PDA

View Full Version : fusion rifle/pistol

cloak
31-01-04, 04:39
basically their crap how about some loving

they could be so good aswell look at the tg guards :D

NS_CHROME54
31-01-04, 04:44
i do think the RoF should be increased on fusion pistols and rifles. the damage, however, should stay the same.

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:45
Executioner hurts like hell now. o_O

kurai
31-01-04, 04:58
I always thought the fusion rifle implementation was a stroke of genius.

I can imagine the devs chatting while at the pub for lunch one day...

Dev 1 : "Hey ! I have a great idea ! Let's make the fusion rifles a niche long range weapon"

Dev 2 : "Sounds good ! How about we do it so that it only delivers maximum damage towards the end of it's range, the opposite way to how we were thinking about rayguns ?"

Dev 1: "Brilliant ! That will work superbly when the rifle's range is 3 x the clipping plane distance !"

Dev 2 : "Hahaha - That will fuxx0r those pesky spies. Damn their skinny little bodies. Serves them right for daring to try to be anything other than a trade-bitch"

Dev 1 : "While I'm in a vindictive mood, how about we make sure there's no AoE effect either ?"

Dev 2: "You are an evil mastermind, Mr. Dev 1. Another beer before we head back to code it then ? [Hic]"

;)

cloak
31-01-04, 05:01
i got an artifact redeemer had it since like the start of retail and it suks, nice if i could finnaly use it

tried it today from one side of jericho to the other did like no damage at all

i recon the rate of fire is fine up the damage as it fires fast anyhow

IceStorm
31-01-04, 07:14
kurai nailed it for the rifles.

The pistols supposedly got fixed in the last patch. They're no longer stuck on the minimum damage level apparently and now reach max damage, which isn't hard for a pistol's short range. :-)

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 08:27
Executioner is very good now if you ask me this is as a pe using alot of drugs and not nearly capping damage. I was testing it on a ppu and i was quite impressed. Maybe the aiming could use a tad loving thats it.

cloak
31-01-04, 16:02
someone did mention the pistol version is a bit mint now but the rifle version still licks monkey balls

Judge
31-01-04, 16:06
So is it actually viable to use DIFFERENT pistols other than the Libby/RoLH now? Please say it is.... that would be soooo cooool :)

Ralendil
31-01-04, 16:26
judge rohl...

for me the best pistol atm...

and for PE i prefer the judge.

Libby aiming is very horrible in my opinion.

boneybob
31-01-04, 16:49
the redeemer needs love, but its always been one of them weapons that just looks cool buts realy crap.

more damage and Area Of Effect, not ROF. After all its FUSION, but come on, who uses the Redeemer? no one, coz its compleatly shite at close range and at long range you may as well get a SH coz the redeemer swirly gives your position away, plus...

....... the rate of travel on redeemer shots is shockingly bad as well, again this can give your position away easy.

not much point in useing a Redeemer currently, so i think it could definaitly do with some lovein, but its the only fusion weapon thats crap, the others are good.

BB

FirestarXL
31-01-04, 16:54
Yes, give the redeemer AOE, and suddenly it becomes a niche weapon for spies that is actually worth using for things other than pure levelling.

boneybob
31-01-04, 16:58
so is that aproval, or sarchasm?

"sorry about the spelling:D "

BB

FirestarXL
31-01-04, 17:01
Sarcasm? Hell no ( although I do use it, often not spotted). :p

I'ev been on about giving the deemer AOE for ages. Falls on deaf ears of course, but we're used to that.

Omnituens
31-01-04, 17:46
Originally posted by kurai
Dev 2: "You are an evil mastermind, Mr. Dev 1. Another beer before we head back to code it then ? [Hic]

so the dev team DO dream up ideas and code them while pissed

i knew it!

bet they where stoned when they thought up the hybrid nerf

boneybob
31-01-04, 17:49
ah ;) . Yer im also a beliver that both Plasma and Fusion weapons should do AOE damage but the area its self should be determined by what type of weapon it is (EG pistol, rifle or heavy)

Heavy weapons= large AOE (stay as they are currently)

Rifles= Big AOE (just a tad smaller than heavy weapons)

(yes i realise i left out medium)

Pistols= Small AOE (appart from Rocket pisstol, which could do with a boost in every thing, dam, AOE and ROF)

BB

cloak
01-02-04, 03:15
I like the aoe idea but im still certain it needs a damage boost or lower the distance required for max damage

cloak
01-02-04, 16:20
I was doing some pvp last night with my redeemer and even at huge range it still needs to do about double the damage it does or maybe a third extra

L0KI
01-02-04, 16:21
For any weapon to be viable in PvP, it has to do max damage at close range.

I mean, fair enough, u COULD snipe with it, but who wouldnt see a huge orange blob of fusion hurling towards their face?

