PDA

View Full Version : hmmmmmmm

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 18:25
I have been thinking about making a monk for months, but if I was I was allways going to be a hybrid.

Now, I don't want to sound like I am jumping on the hybrid bandwagon with the new patch, this is something I have wanted to do for ages, I have never played a char to a high level other than my PE.

But if I'm going to do it, I wanna lvl like a hybrid, as some have said it's as painfull as finding out just too late there is sand in the KY. I want to make a hybrid, not make an apu and switch at the end.

Any tips, or am I just mad?

ElfinLord
30-01-04, 18:42
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I have been thinking about making a monk for months, but if I was I was allways going to be a hybrid.

Now, I don't want to sound like I am jumping on the hybrid bandwagon with the new patch, this is something I have wanted to do for ages, I have never played a char to a high level other than my PE.

This is exactly how I feel about droning. :confused:

I don't want people to think that I am only doing it because of the patch. I bought a third account a little while ago so I could create a new char on Pluto. I just hadn't started it yet, I've been too busy doing the epics.

Anyway, I say go for it!!! Nothing worth the time is quick and easy! ;)

Maybe I'll go start that droner now, who knows? :)

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:44
Who cares if people think you're just doing it because of the patch? Just do it anyways if it's what you want to do. Hell some people think i'm some apu bandwagon jumper, even though i've been an apu since retail.

People will always make assumptions, regardless.

As for teh dribbler, I suggest going apu first. Sorry but leveling as a hybrid has always sucked IMO. It's sloooooooooow. Now you wanna level as a hybrid WITH the new higher reqs???

:eek:

Shujin
30-01-04, 18:46
if i choose to remove my thumb, replace it with a wire mesh chicken and go around claiming to be the jersy devil would i be considered a cookie?

ElfinLord
30-01-04, 18:48
Originally posted by Shujin
if i choose to remove my thumb, replace it with a wire mesh chicken and go around claiming to be the jersy devil would i be considered a cookie?
Probably not. Maybe a self-mutulating, sadistic, masochist, but certainly NOT a cookie. :D

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 18:49
Ok...

To make a good low level hybrid, you've got to get one thing though your skull..

You are not a PPU, you can not stand in the fire's of hell and remain unsingged..

You are not an APU, You can not rain down firey death on all that oppose you in two second's flat...

Now we've got that out of the way.. It's a good idea to make a hybrid, you get to taste both defence and offence almost equelly

Now a few simple tip's, don't go for the higher level spell's, at the start stick with the energy bolt even when you can use a holy energy bolt, same with PPU spell's.. And that's it..

Shujin
30-01-04, 18:54
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Probably not. Maybe a self-mutulating, sadistic, masochist, but certainly NOT a cookie. :D what if i poured milk duds all over my body and claimed i was the 7th coming of a man never seen before yet still known by most of the world

ElfinLord
30-01-04, 18:56
Originally posted by Shujin
what if i poured milk duds all over my body and claimed i was the 7th coming of a man never seen before yet still known by most of the world
Ok, now THAT would make you a cookie. :D

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut to be precise.

ezza
30-01-04, 18:56
want my advice.

dont make a monk

reason, there scum of the universe, dont fall to the dark side, stay as your PE

Shujin
30-01-04, 18:59
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Ok, now THAT would make you a cookie. :D

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut to be precise. Macadamia insane what kinda flower are you puffing, thats not even mutually agreeable. you will hear from my laywer and he will make sure i recieve a fair and just equalizational stuffing for my tuna

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 19:02
Originally posted by ezza
want my advice.

dont make a monk

But they are more powerfull than you can imagine, join with us and we will rule the univrse a.... oh wait wrong movie..

Strych9
30-01-04, 19:05
It will be fine til you hit Psi 40 or so, then you will enter stagnation mode after this recent patch.

Be prepared to use a LOT of psi boosters.

I think saying that you have to play APU then LOM to hybrid is abusing the LOM system. If you wanna be hybrid you should play hybrid the whole time.

But starting a hybrid stinks.

REMEMBER, EVERYONE that says how good a hybrid is refers ONLY to a hybrid with Psi Core and possible DS... regardless, they mean a near capped or capped hybrid. But GETTING that far as a hybrid is rough, and its even rougher now.

Best of luck.

Devils Grace
30-01-04, 20:40
want my advice.

dont make a monk

i can see now why u lube meh :D :lol:

ezza
30-01-04, 20:41
ahhh but your nice scum

:p

Devils Grace
30-01-04, 20:45
ahhh but your nice scum

:p

hehehehe:cool:

KuifJe
30-01-04, 21:05
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
snip...

Mad imo ;)

But if u wanna go on with it keep PPU a bit higher then apu, use lots of poison when lvling and hide in time, thats about it

Droms ALWAYS get my vote 8|

Glok
30-01-04, 22:42
Weird. That is exactly what I just did, and how I felt about it beforehand. But I deleted the PE I had since the beginning of retail and rolled a monk. I have never even played any class other than PE (as odd as that sounds).

Going for Energy Beam/Haz1 hybrid in the end.

So far I don't regret it, though I haven't quite reached the TL55 wall yet...