PDA

View Full Version : A simple idea that could make PvP so much better

Lethys
31-01-04, 00:57
OK, it's a simple idea.

After you zone into an area, you have to wait 10 seconds to leave that zone.

2 examples of where this would be good.

1. OP fight
The attacking clan forces the defending clan to fall back into the UG, where they are now safe because KK (rather stupidly imo) linked the UG entrance to the OPs security settings. The defending clan proceeds to send up one person to drop turrets, barrels, poison etc, kill hacker and then zone down. This can go on for a long time. If my idea was implemented, then the defenders would have to think carefully before zoning up.
Yes it would force defenders to zerg rush, but IMO that's better than the alternatives.

2. PP fight.
In PP fights, people like to jump between p3/pp1, or pp/subway, and this can get very boring, for both sides. This would put a stop to it. Again, it would encourage zerg rushing, but I still think that's better than zone hopping.

Oh, and remove all guards from zone lines and anywhere near them please.

And sort out turrets.
And para.

Glok
31-01-04, 00:59
30 seconds.

Sefran
31-01-04, 01:01
30 sec...non stealther wouldnt go in PP again then

Lethys
31-01-04, 01:01
Originally posted by Glok
30 seconds.

I think that would be too harsh. 10 seconds is enough to stop zone-hopping, while not having much effect outside PvP. Which is what I think it should do.

Glok
31-01-04, 01:02
People would still go in, but with the intention of actually having a fight, not just playing zoning games.

Cruzbroker
31-01-04, 01:02
1. I don't see it as a big problem. Maybe 5 seconds at max.
2. PP is still not the only place to fight. Well, I don't consider it fun anyway.

Sefran
31-01-04, 01:06
Ya right glok for example u zone in with lets say a apu or even a tank , u run into a ppu and apu what u gonne do then just watch until u are dying or u gonne try to run ? U wont get very far wiht it since u cant zone back cause the 30 sec (wich is way to long)

Bad idea

Glok
31-01-04, 01:09
How about 15 sec then? I just think 10 sec isn't enough.

Sefran
31-01-04, 01:12
Still pp would be for stealthers only cause how long would u last against 2-3 ppl including a ppu without be able to just simply zone away....i would like to see u handling that. Idea might be great in theory cause of the lame apu poison poison , zone zone (wich i hate v much), but practical i dont find it working at all....

Scikar
31-01-04, 01:13
10-15 sounds about right to me. 30 means if you zone into a DoY bot infested zone as a pro-city runner you have no chance, 10-15 seconds at least gives you a chance at survival.

There certainly needs to be a limit though, I've seen all too many cases where someone zones back and forth, e.g. goes in and out of Chaos Caves, Pepper Park, OP undergrounds.

I can't imagine the constant synching being much good for the server either. *hint hint* ;)

Lethys
31-01-04, 01:15
Oh yeah, just thought of one problem. Currently, the only way of resetting combat rank is to zone repeatedly.

So KK should put in a new command:

/set reset_rank 1

Shouldn't be hard to put in, and would make life so much easier for a lot of people :)

Sefran
31-01-04, 01:15
This would make stealth a must in some cases like PP, if u know there are enemies there lets say 5vs1 why would any1 even bother to go in without stealth?? Playing a hero is sometimes fun, but playing one and know u will have a certain death if u zone in kinda sucks to me....

Drake6k
31-01-04, 01:21
Deal with it... it would suck zoning in the wastelands when two zone lines are together. When safe zones are gone who cares.

Owain
31-01-04, 03:15
So I'm walking along zoning, and in that next zone is 2 Grim Chasers and a few of his buddies. So I try to zone before they agro me, but I can't do that because of the 10 second rule (:p). There goes my 100k PA.

BAD IDEA, because there are spawning points near zone lines. IF that was changed then I think it's pretty cool.

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 03:17
Should atleast be there for safe zone to non safe zone zonings!

Xian
31-01-04, 04:19
I think you should be allowed to instantly leave a zone once, but if you go back into that zone straight afterwards you're stuck in there for x amount of time. This would allow people to cross a zone and say "whoops, I've made a mistake" or "whoops, theres a holy pestilence on the floor" and leave once.