PDA

View Full Version : Need official response: Hotfix for rare damage?

KramerTheWeird
30-01-04, 23:53
If there is one mistake you can at least bring up and tell us if it'll be fixed any time soon, this is it. Lupus has said 90% of rares have had a boost in power, which was an accident. So is this going to be fixed? Because right now people are likely thinking up different setups and lom'ing and spending time and money to do this. If it's something that won't be fixed until next patch, then let us know, if it's a hotfix then tell us now so we don't waste time on adjusting setups for a temporarily boosted item.

Glok
31-01-04, 00:00
Watching tanks kill monks with a CS in seconds is hilarious though, don't you think? 8|

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 00:03
Nothing wrong with monks dying, lots, but we need some official word here, not some iffy "oops" without furthur explanation.

Dribble Joy
31-01-04, 00:08
I concur.

Glok
31-01-04, 00:09
Agreed... but thanny has stated that the next patch will be next week in the facts thread... so I think we are looking at a week of this madness.

Mirco
31-01-04, 00:11
Yea. I`m amazed that this info or what they are going to do with it hasn`t been made sticky on the announcement or community forums.

My vehicles have boosted very much as well. That was not in the patch notes. If it was unintentional I`m going to savour these days in my memeory.

Xian
31-01-04, 00:13
Originally posted by Glok
Agreed... but thanny has stated that the next patch will be next week in the facts thread... so I think we are looking at a week of this madness.

Probably on Monday. Releasing things on a Friday is just asking for something bad to happen over the weekend when no-one is really there to fix it immediately.

Scikar
31-01-04, 00:39
Well, it is possible that KK realised there's fairly big balance problems in this game, and generally, if you look through the forums we can't really agree on anything, except to remove parashock. If the devs listen to the forums, they do the wrong thing, if they don't, they do the wrong thing, so maybe they took matters into their own hands and fixed it their own way?

I don't know enough about what's changed to say whether it's balanced or not now, but maybe this isn't all an accident?

Clownst0pper
31-01-04, 00:44
Knowing KK's lack of customer service ill talk to you again in a month.

Oh harsh but true :eek:

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 04:10
Well, Reakktor?

Forget My Name
31-01-04, 04:14
-crickets-

VetteroX
31-01-04, 04:18
vechicle damage was boosted an insane amount... I charged a tank in a jeep... VERY bad idea, i died in no time, even with dodging... too much power in my opinion.

Rade
31-01-04, 04:23
Honestly Im not really sure if any of the changes in the patch was
bad. I mean I can live with tanks being more powerfull than PEs
in 1vs1.. well its a bit weird that they nerfed PE stealth if that
was the intention but whatever. Regardless, tank'o'cron was/is
fun whereas monk'o'cron is just plain ********. I dont mind playing a
underdog PE if tankocron is where its heading, rather that than
what we have/had pre-patch.

BombShell
31-01-04, 04:25
i might be called crazy but i love the boost. even thou pes r almost killing me now with judge. and cs damage has improved. i like it. now battles arnt 5 mins long.

i dont mind if thay never fix it. its getting closer to beta times now when kills was ezy :)

Rade
31-01-04, 04:28
yeah same here.. I like shorter combats, I wouldnt mind if all
weapons did 50% more dmg on players across the board.

BombShell
31-01-04, 04:33
yah now its almost real battles non of this tanking shit. man radei remeber u posting a thread of a battle with ur heart beating hard.

i had that the other day havnt had it in a long time aginst a judge PE. i was like @@ damn that was fun

i wouldnt care if i die or not becasue i had the rush :)

Rade
31-01-04, 04:40
nod, I still think runspeeds are a little high and damage a bit low
but we're getting there, its definately an improvement anyway.

Slick
31-01-04, 04:43
The damage increase was needed anyway!

ps www.stopwhine.com

Scikar
31-01-04, 04:48
Yeah it certainly helps for suspension of disbelief when a clip of ammo actually seriously hurts someone. :p

ezza
31-01-04, 04:51
i love the shorter fights, it makes it more exciting, might be just be but i want the blood rushing when i fight, not some boring 20minute battle

Mirco
31-01-04, 05:43
When you guys speak about fights are these 1 on 1 fights or small scirmishes? Reason I ask is because I haven`t seen how the changes effect op-fights.

Some people like long op-fights. I wish them to be "shorter". Shorter might not be the right word as I think if its easier to die, people will change their tactics after a while. Its just that I feel sometimes that when fighting large groups, like in op-fights its like stabbing a pin into gel. When you remove the pin the gel seals up and leaves almost no trace at all. What is needed is a giant spoon to hurt the gel as to much of the damage is soaked up in the defensive slag. I enjoy 1 on 1 fights more than op-fights. Not to say that I don`t enjoy op-fights and I know that 1on1 and op-fights is two very different things, but I try to imagine the 1 on 1 hand shaking (yea I still get the hart pound and the shakey hands) tension combined with op-fight.

In a way the weapon boost could work the same way a nerf of ppu buffs would. Perhaps I`m making a dodgy connection here, but as I haven`t seen one ppu complain yet it might be that a nerf of the ppu buffs(if we hadn`t gotten the weapon boost) would make NC a little more fast paced. PPU`s still play a vital role, but not so much as we are used to. I haven`t really tried NC pvp much since the patch so I might be waaaaay of the mark, I don`t know if the weapon boost makes any fundamental changes to op-fights and its probably to early to draw any conclussions(the few times I did PvP I was so charged I didn`t really noticed any difference. This was non-ppu fights).

If you feel like me that the ppu is still making to big an influence on PvP (I have not seen the raptor in action yet, it might balance things a little) we should take this opportunity and look at the weapon boost as a PPU "nerf" and when/if the hot fix comes next week gather our experiences in a single thread and discuss it.

I have to say that I always has thought the defence being to strong or the offence to low in NC (except when being attacked by a monk as a spy).

RayBob
31-01-04, 06:32
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Well, Reakktor?
Originally posted by Forget My Name
-crickets- :lol: :lol: :lol: