PDA

View Full Version : multiple instances blocade protest

Agent L
30-01-04, 13:19
1) ppl with 2 acnts are paying for their privilege to have 2 chars online at a time. Why prevent them from using smth they are paying for ?

2) It is some form of discrimination. Ppl with 2 computers are able to play simultanously, ppl with only 1 are not.

3) Why forcing folks to spend money on hardware, insetad of 3rd or 4th acnt , KK ?

Cytaur
30-01-04, 13:24
because lots of people abuse the system.....

GT_Rince
30-01-04, 13:26
I have 3 accounts - it is useful to be able to run 2 instances, but if it causes technical issues, then we are better off without.

El Barto
30-01-04, 13:27
Yeah, you should be able to have two cahracters online at the same time imo, but this patch hasn't effected me, I can still have two characters online.

athon
30-01-04, 13:28
Originally posted by Agent L
1) ppl with 2 acnts are paying for their privilege to have 2 chars online at a time. Why prevent them from using smth they are paying for ?

2) It is some form of discrimination. Ppl with 2 computers are able to play simultanously, ppl with only 1 are not.

3) Why forcing folks to spend money on hardware, insetad of 3rd or 4th acnt , KK ?

It is mentioned in the patch notes that it is a bug fix - maybe it was found to be causing problems with players around people who are doing this or something, or maybe there are things that KK consider bugs or exploits that can be done with it.

Anyway, bet you could run a second copy of NC inside a virtual machine, running 2 copies on 1 PC that way. Personally I use my laptop, generally only for trade skilling stuff and I have to have everything on low settings 'cause laptops have shit graphics processors =(

I don't really see why this is such a big deal.

If it's a bug fix as they say it is, then I say keep it in.

Athon

J. Folsom
30-01-04, 13:29
I don't really see the big deal about it, I have never had to run two instances of Neocron at the same time.
All the things you could probably use it for you could probably just ask a friend to help you instead, this is after all a multiplayer game, player interaction is supposed to be part of it.

And what's with the whole "discrimination" deal anyway? I don't hear anyone shout "OMG, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE A CLASS, DISCRIMINATION!"... o_O

Cytaur
30-01-04, 13:30
Originally posted by J. Folsom
I don't really see the big deal about it, I have never had to run two instances of Neocron at the same time.
All the things you could probably use it for you could probably just ask a friend to help you instead, this is after all a multiplayer game, player interaction is supposed to be part of it.

And what's with the whole "discrimination" deal anyway? I don't hear anyone shout "OMG, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE A CLASS, DISCRIMINATION!"... o_O

WORD

Oath
30-01-04, 13:31
Gonna make life difficult for everyone not just players ;)

cMz
30-01-04, 13:54
I tried once to get Neocron to run in a virtual machine (VM-Ware).
I never got it working. Graphics in a VM is not good enough to handle the load I think. It crashes when it starts to use DirectX.

Agent L
30-01-04, 14:21
Hmm, I seriously doubt there is really an exploit that can be caused by 2 NC on same machine and cannot on 2 computers...

DonnyJepp
30-01-04, 14:52
Originally posted by J. Folsom

Just because you don't run it like this, doesn't mean that a lot of people didn't. Think outside the box.

This will ultimately cost KK subscriptions, a lot of folks have 2 accounts and run like this.

It is a big deal to the players that got used to operating like that and disabling the feature entirely will only encourage haxxed workarounds.

P.S. 3d performance within VMs has been pretty poor consistently, that approach won't work well =\

Q`alooaith
30-01-04, 15:24
I think KK don't want people to play by themselves, you know you can buy a second account for more char slot's so you can try all the classes out and such.. You don't need to be logged onto both at the same time..

I don't think it'll cost KK that many accounts..

Babes
30-01-04, 15:28
..i have 2 accounts and 4 computers.....

...shruggs

... wallks away.

:D

[TgR]KILLER
30-01-04, 15:35
2 accounts 3 comps.. but never even tried to log in more.. both chars are in the same clan so i use clan cabs and bank to transfer stuff..

Strych9
30-01-04, 15:43
*Bookmarks thread for next time Pluto runners insist that "virtually no one on Pluto has two or more accounts, and if they do, they certainly never play them at the same time."*

Chaplin
30-01-04, 15:54
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I think KK don't want people to play by themselves, you know you can buy a second account for more char slot's so you can try all the classes out and such.. You don't need to be logged onto both at the same time..

So they are lying? It's not because of "technical issues"? How dare you not to believe them? :rolleyes: