PDA

View Full Version : nice job screwing over med lvl monks ...

[F6]Knight
29-01-04, 19:16
i log on with my med lvl monk, first thing i noticed is that i cant use my spell anymore
ok ... they were gonna raise apu and ppu needs on spells but i was running around with a TL 55 spell that needed 87 apu before the patch and with 111 apu i cant use it anymore? wtf?
i check the info: ppu 120 !!! WHAT THE HELL ???

HAVE U COMPLETELY LOST YOUR MIND ???

since i have above 100 already i need to get 9 !!!! more lvls before i can use my freaking TL 55 spell again. by the time i get 9 more lvls i should be running around with holy fire halo ffs.

first thing i can do is lom away psi power to get more apu ... tnx a lot for screwing over medium lvl monks

ppl would except a slight increase in apu/ppu ... not freaking almost 50% ...

L0KI
29-01-04, 19:27
u have APU chips in ur head?

Mumblyfish
29-01-04, 19:28
Medium-level monks were too powerful anyway, compared to medium-level "any other class here". Noone can dispute that.

Ascension
29-01-04, 19:29
Originally posted by [F6]Knight
i log on with my med lvl monk, first thing i noticed is that i cant use my spell anymore
ok ... they were gonna raise apu and ppu needs on spells but i was running around with a TL 55 spell that needed 87 apu before the patch and with 111 apu i cant use it anymore? wtf?
i check the info: ppu 120 !!! WHAT THE HELL ???

HAVE U COMPLETELY LOST YOUR MIND ???

since i have above 100 already i need to get 9 !!!! more lvls before i can use my freaking TL 55 spell again. by the time i get 9 more lvls i should be running around with holy fire halo ffs.

first thing i can do is lom away psi power to get more apu ... tnx a lot for screwing over medium lvl monks

ppl would except a slight increase in apu/ppu ... not freaking almost 50% ...

ITs bound to hit you... but it needed to be done.. get lvling
or u can have a whine gum ;)

Mr_Snow
29-01-04, 19:31
**/40 apus tend to kill anything but capped of all other classes so they were over-powered

Always thought apus drugging to toxic halos killing capped PEs was funny though.

[F6]Knight
29-01-04, 19:34
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Medium-level monks were too powerful anyway, compared to medium-level "any other class here". Noone can dispute that.

too powerfull ???

tanks do lots of dmg and got shitloads of life
PE's got good dmg and good life
spies got good dmg and decent life
monks got uber dmg and ... shit for life?

its all pretty balanced but now we get to sacrifice precious psi power to get way too much apu ...

Ascension
29-01-04, 19:34
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
**/40 apus tend to kill anything but capped of all other classes so they were over-powered

Always thought apus drugging to toxic halos killing capped PEs was funny though.

They are overpowered until high lvl.. being an apu i thought im gonna try a tank.. so i go into aggies lvling away.. then a low lvl apu comes down and out damages my lvl 30 tank..

Theres a reason for them to do that;)

Originally posted by [F6]Knight
too powerfull ???

tanks do lots of dmg and got shitloads of life
PE's got good dmg and good life
spies got good dmg and decent life
monks got uber dmg and ... shit for life?

its all pretty balanced but now we get to sacrifice precious psi power to get way too much apu ...

What do ya want.. an APU with the HP of a tank :wtf: they sacrifice that.. its called class balance

steweygrrr
29-01-04, 19:40
Hear hear Ascention.

I play an APU and at times I think he's WAY overpowered (650 damage at 72 per min to a 120/120 is not enough? lol) so a reduction in their power is kind of necessary. BTW will these new raised reqs lower your damage, ROF and range with the new versions?

Richard Blade
29-01-04, 19:49
I haven't tested anything on my PPU, he just meets the requirements of the spells he easily used before.

However, all his % stats seem to be where they were before.
So, the increase in APU/PPU required doesn't seem to change anything that you had before. It's just a lock on whether you can use it or not.
Plus, I seem to recall seeing a post by one of the devs in the test forum that said it wouldn't change anything except access to the spell.

Strych9
29-01-04, 20:47
All info about power aside, the fact remains that the PPU now needs 120 in his primary skill for a TL 55 weapon. To compare:

Similar TL weapons:

Long Laserblade II- Required MC: 87
Unlabeled Sunray Pistol- Required PC: 89
Tangent Lightbringer FR-118- Required RC: 88
Unlabeled Plasma Cannon- Required HC: 87

Similar primary skill reqs:
Moon striker, TL 110
Healing light, TL 110

Now seriously, do you not see whats wrong with having a TL 55 spell require the same amount of primary skill investment as a TL 110 weapon for other people?????

Richard Blade
29-01-04, 21:16
As of right now, to me, it's nothing more than a requirement to use better stuff.

However, in the past and even now, I see it as psi modules being completely unbalanced for their stats.

Or, the other weapons in this game are messed up.

phunqe
29-01-04, 21:34
They should consider doing a psi point release.
The "nerf" was to reduce hybrids. However pures were affected a lot as well, and they should not be punished.
If the nerf was intended for the pures, sure. This wasn't however.