Besides, thats what sniper rifles are for.

IMO, this should happen:

1. Lower the TL SLIGHTLY on the rare fusion weapons
2. Same damage regardless of range, however a bonus is added if u are a certain distance away - KEEP THEM VIABLE...
3. Slight damage boost on the rifle in particular.

Omnituens
01-02-04, 18:50
Originally posted by L0KI
but who wouldnt see a huge orange blob of fusion hurling towards their face?
you'd be suprised :p

Heavyporker
01-02-04, 19:13
yep...

up redeemer damage and make it attain max damage at middle of its range (at least until clipping plane is fixed)

Dont think rof should be upped.

AoE for all fusion.. hell yes.

Rocket pistols shouldn't have damage upped but RoF SHOULD be upped, all right. Give pistols a special ammo mod for non-AoE homing rounds that does pure force!

cloak
02-02-04, 22:09
sounds good as currently they give new meaning to the word crap

Slick
02-02-04, 22:10
they suck the need to do more damage and rof should be increased as well.

boneybob
02-02-04, 23:52
every thing in the thread is RIGHT!

this is the way the fusion weapons, the rocket pistol ECT ECT... this is the way they should be!

its a shame no one started this poast as a Poll eh?, they should realy re-think thease guns, i expecialy agree with what LOKI said about the redeemer, i dont know if i forgot to mention it, but that gun needs to be more like a sniper rifle and less like a giant orange dildo with a ball of swiling light on the end.- equaly as usefull of course:p

BB

Trip
03-02-04, 03:04
bump the entire damn thing up on the redeemer. Better aim, better damage, AoE, better RoF...at the moment its just a spark gun.

The huge orange blob thing would severely hinder the sniping ability so thats good IMO...a support weapon should be what it should be aiming for. C'mon, 3 damage types is just uber for laying the smackdown. I can see it becoming an OP war thing.

VetteroX
03-02-04, 04:46
snowcrash or someone said rifles will never get aoe, so stop asking... his words... I know it was some dev. executioner is VERY strong now, fusion rifles still suck.... just up the damage.

TheEnemy
03-02-04, 05:10
In beta, fusion weapons were among the best (particularly pistols, the rifles were ok), they should be made viable again.

However, at least there is good balance among the pistols for high level characters now. I have seen all sorts of different pistols being used by PEs and Spies since the last patch. Good job KK :)

jernau
03-02-04, 05:24
Originally posted by VetteroX
snowcrash or someone said rifles will never get aoe, so stop asking... his words... I know it was some dev. executioner is VERY strong now, fusion rifles still suck.... just up the damage.

It was Callash.

I think riflers should get an AoE weapon for levelling, like the MRLs for pistolers. Something aimed purely at PvM to avoid any risk of imbalance by letting spies do tank-work in OP wars (I'm sure some idiot thinks that's likely :rolleyes: ).

If the weapons are <TL80 or 90 and not very accurate (like rocket pistols maybe a very small amount better) that would keep them out of PvP but still allow riflers to level properly. Why should rifles be the only combat method with no AoE considering the huge difference in levelling speed with and without it?

A really easy solution IMO would be to move the grenade launchers to rifles and tweak the TLs a bit - tanks don't use them as they have plenty of far better AoE options available. Also tweak the MRLs up a bit TL-wise

Putting AoE on the Redeemer might be risky as it could be used to lay down accurate AE fire from positions miles behind the front-lines where the defenders can't return fire onto.

El_MUERkO
03-02-04, 12:36
Executioner hurts like a mofo now, further to that I'm selling a uber 3 free slot one & a redeemer on the pluto ingame auction forums :D

IceStorm
03-02-04, 12:52
Putting AoE on the Redeemer might be risky as it could be used to lay down accurate AE fire from positions miles behind the front-lines where the defenders can't return fire onto.
Only in the Evil Cartman Parallel Universe where the engine properly displays all the way out to the edge of the Redeemer's range.

I'm waiting for the day when the engine is fixed. I have four or five sets of Redeemer parts collecting dust, waiting for that day. Sadly, I'll probably cap another Spy before that day comes, though. :-(

Milksh@ke
03-02-04, 15:01
assuming I'm correct in thinking, the Redeemer and Executioner are the rifle and pistol equivalents of the Malediciton, so why aren't they?

I think that almost says it all :)

cloak
03-02-04, 17:32
indeed i don't care how they boost erm just make erm viable pvp please

evs
03-02-04, 18:42
Dev 2 : "Hahaha - That will fuxx0r those pesky spies. Damn their skinny little bodies. Serves them right for daring to try to be anything other than a trade-bitch"

rofl genius :lol:

cloak
03-02-04, 20:15
its funny cos its true

booost zee dam redeemer

cloak
03-02-04, 22:46
either that or remove it as a rare completly and give spy's some kind of tactical nuke firing rifle