PDA

View Full Version : Looks like KK finally destroyed APU poison. *sigh*

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:27
I can deal with athletics penalty. I can deal with a stronger cs. But this is just going too far. I go to pp1, and I crash. I come back with 9 poison stacks. I have 0 poison resist, and sometimes 3 poison beams kill me. So i have like 50 health left and i'm fully expecting to die. I zone to p3 real quick to die in a safespot.

But something magically happens. The poison doesn't kill me. As a matter of fact, my HP doesn't even move. it stays at 50.

I knew something was weird. Yesterday I stacked a hybrid with like a bazillion poison, and he zoned and his health wasn't even scratched. He hadn't casted anti poison yet.

It turns out, if you zone all the poison stacks stop hurting. wow. Looks like the final nail in the coffin of apu poison. I guess it wasn't good enough to have low damage output, drugs, and 20 something seconds with wich to heal through the damage. I guess it wasn't enough that poison was practically worthless in op wars because of the bazillion counters that ppus have at their disposable.

Now this too? Why? It's so stupid. With some semi-decent poison resist, Hl does more damage. HL is INSTANT as well. Delayed damage was already a bad thing people, hellooo. Do you know how worthless holy pestilence was OVERALL? ONE drug takes away ONE stack. And it's a TL 110 poison spell. Anti poison sanctum is almost complete immunity. Antidote, saves your ass as well.

Have 30 hp left? 1 hl wold kill you instantly. Hell 1 energy beam would kill you instantly. But not poison, oh no. You can run to a ppu to ask for a heal, or ask for his antidote. Or just run to his sanctum so he's not even bothered at all!

KK should just make poison damage instant, and hell make shelter protect against it. Now with this zoning crap, I see no reason to use apu poison. Devourer isn't hurt much, because it's poison damage is done within 1-2 seconds. Now you don't need ANY poison resist whatsoever.

Got 20 stacks on you(when energy beam would have killed you within 10 hits)? No problem, just zone and you're saved. Hell now you don't even need poison resist.

Actualy you do need poison resist, in the super extremely unlikely event you fight an apu without a ppu(not on pluto :rolleyes: ) out all the way in the wastes FAR away from a zone point. In which case it would be stupid for him to use poison since you could kill him before all the poison does it's damage, unlike insta-hit weapons. Can a spy get hit by 7 HLs and zone to reduce the damage? of course not, lol.

I'm struggling to find a use for poison spells now. And as long as it's 21 seconds long, I just can't see any use anymore. NOW it's crap.

For those of you who say it's a good thing, please explain why. And I don't mean frothing "rofl I like to see apus fucked" nonsensical stupidity. I mean good actual reasons.

You want this to be like other weapons and not do damage when the person has zoned? Then make it instant. THX

Rade
31-01-04, 04:32
Stop playing zonehopacron and go to some real places to PvP
instead of PP1.

Rade
31-01-04, 04:33
altho I think the poison spells should be buffed, you know that. I
dont know if this zoning into safe makes poison stop hurting
thingie is bad tho, I expect it might be a counter to those stupid
exploits people do when they zone and apu spells are still
hurting in another zone.

**edit: but I do like to see apus fucked! :p

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:34
Originally posted by Rade
Stop playing zonehopacron and go to some real places to PvP
instead of PP1.

What a stupid comment. This doesn't have anything to do with the thread. This doesn't even make sense. This applies to supposedly "real" places as well. Many times zone points are close by. Like CRP. Or ops(with the ug and shit). Or just gring out with 80 stacks on you.

If it was somehow coded so that the poisonER zones and the poison stops, instead of any one of them zoning and the poison stopping, then it would be ok.

Now go away and stealth as usual because a few hls hit you. :rolleyes:

Zoning is like stealthing btw. So it's a bit laughable that YOU complain about it.

