PDA

View Full Version : Judge post-patch

Harbodus
30-01-04, 16:57
Alright, I was just wondering people's opinion on the judge after patch. I personally got to trying out my ultimated 3 slotter last night, and the damage seemed to be about right now. In fact, I think I like the "piew piew" enough to drop the RoLH, add in a PP resist chip, and try that setup. Less TC more agi woot.

2nd question, as a near maxed PE (3 levels of Con to go) should I be consistantly losing to high level tanks? (cause I do : ) I'm a PE newb but starting to get my heal timings and dodging a little better. I am fighting clannies like Xio and Serve, so maybe I shouldn't feel too bad. Still yet to fight another PE. Anyways, a few more nights training in NF and maybe I'll be able to kill peeps again (play Rocky music here). Well, cept Shad, I think Mr. uber APU will hand me my ass for a long time coming lol.

Spike Spiegal - Pluto

GT_Rince
30-01-04, 16:59
Originally posted by Harbodus
I am fighting clannies like Xio and Serve, so maybe I shouldn't feel too bad.

They are noobs - you should feel ashamed .....

;)

metalangel
30-01-04, 17:00
It seems a bit better, not powerful enough for my liking, but then, I was fighting tanks mostly, so of course I got my shit kicked.

I prefer ray and laser pistols more anyway.

Psycho Killa
30-01-04, 17:01
Its plenty powerful now if you ask me.

Pes > Tanks 1 on 1

You should be able to kill a tank consitently when you get enough practice. You will feel a bit helpless in any large scale fight though.

ezza
30-01-04, 17:02
depends on how good a resist setup you got, ive seen some PEs take a hell of a lot of punishment from a CS tank

[TgR]KILLER
30-01-04, 17:04
pistol = suck.. was enjoying my fight with 2 pistol PE's @ MB untill a APU came and also started on meh :(

but losing to xio and serve aint that bad ;) fight rade if u want to fight a PE or jest

Darkborg
30-01-04, 17:04
aye they do and especially at the moment with the cs dmg thing.

i still cant decide between my ROLH or a new judge.

metalangel
30-01-04, 17:06
Hmph, not quite capped in CON, so I have a few more points to invest in my resists before I'm done.

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 17:06
Does 32 to a mate of mine, where it used to do 27/28, not a huge boost, but it seems like a better weapon.
You should look into the BoH, nice gun now, not as much gimpage as for RoLH, but cirtainly not the defences of a libby/bs or some judge setups.

//edit We can't really guage the new pistols untill they undo the accidental boost to all the rares.

Jest
30-01-04, 18:38
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Pes > Tanks 1 on 1
Granted I use a Libby, but if CS damage stays the way it is now that will be the exception not the rule. I was fighting Shadow, Cylon, and roro in Neofrag last night and even if I had near perfect aim I would still lose. Hopefully CS % won't stay that high.

Judge is a fantastic weapon though. Get yourself an SA and you could have a setup with both MoveOn and PP. (Or just drug). Judge is actually my favorite weapon, but the Libby has really grown on me and it would pain me to LoM back back to high tech. (I love not wearing PA :p)

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:41
Originally posted by Jest
Granted I use a Libby, but if CS damage stays the way it is now that will be the exception not the rule. I was fighting Shadow, Cylon, and roro in Neofrag last night and even if I had near perfect aim I would still lose. Hopefully CS % won't stay that high.

Judge is a fantastic weapon though. Get yourself an SA and you could have a setup with both MoveOn and PP. (Or just drug). Judge is actually my favorite weapon, but the Libby has really grown on me and it would pain me to LoM back back to high tech. (I love not wearing PA :p)

I agree. I saw you taking lots of damage. If it stays that way then indeed it will be tank>pe most of the time.

Hell i'm ok with CS staying that way if pes kept stealth, apus got poison UNNERFED and fire got boosted, and spies got...................better. :D :D :D :D

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 18:48
Originally posted by Jest
Judge is a fantastic weapon though. Get yourself an SA and you could have a setup with both MoveOn and PP.

It can be done, but to cap dmg and not have hopeless agl you REALLY have to drug.
It's the setup I use, and I am totally addicted to redflash, thankfully I poke 115 and can support my habit without hunting constantly.

Harbodus
30-01-04, 20:40
Yeah I have an SA or else ROLH wouldn't be a factor. Here's what I'm basically seeing now.

ROLH Setup: PA4, Dex implants, poor agility, fair resists

Judge Setup: Can run PA4 if you drug once. Giving up Blessed deflector. Able to add either Move on (extra HP, also Heavy Inq boots, or drug for heat/haz 1) or PP resist. A touch more agility. Solid resists.

Libby Setup: SA, SF, Move On, PP. Lotsa health, good resists, less damage. Fast. As hell.

Rade
30-01-04, 20:44
Well, actually, before this patch, a unskilled PE gets wooped by a
unskilled tank, a medium skilled PE gets beaten by a medium
skilled tank, but once the players are skilled/very skilled it
becomes even. Now with CS boosted Im not sure how it is
anymore tho *shrug*

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 20:58
I fought a reasonably skilled tank last night, and it was tough.
My resists are goodish and with 450 hp, I still took a beating from the CS.
It was less balanced than prepatch, judge does more, but CS is even better.

Kal
31-01-04, 00:59
since the patch CS seems to do about double damage to me than Dev o_O

judge seems very balanced and libs aim seems to stay locked in for about a second longer (though i may be wrong)

also jest from the sounds of it you have a very similer setup to me, you specced for poison with a VK vest or use titan armour? (i use VK)

mdares
31-01-04, 01:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Hell i'm ok with CS staying that way if pes kept stealth, apus got poison UNNERFED and fire got boosted, and spies got...................better. :D :D :D :D

yesyesyes :D

o and remember to remove para. :cool: