PDA

View Full Version : bbc

___T-X____
31-01-04, 12:51
after a bad week for the BBC its good to see they've raised the bar on their journelism..http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3446059.stm

@ Bob, cheers found it

boneybob
31-01-04, 12:56
merged into patch facts ?

BB

;)

J. Folsom
31-01-04, 14:35
7. The man who invented Ctrl+Alt+Delete retired on Friday. David Bradley, 55, spent five minutes writing the computer code that has helped bail out millions of PC users, while working for IBM in the 1980s. "I may have invented it, but Bill Gates made it famous," Bradley said. Am I the only one who finds that funny? :lol:

Shelty1
31-01-04, 15:30
seems so ;p

t0tt3
31-01-04, 15:31
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Am I the only one who finds that funny? :lol:

Biggest thief all time = Bill Gates THA ripoffer :p

Bengalmin
31-01-04, 16:00
Bill gates made it famous by having such unstable operating systems :p

Valkyrie
31-01-04, 16:21
9. Cunning bargain hunters are roaming Ebay looking for misspelled goods which attract hardly any bids because they don't turn up in text searches. One man bought three Compaq laptops at a pittance simply by asking for "Compacts" instead.

Heh, cool.

MkVenner
31-01-04, 16:26
u know why they called it windows...

easy to break

WebShock
31-01-04, 19:06
wasn't windows bought for a pittance from zerox?

zerox saying that it was failure or something?

Hmm wonder how they feel about that now.

Bob Monkhouse
31-01-04, 19:15
Windows began as a joint venture between Big Blue (IBM) and Microsoft (Then just a small coding outfit).

At that time IBM programmers did most of the coding on windows, and due to a stupid way of paying coders (they were paid bonuses for writing more lines of code, hmmm, nice concepto_O ) Windows became a machine stopping failure. IBM said "This windows idea is great, why don't YOU take it as a gift Bill?", thinking they were lumbering MS with a white elephant. MS rewite code, Windows becomes the globe enslaving OS.

Oh, I believe Xerox prototyped a GUI with email browser WAAAY back, but apparently "It will never catch on" said the testers.......

Moofausa
31-01-04, 19:15
rofl at picture