graphical User Interface

Typical product evolution that corrects original flaws and/or adds improvements. Could have been in a regular update. Overall Value: Minor.

- StockX 2.0 - The stock exchange of Neocron

To the best of my knowledge the current stock market system has always been viewed as badly broken. So at best this is just a rewrite to hopefully make it finally work right and be entertaining. Should have been in a regular update. Overall Value: Minor to Medium.

- Wisdom of Ceres Skills

Standard mid-life enhancement to retain players with existing capped characters, and which consequently provides an extended and possibly more varied experience to new players. Will be welcomed and greatly appreciated by most players. Overall Value: Medium to High.

- Miscellaneous new features in Neocron

More beautification and various tweaks and pokes. All to the good, but little to no affect on gameplay. Could have been in one or more monthly updates. Overall Value: Minor.

- Release

Second Quarter 2004 ... I'll bite my tongue and not comment on this one.

---------------------

Having analyzed each entry from my own particular point of view I have come to the conclusion that, yes, it is reasonable to require me to fork over some hard earned cash to pay for this reissue ... although some of the entries *should* have been delivered long ago as part of basic updates, damnit! Better late than never I guess.

But no, I am still not greatly enthused, but yes there are some items of interest that I look forward to trying out some day. In the meantime, I will continue to play what is for me the most fun PvP game currently available: Neocron.

Spook

Edit: and it is, at times, also the most infuriating ... fix the fatals / synching / right-click bugs!!!

40$Poser
01-02-04, 04:39
figures that there'd be whiners even when this was posted on time. It's become a lose lose situation so it seems. Oh well, honestly from what the list says it's going to make things interesting, change goals. Fix faction alliances being ignored and so on. It's honestly giving NC players more to do so it's not that same old same old. More possiblities, what more could you ask for?

MJS, I know you said there wouldn't be a character wipe, but concerning money/items will there be a wipe on that or no? I'm hoping no, but guess ya take what you get.

Dade Murphey
01-02-04, 04:56
I think it would be pretty cool if, after they implement all this stuff with the changes to the GUI and what not, we had the ability to change the over all look of our HUD's...there's that look they used to have to it back in early beta that I still think is hella cool...would like to be able to switch to it or maybe ones people make/edit

mystery8
01-02-04, 05:07
well seriously think about it, how is the population going to support it when a noob joins in a game that is nothing but capped players running around, he wont want to stay in the game very long, he'll prolly play the free time then sell the game on ebay.

Well I'd expect with the re-release there to be a bunch of new players and old players returning... "noobs" wouldn't be alone...

And even if they do wipe. What do you do when a few months pass and those former "noobs" are now capped? Wipe the servers again so the new "noobs" are on level ground? Doesn't make any sense...

Mirco
01-02-04, 05:12
- Integration of new Vehicles

The existing vehicles can be both fun as well as handy for getting around the wastelands more quickly. Unfortunately, lackluster design made them only marginally useful in leveling and essentially useless in Op battles. These have the potential to add a new dimension to both leveling and PvP if done well. Overall Value: Medium to High.

I don`t agree with this. Rhinos I would assume is good for tanks to lvl strength, awesome for wb hunting or any other mob that is "outside". In op-fights the Rhino works as a charm. It can be used to harass attackers pretty bad and is good placed outside the op entrance as a backbone for the attackers. Especially if turrets are dropped in huge numbers. The only bad vehicle is the combat wheeler which is only good if you wan`t to commit suicide. The assault bike I have never tried so I can`t say anything about that. I don`t think they are badly designed. I`ve played alot of BF1942/DC and planetside. The vehicles in these games I consider to be well designed and gives much fun when played with. As a vehicle PE for a couple of months now I feel vehicles are well worth the experience points and I`m satisfied with how they operate.

I think the plan document is awesome. The gfx changes I think is great. As mjs said that the net code is or is going to be subjected to a massive overhaul perhaps we will see grander fights with better graphics and/or better performance.

With the implementation of two waring factions I think its going to be easier for KK to give the storyline more impact. KK can concentrate on the big picture and us punters can fight, squabble and go around mind our day to day life, problems, joys and the sex.

Good stuff. Work those bits and bytes.

Its going to be a bit of a wait though.

kreal
01-02-04, 05:42
I most say that this is one hela pirce of nice work here KK

Keep it going!

Regards Kreal

El_MUERkO
01-02-04, 05:42

uuuuurrrrr drunk!!!

dont try deny it, you've had a few!!!

go you!!

Mattimeo
01-02-04, 05:56
A somewhat exciting list as an LE carebear I like alot of the changes as they give me alot of things to do. However, I do have a few questions:

1) You mention New epics and such, however, with the LE "Fix" (I only quote it as others do not see it as a bug fix), will Epic runs be changed so that those of us who would like to be involved in the story but dislike being ganked can do them?

