PDA

View Full Version : Dev and CS boost or Resist Nerf?

Psycho_Soldier
29-01-04, 22:41
I don't know which but what I do know is this. Before patch I took 8 dev burst very shot range headshot, and 11 CS very shot range headshot. Now I take 6 Dev burst and 9 CS burst. Was resist nerfed or CS boosted? If resist were nerfed, why? What is the point in making fights last shorter? This may not seem like a big deal to some but it IS a big deal and im VERY pissed.

Shadow Dancer
29-01-04, 22:43
Maybe the lib aiming fix affected all weapons with bad aiming?

Does that make sense? Maybe more cs blobs hit?

Psycho_Soldier
29-01-04, 22:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Does that make sense? Maybe more cs blobs hit?

Nah, more CS blobs don't hit.

ezza
29-01-04, 22:48
not noticed, only quickly dueled Vet earlier but the CS didnt seem any diffrent in the aiming.

MindMaze
29-01-04, 23:57
omg, they actually put it in... [ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Rade
29-01-04, 23:58
Originally posted by MindMaze
omg, they actually put it in...[ edited ].

que?

t0tt3
30-01-04, 00:01
The you wont miss completly with the libby nerf just get 100% - 1% dmg on all your hits :p

Psycho_Soldier
30-01-04, 00:01
Originally posted by Rade
que?

Me and EE did this test on test server before it went to retail and were pissed about it. We also posted it in the facts thread and they still let it ingame without putting any info in patch notes. Now according to Vet, TSG is overpowered now, I guess that must have got boosted too or resist are really fucked.

Keiron
30-01-04, 00:02
and back to Tank'o'Cron we go:rolleyes:
I wish KK would understand balancing isn't giving each class their'o'cron.

Rade
30-01-04, 00:02
Well if resists are fucked then no biggie since itll effect all equally,
if just some weapons have been boosted and it aint in the patch
notes than thats a bit weird...

Psycho_Soldier
30-01-04, 00:05
Well if resists are fucked then no biggie since itll effect all equally,
if just some weapons have been boosted and it aint in the patch
notes than thats a bit weird...

Even if it was to effect all equally, that would be even worse imo because that would mean fights wouldn't last as long.

naimex
30-01-04, 00:10
since i gave up aiming for good stats on my cs..

(meaning letting my aim % go below 200 %)

ive been hitting better with cs..

hitting 3-4 / 4 blobs almost every time now :D

but ive done that for some time in the last patch too..

Rade
30-01-04, 00:11
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Even if it was to effect all equally, that would be even worse imo because that would mean fights wouldn't last as long.

Well, wether thats good or bad is a matter of opinion and mine
differs from yours.

Psycho_Soldier
30-01-04, 00:22
Well, wether thats good or bad is a matter of opinion and mine
differs from yours.

That is why I said "imo" imo = in my opinion. Would you explain what about your opinion differs from mine? You think its better to have shorter fights?

MindMaze
30-01-04, 00:41
That is why I said "imo" imo = in my opinion. Would you explain what about your opinion differs from mine? You think its better to have shorter fights?

Rofl! I love you man:p

Rade
30-01-04, 01:35
You think its better to have shorter fights?

Yepp.

**edit: theres a half page version of that note, which SD and
others have had to read on occation, but for now youll have to be
satisfied with that.

Promethius
30-01-04, 01:39
Actually to me this just sounds like a case of faulty testing. Just because u test some dmg one try, doesn't mean it'll be the same result over and over....

Obviously they didn't nerf resists or boost any weapons, without putting it in the patch notes.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Psycho_Soldier
30-01-04, 01:43
Originally posted by Promethius
Actually to me this just sounds like a case of faulty testing. Just because u test some dmg one try, doesn't mean it'll be the same result over and over....

Obviously they didn't nerf resists or boost any weapons, without putting it in the patch notes.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who said I did it one try?It is not faulty testing. Test yourself if you want to. I am not a n00b when it comes to this shit, trust me.

ezza
30-01-04, 01:44
i know its not conclusive but i dont think there was a resist nerf cos i was taking a lot more hits from holy lightning than i did before patch, and i dont think its just down to the fact that my PA gives more energy cos it wouldnt effect it that much

Rade
30-01-04, 01:44
Originally posted by Promethius

hehehehehehehehheh hahhahahah hhehe h hohohohooih ihi hih
hiahhah aoh oh oo o ho hoh h hahahahahhahahahaahahh hh
hahhehehhehehehheiihihahahhhihhhhohohahahhahaheh heh a
hh iehaho ho

oh oh oh

ho

ouch dont do that.

