PDA

View Full Version : Why were the amounts of allowable instances of client.exe limited?

Marx
29-01-04, 21:37
I've seen this question all over the test server forum but I've yet to see it answered.

I've been doing the two client thing ever since I became a whole hearted tradeskiller; my FPS were horrible but that's ok - because it's not like watching a line go across the screen is very graphics intensive.

Exploits? If so, what does it prevent? Now that it's not allowed I'd imagine it could be disclosed.

Prevents people from 'whoring' money (res/cons/btr)? No, all a person needs is a central area to work from if they're doing it all by themselves (As is shown by people who do it on 4 char servers). They could easily get a friend to assist as well.

I'm just curious, seeing as now I can't advertise research, repair, construct and recycle.

:(

naimex
29-01-04, 21:52
cause it caused crashes.

Argent
29-01-04, 22:03
It prevents owners of multiple accounts doing things what single account owners weren't able to do. Simple as that. Tough you can still relog fast on 2 diff accounts for example buffing etc.

Read : You can't buy better/easier game experience with more money.

Marx
29-01-04, 22:12
Originally posted by naimex
cause it caused crashes.

For the people doing it, yes. What do they expect when they're sending 2x the data in a 1x space?

It prevents owners of multiple accounts doing things what single account owners weren't able to do. Simple as that. Tough you can still relog fast on 2 diff accounts for example buffing etc.

The simple fact is, you can still do the stuff that you were able to do with 2 accounts. I could still build barter research, I can still buff my dudes up, I can still exchange money (though it's a bit more difficult).

Read: You can buy better/easier game experience with more money. Ever see e-bay?

Nexos
29-01-04, 22:23

sry but thats silly. if i have even more money and buy a second computer, I am allowed to run 2 accounts simultaneously?

Opar
29-01-04, 22:26
ya, it is a bit ****ty that you cant run 2 account anymore. Totally fucked over my APC making.

Vampire222
29-01-04, 22:29
Originally posted by Opar
ya, it is a bit ****ty that you cant run 2 account anymore. Totally fucked over my APC making.

2 pcs

Marx
29-01-04, 22:41
Originally posted by Opar

Do from plaza 4. The crytons spot makes it especially easy.

;)

DonnyJepp
29-01-04, 22:48
Originally posted by Nexos
sry but thats silly. if i have even more money and buy a second computer, I am allowed to run 2 accounts simultaneously?

Yes :D that's what I do :p, I don't know if you asked this question rhetorically.......

Opar
29-01-04, 23:34
Originally posted by Vampire222
2 pcs

I shouldnt have to buy another PC for the sake of a game.

I tried VMware to make a virtual PC shizmitz but it fucked over.