2) Will specialization be toned down so that players can have more options? I mean is things like hacknet and new vehicles are coming in, are they goign to require ridiculously high skills to use, making it downright impossible to do anything else like the current system has it?

3) Will vehicle Bugginess be fixed so that they're viable to put our (ever so precious) points into? What about general bugginess like FRE's and Synch errors? How much is being done to fix the current technical problems in the game before a whole host of new ones are added?

4) A while back Lupus posted some Extremely well put together Re-vamp ideas for the TL/damages or weapons, will we see something like this? This personally is a big one for me, I'd like to see a few options for new weapons every skill level or two (weather or not I use Tech Weapons). Variety is choices could really make the game something (IE if I'm a pistol user, I'd like to have a choice between an Uzi and a single-shot pistol at the same TL, and have them do about the same damage at the same constructed % and without mods). If this is not a possibility (adding the amount of new weapons that would require) can we at least get a serious look into Lupus' Ideas?

5) What about the current flooding of Techparts in the pool? Is anything going to be done about this at all? This ties in with the general mayhem in the current loot table. Can we expect to see a fix of this with or Before BDOY? I'm sure we can come up with alot of ideas for this to help alleviate the problem. I for would would be most impressed if mobs dropped items appropriate for the level of the person killing them. Like if I kill some Lazars couldI expect some low level weapons or some lowl evel implants? if I kill a launcher cyclops, I could I expect higher level implants? Could we add highlevel humanoid mobs (like Muties) that drop level apropriate gear? maybe some new ones carrying different weapons?

6) See above about mobs. How many new ones are we going to be seeing? Are they getting an AI update?

7) Tradeskills. Is anything going to change about tradeskills? With the addition of the vendors, this could be a mjor issue! I personally would like to see a beta-like system re-implemented where all weapons can be made to 120% quality (and in addtion to the previous plea for a weapon revamp, would be balanced) and slots be more of a skill based instead of a luck based occurance? A constructor with over 200 skill should be able to crank out a lazar pistol with 5 slots almsot every time, it just doesn't make sense to not have skill play a much larger role. While I realize that this is a slight deviation from my previous denoument of the specialization required in this game, I also realize in construction (or any trade skill) it may be neccisary too keep the system balanced. Also, can we make it so that a tradeskiller that never picks up a weapon can still cap out a skill? I'm sure alot of tradeskill roleplayers would be thrilled to be able to cap without having to ever fight anything.

8) LE. With the removal of safezones, it now means that many people that might otherwise take out their LE will now probably leave them in for good, and with the "fix" now in, have little option to do otherwise. is there goign to be a different policy on the no clans for LE users? what about shared apartments? this is one thing that turned a few of my friends off to the game, and I was just wondering if that was going to change any time soon.

I think that covers all of my concerns about BDOY. I would like to commend KK on coming up with a rather impressive list ^^. I truly hope they deliver on all of them.

[TgR]KILLER
01-02-04, 08:47
Well what to say.. everything gets better... more vehicles.. everything gonna look better.. new places to explore.. even a reason to level a capped char even more :p

<3 Mjs

notneo
01-02-04, 10:13
well done to all at kk

this is what we have been waiting for

at last there is a reason not to delete capped characters

and all the pre pubes will now be in pepper jerkin so the reat of us can get on with rp

naimex
01-02-04, 10:24
im just about to read through it.. im fucked up with alcohol.. and just about anything will sound sweet in my ears.. so jolly good job with the list.. i knew you wouldnt let us down :)

Archeus
01-02-04, 10:52

Don't sweat it. With a hovertec you can get to racetrack from battle dome in 3 minutes.

Opar
01-02-04, 11:16
I think im calm now.......

OMG NEW STRIPPERS!!111ONEONE!!1ONE!

Q`alooaith
01-02-04, 11:22
Opar, stop thinking about the stripper's..

Stop thinking about how they will look, stop thinking about how they'll move.. Stop thinking about how they won't be wearing anything...

