PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Pistol PE

MrBiggles
29-01-04, 21:11
I've seen several people in different threads posting about how fast they leveled their pistol PE chars up, and I'm wondering what it is I'm missing.

I'm at 55 dex, using the dex38 SMG, and doing cyclops missions...and the leveling is VERY VERY slow. Is there some trick that I don't know about, something different I should be doing?

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 21:14
My suggestion is to get a higher tech level gun. You improve faster with higher level weapons, and I often drug and implant my stats like mad if I feel like rapidly raising a stat. If your dex is 50 and you're using a lvl 38 weapon, your experience is probably coming in much more slowly than it should.

Parker
29-01-04, 21:15
How much pistol skill do you have? The better you can use the gun - the quicker you'll kill things and the more exp you'll get.

Also - get a filter 1 and poison belt and get to a swamp cave asap (it helps if you have a friendly monk to help you)

Also - play with your imps - and get the highest tl gun you can - and get one built with good stats. Given the gatlins are now non-tech - they might be an idea but you really want the tangent epic pistol when you can use it

JP

Neo-Nightmare
29-01-04, 21:15
Then head to El farid dungeon: kill scorpions in the pits.
After, chain WB, you'll hit the DEX lvl pretty fast.
For CON... red point rules !
Go there all nude and avoid those rockets launched by 120/120 doom harbinger.
oh, bring a heal and a resist 2 spell, that will help :)
If you don't cap your PE within 2 week, that's mistery :D

Xian
29-01-04, 21:16
Swamp cave is a nice place to go into, as Parker suggested. You'll want a higher tech level gun, too.

MrBiggles
29-01-04, 21:16
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
My suggestion is to get a higher tech level gun. You improve faster with higher level weapons, and I often drug and implant my stats like mad if I feel like rapidly raising a stat. If your dex is 50 and you're using a lvl 38 weapon, your experience is probably coming in much more slowly than it should.

I've heard this both ways, some people say the higher level gun levels you faster, others say that it doesn't matter what gun you use....

so it DOES matter on the gun?

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 21:20
Absolutely it matters. Get yourself something bigger ASAP. If possible with your budget, get something significantly higher than your dex that you can reach through implants and heavy drug use, the drugs are expensive, the haze is a pain, but the experience is worth it 10 fold.

Cyphor
29-01-04, 21:28
Best advice i can give is to team, reguardsless of other factors, in a team of people with similar combat ranks you should get exp pretty fast, and one of the best places to go for team exp would be the chaos caves, although you might have to watch your back from enemies. And if your dex is base 55 try to get imps to use the dex 68( i think) uzi. Also your best staying low tech for now as you'll cap your weapon easier which means more damage and in turn more exp :)

Jest
29-01-04, 21:33
Originally posted by Cyphor
Best advice i can give is to team, reguardsless of other factors, in a team of people with similar combat ranks you should get exp pretty fast, and one of the best places to go for team exp would be the chaos caves, although you might have to watch your back from enemies. Agreed, for the PE the gun you use is largely irrelevant compared to teaming exp. You NEED to team.

Ehyuko
29-01-04, 21:36
Higher TL guns give more xp... but the xp you get from a gun is also based on the damage you do, so if you're doing crap damage with a high TL gun chances are you'll get bad xp for it also.

Also contrary to popular belief it's better to fight enemies around your own or not much more then 20 ranks higher then yourself, since their armour and health is based on their rank, fighting higher level enemies will give less xp due to lower damage [except in your con :p].

So sending a rank 30/38 into the swamp caves to fight rank 70+ mobs doesn't really help them level faster then say sending them into storage 7/8 to fight clops, I've found it's actually slower.

HumphreY
29-01-04, 21:41
Are you playing on Saturn? If that is the case, come to the cave near TG and team up.

Unless ur TT or BD u dont have to worry being pked. ;)