PDA

View Full Version : H-C Tank advice

Crashtec
30-01-04, 20:37
I have a Tank character who uses both melee and H-C. I am using Zerk 1, 2, 3, MOVEONE, Bat Queen Arm, Chest, and the strgth 90 H-C PA. I am at work atm so I can't give you exact skill pt numbers.
Strgth: ~ 93
M-C ~ 156
H-C ~ 118
WPL ~ 75

I recently aquired the Judgment Day Launcher and began using it over my TL-75 Fusion Cannon. With my stats I do not cap the JDL so the aiming is shitty and the damage is very similar to the TL-75 Fusion cannon.

I want to find a good AOE weapon to use in combination with my Blade of Ceres. I thought the JDL would be a better substitute for the TL-75 fusion but it fires slow and the rockets have ADD and fly off in whatever direction they feel like it.

Does anyone recommend one of these over the other?

1. NCPD TriDe Fusion Cannon
2. NCPD Special RC13 Raycannon

What vendor sells these cannons?

Where does the S.t.o.r.m. Laser drop? I assume a S.t.o.r.m. BOT but where is the bot?

I really enjoy being a melee tank and I assume I will have to level off my H-C weaponry at some point because my skill points will not allow me to effectively use the higher TL cannons. Are there any Melee/H-C tanks out there that have advice for a fellow slasher/demolitions guy on a good weaponry setup?

Sefran
30-01-04, 20:39
Fusion weapons and mods are selled at TG.

And the place for the STORM laser is in one particular gaya mine i think its gaya mine B (not sure tho), there is a place where a storm is on the 2nd floor u just have to lure him down and if u kill him (u will need hacking skill to open him) he drops a storm laser, slots are random.

30-01-04, 20:40
the stormbot lives in gaya mine

i got a shedload if you need (and you on saturn)

Crashtec
30-01-04, 20:49
I sent a PM 187

Strych9
30-01-04, 21:13
In terms of TRIDE vs RC13:

1. TRIDE does more damage per mob hit
2. RC13 has a larger are of effect
3. RC13 has higher TL ammo if recycling ammo is a concern

So if you are gonna fight individual mobs, I say go for TRIDE. If you plan to do large groups, RC13 may be better.

In El Farid I prefer RGCs to Fusion just because of the larger area.

There is a thread with good advice on this... something about Con setup on a Melee Tank is in the title of the thread. Try and find it, should be active within the past four days I think.

Dont spec for too much more beyond around 180 or so in melee- I think thats about what you need to cap a Devils Grace. Then just make sure you have enough transport for your armor and to carry around enough ammo. You want Resist Force to top off at 114 (thats the cap)... the rest slam into Heavy and get it as high as possible.

Then just use the best possible heavy wep you can for your HC level. The TRIDE and the RC13 are great vs mobs for sure. Not as good as a Malediction or Doom Beamer... but they still do the job for levelling.

Crashtec
30-01-04, 21:13
Anyone recomend one or the other?

1. NCPD TriDe Fusion Cannon
2. NCPD Special RC13 Raycannon

Thanks strych9, I posted this at the same minute you posted your response.

Scikar
30-01-04, 21:16
TriDe. Special appears to have larger blast radius but does not. TriDe is superior or equal in every way, deals more damage, has same RoF, has same AoE, has same accuracy, and is lower TL therefore you get better stats on it, which is especially important since you have low H-C.

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 21:23
What level is that stormbot anyway?