Care to kill the Newbi MC5 base commander again, from the note's it might not be in after BDoY

Opar
01-02-04, 11:28
Care to kill the Newbi MC5 base commander again, from the note's it might not be in after BDoY

Heh, i rememb-

Sorry, keep thinking about those strippers gyrating around infront of my face. Muh :p

I remember killing the Base Commander, heh. Barrel, up, next person down, I zone, zone back, other person zones, i go down etc.

fun :D

Telepath
01-02-04, 11:43
@Zanathos: You keep on talking about a previously announced February 2004 release of Neocron. Where the hell did you take that release date from? I am sure that no KK official ever announced NC:BDoY for Feb.04. I think I remember someone saying at the time of the GC it could be released around one month after finding a new publisher.
Well, maybe someone concluded that with the list a new publisher would have been found ;)

amfest
01-02-04, 11:56
heh Q`alooaith I remmeber using that tank i made with a combat knife and grenades to help kill it ..lol .. my knife was the final blow that took the newbie mc5 commander down XD

Dribble Joy
01-02-04, 12:04
Mr MJS, will there still be neutral factions with the arrival of BDoY (Eg, FA and the Mercs), or will each faction be decidedly placed in one of the two camps, NC or DoY.

Kasumi
01-02-04, 12:04
Uhh I have asked this twice alread yin this thread in hope I would get an answer. People are probably irritated by now but I would still like an official response to my question PLEASE!! Dont yell at me please! ^.^ Will there ever been an asian version of Neocron? OR are you going to leave the asian market alone? It was very hard getting Neocron to Japan when I tried to get it the first time.. I am willing to get BDOY in English but I would to be able to play Neocron in my own language!! Oh well maybe one day! :o

Breschau
01-02-04, 12:19
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Mr MJS, will there still be neutral factions with the arrival of BDoY (Eg, FA and the Mercs), or will each faction be decidedly placed in one of the two camps, NC or DoY.
I'd been wondering this too. It sounds like FA will definitely be picking a side as it's been said they'll be shifting their main HQ from tech haven to DoY. For the mercs, if they aren't neutral then they should maybe be changed to something other than mercs. Neocron military or something.

Darak
01-02-04, 12:33
Neocron has set the bar for online games - i know i will not beable to play anything else for a long while and enjoy it the same. I was not amazed by the list as it did not solve any of my current problems:

What is there to do when you are capped ?

A capped epic only serves to worry me about balance. There are no easy answers but if you want a long term community then you had better start thinking about it more than the graphic resolution.

Cruzbroker
01-02-04, 13:52
There will be alot of changes. Think Gliders etc. at op fights, faction relations, stockx changes, SL changes.... It's not that simple like some took it..

Dribble Joy
01-02-04, 14:05
Why do I get a feeling that the whole red vs blue thing is going on.
Sure the NC vs DoY will be the main focus but..... ugh.

Benjie
01-02-04, 14:49
Originally posted by Darak
I was not amazed by the list as it did not solve any of my current problems:

What is there to do when you are capped ?

A capped epic only serves to worry me about balance. There are no easy answers but if you want a long term community then you had better start thinking about it more than the graphic resolution.
Frames Per Second problems, all solved. = Much Much better combat. (imagine combat at 50-60 fps)
Cap? try Blade Of Ceres skills.
Balance? Thats an ongoing thing. There will never be an "Ok thats about fixed the balance issues now guys, good work" thread or comment from anyone, because that day will never come. don't EVER ask for balance problems to be solved because you can only hope they will be improved. Doesn't that happen over time anyway? It will never all be 'fixed' in one patch, because as they introduce new things new things will need to be balanced.

Weazle
01-02-04, 15:11
Some great news ...... thanks KK ;)

ElfinLord
01-02-04, 16:48
Very good read!

I can't wait for more info and the game to actually release.

BTW, will there be a beta for this release? Or is there not enough time?

Also, will the WoC weapons and such replace the current rares as the items necessary to be effective in PvP?

Great job making the deadline!! Now let's hope that the release is on time and available to everyone.

Oh, one more thing, any idea about how much the "special" price will be for those of us who have been here for a while?

Argent
01-02-04, 17:30
Originally posted by Kasumi
Uhh I have asked this twice alread yin this thread in hope I would get an answer. Will there ever been an asian version of Neocron?

This at best a good guess and far from official answer but here comes.

I don't think KK has resources to translate or support asian playerbase so no, unless some Japanese game studio likes to do it for Neo like the French has done.

Darak
01-02-04, 17:39
Frames Per Second problems, all solved. = Much Much better combat. (imagine combat at 50-60 fps)

Yeah but i doubt that is a graphics issue is larger battles and i'm not really unhappy with the fps i get in combat... i just want more options with this sort of activity.

Cap? try Blade Of Ceres skills.
Will just be more leveling and an 'epic'. Thats not a long term solution, you really need some sorts of activities like MC5 but not so small and a lot more interesting.

Candaman
01-02-04, 17:46
I still haven't read anything that say i will only have to buy one copy for my three accounts or three seperate copies would MJS or any KK like to give me a answer?

ElfinLord
01-02-04, 17:51
Originally posted by Candaman
I still haven't read anything that say i will only have to buy one copy for my three accounts or three seperate copies would MJS or any KK like to give me a answer?
According to MJS's post in this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83797) thread, we won't have to.

However, stuff changes, so who knows? It would be nice to get an official statement to confirm this, though. ;)

KRIMINAL99
01-02-04, 18:01
You might hate the leveling treadmill..

But then once you stop leveling, you stop getting the feeling of progressing..

Anyway, if the WoC skill's where easy to get it'd be silly kinda, rather than somthing people aspire to, they see it as a must have..

I agree with your first statement 100%... but this doesn't fix the problem it just makes last only a little longer. And to be honest, making it so you have to run chaos caves 300 more times to get to the absolute final top point stretches that feeling very thinly...

Thats why I argue that a player must gamble his possesions in order for the game to stay fun continually.

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 18:39
I have a question about those City Gliders... it sounds like its an aerial subway or something - Will NExT be administrating that?

And (yes, related, but not that related) with the removal of safezones, will subway stations be anarchy zones as well - and will the NExT guards whup any and all faction enemies that dare use the subway, or will they be passive (still)? I realize that Protopharma runners MAY not be able to use the subway at all then (but imo its a quite fair consequence of being enemy to NExT - you can't use our services!)

VetteroX
01-02-04, 19:18
Good News: Sounds very interesting, gave us just about everything we asked for. In particular i will enjoy new places to explore (new pk spots) and the updated graphics.

Bad News: 4th Q 2004.... damn thats a long time... and its not just kk, 95% of games NEVER come out when they say they will... so Im guessing it will be August. Oh well, when it does hit I will pick it up, only being dead would stop be from that.... looks awesome.

Nidhogg
01-02-04, 19:27
Originally posted by VetteroX
Bad News: 4th Q 2004.... damn thats a long time... The release date is 2nd quarter, 2004. ;)

N

Kasumi
01-02-04, 19:33
Originally posted by Argent
This at best a good guess and far from official answer but here comes.

I don't think KK has resources to translate or support asian playerbase so no, unless some Japanese game studio likes to do it for Neo like the French has done.

PHOEY!! I figured that this might be what could be stopping them or not wont know untilk I get an official answer.. To be honest my friends want to play Neocron but uh they can't or wont because of language barrier.. *cries*

Zanathos
01-02-04, 19:34
Oh well, I guess I'll work on capping my PE and tank, then later decide what to do with my apu monk, wether to delete him and make something new or keep him, then level him up all the while slowly working on my ppu monk and my new tank im about to make on my clans "traders" account on pluto

I will wait, but I wont like it.

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 19:42
What if you guys did a player project to make a downloadable version (liek Bram's NC Launcher) that has all the words on the text ingame (rpos, item stats and infos, manual) changed to korean or mandarin or whatever's most common over there?

That way, NC becomes functionally accessible to asians, they could form communites inside the current servers or perhaps an small Asian company could buy a license to host a NC server for Asians (my gawd, I would invest in that, think of what it'd be like in Korea...)

Judge
01-02-04, 20:20
Originally posted by Heavyporker
(my gawd, I would invest in that, think of what it'd be like in Korea...)

Dear god no! After having seen some of Korean gaming Videos I can safely say that I want them nowhere near NC.... I think there would be too many deaths in Korea from Neocrack overdoses. :(

Shadow Dancer
01-02-04, 20:28
The release date is 2nd quarter, 2004. ;)

N

that really isn't that far away.

And i'm sure we'll have some cool patches between then and now.

Zanathos
01-02-04, 20:46
Lets all remember that a good amount of things that were to be in the expansion have already been added into Neocron.

Sefran
01-02-04, 20:56
Dont know if it been asked yet but will there be a new buddy system where u can view the ppl that are online/offline? Cause the buddy list is kinda way out of date...and very unusefull.

I hate to type in my entire buddy list all the time ''xxx are u online?'''

joran420
01-02-04, 21:26
btw in case ppl just havent figured it out 2nd quarter = next quarter

so that pretty damn soon ...looks like APril 2004 was about right when someone guessed it like a year ago

Argent
01-02-04, 21:28
Originally posted by Heavyporker
That way, NC becomes functionally accessible to asians, they could form communites inside the current servers or perhaps an small Asian company could buy a license to host a NC server for Asians (my gawd, I would invest in that, think of what it'd be like in Korea...)

Yeah, and the second some of them has problems Danae will be looking at e-mail filled with Japanese letters. Right o.

I assume it would be pretty hard to find people who speak fluent German/English and Japanese or Mandarin and then work as customer support.

But Kasumi, there a like ton of Japanese games I'd love to play, but can't because either they are not sold outside Japan or are only in Japanese. Time to learn a new language... and alphabet.... and culture.