PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] The obligatory post-patch "Fix The Parashock Or Remove It" thread

Psycho Killa
30-01-04, 01:35
Come on kk how many patches does it take to fix para?

Please just put out a little patch that reduces para like you said holy para shock halo is still better then holy paralysis.

Please fix this immediately I dont want to wait another month or two for it to be fixed it honestly ruins the gameplay.

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 01:37
Yes amen! I really don't want to go through this for another "semester". :(

Rade
30-01-04, 01:39
hahaha, it still not fixed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *cries*

Lifewaster
30-01-04, 04:27
Beh cant belive this wasnt fixed.

Birkoff
30-01-04, 04:48
lol *sigh* do it!

bounty
30-01-04, 04:50
Hmm weird, i didn't know it was april 1st.

•Super|\|ova•
30-01-04, 04:56
Originally posted by bounty
Hmm weird, i didn't know it was april 1st.

What's that suppose to mean?

Anyways the para-spells really need to be nerfed. I didn't notice any change on the effect. But lets hope they will make a hotfix soon that fixes the problem :)

Psychoninja
30-01-04, 04:59
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
What's that suppose to mean?

It means this patch seems like a really bad joke...

Ferabukoo
30-01-04, 05:12
Fix it or remove it...
nuff said.. ffs

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 05:37
I will do it, I will do it ten times.

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 05:38
I vote remove it.

Keiron
30-01-04, 05:39
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
Fix it or remove it...
nuff said.. ffs
I'm in

ZoneVortex
30-01-04, 05:42
remove

useless in pvm just a pain in the fucking ass in pvp

Keiron
30-01-04, 05:43
5 min, me + nerf bat alone in the room with para. I swear, no one would EVER see it again. I would make it give like a -100 ath/agl hit for just carrying it.:cool:

Rieper
30-01-04, 05:43
yah im down with the whole remove parashock thing.. altho i want compensation for my ppu...

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 05:50
[Funny ... but still Spam - Gungnir]

Carinth
30-01-04, 06:07
Range has been reduced by alot on holy para halo, its down to about 130 or so. It's slightly higher range then holy paralysis, and has slightly better rof. It costs a lot less psi to cast. The flip side is it doesnt shock as much as before, tho the effect is still more then enough to slow you down. Holy Paralysis tho is the same as before, you're practicly glued to the ground.

I dont have a para beam to test, but I imagine it's somewhere inbetween.

Ferabukoo
30-01-04, 08:07
can a homie get a hot fix?

or even a fucking fix

Finl
30-01-04, 09:17
votes for hot patch

Psycho Killa
30-01-04, 09:22
Originally posted by Carinth
The flip side is it doesnt shock as much as before, tho the effect is still more then enough to slow you down.

You must be playing a different patch then me if anything it slowed me down more but I think im being crazy but seriously I dont notice an improvement AT ALL.

gostly
30-01-04, 09:26
ffs...

this is one thing the whole fucking community seems to be FOR (atleast the majority)...but for some reason KK are like refusing to nerf the parashock...you've even got ppu's wanting it nerfed...ffs :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
30-01-04, 09:28
why not vote (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88779&perpage=15&pagenumber=4) about it here as theres no poll on this one .....

Psycho Killa
30-01-04, 09:29
Because that was prepatch and this is discusing a hotfix basicaly for a part of the patch that was not delivered.

\\Fényx//
30-01-04, 09:34
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Because that was prepatch and this is discusing a hotfix basicaly for a part of the patch that was not delivered.

If you read the last page of the thread it's continued after the patch, and theres a pretty good idea in there for a replacement for para

REMUS
30-01-04, 09:39
Well either fix it, remove it or make the drugs work properly becuase there is easily a 2-3 second delay for them to come into effect.

Psycho Killa
30-01-04, 09:42
I dont give a fuck about replacement right now I want them to fucking do what they said they did in the patch.

Reduce it for now worry about removing later.

