PDA

View Full Version : erm NC keeps minimizing itself?? ...

DX-Defender
31-01-04, 03:28
after installing patch 195 i started NC up and once i hit the login screen it minimized itself, everytime i tried to maximize it NC would just minimize itself again, hit the task manager and close it, restart nc and get the same thing everytime... ive even tried reinstalling nc and it still does it.. =\

anyone know any problems like this with the new patch?

Psychoninja
31-01-04, 03:55
Robbeh got nerfed!

Sry, dunno how to help :(

DX-Defender
31-01-04, 07:49
har! you evil kk wenchs cant keep me down!!

BramTops
31-01-04, 13:07
Try removing as many processes as possible from your process-list.

Looks like something is "stealing" your neocron-window focus.

(I must minimize WinBar (http://www.winbar.nl) for example before starting the game, or else it will just jump back to my desktop)

Drake6k
31-01-04, 13:12
Get out of as many programs as possible before starting Neocron. Or as BramTops said remove as many processes as you can. Also try hitting alt tab to pull it back up instead of your mouse.

ElfinLord
31-01-04, 13:14
Do you have a firewall or anti-virus running in the background?

Also, does it minimize after you touch a key, or does it just do it on its own?

Run dxdiag and see what it says. Also go through the usual steps, scan for viruses and check for spyware.

Good luck. :)

BramTops
31-01-04, 13:14
Almost forgot: esspecially look for "always on top" programs and keyboard/mouse thingies in the system tray...

J. Folsom
31-01-04, 14:03
And if all else fails you can alays run Neocron windowed.

Just add the line "PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"", to your neocron.ini (Except change 1024x768 to your preferred resolution), then hold shift while running Neocron, and change your resolution thingamabob to WindowMode.