PDA

View Full Version : Neg ATH on PAs: Why?

Psychoninja
30-01-04, 21:06
Seriously, did one of the devs at KK jut wake up one morning and say, " hey, lets nerf PA all together for no reason"

I didn't see this being discussed on the forums which really peeves me, did I miss something? The ath hit is just not worth it. GJ for making PA even more useless. Im' sure it doesn't affect monks as much as it does tanks, but either way it sucks, specialy for tanks. Was there a real reason for the switch from Agil to ath?

Jest
30-01-04, 21:12
In some ways I understand the athletics hit, but man, that PA is so friggin heavy. If they keep the athletics hit then at least make it weigh a hell of a lot less. Seriously, how heavy is a cloak?

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 21:15
the ATH penalty is too much. Even with the -16 agility before was a hard hit for apus, kuz we would have to increase our ATH a bit. runspeed isn't split evenly between ath and ag the way people think.

What I mean is, a 75/75 person will run faster than a 50/100 person.

So -25 ath? Holy christ, that's huge. way too much and very unfair towards apu.

Constantin
30-01-04, 21:31
fully agree
remove atl penalty at tank pa

Psychoninja
30-01-04, 21:32
I can already see less tanks wearing PA. It doesn't affect monks as much, but it won't keep them from wearing it considering it's nearly essential with the DS and Core nerf. bleh, thats the most I can say about it :(

SirRah
30-01-04, 21:35
well at least change the atl to agl and maybe change it back to the old numbers. that wouldnt unbalance APUs..... as it is you either suffer in runspeed or/and in hlt + resists.

the only thing between the death and the APU is the APU's runspeed....

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 21:36
For next week's patch!

Originally posted by Thanatos

- Changed monk PA penalty from -15/20/25/30 (PA1/2/3/4) Athletics to -10/15/20/25 Agility.

Genty
30-01-04, 21:37
Personally I think it would effect ATL, AGL and END, I would much prefer a hit of

-10 AGL, -10 ATL - 5 END or
-5 AGL, -5 ATL, -5 END

I feel there needs to be some hit on your running speed, having less Agility, Athletics and Endurance makes sence to me while you are wearing quite a heavy thing.

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 21:40
Very few tanks seem to wear PA except to look cool on my server. Alot of them I talk to say they go for Viper King armor instead.

I think all power armor needs a drawback, but why athletics? If anything, it should boost athletics. It's POWER armor for a reason, it's supposed to amplify your movements and so forth. Especially tanks, I don't understand at all. Power armor should let them move faster with a weapon out, the hydraulics kicking in to compensate for the huge cannon on their shoulder, those huge calf plates should have auto-stabilizers to keep a person steady as they're firing a huge rocket, that sort of thing.

I know it's KK's game and all, but that is sort of the way power armor works in every single piece of science fiction I have ever seen.

Psychoninja
30-01-04, 22:00
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
For next week's patch!

huh!?
It's being changed back?

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 22:02
Originally posted by Psychoninja
huh!?
It's being changed back?

No, the -agility is slightly increased.

Psychoninja
30-01-04, 22:04
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No, the -agility is slightly increased.

I can deal with that. Ath was too much of a nerf.

Mumblyfish
30-01-04, 22:06
Good. Finally. Fucking FANTASTIC! Now some people might not use Power Armour. Really, it should be an optional part of character design, it should have huge advantages (more offensive ability) with an equally large disadvantage (in this case lower speed, which equals less defense). Somethings been done to stop the cookie cutters! Cry NERF! CRY NERF!

People here bitch about how everyone looks the same, then the second they make PA an option instead of a requirement, everyone moans about their precious "me too" gear. Stop whinging.

mdares
30-01-04, 22:08
monk PA is a robe/cloak... serious... how heavy is a robe/cloak... o_O

mayber nerf monk agil (robes/cloaks might interfere with agility reqiured movements)a little instead... but not ath (as robes/cloaks arent heavy)...

Cytaur
30-01-04, 23:26
it's a power armor right ? Means it has movements enhanced with hydraulics and other motors. So you can't in that suit be spider-man agile.

STFU AND FACE IT

Cruzbroker
30-01-04, 23:41
HEY, Maybe the body part has REAL heavy armor, covered with cloak.. WHOOAAA....