\\Fényx//
30-01-04, 23:26
FUCKING REMOVE PARASHOCK OK IF YOU CANT FIX IT AFTER A YEAR OF TRYING THEN FUCKING REMOVE IT

Sorry for cap's, but this fucking pisses me off.... ill give you all a cookie if you either fucking hotpatch fix the damn spell or just fucking outright remove it

Paraspam is not removed, the ROF seems upped, the parashock has not been nerfed, its as strong as it was before, and any para over TL fucking 25 is as strong as holy para ...

fix it.... please..... *sob*

enigma_b17
30-01-04, 23:31
lol calm down, i would have to agree though kk, u have tried to "balance" it but no1 is happy with it, so the easy solution would be to remove it completely, please dont go and nerf it to the point where its useless, as i said before adding another useless rare to the pool lol

Nidhogg
30-01-04, 23:34
It's being worked (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88985) on. Chill.

N

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 00:23
I don't know if parashock should be removed, my only reasoning is because some ppu monks would be virtually impossible to kill then.

I think holy paralysis should be about a quarter stronger than thunderstorm. Which means other classes will have a chance to use shock if they need to.

Possessed
31-01-04, 00:32
Remove para... or atleast nerf it to hell and back... or...or...

I'll kill this kitten!!!11!11
http://www.painsupport.co.uk/newsletter/smiling%20kitten%20reduced.jpg

Jest
31-01-04, 00:38
Originally posted by Possessed
Remove para... or atleast nerf it to hell and back... or...or...

I'll kill this kitten!!!11!11
http://www.painsupport.co.uk/newsletter/smiling%20kitten%20reduced.jpg Haha thats just about the cutest kitten I've ever seen, but it will be a worthy sacrifice to the anti-parashock cause.

Scikar
31-01-04, 00:44
Just remove it. Even if it does mean PPUs are harder to kill for a patch or two, I'd say that's a sacrifice worth paying.

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 00:49
that kitten is photo manipulated. boo.

Clownst0pper
31-01-04, 00:50
Jesus guys.

Remove it, here we go, a PPU's role is solitary then to DMG boost and heal? Whats next a dmg boost nerf and removal because it causes players to die to quickly?

Make anti shock drugs stackable and the effects of parashock TL based.

But then the response is, well if anti shock drugs are stackable why not just remove parashock?

[ edited for violation of the forum rules (flaming) - keep your offensive comments to yourself ] WTF SINCE WHEN IS A SELF COMMENT EVERYONE AGREES WITH TROLLING - jesus christ - KK hiding the truth as always

whatever. Im easy. :(:mad:

Nidhogg
31-01-04, 00:58
Flaming is against the rules and that includes flaming KK.

N

Birkoff
31-01-04, 01:02
FFS how long does it take u to see that something is to hard... then it takes u even longer to actually NERF it.... para is STUPIDLY hard.... im playing a hybrid im supposed to reply on it but i dont have it in my belt n e more as its stupid.

You've tried to NERF it 2 patches in a row now and all u've done it made it worse... as PK has said in a different thread.. cant u release a emergency patch that NERFs it as all it does atm is RUIN OP fights.

PPPLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!111

To all those ppl that are going to say it... yes i did jsut die to it... twice in fact (OP wars at emmerson) as it stupid! :)

kthxbye :D

Nidhogg
31-01-04, 01:03
If there already is a thread about a certain topic on the first page of a forum and a second thread about a similar topic is started, the second thread may be closed and a link to the first thread will be posted there. Also, moderators may merge similar threads.Thread merged.

N

Birkoff
31-01-04, 01:04
OK you did that fast enough, how long until the dam patch?

Sefran
31-01-04, 01:04
90% wants it removed and still its just with '' we will lower the effect...'' 8| , Remove the bloody thing already

Scikar
31-01-04, 01:05
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Jesus guys.

Remove it, here we go, a PPU's role is solitary then to DMG boost and heal? Whats next a dmg boost nerf and removal because it causes players to die to quickly?

Make anti shock drugs stackable and the effects of parashock TL based.

But then the response is, well if anti shock drugs are stackable why not just remove parashock?