Strych9
29-01-04, 21:37
Again, I am not saying that a TL 55 Psi Module is on par with a TL55 weapon (I mean heck, Spy Resist 2 at TL 55 is MUCH MUCH more powerful than an unblabeled plasma cannon... ???) but if the problem is being too powerful for level, adjust the TL or the power... but damn, can a tank be expected to spec for a Moonstriker with Str of 55?

Heavyporker
29-01-04, 21:43
what the...

havent been able to check ingame yet, but if what you're saying is true...

120 in a subskill is insane for a TL 55 item. I think that doesn't really take into account the MST requirement and the fact that monks simply HAVE to spec ppw for any kind of mana.

Considering that it takes, what, 36 levels to get to 100 in a subskill, leaving 19 levels (at 5 points each, and each level above 100 taking 5 points per point...) that doesn't seem to give ANY room in terms of MST and ppw. And level 2 implants atm aren't easy enough to get at all, not by a long shot. Level 1 implants are shit at level 50 and above, and level 3 implants are beyond your reach. Moreover, I absolutely depise the idea of MUST HAVING implants to do shit for leveling or hunting.

Spex
29-01-04, 21:45
What about non-monk classes using passive spells, especially PEs?

Strych9
29-01-04, 21:52
Just to expand on this further- without taking imps into account, a PPU of 120 requires 275 skill points. Monk starts with what, 78 points in Psi? So thats 197 points needed. Round to 200, divide by five... thats 40 levels of Psi that all have to go into PPU just to use the TL 55 spell. And it starts at 5 on a newb, so that means it will take 100% dedicated to PPU only with all Psi points unti the monk reaches level 45 Psi.

BUT they need MST as well.

On and did we mention that PPW is needed for mana?

The MST for that spell is 59. So that is 68 skill points. Thats another 14 levels of Psi.

Now we are at a Psi of 59 needed to be able to cast a TL 55 spell. And thats with zero in PPW.

Def Psi Proc you can buy, as the other level 1 Psi imps... but the Def Psi Proc 2 is hard to come by.

I hope people can see this is a simple feasibility issue, not a power issue.

EDIT: Just spoke with my bud in game. His APU (pure) has 62 Psi, 70 with imps, and he can JUST cast the TL 55 Holy Energy Halo.

Considering that higher TL spells are needed for faster levelling- DAMN yet another reason this sucks for us mid level pure monks.

Looks like my monk may have to get rerolled if she has to use spells 20 psi levels lower than where she used to be.

Heavyporker
29-01-04, 22:03
mentioned that already stryc :)

The points needed and the imps and all that.

But, yes, let's go beyond mere feasiblity. You forget that the apu needs the so-called uber damage in the first place. Game mechanics allows to use SOME cover to preserve our frail bodies, hence, why we MIGHT outdamage some people in the short term.

Say "bah, you n00bz0rs, use a lower TL spell and level up" and you ignore that those lower TL spells only puts us at a similar damage (or weaker) basis as other classes WHILE STILL HOBBLED by our weak consitution. Our range's also piss at that level - perhaps 50-120 meters at best, while all the other classes at that level using ranged weapons get 200+ meters (aoe, cannons, drones, and rifles) and those pistoleros and meleeists have their superior consitution to fall back on.

Strych9
29-01-04, 22:07
LOL, sorry, didnt read every point in the thread. Too flabbergasted that monks now have to use spells so far below their actual Psi level.:(

Strych9
29-01-04, 22:28
Some more thoughts:

TL 41 Spell. Needs 78 PPU, 50 MST. That comes out to 159 Skill Points needed.

TL 45 Spell. Needs 90 PPU, 53 MST. That comes out to 201 Skill Points needed.

So the difference between 41 and 45 Psi in terms of spell reqs is 42 Skill points.

Skill points earned between Psi 41 and Psi 45 is 20.

So 22 extra skill points are just needed to materialize out of nowhere.

Excellent.

Richard Blade
29-01-04, 22:34
I hear where you're coming from S9, my PPU feels it too.

The Holy Heal takes 140 or 141. I've got 1 point over that, whereas before, I had a very comfortable spread of points.
Now, I don't dare put anymore into PPW for fear of not being able to get anymore PPU for the next couple of spells.

Strych9
29-01-04, 22:36
Welli its not AS bad when you get up to the higher levels of Psi. There at least you have access to imps that really help out.. noteably Psi Core.

Its in the Psi 40-80 where its the roughest. I guess it wont hurt PPUs in the fact that they get exp from teams... but now a Psi 70 APU has to use TL 50ish spells.

Oh well, we will see how it goes. :)

RAB
29-01-04, 22:41
range has been seriously nerfed - I was and still am fully capped % on a holy nrg halo and pre patch I had just short of 300m range - now I have less than half that - not much more than my beam ! :( Not very happy about that at all !! :(

El Barto
30-01-04, 01:11
I have the same prob with my PPU, I can't use half my fucking spells ffs.

Judge
30-01-04, 01:15
Even I, who enjoy seeing monks suffer normally, see that this is very harsh. In trying to balance out hybrids they have severely nerfed the leveling of Monks. Mid level monks were indeed slightly overpowered, but this sounds like it is taking the biscuit.... reqs seem way too high :(

Though it could just be people overreacting. Ah well, off to bed.