PDA

View Full Version : speed gat too powerful

VetteroX
29-01-04, 23:54
Speed gat is tl 75... used to be just a tad less powerful then lib... fair damage. now its damage is insane... much higher then lib... libs 105 on an aggie capt and i belive speed gat is 123 this patch... granted libs a pistol and gats a cannon... but it tl 75... yes i tested in pvp, and on avg, 2 burts of speed gat is as good or better then 1 burst of cs... speed gat is not a rare, fires much faster then CS, has a bigger clip, and aims faster.... while i like the idea of raping some ppusd... I know whats fair and whats not. This is not... please tone it down a bit. Im all for having a rare gat of this power, but for a tl 75 epic prize its just too much.

QuantumDelta
29-01-04, 23:56
Originally posted by VetteroX
Speed gat is tl 75... used to be just a tad less powerful then lib... fair damage. now its damage is insane... much higher then lib... libs 105 on an aggie capt and i belive speed gat is 123 this patch... granted libs a pistol and gats a cannon... but it tl 75... yes i tested in pvp, and on avg, 2 burts of speed gat is as good or better then 1 burst of cs... speed gat is not a rare, fires much faster then CS, has a bigger clip, and aims faster.... while i like the idea of raping some ppusd... I know whats fair and whats not. This is not... please tone it down a bit. Im all for having a rare gat of this power, but for a tl 75 epic prize its just too much. This is one of those reasons I didn't want a rare gat included because I knew, INSANTLY KNEW, they would be MASSIVELY Overpowered due to the performance level of TSG/TGC.
Meh...

Mr_Snow
29-01-04, 23:58
Speedgun is fine go away and stop trying to get anything which makes your ganking harder, its not as if many tanks use it other then out of a gr.

t0tt3
30-01-04, 00:07
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Speedgun is fine go away and stop trying to get anything which makes your ganking harder, its not as if many tanks use it other then out of a gr.

You are smart :rolleyes:

They boost the gun = more dmg...
More dmg = more people will use the gun

Can u see that?

That means it no longer will be a GR weapon and a killer gun to all with less FOR. You will surely say stop whine bitch but still its a TL 75 weapon and its not fair that a epic weapon does more dmg then any other rare.... "tank wise...o_O "

So yea I agree with Vet Nerf the dmg back to pre patch

@Possessed: TY :D Gonna give the cred to retr0n he who made it while his NC didnt work when the gfx card didnt run as he wished. So I noob lvled his tank and he made me a sign :p

Possessed
30-01-04, 00:09
I'm still wondering why the boosted the dmg of HC weps in the first place....

BTW nicely said totte, and nice sig.

Heavyporker
30-01-04, 00:12
wow... thats a gorgeous sig, tott3... I wish i was that inspired...

anyways, are you guys saying they upped HC weapons this patch, or just the speedgun this patch, or just speedgun in general?

Omnituens
30-01-04, 00:12
i hate to agree with mr. nerf-the-monks, but hes right this time.

speed gat was always too powerful imo.

Mr_Snow
30-01-04, 00:13
It doesnt do more then any other tank weapon and if you read what vet said it does less.

Its a cannon so it should do more damage then a pistol because 1 its a fucking cannon and 2 it fucks your run speed while a pistol lets you dance.

If you want weapons that need a nerf, nerf the holy heal and the blacksun both are non-rare and do more damage then their TLs should account for and dont have all artifact stats.

Rade
30-01-04, 00:15
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
This is one of those reasons I didn't want a rare gat included because I knew, INSANTLY KNEW, they would be MASSIVELY Overpowered due to the performance level of TSG/TGC.
Meh...

ditto. Thats been itching me every time the issue has come up...

Whitestuff
30-01-04, 00:15
Originally posted by Possessed
I'm still wondering why the boosted the dmg of HC weps in the first place....

Maybe it is to fix the rank bug where tanks can't really get ***. I dunno, just a thought.

Rade
30-01-04, 00:17
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
Maybe it is to fix the rank bug where tanks can't really get ***. I dunno, just a thought.

rank and combat proficiency arent connected other than that the
former tries to present the later.

Heavyporker
30-01-04, 00:20
TL 75 is TL 75, regardless of artifact stats.

How about cutting 10% off the damage of speedgun?

Well, QD, what if the rare gatling cannon were TL 120 and had, say, 140 H-C as a req? Would that be overpowered, really?

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 00:20
Originally posted by Rade
former tries to present the later. Correct.