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 00:09
To be honest, I prefer - atl over - agi. Negative agility is much easier to bypass than athletics, and monks are too damn fast as it is. A monk in PA, regardless of variant, should be slower than a pistol user. If they want speed they should ditch PA for less offensive power but higher evasion.

RayBob
31-01-04, 00:20
Originally posted by Genty
Personally I think it would effect ATL, AGL and END, I would much prefer a hit of -10 AGL, -10 ATL - 5 END
Great idea. I would rather have the 25 level penalty be split up between a few skills than have it all come from athletics.

shodanjr_gr
31-01-04, 00:26
The athl nerf on APU pas is STUPID. Apus have very limited con to play with, and their dex is a bitch to cap (no i aint wasting 3 days loming and poking-depoking to cap my dex). -20 athl on PA level 2 is absurn....get a clue kk plz!!!

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 00:26
Genty's idea seems reasonable as well, but tbh just - agility is barely a setback.

ezza
31-01-04, 00:32
:lol: im sorry if i dont show any sympathy for the monks, but tanks have had shit PA for long time

tuxy
31-01-04, 00:41
go read the latest test patch notes and stfu :P

Vid Gamer
31-01-04, 00:42
I can see the - ATL, but they should lower it.

I'm just glad Tank PA takes away DEX instead of CON again. :D

ServeX
31-01-04, 03:23
realism.

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 03:26
Wow that cloak looks really heavy!

Better keep it realistic!

Cytaur
31-01-04, 03:29
first, PA's were only intended for tanks.... now that you all wanted them, well then enjoy the bad side of PA..... fools

Psychoninja
31-01-04, 03:38
I started this topic bitching primarily about tank PA getting the Ath nerf, but funny how everyone goes STRAIGHT for the monks...

hose187
31-01-04, 03:40
What about APU's being the highest damage dealers, but still being tougher than spies? I think that was the motivation for the change (or at least, I hope it was). I think the -ath penalty should stay, since you can use a foot bone and reflex 1 to make up some of it if you want. What's the point of a penalty if it doesn't really affect you? (and yes, I think the PE pa has a lame penalty, but I can't think of anything better (worse) to switch it to)

kurai
31-01-04, 04:42
It's a personal choice - you choose to favour weapon stat or movement speed, in much the same way that one chooses a personal balance between damage and offence.

It's called balance, folks. :rolleyes:

[Obligatory "There's no such thing as a free lunch" reminder]

ezza
31-01-04, 04:48
yeah thats right Kurai, i was thinking about asking for spy armour to be doubled in weight as well, seems slike a good idea heh:p

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 04:48
It's not balance.

You barely do more damage than an energy beam with HL if you don't have pa, AND your mana pool is shitty. Unless you lom away apu to increase that mana pool, in which case it'll still be crap but a little higher and you would use energy beam because HL does less damage.

If the negatives for NOT wearing pa was a bit more balanced, it would be fine. But atm it's not.

Vid Gamer
31-01-04, 05:59
No offense Serve but I hate it when people say "because it makes it more realistic."

Like anything else in this game is realistic. LOL
I see where you are coming from though. ;)

t0tt3
31-01-04, 15:13
Make same for the PE PA then huge setback in AGL/ATL

Speed is the only thing that keeps a APU alive preriod.

and Power armour aint = robot armour *dumb ass...*
It means it gives u more special abilities like a freaking glove.
Power glove <----- OOOH THE NAME POWER!!!!! set -50 ATL on it!!!! :rolleyes:

Give me a brake.

Tanks have 100 con to bypass that and overskill their ATL, monks cant. Tanks shouldnt be as fast as a running PE pistol runner.

Or give me turret movement just because I dont have DS and need a pool over 350 and close to cap dmg geeez. If i take away the APU cloak I will loose both "close to cap dmg" and - (50+) psi

But yea kill all pure ones and lets go back to uber hybrid day...
Or just give us that shit glove ingame plz. They almost killed the pure one so the hyb could have a chance and that aint fair.

There aint a option not to have DS and good pool with high dmg output. Then again a APU goes down as a flat monky on a highway. So are there any TL 115 poker here ? =P