[ edited for violation of the forum rules (flaming) - keep your offensive comments to yourself ] WTF SINCE WHEN IS A SELF COMMENT EVERYONE AGREES WITH TROLLING - jesus christ - KK hiding the truth as always

whatever. Im easy. :(:mad:

We've been here before. Are you honestly going to say a PPUs main job is parashock? The lamest thing in the entire game and you see it as a PPUs primary role? And you wonder why people hate PPUs?

Birkoff
31-01-04, 01:08
ok... remove it.. i aint fussed but as it is is a thing to make ppl with no skill viable.

Sefran
31-01-04, 01:10
When i tried ppu out i never bothered to para tbh, and some ppl like it cause its lame , oh well some ppl just like to be lame.

IF a ppu says ''ohnoz they deleted para im not going to be a ppu again damn shit!!!, then in my eyes that player should never been a ppu in first place...

I think we have to cry rivers and mountains until KK can just read what tons of ppl say : REMOVE PARA. ~

Birkoff
31-01-04, 01:15
Originally posted by Sefran
When i tried ppu out i never bothered to para tbh, and some ppl like it cause its lame , oh well some ppl just like to be lame.

IF a ppu says ''ohnoz they deleted para im not going to be a ppu again damn shit!!!, then in my eyes that player should never been a ppu in first place...

I think we have to cry rivers and mountains until KK can just read what tons of ppl say : REMOVE PARA. ~

100% agree

Nid... u merged the thread qick enough... n e info on solving the situation so many ppl want solved?

I know its been in the last few patches but all the last few patches have doen it made it stick u to the ground more.

Or the "list"? :D:D:D

Nidhogg
31-01-04, 01:16
Originally posted by Birkoff
100% agree

Nid... u merged the thread qick enough... n e info on solving the situation so many ppl want solved?

Or the "list"? :D:D:D Patch is out next week. List is out tomorrow. Not "soon", tomorrow. :p

N

Birkoff
31-01-04, 01:17
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Patch is out next week. List is out tomorrow.

N

sex...

we love you really :D

mdares
31-01-04, 01:33
get rid of para plz, si vous'plait, por favor, etc...

the purpose of a ppu is not to para; not just to dmg boost; but to keep teammates ALIVE... including buffs, heals, etc... if u cant handle it then go apu :D (some of the best ppus rarely para)

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 01:55
Patch is out next week. List is out tomorrow. Not "soon", tomorrow. :p

N

*orgasm*

Is this a fact?

\\Fényx//
31-01-04, 02:02
For those you for that think that anti para drugs are there and are usefull, think again

this is taken after taking TWO concentrated antipara drugs ... And as youll notice, if you cana ctually make it out, i have been parashocked again, so ive got that damn drughaze and b0rked movement, not for free, but it cost me 6k to get like that, gg kk ....

http://neocronguide.com/paradrug.jpg

Just

Remove

Parashite

next

patch!

please?

Rade
31-01-04, 02:05
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
For those you for that think that anti para drugs are there and are usefull, think again

this is taken after taking TWO concentrated antipara drugs ... And as youll notice, if you cana ctually make it out, i have been parashocked again, so ive got that damn drughaze and b0rked movement, not for free, but it cost me 6k to get like that, gg kk ....

Just

Remove

Parashite

next

patch!

please?

No fenix. antipara drugs are perfectly fine and they dont give bad
drugflash at all, they are a perfectly viable means of getting rid of
parashock. Just ask Archeus or WebShock, they are experts on
the subject.

\\Fényx//
31-01-04, 02:10
Originally posted by Rade
No fenix. antipara drugs are perfectly fine and they dont give bad
drugflash at all, they are a perfectly viable means of getting rid of
parashock. Just ask Archeus or WebShock, they are experts on
the subject.

You forgot the [SARCASM=1] tag's.... you did didnt you ? Please dont tell me you were being serious with that post ? O_o .....