Originally posted by Heavyporker
TL 75 is TL 75, regardless of artifact stats.

How about cutting 10% off the damage of speedgun?

Well, QD, what if the rare gatling cannon were TL 120 and had, say, 140 H-C as a req? Would that be overpowered, really?

Stop talking, please, you make my brain hurt.
Infact you make me want to stick my finger through my eye socket into my brain and swirl it around.

Gatlin Cannon of whatever type, most noticably with TSG/TGC are overpowered for their TL.
I used that to level my Tank somewhat.

If a rare version came out it WOULD Be more powerful than Cursed Soul if it were TL 105 and increased respectively FROM the TL vs Damage level of TSG/TGC.
If it were not increased in that fashion, or if TSG/TGC were nerfed so that it could increase in that fashion - Tanks would bitch.

Edit;
Scikar - apparently most/all of the Cannons have been boosted.
Either that or Resists have been nerfed*.

*Both unconfirmed.

Scikar
30-01-04, 00:23
I'd like to see official confirmation of this. Speedgun was fine as it was before, I see no need to boost it, and I don't see why it would be boosted without any mention in the patch notes. Until now Lib has been more powerful than Speedgun, I don't see why this needed to change. If KK wanted to give Tanks a more powerful direct fire piercing weapon then they should give them a rare gat, not stealth boost the Speedgun.

VetteroX
30-01-04, 00:24
[edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming]

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 00:26
I think snow didn't catch onto the fact that TSG seems to have been boosted in this patch*

*Either TSG was boosted or Resists were nerfed, neither confirmed.

Whitestuff
30-01-04, 00:26
Originally posted by Rade
former tries to present the later.

Notice, I never claimed to be right. It was just an attempt at explaining the cannon boost. It's not like KK tell us exactly how the rank system works.

And I beg to differ on that point now that I think about it. When I cap my CS with a HC boost 1, my rank goes up by 2 points, and goes back down when the buff wears, so I do think they are somehow connected.

Whether that is what the boost intended or not, I don't know.

t0tt3
30-01-04, 00:29
It doesnt do more then any other tank weapon and if you read what vet said it does less.

Its a cannon so it should do more damage then a pistol because 1 its a fucking cannon and 2 it fucks your run speed while a pistol lets you dance.

If you want weapons that need a nerf, nerf the holy heal and the blacksun both are non-rare and do more damage then their TLs should account for and dont have all artifact stats.

The mr Snow why not read what he said for once.....:rolleyes:

little pice of the power of gatlin

but it tl 75... yes i tested in pvp, and on avg, 2 burts of speed gat is as good or better then 1 burst of cs... speed gat is not a rare, fires much faster then CS, has a bigger clip, and aims faster....

how many burst can u do with a Gatlin?
how many burst can u do with a CS?

The clip of the CS is 3/4 of a Gatlin. And what Vet say 2 burst of Gat = or > to CS

So over time the Speedy does more dmg then the CS period.
Plus it has faster RoF and faster aim and easier...

Cant say that a weapon does less dmg then an other when you only shoot once. Sure the TL 105 CS does more dmg per hit but that aint the point.

The point is that its still a TL 75 thats 30 TL:s under the CS.

Holy heal? You seen the TL of it? its almost equal to a rare and how can you say its overpowerd? There are nothing that acts like the heal and you need very good setup to even runcast it "if its really possible O_o"

Blacksun.. dunno I dont deal with pistols :D

ezza
30-01-04, 01:40
ahh that would explain why i found my self killing the decayed brutes with i think 49 damage per shot to the normaly 35, wondered why i was getting more money from then realised iwas killing them quick enough for them not to damage themselves.

i though the speed gun was fine as it was before, not used it in PvP though so cant say how it is in that side of things

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 01:42
I seriously hope speedgat hasn't been boosted.

o_O

t0tt3
30-01-04, 01:51
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I seriously hope speedgat hasn't been boosted.

o_O

And they say monks get all love :lol:

- hard to lvl "75% on PSI and 50% on INT *tradeskill only* 33% offensive exp?"
- even harder to lvl now when the APU are increased in req on spells = less mana
- minus 25 ATL on PA means even less resist or health
- speedgat boost "bugg or just a fixed one? But they didnt know the effects... TS <--- TS kk why not look there?"