Rade
30-01-04, 01:46
Originally posted by ezza
i know its not conclusive but i dont think there was a resist nerf cos i was taking a lot more hits from holy lightning than i did before patch, and i dont think its just down to the fact that my PA gives more energy cos it wouldnt effect it that much

Its most likely not a resist nerf but a cannon boost.

ezza
30-01-04, 01:48
well im down with that, shorter fights are cool by me, op fights will still be long but pking and duels will be swift violent and exciting, make the fight to long and you lose the excitment

^ i mean obviously not if cannons are over powered compared to the other clases weapons though before people think i want the tank to pwn all in seconds flat

Psyco Groupie
30-01-04, 01:49
I just got home and we went to a lil op fight with one ppu .. what a brilliant idea .. anyway .. something was defo different ... dev actually hurts me now .. will have to go and level now :(

ezza
30-01-04, 01:51
well ive been using my dev tonight, and i killed maybe 6 or 7 FA at the outzone subway station, but i cant really say if its been boosted or anything, its proberbly just that iwas on form

Dirus
30-01-04, 02:04
90% of the rares ended up getting boosted. So the Resists are working fine. The amount of boost was not intentional.

Psycho Killa
30-01-04, 02:05
Lupus MAKE THEM FIX PARA PLZ!!

Psyco Groupie
30-01-04, 02:06
so how much did they get boosted and how much willl stay oh weapon god lupus

ezza
30-01-04, 02:06
Originally posted by Lupus
90% of the rares ended up getting boosted. So the Resists are working fine. The amount of boost was not intentional. can you get on to someone to fix para, sort the guards in PP1 and also give tanks 3 star, if you got a spare moment:D

edit: i like the way the damage is now its fun:)

Psycho_Soldier
30-01-04, 02:36
90% of the rares ended up getting boosted. So the Resists are working fine. The amount of boost was not intentional.

How was it not intentional? It was reported in the facts thread on test server forum. Don't the Devs look at that? If not, why even have it?

MindMaze
30-01-04, 02:56
The CS damage stats (68 energy, 55 fire/xray/force) are still the same. How exactly did the weapon get boosted?:confused:
Btw, was hl boosted as well? As we may never find out from testing due to random dmg.

Rade
30-01-04, 04:14
The CS damage stats (68 energy, 55 fire/xray/force) are still the same. How exactly did the weapon get boosted?:confused:
Btw, was hl boosted as well? As we may never find out from testing due to random dmg.

the judge stats is also the exact same as prepatch, but its doing
about 12% more dmg.

**edit: I think I mentioned in the test forum that the actual
energy/whatever damage stats didnt change even tho the
weaposn damage output did.

VetteroX
30-01-04, 04:28
yes its 12%. BoH is doing about 60% more, and executioner is doing A LOT more, like almost double is old damage... I had people running for thier lives with my executioner spy. I fought a few CS tanks, didnt notice a damage increase.

.Cyl0n
30-01-04, 05:02
hmm just been in nf and...SD took like 100 - 110 dmg from one cs burst... jest took around 90 - 100 and my tank took around 90 - 100 too

o_O

.cy

Jest
30-01-04, 05:23
Yah unless Im totally off my rocker, CS damage is doing a helluva lot more damage now.

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 06:45
Hotfix it KK, don't take a fucking month to fix it.

P.S: I hate KK...

SorkZmok
30-01-04, 12:27
Well i think i better retire my rifle spy till this gets fixed cause now i'm getting ***** so fast it's not even funny anymore. o_O

At least i got a droner, that might be fun now...

VetteroX
30-01-04, 12:33
CS got boosted, no question. old damage on cyclops: 108. New damage: 132. 1 20% upgrade. I used to take 12-13 cs hits to drop... now 10. Sucks, we are back to tank-o-cron... sigh.

El_MUERkO
30-01-04, 12:46
BOH got a 60% increase!

VetteroX
30-01-04, 12:51
boh is at about the right place now... judge does more but is less accurite.

Rade
30-01-04, 13:06
Did those cannons need this increase? I was thnking things were
pretty balanced, PEs stealthing and being better guerilla fighters
but Tanks being superior in large group fights etc, now it feels
like it all might have gotten a little skewed again. I felt like the
only guns that needed boosting was the tank AE.

El_MUERkO
30-01-04, 13:08
From Lupus's post i think it was unintentional, I'm just hoping they fix it soon and dont wait till the next patch.

Finl
30-01-04, 13:10
yes and no, its a CANNON, it need to be powerfull, it slows u down , takes 50% of your screen with cannon model and so on.

Rade
30-01-04, 13:13
edit: hm, Im not gonna start flaming people the first thing I do
after I wake up.

Rade
edit: lagdoublefagpost.

s0apy
Did those cannons need this increase?

aye but...