ZoneVortex
31-01-04, 04:38
you know how many times in the last like 3 days i've been killed by someone who comes down , poison beams me, then zones to avoid SL loss? like 5 million

so now i can play his game and zone to avoid death, fixing his little bullshit exploiting to avoid SL loss. Bam eat that .

though i'm thinkin' it's probably actually an unintended bug :eek:

Rade
31-01-04, 04:39
this is amusing, how is zoning like stealthing? Zoning is a clumpsy
solution to computer limitations which is exploited by players.
Stealth is a tool granted to a class and is worked into the class
balance. I fail to see the connection.

Now stop being so damn touchy, theres alot of reasons for this
fix, and I think they outweigh the negatives because for me the
fight that goes on 3 meters inside PP is pointless and useless
anyway, it proves nothing and it feels more productive to
regurgitate a gallon of milk. However, I still think that the damage
on poison spells should be greatly increased, but keep the DoT
effect ffs...

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:39
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
you know how many times in the last like 3 days i've been killed by someone who comes down , poison beams me, then zones to avoid SL loss? like 5 million

so now i can play his game and zone to avoid death, fixing his little bullshit exploiting to avoid SL loss. Bam eat that .

though i'm thinkin' it's probably actually an unintended bug :eek:

How about making all the poison damage instant? woulda fixed that too.

Rade
31-01-04, 04:41
Make poison damage instant. yeah. lets make all apu spells the
same but with different color o_O

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:42
this is amusing, how is zoning like stealthing? Zoning is a clumpsy
solution to computer limitations which is exploited by players.
Stealth is a tool granted to a class and is worked into the class
balance. I fail to see the connection.

They both are used to easily escape battle.

That's the connection.

Now stop being so damn touchy,

Nope. This was a serious thread that I made looking for serious responses, not foolishness that has NOTHING to do with the damn thread.

Now stop being so damn touchy, theres alot of reasons for this
fix, and I think they outweigh the negatives because for me the
fight that goes on 3 meters inside PP is pointless and useless
anyway, it proves nothing and it feels more productive to
regurgitate a gallon of milk. However, I still think that the damage
on poison spells should be greatly increased, but keep the DoT
effect ffs...

Making poison damage instant woulda fixed the problem too.
How can this outweight the negatives? There are barely any positives. Are you telling me if I see you at crp and stack you 12 times and you run inside the cave and avoid 90% of the damage, that that's ok???

Puh leez

This isn't just about pp1.

VetteroX
31-01-04, 04:49
Shadow... just stop. HLs damage is off the scale... if there was a overpowered damage detector made by Proffesor Frink (sp?) like his sarcasm detector for comic book guy, it would go off the scale and explode when measuring HL for its damage and RoF. I dueled some tanks in nf with my apu, and I just laughed to myself... it was a joke. I felt the same as when I used blacksun on my pe cvs tanks... there was no sense of accomplishment, I didnt have to aim, it kept hitting cause of lag AFTER my aim was off them so I could aim hold down, then run around like a maniiac and still 2 hls would hit em.

Apus do more damage then any other class, they can keep hitting after the guys run behind a wall or stealthed NO OTHER ATTACK BUT BEAMS/BARRELS CAN DO THIS SHIT. You can target legs and knock them out in ONE hit if you get lucky and roll a high damage hl blast (i did this in a number of duels, felt VERY cheap)

HL is insane enough, so you have one insane weapon and one bad weapon, deal with it. all classes do.

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:52
Originally posted by VetteroX
Shadow... just stop. HLs damage is off the scale... if there was a overpowered damage detector made by Proffesor Frink (sp?) like his sarcasm detector for comic book guy, it would go off the scale and explode when measuring HL for its damage and RoF. I dueled some tanks in nf with my apu, and I just laughed to myself... it was a joke. I felt the same as when I used blacksun on my pe cvs tanks... there was no sense of accomplishment, I didnt have to aim, it kept hitting cause of lag AFTER my aim was off them so I could aim hold down, then run around like a maniiac and still 2 hls would hit em.

Apus do more damage then any other class, they can keep hitting after the guys run behind a wall or stealthed NO OTHER ATTACK BUT BEAMS/BARRELS CAN DO THIS SHIT. You can target legs and knock them out in ONE hit if you get lucky and roll a high damage hl blast (i did this in a number of duels, felt VERY cheap)

Nothing to do with the thread at all.

HL is insane enough, so you have one insane weapon and one bad weapon, deal with it. all classes do.

Nope i won't deal with it. :rolleyes: How often does a class have a good or decent weapon, THEN it becomes crap?

And because other classes go through it, doesn't make it OK. Oh yea, btw fire apoc is crap. So are our rare barrels. So much for 1 bad weapon.

:rolleyes:

Scikar
31-01-04, 04:52
If an APU poisons someone, then zones away, then the poison should stop. Zone in - poison - zone out sucks. But if you get poisoned and zone away the stacks stop? That's just stupid. It only promotes zone hopping even more. Poison was one of the best ways to deal with zone hoppers. Until now.

Clyde
31-01-04, 04:54
could be a bug, but if it isnt its good to see that no longer the is the posion then zone and watch him come running out and heading near the gr and die, i always thought that was cheap, even being a apu on saturn. but you can always just switch over to fire if that isnt affected.

VetteroX
31-01-04, 04:55
Shadow, I honestly want you to do something. Make a pe, or a tank. Cap him. Fight with him EVERY day vs apus, so for once you can be on the other side of the fence. I have a capped apu.. I like him, hes fun. but against anything other then a ppu hl is just sick, as are the other spells... today I was pking at mb, and was fighting a tank... got him to about 2/3 hp and of course, he ran. A mid level apu interjected... I dunno why tbh, he was tangent. Maybe he had watched my battles at mb and just didnt wanna see another coward get away. His fire halo dropped the tank 2X faster then my lib (tl 91, RARE weapon) ever could.

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:56
Originally posted by Clyde
could be a bug, but if it isnt its good to see that no longer the is the posion then zone and watch him come running out and heading near the gr and die, i always thought that was cheap, even being a apu on saturn. but you can always just switch over to fire if that isnt affected.

Barreling and zoning was fixed. Therefore i'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that any attack you do with delayed damage will STOP once you or the victim zones.

VetteroX
31-01-04, 04:57
the point is you have the best weapon in the game, HL. Why does poison beam need to be awesome too? play a different class ffs and fight apus instead of always being one... Im a pe i think stealth should be nerfed or taken from pes, get a sense of fairness for gods sake... you really think you should be able to stack a tank or pe with 3 satcks of poison and get 50's comming up and THEN add you holy lightning to it? Jesus...

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:58
Shadow, I honestly want you to do something. Make a pe, or a tank. Cap him. Fight with him EVERY day vs apus, so for once you can be on the other side of the fence. I have a capped apu.. I like him, hes fun. but against anything other then a ppu hl is just sick, as are the other spells... today I was pking at mb, and was fighting a tank... got him to about 2/3 hp and of course, he ran. A mid level apu interjected... I dunno why tbh, he was tangent. Maybe he had watched my battles at mb and just didnt wanna see another coward get away. His fire halo dropped the tank 2X faster then my lib (tl 91, RARE weapon) ever could.

What the hell does this have to do with anything? I don't care what YOU think about HL vet. Don't you understand that this thread is about poison?

Btw You know that fire spells are crap right? You said it yourself.
Fire beam is even worse. Holy fire halo is ABYSMAL. And fire halo is not even worth mentioning.

Don't give me that crap of the apu dropping the tank 2x faster than lib with a damn fire halo. That's just a plain lie.

Ack, i'm getting dragged off topic. Sorry vet, make your own little thread complaining about HL or talk to me in-game. But this thread is about APU POISON! So if you have nothing to say about that, then please go away.

ZoneVortex
31-01-04, 05:00
Use Psi attack 2 it's far superior

Clyde
31-01-04, 05:00
the only bitch about posion is that antidote only takes away one stack which makes it mostly useless

Ferabukoo
31-01-04, 05:06
posion is great in op wars shad.. wtf you talkinga bout.. i dont know how many people ive killed with posion alone :)

ezza
31-01-04, 05:06
poison maybe sucking cos that person had a shitty beam, i dunno.

i got 2 stacks on my tank earlier and it seemed to take similar damage to what it would of done pre patch:confused:

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 05:07
Originally posted by ezza

i got 2 stacks on my tank earlier and it seemed to take similar damage to what it would of done pre patch:confused:

grrr, read the thread.