APU = HAB nothing else, its harder and harder to do dmg but
who cares I gonna stand still and HAB all while Speedgats **** them :p *Mohahahahaha*

@Ezza: so true soo true :D Well now I am really a support monkey well that what you wanted right ? =)

ezza
30-01-04, 01:53
Originally posted by t0tt3
And they say monks get all love :lol:

they do, they will be getting sweet speed gat love;)

Psyco Groupie
30-01-04, 01:58
rare gat with figure of 8 swirly .. my god how cool would that be!

anywho .. didnt take my speedy to my short fight earlier cos it used to suck to anyone but an unbuffed spy/ apu .. will have to try it 2moz

ezza
30-01-04, 01:59
dunno why i carry mine tbh, but strangly where ever i go i have it, only pull it out to hunto_O

L0KI
30-01-04, 02:35
Its now overpowered. Nerf it to pre-patch.

Its better than CS, and it should NOT be.

VetteroX
30-01-04, 02:46
I use it in pvp... CS a ppu then instead of reloading i whip speedy on him... it works. speed was tl 75, couldnt degrade in max quality, all tanks capped aiming and damage... it was good. It is now way too good. I pvped with it and it owns.

Drexel
30-01-04, 05:10
Is this boost a bug ?

Cant see it mentioned. I love the speed gat, only thing I hunt with. But a boost would be questionable because of teh TL.

My H-C PE uses a speed gat, so i might take her out for a spin when I get home. (Have some fun while it lasts).

Now, what zone was Vet last spotted in ? :p

Varaem
30-01-04, 05:15

That's just... wrong.
So a TL 40 unlabelled gatlin cannon should do more damage than a TL 113 slasher laser pistol just because it's a cannon? Regardless that it's like 5 times easier to use?

The point is that the TSG does too much damage for it's tech level, fires too fast, aims too fast, is free, never degrades, and is 120 all stats. The whole point is that the TL is too low for a gun that good. Liberators got nerfed because they were TL 91 and acted better than some TL 100 guns, so why not TSG?

retr0n
30-01-04, 08:55
I'm right now leveling a noob tank on pluto, i cap dmg on speedgat
and get about 200%+ on aiming, I agree that it should be nerfed
to prepatch, there was no need to boost it.

However, about pvp, you cant use it other then opwars, while you
are crouching, running around with it is just not possible.

1) stamina goes bye bye in 2 seconds
2) it's still a gat, so it misses a few shots

So even if it wasnt nerfed back I dont think that alot of people will
be using it in pvp. But i'm all for nerfing it back.

On another note, i logged my ppu on saturn and could easily outheal
it, then i threw a heal on an apu (no s/d) and he outheald it also
while running around and the tank trying to hit him. I know I know
it's a holy heal, but it's not like it's going to **** everything while
we are waiting for a nerf.

//Radium

Finl
30-01-04, 08:58
normal tangent gatling is much better. same rof and more damage - check weapon damage (mod % damage thing info.

Vid Gamer
30-01-04, 09:06
Hm, I'm going to try to get a 120% artifact TGC and see how it does now. :D

WebShock
30-01-04, 09:42
hmmm
/me shelfs 4 slotted flashlit epic cannon

cleans the dust off my 5 slotted tgc :o

maybe this was unintended like the para boost

i honestly dont think it was intentional if it wasnt in the patch notes.

but hey, people are always whining about how tanks cant kill a ppu without another monk present. so maybe things have changed.

Scikar
30-01-04, 11:09
Originally posted by Finl
normal tangent gatling is much better. same rof and more damage - check weapon damage (mod % damage thing info.

Keep telling yourself that the weapon info window is right. Maybe one day it will be.

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 13:57
Originally posted by Scikar
Keep telling yourself that the weapon info window is right. Maybe one day it will be. love it :p

shock ~ I doubt TGC is more powerful than TSG ....that would just make sense.

shodanjr_gr
30-01-04, 14:05
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
love it :p

shock ~ I doubt TGC is more powerful than TSG ....that would just make sense.

From my observations with both weapons (which took place a long time ago though) TGC is better than TSG. The problem is though that the TSG is an all artifact gun while i believe that it is impossible to get an all artifact TGC unless its a 5 slotter with an ultima.

Finl
30-01-04, 14:08
well, im using TCG (i have speed one still) do what u want :)

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 14:12
If this is true, TSG still has it's own benefits and considering what this thread has said, you wouldn't even really need the boosted TGC..

edit;
Hehehe, Lucjan, someone remembered my old TL based Gat damage theory about TGC vs TSG :D

Seriously.
If TGC is more powerful, it's due to a recent(this?) patch.