Rade
31-01-04, 02:11
Its too late... and now you will never now... ;)

Nidhogg
31-01-04, 02:11
Let's not start a flamewar here. :rolleyes:

N

\\Fényx//
31-01-04, 02:14
Let's not start a flamewar here. :rolleyes:

N

nid just bad me for 3 days so that this recent f*ck up over ''fixing'' para dont get me permabanned

I am not atall f*cking happy

There, even cencored myself so you didnt have to goto the effort of deleting it .....

Rade
31-01-04, 02:20
Oh look, its fenix's happy face :D

alig
31-01-04, 02:21
DONT REMOVE HOLY PARA:mad: :mad:

Make it pvm, fucking hell...its a rare weapon, one that alot of ppl have...ive got a 4 slot on saturn and its the best thing i have on that server so unless kk are gunna give me a reasonable sum of cash for it [3 slot arti 1 slot free holy para] then make it pvm only, AND it gives u a better rank than any other spell with a ds, infact...4 ranks more than holy antipoison on my bro's ppu

Rade
31-01-04, 02:23
oh yeah dont balance the game because YOU own one item and
dont want to lose it. Talk about fucking selfish.

I agree that it shouldnt be removed, that it should be changed to
something else and remain the same in PvM, but your reasons
are just fucked up.

Scikar
31-01-04, 02:23
Originally posted by alig
DONT REMOVE HOLY PARA:mad: :mad:

Make it pvm, fucking hell...its a rare weapon, one that alot of ppl have...ive got a 4 slot on saturn and its the best thing i have on that server so unless kk are gunna give me a reasonable sum of cash for it [3 slot arti 1 slot free holy para] then make it pvm only, AND it gives u a better rank than any other spell with a ds, infact...4 ranks more than holy antipoison on my bro's ppu

Hey I have a 5 slot artifact Wyatt Earp, am I entitled to compensation too?

Seriously, saying no to removing the single lamest thing in the game on the grounds that you own the rare version, despite the fact that you don't even use the damn thing because para halo is better?

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 02:24
What a great reason to keep it in game!

Its usless pvm since you can use a lower tech level one and slow mobs down enough to hit them perfectly fine.

alig
31-01-04, 02:28
@ all u 3. Wot? did i say a fucking thing about keeping it pvp? eh, no so fucking shut up and get glasses....does it matter that u can cast it on a mob and not a player? does it fuck, tits.

Judge
31-01-04, 02:32
AND it gives u a better rank than any other spell with a ds, infact...4 ranks more than holy antipoison on my bro's ppu

What is with this sudden obsession with ranks that people have? OMG I WANT T3H ***.

Yeah... cool. o_O

Rade
31-01-04, 02:33
Originally posted by Judge
What is with this sudden obsession with ranks that people have? OMG I WANT T3H ***.

Yeah... cool. o_O

Thanks.

Rank

mean

NOTHING.

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 02:37
NO IF MY RANK IS HIGHER THEN SOMEONE ELSES IT MEANS IM l337er!!@!@

Anyways I wish my monk rank was lower somewhere in between tanks and apus so I could actualy gain xp for the people i help level.

Why the fuck do you want a higher rank it makes it that much harder to find someone to team with.

Near capped tanks spies pe'sapus and ppus should be able to share xp.

alig
31-01-04, 03:30
I want a high rank tank cuz i dont get why a pe or apu or ppu or spy gets such high ones considering not one of them types puts every single point into 1 sub skill and yet all 3 of them can get a rank to make a tank [can i say, the fighting class of this game] grey ranked.

And, i dont care if rank means everything or if it means jack shit, there there for a reason. When they made the game, a rank wasnt part of the engine that was required for the game to even run....kk put them in.:rolleyes:

Psycho Killa
31-01-04, 03:36
.... err ok.

Anyways

"Working on freeze effects and CityCom problems atm."

You can close this if you want.

ghandisfury
31-01-04, 07:59
I guess I would like to keep chitchat to a minimum. Both sides know both sides argument. I think it's fruitless to argue anymore. So, if you want parashock removed vote yes and vote 5 stars.

