PDA

View Full Version : RPGVault BDOY Feature #3

Thanatos
29-01-04, 19:15
Peek #3: Customizable Player Apps (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/476/476110p1.html)

Enjoy!

Nexxy
29-01-04, 19:17
lol...

Guess this is why we havent had dynamic objects put backin...

Sefran
O im gonne like this , cool parties in my app. Even more realism luve it Sex.

Barar
Really nice job - be like a new game :)

Marx
29-01-04, 19:20
Interesting, but the question still stands: Will there be a friends/coowner list?

I guess that one will have to wait for 'the list' though.

edit - would it also be possible to put in the buzzers that open the door for anyone?

Would be cool

;)

Sefran
29-01-04, 19:22
I hope it will be possible to actually SHARE a app with somebody else , cause only way is to be in a clan that kinda sucks and is very unusefull.

Oryx
29-01-04, 19:24
oh my .....very nice. That is really sweet.

Nightbrother
29-01-04, 19:25
Originally posted by Thanatos
Peek #3: Customizable Player Apps (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/476/476110p1.html)

Enjoy!

:D :D I'm very sure we most certainly will. :D :D

Maester Seymour
29-01-04, 19:25
omfg. I'm speechless....

I've always wanted to customize apartment like that :eek: :D

*gets all giddy* ^^

-=z=-
29-01-04, 19:26
ONOZ!!! there goes all my extra cash... good job KK :D

I can't wait to redecorate my PP apts in BD style :cool:

Ascension
29-01-04, 19:27
*creams self* OMG HOW SEXY is that

BRING ON THE LIST.. also *mjs is online, maybe teh list :o*

jernau
29-01-04, 19:27
Oooh Sim-o-cron. :D

Only kidding - looks nice.

Will there be more cyber-punk type furniture too? And grim stuff for the PP/DoY apts?

/edit - there's heavy usage of the future tense in these articles - me thinks DoY is still a long way off....

naimex
29-01-04, 19:29
sounds nice..

wouldnt mind highteching up the place...

throwing a few dead droms up the wall..

jernau
29-01-04, 19:32
It would be cool if you could only get certain trophy items in exchange for special items or junk. eg a stuffed snake for 10 snake minion teeth or a set of mounted swords for 5 Soulblades.

Inchenzo
29-01-04, 19:35
somehow it kinda doesn't fit in the neocron style, or it's just me O_o

Ascension
29-01-04, 19:36
no it doesnt.. because it actually looks good;)

Psycho_Soldier
29-01-04, 19:40
Can we see what they look like ingame? Because they look like renders. Also what about the BDoY feature list. Wasn't that promised to be released by the end of January? Oh btw, awesome new info :p

petek480
29-01-04, 19:45
I think they might of mixed those screen shots up with some screen shots of the simso_O

Kasumi
29-01-04, 19:45
Uh Not really sure what to say about, it is very nice looking graphics but ummm er.. bah.. Nevermind!!! lol Oh well Nice job on teh customisable apartments!! :) I like the Asian stuff I think, maybe.. hehe Oh well! :P

Tratos
29-01-04, 19:59
sounds top notch!

let us share apps and you've got yourselfs a hands down winner

~T

greendonkeyuk
29-01-04, 19:59
people wanted a cash sink didnt they? Hell its a start aint it...

i like the idea personally, might even give DRE members something PROPER to ROLEPLAY. maybe. err whats roleplay?

Richard Blade
29-01-04, 20:03
<sarcasm on> Just great. Lovely furniture. Trophies on the walls. Oh, look, a privacy screen for changing into something more comfortable.

Peachy. What about the damn toilet?!<sarcasm off>

:D
I like it.
Will they be posting maximum capacities for number of cabinets allowed? Or, just a trial and error thing?

Since Neocron is supposed to be Cyber Tech oriented, the high tech setups will be awesome, but what about a retro 50's silver rocket plane mel's diner kinda look? Best example I can give for that is Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. Or maybe Nuns with Guns, but that was a little more 70's.

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 20:04
Weee. Nice.

J. Folsom
29-01-04, 20:06
To allow the effective furnishing of apartments, empty versions will be made available to the players. Some things like the GenRep terminal and the door buzzer will be pre-installed though. Cabinets will be available also, although only a certain amount of them will be allowed.Yay!

[Edited without being edited by a mod, :p]

Shame they're renders though, I'd prefer a look at how it would be in-game.

Psycho Killa
29-01-04, 20:06
Can we kill people and mount there heads? :lol:

Drake6k
29-01-04, 20:12
omg.... I'm saving a ton of money to get the best black dragon asian ownage apartment ever.

mr murb
29-01-04, 20:19
The furniture will look very nice next the wooden boxes in my storage cell. o_O

Drake6k
29-01-04, 20:23
Originally posted by J. Folsom
[gone]

shhh we cant let everyone know

[lmao]

J. Folsom
29-01-04, 20:24
Originally posted by Drake6k
shhh we cant let everyone know I'll edit mine if you edit yours :p

lullysing
29-01-04, 20:34
If they do this, i want warehouse spaces ( like the current DRE epic app ) to be available. I want more outzone custom appartments.

Clyde
29-01-04, 21:02
as i said before, BoY is starting to look more like the wait was worth it. rather than it being just a new city release. It seems like its really gonna change the feeling and the way the game is played now. Very big ups KK

joran420
29-01-04, 21:06
god damn those are the sexy :)

Vampire222
29-01-04, 21:07
Nice work kk... one thing remains... the holy List

KeithMyath
29-01-04, 21:31
Sounds really good, I missed the days when that feature was around, although saturn's Constclub in VR3 has been a great example. I just wish there was a friend list, I mean who hasnt heard of a clan with their communal clan hall, inducting some prick who makes off with half the shit in the place. I want a list so I can get my alt's into my apts, my friends should be able to walk in aswell. Constclub has two buzzers, the normal bell and a 500cr entrance fee switch that opens the door for you, even something of that type would really help alot. STILL WE NEED A FRIEND LIST.

ALSO: anybody notice how asian/far-east those pics were, methinks the Dome of York will have the look and feel of an eastern Red-light district, or at least alot of asain flavour, would definitly fit in with the Mall areas (read market space). Anyways another feature that looks interesting.

still waiting for the list

Heavyporker
29-01-04, 21:34
Wow.... fucking wow...

While they look amazing, I have to confess they're as far as you can get from "cyber-punk" and "post-apocalyptic" style as you can get... I have to confess I LIKE the plaza-style furniture (non-rusted steel and black plastic and glass)... And I agree with lullysing about outzone-style warehouse spaces - I hope my OZ apts won't get fucked over. The wooden boxes, huge crates, and dirty floors have their appeal. Will there be a "plaza-style" furniture style set that we can play around with?

Will cabinets be moveable? And are they move-once or you can continue to diddle around with their placement? And if you put them down once, stuff them with some items, and decide you dont like the cabinet there, you move it - will the items still be in the cabinet or does it get wiped? (It's a valid concern, I think)

joran420
29-01-04, 21:40
so is that the whole list? 3 items? or is there more comin in the next 2 days?

and yeah can we have an access list on these new apts to allow friends in even if we are off line and a cab access list? just curious

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 21:41
Can we mount Drom heads on our walls? :wtf:

I hope there are options to make my outzone appartment look even more crappy than it already is. :)

Will there perhaps be faction specific decorations, so I can celebrate my faction loyalties in style?

Tratos
29-01-04, 21:51
Originally posted by joran420

i _think_ that they will do a list like

- hacknet
-NC shineyness
- dynamis objects
-others nice DOY feature
-etc
-etc

and then cover them in detail in sneak peaks like this.

~T

QuantumDelta
29-01-04, 21:51
Originally posted by joran420

and yeah can we have an access list on these new apts to allow friends in even if we are off line and a cab access list? just curious Yes, I was wondering that too.

Tratos - I do hope so ;)

http://vaultmedia.ign.com/rpgvault/image/neocronbdoy012903.jpg
They even designed one for Naruto, Kenshin and Gokou (Iasius nor QD will have those style :p) hehehe me happy.
Nice job.

Holger Nathrath
29-01-04, 22:39
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
Can we mount Drom heads on our walls? :wtf:

What about Drom butts? :D :rolleyes: :angel:

Oath
29-01-04, 22:41
Originally posted by Holger Nathrath
What about drom butts? :D :rolleyes: :angel:

FUCKING A PLASTIC DROM BUTTS!!!!!!!EONEeone

Can i have the latex version? :p :angel:

Can i retrofit a Vibrator extension too? maybe also have a little heating element in it??

wOOt!ooen

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 22:42
Drom butts? What the hell, do you actually want people to explore the new world, because all they'd be doing is sexing their shiny new drom butt.

Nerf teh drom butz

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 23:15
Looks good to me :lol: :D

RuriHoshino
29-01-04, 23:19
Originally posted by Oath
FUCKING A PLASTIC DROM BUTTS!!!!!!!EONEeone

Can i have the latex version? :p :angel:

Can i retrofit a Vibrator extension too? maybe also have a little heating element in it??

wOOt!ooen

8|
I worry about you, Oath, I really do. o_O

You should get out a little more. :lol:

[TgR]KILLER
29-01-04, 23:21
Omg sooo sexy.. now just give us huge Apps so we can mod alot :D

Keiron
29-01-04, 23:25
The pictures look really SEXEH. I just hope the list released this month. If it isn’t, I’ll be quitting NC. KK don’t make me quit…please!

NS_CHROME54
29-01-04, 23:48
urgh this just doesn't excite me very much.

Mingerroo
30-01-04, 00:03
I just have to say, that the dojo room set looks fucking HOT. I am totally in love with DoY already, I can barely wait for it's release (finally it isn't TOTALLY about PvP, I can spend days chilling 'The Sims' style in between OP fights.)

:D 50000 freaking stars :p

Steve

[TgR]KILLER
30-01-04, 00:07
oki question..

clanapps..

can u mod the clan appartments with the new stuff to ? and who can.. only clan leader.. high ranked ?

Heavyporker
30-01-04, 00:10
oh, fuck, killer - GOOD question!

That would be critical to a lot of clans, I would think...

Ohh man... Perhaps the NExT clan apts won't be so fucking lame now...

Seriously, why the hell is NExT clan apt the same as CA apt? We're corporate, not political, so why such a crap apt? Only saving grace is 4 cabs by gogo... thats it... chair in front of desk is broken too!

Mr. Chainsaw
30-01-04, 00:50
I hope we can put faction related stuff around. Hang "we love Reeza" posters in cityadmin appts, maybe have a glass display case of a warbot in a citymerc appt?

Wait scratch that last one, it would involve more sexing than Drom butts :P

Spoon
30-01-04, 01:15
What no Lava Lamps?!??!?!?!?1111

:confused:

(Yeah, I know, too retro)

Anyway the the customizable stuff looks cool........

Although, I afraid it looks like I won't be able to play BDOY on my current PC....:(

I was afraid of that, when I saw the new Plaza screenies......

Richard Blade
30-01-04, 02:00
Spoon!!!

Lava lamps.

You're a genius.

No, seriously. I've got two of my own.

I can see my Tanks VR apartment with a couple of those.

He could invite all his Jazz musician friends over, they could smoke some ..... err uh, yeah, lava lamps. That would rule.

Birkoff
30-01-04, 02:07
Originally posted by Nexxy
lol...

Guess this is why we havent had dynamic objects put backin...

lol, thas exactly what i thought when i read it :D

Benjie
30-01-04, 04:09
Sorry nevermind. Dumb post. =/

Benjie
30-01-04, 04:11
There needs to be....

New bland Appartments
Lightswitches for the main lights
Make Viarosso appartments Daker
IMO all Appartments should now come unfurnished. Or the furnature that is there by default is removable.
Flowers, Lamps and paintings should be sold in a Funky shop in plaza. Don't sell them at the same place as the hardware furnature please.
PP Furnatures should sell second hand looking stuff, all rusty and worn.
Viarosso should sell the nice looking stuff. Seperate it, don't make all vendors sell the same stuff.
They should implament a new warehouse building where you can see the furnature layed out on shelves before you buy it.
Candles would be nice, and the colour could slightly effect the lighting of the whole room. It would add some nice atmospheric stuff. Would be my favoraite thing if this was implamentable.
I would like to see more Western Culture furnature. IE Black Leather couches.

CR@SH
30-01-04, 06:19
Looking sexy KK keep up the good work but as others have said making a buddy list for apartments or shared apts would be peachy. ;)

mdares
30-01-04, 09:12
I want a toilet... been holding it in for the last few NC years...

YoDa-UK
30-01-04, 10:29
Nice.

List? where is it ffs, please release the list today so i know if im going to cancell all my accounts before the next payment is due :(

Mingerroo
30-01-04, 11:37
Originally posted by Benjie
There needs to be....

New bland Appartments
IMO all Appartments should now come unfurnished. Or the furnature that is there by default is removable.

First point, it says in the article that there will be purchasable bland apartments so you can fill them with what you want.

Second point, why? If you don't want furniture just buy an empty apartment, some people, those with starter appartments for example, will want to have furniture. As for removing these items, I'm pretty sure that will come as standard, either with a special tool or by using them and selecting something from a menu (tool sounds more likely).

Steve

INFERNO22
30-01-04, 11:38
well this would be great to crate your own 1 v 1 dueling arenas

+ modding clan appys would be cool(i did it to my clan appy when the objects where released on Nc 1 ,anyone
could place em though + the tables i made never got deleted =)

[TgR]KILLER
30-01-04, 12:22
Yea any word of modding clan appies ?

and what about the modding rights.. can only ppl who activated / own the keys mod an app ? or in case of a clan the high ranked members ? would be wierd if everybody just could mod your place imo..

and shared apps ? any official word if those ever come.. would be damn cool :p

rubaduckythug
30-01-04, 18:44
sweet :eek: finally ill be able to add mroe cabients, that will be a lto ez'r instead of having to buy like 3 diff LVL 3 apts to store all ya shit o_O

paolo escobar
30-01-04, 18:51
this is gr8 news, tho i guess this means that u wont be sticking to what mjs said about releasing the full list by the end of this month, i guess this also means BDoY is much further away than many ppl expected.
So to a certain extent this not good news as these last 3 sneak peeks are really just to shut ppl up and let them think doy is about to be released.

PLZ give us more info, or open up the zoo, or the oz. PLLLLLEEEEEZZZZ

Bozz-Von Mel
30-01-04, 19:06
So now the game is going to be just like a dollhouse. Virtual dollhouse with chat.

Leebzie
30-01-04, 19:15
I have to say. I certainly wasnt expecting this !!!

:cool: SEX :cool:

Good job KK !

joran420
30-01-04, 20:28
yeah i agree with all starting apartments should come funished ...but all store bought apartments should be totally empty.....but i dont think theyre releasing the list when they said they would

Judge
30-01-04, 20:47
Originally posted by Bozz-Von Mel
So now the game is going to be just like a dollhouse. Virtual dollhouse with chat.

Yes, exactly like a dollhouse. :rolleyes:

Mingerroo
30-01-04, 22:07

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]Statements like this make no sense. They aren't removing PvP, they are supplementing it with a lifestyle feature. It isn't like they are just ripping out PvP, mobs, etc and making us dolls in a chat room, so just stop talking.

Steve

Marx
30-01-04, 22:22

And there's something wrong with that?

o_O

Richard Blade
30-01-04, 23:52
The key to a virtual world is to be allowed to manipulate it.

Killing your friends, enemies, and people you don't know isn't exactly the full spectrum of manipulation. Of course, you can add that you can kill mobs too, but it's still lacking.

Adding content like this and hopefully more will make this a better game than ever before.

If you don't like the idea that you can make the dollhouse prettier, then just stick to your starter apartment and maybe add a couple cabinets if they allow you to do that.

Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, "I like it."
I won't repeat myself so Nidhogg won't have to delete it. :angel:

Nidhogg
31-01-04, 00:37
Originally posted by paolo escobar
this is gr8 news, tho i guess this means that u wont be sticking to what mjs said about releasing the full list by the end of this month, i guess this also means BDoY is much further away than many ppl expected.

PLZ give us more info, or open up the zoo, or the oz. PLLLLLEEEEEZZZZ The list will be published before the end of this month, for sure. Oh, and oz is open again as of this evening. ;) Now, back on topic please.

N

naimex
31-01-04, 01:03
ok im really sorry everyone.. both for posting and singing..

but this is something i just gotta do...

-------------------------------------------------------
Today
is gonna be the day
that theyre gonna give the list to uuuuuus

by now
we should have somehow
wished this would´v´ happened yesterdaay

but
i dont believe
that anybody
wants the list to never coooome

so im sitting here again
waiting once again
no fuuuuun
-----------------------------------------------------------

now is 00:00:01 here :D saturday the 31st of january :) and im all fuzzy all over :) cant wait :D

[EDITED due to lyric misplacement O_o O_o

joran420
31-01-04, 01:47
The list will be published before the end of this month, for sure.

SEX

dr.fish
31-01-04, 01:48
it dont really look like post apocalyptic apts 0_o

and will we be able to put toilets in our living room, i've always wanted that

Judge
31-01-04, 02:25
I hope that the really nice looking stuff is very expensive to keep with the Post Apoc style. Things can look nice but they should be fucking expensive because of the rarity of nice looking stuff :)

If I haven't said before then SEX!!!

Cytaur
31-01-04, 03:36
eh if it looks THAT nice in their 3D tool proggie.. then it's total shit in-game o_O

Original monk
31-01-04, 12:35
i yust read em

OO MY FUCKING GOD

i fainted

cu later

GG, GJ KK

paolo escobar
31-01-04, 13:24
Originally posted by Nidhogg
The list will be published before the end of this month, for sure. Oh, and oz is open again as of this evening. ;) Now, back on topic please.

N

Nid, u are teh gr8est.
cant wait to see it thanx, and btw, i am luvin the possibilities with the appz, gonna make myself a medievil dungeon, i hope ur gonna put in a stretching rack etc.

Sundiver
31-01-04, 15:35
K. Reminds me of when I played Starship Titanic, I could re-decorate my own apt, and it was so cool, even though it was just minor details.

In AO, I think, you can put lava lamps in there too. But when I played, it was never any advanced, the apts of NC are far more advanced and better looking anyhow.

I just wonder how much time they have put into this.. and what they sacrified to get there.

El Barto
02-02-04, 11:49
Would be nice to put some more objects in my app, I already have some atm :D, should be able to hang peoples dog tags on walls as well =D

Bozz-Von Mel
03-02-04, 00:55
Originally posted by Mingerroo
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]Statements like this make no sense. They aren't removing PvP, they are supplementing it with a lifestyle feature. It isn't like they are just ripping out PvP, mobs, etc and making us dolls in a chat room, so just stop talking.

Steve

No need to be petty. I like it. If you think that was a flame then you might consider growing up a little.

Mr Friendly
07-02-04, 01:58
question: did my thread (the one linked in my sig) have nething to do with this feature?

im not askin if my thread was what made yall decide to, just wonderin if its sumthin yall considered when u saw the poll

and btw, why are all the rooms asian lookin? ..... :confused:

Sundiver
07-02-04, 02:39
Because Mitsubishi has hijacked Reakktor and are now silently pulling the strings in the background while we continue playing what we think is the real Neocron.

there is no spoon.. no waait.. that's not a spoon, it's a .. eww!

(me in happy mode, playing NC on my new P4 2.8, and it roxxor!!)

Praetorian
07-02-04, 23:42
Hmmm, isnt it about time for our 4th installment? I need another fix!

Marx
08-02-04, 03:16
Originally posted by Praetorian
Hmmm, isnt it about time for our 4th installment? I need another fix!

Good to see you're alive & well dude!

:)

Pinman
08-02-04, 13:30
I must say, I do like the style of the furniture. As long as there are a variety of styles to go for (some of us happen to like classic European stylisation etc) I reckon it's gonna be ace. Just one concern though, custom furniture is all very well, bet can you change the colour of the walls, some of that furniture would look a little weird in the beige Plaza appartments! At the risk of sounding like a Sims fan, we need to be able to adjust the actual wall/floor colourings, if not the actual patterns.

Darth Slayer
08-02-04, 13:35
Will we finally have toilets ?
I'm getting fed up going out in the wastelands and finding a suitable bush.....:D

Praetorian
08-02-04, 16:14
Originally posted by Marx
Good to see you're alive & well dude!

:)

Thx mate, well, I'm not quite home from Kosovo yet... But soon... ;)

Tratos
09-02-04, 22:42
Date posted : 29-01-04 17:15

Todays date : 09-02-04 20:41

hmm.... seems if they are bi-weekly that the next one should be this week :)

~Tratos

naimex
09-02-04, 22:51
Originally posted by Tratos
Date posted : 29-01-04 17:15

Todays date : 09-02-04 20:41

hmm.... seems if they are bi-weekly that the next one should be this week :)

~Tratos

cant wait.. :D

Tsukasa
10-02-04, 10:16
I think this sums up what everyone thinks about the changes,

WOW!!!

:angel:

Sovellis
10-02-04, 18:16
so are we gonna get another one KK or arnt u gonna bother now we got the list?

NexusPlexus
11-02-04, 15:45
if thats what the updated graphics are goin to be like.....

*dribbles*
o_O

J. Folsom
11-02-04, 18:50
Originally posted by Sovellis
so are we gonna get another one KK or arnt u gonna bother now we got the list? The next BDOY Feature should come sometime tomorrow, since they're planning on releasing one once every two weeks.