Lucjan
30-01-04, 14:12
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
From my observations with both weapons (which took place a long time ago though) TGC is better than TSG. The problem is though that the TSG is an all artifact gun while i believe that it is impossible to get an all artifact TGC unless its a 5 slotter with an ultima.

Your observations are plain wrong. When SG got introduced, QD told me that SG seems to do more dmg then TGC means stats on weapon info are wrong. I went to testing it using my 5 slot ultimated TGC that I cap except few % on aiming and the SG did more damage in PvP and PvM.
As I use a 5 slot SG too, some days ago I took the wrong gun from my GoGo and the difference in damage in PvM was still there, thats why I noticed I took the wrong gun ;-)

Darth Slayer
30-01-04, 19:55
Me waits for Vet to get owned by Mosquito or Raptor drone so he can start a new Nerf the dronah thread.........:p

Oath
30-01-04, 20:01
Rare gat = FUCK NO!

Speedgun owns, the damage is upped? i havent had the chance to test it coz my nc is borked.......but i'll be the judge of that :p

So how much is it raised and why?

VetteroX
31-01-04, 04:23
I have a tank.. I killed people with the speed gat... I know whats fair and whats not... And just to spite you droners, my cster has like 280 dex points (0 have been applied) and a bunch of int hanging out... how about I make a droner, and bring a freind to guard my body (i use TS so he can just say "hostile incomming" and beat the crap out of people with my drones?

Damage has been rasied by 30%... 38 a bullet on wbs pre patch, 50 now. thats an insane upgrade.

Scikar
31-01-04, 04:54
It seems most weapons have received similar boosts though so maybe it's not so unfair.

ezza
31-01-04, 04:58
i like the new damage on weapons, its fun.

as for the speed gat, dunno, was dueling][)ank who was using the speed gat, but hard to tell if its better in combat situation or not, its still a pain to aim.

VetteroX
31-01-04, 05:01
yeah its great if your weapons got a boost... NONE of the ones I like did, lib or pain easer (lib may not need a boost but pain easer does... its ok pvp but sucks pvm.) we need a good low tech weapon, it doent have to be BETTER then high tech so stfu the people who i knopw are gonna start shit but we need a good one... maybe higher tl but still low tech..... like a tl 96 gatlin pistol.

ezza
31-01-04, 05:03
yeah its great if your weapons got a boost... NONE of the ones I like did, lib or pain easer (lib may not need a boost but pain easer does... its ok pvp but sucks pvm.) we need a good low tech weapon, it doent have to be BETTER then high tech so stfu the people who i knopw are gonna start shit but we need a good one... maybe higher tl but still low tech..... like a tl 96 gatlin pistol. yeah i think the pain easer could do with a little boost, nothing major, its a good weapon, but it is lacking even compared to the libby

Scikar
31-01-04, 05:12
yeah its great if your weapons got a boost... NONE of the ones I like did, lib or pain easer (lib may not need a boost but pain easer does... its ok pvp but sucks pvm.) we need a good low tech weapon, it doent have to be BETTER then high tech so stfu the people who i knopw are gonna start shit but we need a good one... maybe higher tl but still low tech..... like a tl 96 gatlin pistol.

Have you actually tested them?

VetteroX
31-01-04, 07:54
yes, of course... same damage as pre patch.

Lifewaster
31-01-04, 11:05
Is this not just because they removed TC req this patch on gatling cannons? So tanks are overcapping the relevent STR/HC reqs easier?

At least I thought that was in the patch notes.

Birkoff
31-01-04, 11:24
Another nice lower tech rifle woudl rule.... theres a huge gap atm.

Speed gat i agree needs a little degrade especially as it can be capped out of the GR.

Cytaur
31-01-04, 11:35
now that gatling cannons dont have TC, they can't be double modded :(

ezza
31-01-04, 18:44
hmm im not sure if they are over powered, but i just took a PE to shreads with one at the battle dome, and this was while i was under synap.

however thats not saying i want it nerfed, as other weapons also got imcreased, instead of nerfages back to what they wre increase the damage of the wepons that didnt get increased to be in line with the damage of the current boosted weapons

Shadow Dancer
31-01-04, 20:39
Originally posted by Cytaur
now that gatling cannons dont have TC, they can't be double modded :(

What happens to the gats that are already double modded?

Possessed
31-01-04, 20:40
Nothing, just like the old cannons with laser mods ;) uber sexy

Bl1nd
31-01-04, 22:19
bah speed gat is ok at least for pvp some peeps are using them to pk now and i can tell ya i already wiped like 3 tanks with my melee tank