Gotterdammerung
31-01-04, 08:02
we have enough "parashock whatever" threads open already. I'm merging this with the one already open

Shujin
31-01-04, 08:06
Heh gott mergin stuff again ;]...

Anyway, I remember not to long ago a Official said Para will NEVER be removed, however it can be nerfed but will NEVER be removed.

ghandisfury
31-01-04, 09:17
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
we have enough "parashock whatever" threads open already. I'm merging this with the one already open

You're a wanker. Always have been always will be.

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 09:36
They should make parashock into a push spell like stun turrets now do. Maybe make it push the attacker really far.

Lifewaster
31-01-04, 11:12
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
They should make parashock into a push spell like stun turrets now do. Maybe make it push the attacker really far.

That would be hilarious....para some guy and he ends up half a mile away on a hill

Awesome!

t0tt3
31-01-04, 15:29
Make the Para as useless as some APU weapons like...

Holy pestilince
Anti heal
Antibuff "yes it sucks... HAB owns it 1000 times"
PB "nerfed to death
FA "anyone died to this spell? No spies can answer :p"
Psi attack 2.... "only force dmg and why no lvl 3 or rare!!!!!!"

When I think about it they only have two good things :lol:

HAB and HL :p

Opar
31-01-04, 15:46
If this thing doesnt get a heavy nerf/get removed im gonna scream.

Judge
31-01-04, 15:52
I want a high rank tank cuz i dont get why a pe or apu or ppu or spy gets such high ones considering not one of them types puts every single point into 1 sub skill and yet all 3 of them can get a rank to make a tank [can i say, the fighting class of this game] grey ranked.

A combat setup PE will not get *** unless he is in a fortress and using something like the SH, Disruptor or FL. And I don't think that it is even possible for a pistol PE to get a *** rank, unless maybe they cap the Slasher....

I don't see Pistol PEs going apeshit over ranks.

Possessed
31-01-04, 15:55
PE's can get ***... just requires gimpage, a ppu, and a fortress....

And ranks mean fuck all... the only thing that ranks are decent for is helping you differentiate between the subclasses....

t0tt3
31-01-04, 17:31
If a PPU want exp from a tank just get VCH so you can ride the rhino.....

then WOOOHOOO 80/x *** CR tank :D

QuantumDelta
31-01-04, 17:35
Rifle PEs make *** easy.
Pistol PEs need a little work to get there.

Tanks don't.

And the comments about "rank means shit."

Are completely correct, rank means nothing, except the higher your rank the more fucked you get for PvM.

Rade
31-01-04, 17:38
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Rifle PEs make *** easy.

Tanks don't.

Are completely correct, rank means nothing, except the higher your rank the more fucked you get for PvM.

How do you get *** as a pistol PE? Even with capped RoLH I
wont get it.

Keiron
31-01-04, 17:58
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Rifle PEs make *** easy.

Tanks don't.

I aggre with all but the ***. Even when I drugged to Disruptor, with a rifle 3 and at a fortress (Jeriko) I wasn't *** on my PE. I don't think PE's can really hit ***.

Jest
31-01-04, 18:00
Originally posted by Keiron
I aggre with all but the ***. Even when I drugged to Disruptor, with a rifle 3 and at a fortress (Jeriko) I wasn't *** on my PE. I don't think PE's can really hit ***. Yah rifle Pes can hit *** if they are high tech.

And I was thinking *** might be doable for high tech pistols after the boost.

Scikar
31-01-04, 18:10
As I said in the other thread. If anything, rank is a measure of how bad your setup is. It's certainly not a reason to keep holy para in the game.

KramerTheWeird
31-01-04, 18:48
A rifle PE can get 3 stars by fully capping a ray of god, or speccing to silent hunter.

A pistol PE can get 3 stars by fuly capping a slasher, which is damn near impossible for a PE so maybe just a pistol spy, which even then requires gimpage.

Droner PE's can get 3 stars by speccing to particle nemesis.

uber driver PE's like myself can man a rhino turret :rolleyes:

wasn't this a thread about parashock, or something?