PDA

View Full Version : My NC Player just got beat by a NWN player!!!

hudsonbeck
29-01-04, 20:05
So here is the premise....
I emailed my friend who playing NC for about a year now and i said...
NC = the win
NWN = Ass

This was his response :) (he has a strong NWN and Diablo background)
Flame if you will... I thought it was awesome!

Hudson = My NC monk (was Hybrid, now PPU)
Rontasia = His NWN character (not sure class as i rarely play NWN)

Hudson casts shelter, deflector, and hazard. He only casts hazard since you can only have one such buff at a time in NC.

Rontasia casts spell resistance, greater spell mantle, elemental shield, shadow shield, bless weapon, Bull's strength, and Eagle's Splendor. Multiple buffs are more than welcoms in NWN.

Hudson parashocks Rontasia.

Rontasia's fortitude save would probably be impenetrable for such a spell, but otherwise her spell resistance would cause it to fail. Plus she wears a cloak of the Arachnid that gives her Freedom, so she could never be slowed.

Hudson dmg boosts Rontasia.

Because of the high level Charisma bonus to her spell resistance, Rontasia shrugs off the dmg boost.

Were Hudson still a hybrid, he might try a holy fire spell.

If the fire spell beat Rontasia's resistance, which is unlikely, her Spell Mantle would absorb the bulk of the dmg, and her Red Dragon Armor would protect her from the rest.

Hudson tries to punch Rontasia.

Rontasia has achieved an armor class well over 40, so if Hudson were to take a week's worth of swings at her, he could never land a blow.

Hudson tries to run.

Rontasia casts Greater Sanctuary, and goes invisible. Her "hasted" Drone morning star allows her to catch up to him with ease.

Cleverly, Hudson uses his True Sight Sanctum, and once again is able to see Rontasia.

Unfortunately, Rontasia can cast Greater Dispelling, and strips Hudson of his sanctum and all his other buffs.

Hudson tries to zone.

Rontasia casts Hammer of the Gods, stunning Hudson, and doing 1d6+her Charisma modifier in fire damage. Hudson forgot to put con points into fire, which he is regretting at this point.

Hudson tries to...nothing. He is stunned. He can't do a thing.

Rontasia casts negative energy on Hudson, stripping him of several strength points and character levels.

Hudson's stun has worn off and is able to move again...but can't. Rontasia has stripped him of some strength points that were needed for transport. Hudson is overloaded.

Rontasia casts gust of Wind, which knocks Hudson to the ground.

Hudson can't do anything since he's been knocked down.

Rontasia lays into him with her Drone morning star, doing force, pierce, electric, and negative energy damage. It also has sleep, so Hudson has a snooze.

Hudson snores.

Rontasia toys with the idea of killing him, but instead turns him to stone, so she can sex him whenever she pleases.

THE END :)

I thought it was very good and a nice read....
I hope he doesn't mind me posting here.

Hudson

Exile
29-01-04, 20:17
good stuff

thx for the laugh :lol:

J. Folsom
29-01-04, 20:19
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
Rontasia toys with the idea of killing him, but instead turns him to stone, so she can sex him whenever she pleases. Hah, won him over at the end, eh? :p

Check the italicized part of you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about.

Cytaur
29-01-04, 20:19
nerds !

hudsonbeck
29-01-04, 20:21
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Hah, won him over at the end, eh? :p

lol.... na, wonn him over from the start...
in another email, we figured that he has played NC approx 2345 hours in the past year.
That has left little time for NWN :)

Hudson

superfresh
29-01-04, 20:31
Rontasia is a clvl 27 Epic Cleric.

:cool:

Originally posted by hudsonbeck
...in another email, we figured that he has played NC approx 2345 hours in the past year.

Aye. And that's just my tradeskiller.

DonnyJepp
29-01-04, 20:53
Nerf the hammer of god, it ruins PVP :D

Devils Grace
29-01-04, 20:54
if it was neocron someone would be asking for a nerfff

:rolleyes:

Judge
29-01-04, 20:54
Whoa.... how do you go epic in NWN? Is this the new Hordes of the Underdark expansion. If so do you need to have the first expansion to play HoTU?

superfresh
29-01-04, 20:56
Yes, it's the HotU expansion, and as far as I've heard you don't need the first one.

Any class level beyond level 20 becomes "Epic". You get Epic feats & stuff.

Originally posted by DonnyJepp
Nerf the hammer of god, it ruins PVP :D

LOL

Jest
29-01-04, 21:04
Hehehe nice. Though if it was me I would have just fired a nuke at her from the Military Base. :p

Xian
29-01-04, 21:05
Originally posted by Jest
Hehehe nice. Though if it was me I would have just fired a nuke at her from the Military Base. :p

Yeah, or introduced her to a CS/devourer/Moonstriker at incredibly close range. Or, just run her over in a Rhino.

Comie
29-01-04, 21:47
thats the problem using DnD 3rd ed against NC.. yu got a lot of scope how to use yur spells. as its magic vs PSI... yu just mem wipe her... (open the scope on yur spells..) then dominate... then yu win

Nightbrother
29-01-04, 22:02
You would have won, if you used your brain, dude. Heh. You cast only 3 PSI-modules while she casts 7 spells that take a long time to cast. Do you just stand around and wait for her to cast the remaining 4 spells? ;)