PDA

View Full Version : RoLH nerfed?

VetteroX
30-01-04, 02:50
I was pking at MB and a TG pe with RolH attacked me. I figured "great... im dead, this thing rapes tanks... well, at least im not going down without a fight" and so fought.... he hit me, and hit me, and hit me... and hit me... yet I won with 200 hp left. He took a decent amount of hits too... I have spammed for someone to test rolh on me in nf with no reply... so question, is rolh nerfed, or was this guys rolh at like 130% damage? because something was up... I shoulda died tbh (well, according to rolh pre patch damage which as you all know i dont agree with), I was a tank with no shelter and took a LOT of hits... anyone know?

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 03:24
Good riddance, why the fuck should a PE be able to use a RoLH without drugging...

But righty I got hit with it and it did seem a *LITTLE* nerfed.

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 03:33
He probably didn't have a decent level of PC or WEP.

Remember weapons themselves are only as good as the person using them.

You keep seeming to forget this isn't CS :p

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 04:57
I was shot by whats-his-face on uranus who always uses one, and it did less damage than normal.

TS>CS

Keiron
30-01-04, 05:34
If the RoLH got nerfed, then it would seem to be a Raygun nerf across the board. I find my RoG PE is doing considerably less damage then he did before patch (same gun and same spawn point for aggies). I wish KK would stop doing stealth things...

Lanigav
30-01-04, 05:55
I'm almost certain it got nerfed. Some other people were complaining about how the damage seemed to be considerably lower that it was before.

Those people were all PE's though, so it just might be possible that you have to have a higher Pistol/Tech spec to get good damage out of it again.

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 05:56
Originally posted by Lanigav
I'm almost certain it got nerfed. Some other people were complaining about how the damage seemed to be considerably lower that it was before.

Those people were all PE's though, so it just might be possible that you have to have a higher Pistol/Tech spec to get good damage out of it again.

Damage cap is still 178%...

Lanigav
30-01-04, 05:58
Well, then it definetely got nerfed then.

BombShell
30-01-04, 06:03
Originally posted by Lanigav

some r spies thou :(

Ferabukoo
30-01-04, 07:03
[Removed for Flaming - Gungnir]

VetteroX
30-01-04, 07:30
sigh... well, i tested on mobs and same damage as before... so unless its changed somehow pvp its the same overpowered weapon...

DigestiveBiscui
30-01-04, 09:39
its not been nerfed, i just know who vet had a 1v1 with - if you lost that i would of cried :p

Sir ramic hobbs
30-01-04, 09:56
paranoia whoever said the RoG might have ben nerfed is prolly wrong before the new patch came out i was WB hunting and after the patch i was WB hunting again no damage diff on my RoG.

KramerTheWeird
30-01-04, 11:51
Keep in mind that pvm damage doesnt' always reflect pvp. Pistols for instance were specifically increased only in pvp on one patch.

Kasumi
30-01-04, 11:51
hehe Sorry for OT: Check your PMs Kramer!! and check your email too! :P

solling
30-01-04, 12:00
hmm my RoG have not been nerfed for sure same damage as pre patch

Rade
30-01-04, 13:11
I did some swapping between judge and RoLH last night and
cant really tell which is superior anymore, which is a bit gey since
RoLH is 8 TLs higher and require a huge sacrifice in chips
compared to a judge from a PE point of view. I also got the
impression that the rolh was doing less damage than prepatch
but I might be wrong.

Darkborg
30-01-04, 17:02
heh ROLH might be a little superior with ROF and aiming
we tested a Judge, ROLH and Rog Judge looks VERY nice too me atm. it just about outdmg'ed my rolh

Oh btw lemme just tell you my RoLH IS capped (all arti and 180+ pc )

and we had very close dmg and rof on em and the difference is bloody 8 dex lvls FRIGGING 8 Hellish to get dex lvls. (heads back to me ole judgie and super defense pe setup).

im going to miss that 5 slotter though *snif*

metalangel
30-01-04, 17:08
Surely WEP has little impact on the damage dealt by a pistol - or am I on crack?

Or both? :angel:

Darkborg
30-01-04, 17:09
it has an impact according to the skill guide in the annoumcement forum.

But you really dont need alot unless youre trying to compensate for bad pc Wich means shit ROF anyway soo hehe

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 17:14
WEP is essential for RoLH if you want to even think about capping dmg without utterly gimping your dex.

Darkborg
30-01-04, 17:19
well um what do i have like 50 in the skill and then all my imp +'s

fits up pretty well for my dmg capped ROLH

theres a BIG flip point in pc and i tend to aim for it for the hell of it hehe.

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 17:30
I have 174 pc and 100 wep, with about 75 wep I would probably not get 178% on my judge, now obviously RoLH users have more PC due to imps, but even with 180-185 pc lack of WEP is bad.
WEP also affects range, which despite you not really needing it for ray guns, affects recticle closure.

Darkborg
30-01-04, 17:40
ok ever tried getting boosted to 180 + in pc does wonders for your weapon stats hehe

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 17:42
Originally posted by Rade
I did some swapping between judge and RoLH last night and
cant really tell which is superior anymore, which is a bit gey since
RoLH is 8 TLs higher and require a huge sacrifice in chips
compared to a judge from a PE point of view. I also got the
impression that the rolh was doing less damage than prepatch
but I might be wrong.

But I thought you loved the judge? piew piew piew piew piew

When I was PE i loved the judge too. But the damage sucked.

El_MUERkO
30-01-04, 17:58
Originally posted by VetteroX
I was pking at MB and a TG pe with RolH attacked me. I figured "great... im dead, this thing rapes tanks... well, at least im not going down without a fight" and so fought.... he hit me, and hit me, and hit me... and hit me... yet I won with 200 hp left. He took a decent amount of hits too... I have spammed for someone to test rolh on me in nf with no reply... so question, is rolh nerfed, or was this guys rolh at like 130% damage? because something was up... I shoulda died tbh (well, according to rolh pre patch damage which as you all know i dont agree with), I was a tank with no shelter and took a LOT of hits... anyone know?

It could also be that while you were being hit by him you your damage was doing more than before the patch the extra damage over time has a cumulative effect.

Before Patch --- After Patch

40 -- 50

80 -- 100

120 -- 150

So your hitting for more and instead of his legs giving out after 5 bursts they give out after 3 which he isnt ready for and the fight is over before either of you were expecting.

----------------------------------------

I nearly crapped myself yesterday, ran into the MB GR room on pluto as my shields were dropping, Shadow hits me for half my hitpoints with 1 burst of CS, the only thing that saved me was he didnt damage my legs, I got my stealth out and cloaked with 20 HLT, ran around a bit and legged it up to my appartment.

Rade
30-01-04, 17:59
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
But I thought you loved the judge? piew piew piew piew piew

When I was PE i loved the judge too. But the damage sucked.

I do, but I went RoLH part because not many people used it and I
guess everyone and his mother will be using judge now... :/

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:08
Originally posted by Rade
I do, but I went RoLH part because not many people used it and I
guess everyone and his mother will be using judge now... :/

You can still be unique.

Maybe go rifles and use silent hunter. :p

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 18:10
If they reverse the dmg changes on the weapons they did not intend to (which I hope they do) then it looks like PEs, especially pistol PEs, have a huge range of viable weapons.
Libyy/BS is still a good choice, BoH/RoLH somewhere between middle and top and slasher up the high end.
Judge takes a somewhat odd position where you can have Libby/BS defence and drug, or not drug and get RoLH/BoH defence, but miss out on the dmg. So whether it's still a viable weapon or not is debateable.

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:12
Can pes use executioner? What is it's TL? That was always a lovely looking weapon IMO.

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 18:14
TL 113, even with fully gimped dex imps, you need to drug.

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:36
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
TL 113, even with fully gimped dex imps, you need to drug.

Ahh so it's only for spies then. Have any spies tested the slasher and executioner's damage in pvp?

Rade
30-01-04, 19:03
Its a bit annoying, executioner and slasher is TL113, the highest
PEs can possibly go without druggin is 112 :D

Dribble, I think you underestimate the judge, its quite a bit better
than what you describe. You get very very close to rolh damage
output, and either moveon or PP resistor so you get better
defence. The only thing you miss out on is stealth 2, which is still
optional for rolh users and they sacrifice dmg for it, and of course,
looking all black and cool :p

Dribble Joy
30-01-04, 19:06
I just think that if you are playing for defence with the judge (Like I do), you might as well go LIbby. If you wanna get really good RoF, then you might as well go RoLH.

Clownst0pper
30-01-04, 19:18
PEs can possibly go without druggin is 112

Yup, Ikari used to regularly use a slasher only 1 drug needed, Nothing major, and its fun for a short while :p

Rade
30-01-04, 20:07
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I just think that if you are playing for defence with the judge (Like I do), you might as well go LIbby. If you wanna get really good RoF, then you might as well go RoLH.

Well, Ive been testing back and forth and I cant see a reason to
go RoLH over judge after last patch. You can either get great
defence (PP+MOVEON) and have close to capped dmg on judge
and so-so damage output, using this setup is more or less same
as lib just different taste, or swap out one chip for a distance 3
and have better defence than a rolh but more or less same
damage output.