PDA

View Full Version : They fixed the subway!!!

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 18:20
I don't know if anyone even noticed this with all the genrepping people do these days, but they fixed the subways! No more sitting sideways or standing in a car, now you sit properly in the seat and get to watch the tunnel go by always facing foward without having to constantly turn to face foward. I know most people are all hyped up with other changes, but it's little things like this that I love.

Ride the subway, NEXT loves you.

ezza
30-01-04, 18:25
yeah but you cant look around now, only looks forward:(

edit: although it is nice they fixed the sitting thing

Eledhbrant
30-01-04, 18:38
I liked looking around :(

ElfinLord
30-01-04, 18:45
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
I liked looking around :(
Me too! It was fun to duck the camera under the ceiling and to be able to read the signs from inside the car.

None of that is as fun as running around on the subway track, though!! :lol:

Ascension
30-01-04, 18:50
Yeah u cant read the signs now.. when ya pull up.. at a station ya like err... which stop :p

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 18:52
I think they should make the front of the subway car a totally clear window. It sucks sitting in the front seat and all you can see is a big blue bar in front of you :(

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 18:54
Maybe if they cut the top off and made it look like clear glass..

Also.. Sign's for which stop your at should be in front of the track, well not in the way pof the car's but in front of where the car's stop so you can tell where the hell you are.

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 18:59
It doesn't bother me too much since I can always tell which station I'm in, but it would be nice to be able to turn your head as if you were sitting in a normal chair. For all those newbs who don't know how to tell the stations by now...

Clean=Viarossa
Grey=Plaza
Dark and Red=Pepper Park
Rusty filthy and vile=Outzone

...oddly enough that's the way the appartments work too...

Sefran
30-01-04, 19:01
The only thing they should do is make the subway faster (so way more ppl use it) , cause runspeed is almost same like those slow cabs...

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 19:05
Originally posted by Sefran
The only thing they should do is make the subway faster (so way more ppl use it) , cause runspeed is almost same like those slow cabs...

It's not faster..

You try and run from VR3 to OZ subway station in less time..

also, subway goes, VR to PP to OZ to Plasa, or somthing like that, well you can walk faster to plasa, but it's the seqence that is important...

Sefran
30-01-04, 19:06
I said they sould make the subway faster , i NEVER said it was faster...and didnt i say runspeed is about equal to those *slow* cabs i think u misreaded :rolleyes:

Lathuc
30-01-04, 19:10
@Q'alooaith its from Plaza-VR-PP-OZ

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 19:20
Originally posted by Lathuc
@Q'alooaith its from Plaza-VR-PP-OZ

See, it don't realy matter though, you can move faster to PP and OZ via the subway than running from VR.. Which was my point..

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 19:42
Plaza-->Viarossa<---->Pepper Park<---->Outzone.

It's way faster, and less zoning involved, although it'll never be as fast as genrepping. I hope they improve the subway so you can walk around and talk to all those bums you see as you're riding around.

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 19:44
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Plaza-->Viarossa<---->Pepper Park<---->Outzone.

It's way faster, and less zoning involved, although it'll never be as fast as genrepping. I hope they improve the subway so you can walk around and talk to all those bums you see as you're riding around.

They are just static's and if you look closely enough they are dead..

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 19:45
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
They are just static's and if you look closely enough they are dead..

Free food?

metalangel
30-01-04, 20:18
Bah! Make them more like proper subway cars! Like the transit cars in Half-Life!

And again, I ask, what the hell are the flying cars in Plaza 1 doing wedged in the wall of the DRE office?

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 20:21
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Free food?

Yup.. and if you [Oh no you don't], and that's realy cool...

Originally posted by metalangel
Bah! Make them more like proper subway cars! Like the transit cars in Half-Life!

And again, I ask, what the hell are the flying cars in Plaza 1 doing wedged in the wall of the DRE office?

Look they said they'd fix them soon, so maybe they'll get moving in time for the next expansion.. ;)

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 21:25
I thought they were hovercars too, but someone mentioned they're really spydrones from the ncpd?

der Ed
31-01-04, 00:13
Bohoo! KK nerfed the subway! :D

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 00:18
Ya now instead of looking around inside and outside of your car, it's like you're in a real car.. just staring at your feet.. waiting for the stop.. real fun.

They should make messages like the ones you get when you are close to a zone line in the city for the subway now.

"Now entering Pepper Park Subway" something like that.

IceStorm
31-01-04, 00:27
My guess is that the third person camera getting "stuck" was causing problems for the engine...

Susi
31-01-04, 00:32
Someone (Dev?) mentioned that this is because they made some changes to the subway in preparation for DOY... an KK doesn't want us to see it... Too lazy to look it up in the test forums.

ezza
31-01-04, 00:33
they should turn the lights off in that case