The amount of boost was not intentional.

however, you could take this to mean that they really DID intend to do a small boost of all those cannons, just not so much, or that they intended to boost some cannons, but just no so many. sighs.

well they boosted just about everything, pistols included, but does anyone remember some of us are using lo-tech rifles still? no boost (intentional or otherwise) for the easer that i can detect.

if cannons needed any kind of boost at all, then easers definately need (a little) one. bigger clip, 5% more damage, go faster stripes? jeez - anything, it's been sooooo long.

ezza
30-01-04, 13:14
they went to far with the increase, sure maybe a very small increase would of gone in line with the other weapons getting a boost, but not to the extent that it is now

Lucjan
30-01-04, 13:15

Weapon stats dont mean anything. When weapons got boosted earlier, their stats didnt change. Some weapon stats are completly wrong "by default", I think there are more weapons now with wrong stats in the info window then those with correct ones ;-)

Anyway, it would be nice to hear an official word on what will be done with these unintended boosts. Even if most rare weapons got boosted what seems to be kinda fair, we losing some balance and the "feeling" for damage values we needed so much time to get used to :(

Clownst0pper
30-01-04, 13:23
P.S: I hate KK...

LMFAO :lol:

Fawkes
30-01-04, 14:41
Sorry, I'm too lazy to skim through all the pages - is this going to be fixed or is this boost going to stay?

ezza
30-01-04, 14:42
it wil proberbly be reduced a bit but it will partially stay as they intended to do a small boost.

Fawkes
30-01-04, 14:44
they intended to boost ALL the weapons? ...what's the point?

ezza
30-01-04, 14:54
not all weapons are boosted from what i can tell, though not 100% sure and some were ment to be boosted more than others

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:01
But lupus said CS damage would stay the same.

O_o

Ralendil
30-01-04, 18:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
But lupus said CS damage would stay the same.

O_o

cool...
it is for that, me and some persons I know will give up PE, or monk for gentanks...

don't raise that plz ^^
I want my ubber tank now ^^

the only point that will annoy me is that I think we would find less and less PE... and will only fight against gentank...

welcome Tankocron...

ezza
30-01-04, 18:32
theres still lots of PEs, was in neofrag other day and about 10 PEs in there with my tank

i love my tank, wouldnt swap him for any class in the game.

Shadow Dancer
30-01-04, 18:34
Originally posted by Ralendil
cool...
it is for that, me and some persons I know will give up PE, or monk for gentanks...

don't raise that plz ^^
I want my ubber tank now ^^

the only point that will annoy me is that I think we would find less and less PE... and will only fight against gentank...

welcome Tankocron...

hrmmm? Can you rephrase?

As for tanks, I hope the insane cs boost is lowered considerably.

Lucjan
30-01-04, 18:43
We dont need a CS boost anyway...we really dont.

But I wouldnt mind a small Rav boost in damage...

rubaduckythug
30-01-04, 18:48
the way i see it if ther is a boost then mabey ppl will stop using there devs and start using cs's again :p then you ppl who bitch about the dev and not wantin to have to spec for it will be a lil safer.

Ralendil
30-01-04, 18:53
yes Shadow :))

srry my english is so horrible :(

well I think I will give a try to gentank...

CS was affrous before the patch....
now it is worst...

So as I am not bad at pvp (i think ^^), and as I hardly win against a gentank, I think gentank would be better for me :).

I know some others who thinks same... and we are many like that ...

look at op wars... what is the class the most active ? except ppu for some clan...

Lucjan
30-01-04, 18:59
Ralendil, please just keep one thing in mind: most tanks you see atm are old school tanks, people who played their tanks since forever and longer and they got good. Tank isnt an overpowered class so without knowing that class and having lots of experience with it you might change your mind after losing to every PE that looks strange at you ;-)

Nothing pro or contra your statement, just something to think about. Ive seen several people reroll to tanks when new tank rares were announced and most of them didnt managed it asking now for PAs with build in shields or high level STR belts ;P

Ralendil
30-01-04, 19:08
Originally posted by Lucjan
Ralendil, please just keep one thing in mind: most tanks you see atm are old school tanks, people who played their tanks since forever and longer and they got good. Tank isnt an overpowered class so without knowing that class and having lots of experience with it you might change your mind after losing to every PE that looks strange at you ;-)

Nothing pro or contra your statement, just something to think about. Ive seen several people reroll to tanks when new tank rares were announced and most of them didnt managed it asking now for PAs with build in shields or high level STR belts ;P

and what i would lose ?

I have played a low tech rifle Pe for 4 months...

no stealth...

You can cap a heal with a gentank, make so wonderful damage, run too fast, take too much damage...

what would surprise me ???

the shelter ??? I have tried a spy so I know how to play without... and without armor also ^^ lol

Lucjan
30-01-04, 19:18
Originally posted by Ralendil
You can cap a heal with a gentank, make so wonderful damage, run too fast, take too much damage...

While youre right in theory, in practice the colors begin to fade...
You cant cap a heal, you can deal great damage only when you really hit and this unfortunatly not always depend only on your skill, you wont run that fast while fighting and the damage taking part isnt all that good people tend to think.

But by all means, go ahead, tanks are great (at least in my opinion). Just dont expect too much - your post sounded like you expect an easy overpowered class. Maybe I just misunderstood it, dont blame me ;-)

nonamebrandeggs
30-01-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Lucjan
you wont run that fast while fighting

Yes you will... click here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89155)

or here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89155)