:p

Originally posted by Ferabukoo
posion is great in op wars shad.. wtf you talkinga bout.. i dont know how many people ive killed with posion alone :)

Are you joking dude? With the million ppus i see with anti-poison sanct and holy caht sanct or just plain antidote. Everytime I use it it barely has any effect.

o_O

Now they can just zone to the UG however.

ZoneVortex
31-01-04, 05:07

did you zone to see if you were still getting hurt by it after zoning?

ezza
31-01-04, 05:08
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
did you zone to see if you were still getting hurt by it after zoning? no didnt need to zone the monk was dead:lol:

and what your talking about isnt a problem with poison being nerfed its just something fucke up in the patch

ZoneVortex
31-01-04, 05:10
no didnt need to zone the monk was dead:lol:

hehe what shad's talkin about is that if you zone the poison does literally 0 damage to you :cool:

Shadow Dancer
oops

no didnt need to zone the monk was dead:lol:

and what your talking about isnt a problem with poison being nerfed its just something fucke up in the patch

I don't know, I think it was intentional. I'm gonna post in the discussion thread.

ezza
you gonna quote me without saying anything:confused:

hmm is it effecting devourer does anyone know with the poison mods on them?

Ferabukoo
31-01-04, 05:12
i think they did more bad than good with teh patch

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 05:14

hmm is it effecting devourer

Yes. Because I noticed if I zoned and had a few devourer stacks, they wouldn't do any damage.

But I wouldn't worry too much, you have to be right next to a zone point since they only last like 1-2 seconds.

ezza
31-01-04, 05:14
well im not worried about my dev, im more worried about them fucking up stacked weapons full stop.

anyone tried then with say fire apoc?

Q`alooaith
31-01-04, 05:28
Maybe it only happen's when you go into a safe zone..

Try again but zone from pepper 1 to pepper 2 or somthing..

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 05:34
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Maybe it only happen's when you go into a safe zone..

Try again but zone from pepper 1 to pepper 2 or somthing..

O_o

Ok, going to try that. I think it's the same though.

Ezza, fire apoc seems to still work. At least that's what my "target" said when I tried it on him and he zoned. :p

EDIT: Ok same deal, I knew it. :(

If KK wants the apu to stay in the same zone, that's fine. I still think it's a nerf, but it's much much much more tolerable than if the poison stops working if the VICTIM zones and not the apu.

Q`alooaith
31-01-04, 05:38
tell me how it goe's..

Though if the tick's carry on when you zone into a same state zone then you'll know..

So many time's people would zone into safe zone's, only to find that the posion stack would kill them no matter what they did, and other silly effects..

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 05:39
Edited my above post.

Ehyuko
31-01-04, 05:39
There is no poison bug, Shadow it's you or your client [OMG H4X].

I've fought in pp1 while zoning back and forth and have been killed by poison after zoning, in fact poison now does MORE damage now then I've ever seen it do.

This also works in anarchy/anarchy, anarchy/safe, hunting/safe, so I really suggest you try that again shadow and then inform us of your results... if poison damage can be negated client side... that's a pretty decent exploit.

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 05:51
Originally posted by Ehyuko
There is no poison bug, Shadow it's you or your client [OMG H4X].

No you're wrong. :)

I have 0 resist. And many times 3-4 poison beams kill me, if I don't take drugs. You're telling me I miraculously survived 9 poison beams that just happened to stop doing damage when I hit 50 health(but kept ticking on for a bit)? If it was my client, wouldn't this be like an opposite yoyo bug? Where I should die even if my health still pops back up. And if that's the case, why didn't I see anymore damage on cyl0n after 5 stacks of poison once he zoned? I saw it do damage to him before he zoned though.

Come on Ehyuko.

I'll test it with you RIGHT NOW.

Are you on?

Ehyuko
31-01-04, 06:09
Sec I'll log on and you can test my lovely poison resist.