PDA

View Full Version : Multiple pokes!

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 18:39
A small idea, but this always bothered me. Ever have a whole skeleton to get implanted, and there's only 1 poker around, and 5 other people have as many implants to get in? So you all run around kneeling in front of the poker, and everyone's falling over each other, then you get a poke, you stand up and wait, then crawl into the swarm again to get the next. And the poker is sitting there wondering if anyone is actually going to tip them, and when is this going to end so they can go hunt things again.

Wouldn't it be easier to just be able to throw all the implants you want in into your processor and get 1 poke for all of them? It would be a mega poke, the poker gets experience as if he had poked them all in the normal fashion, and you get the slow down constructing effect, except it's mega long, just like you added the time it takes to poke each individual item together. They all install at once when it's over, you can tip your poker immediately, you don't have to do the crab walk with 5 other kneeling people, the God of the Blinding Light is happy, and everyone gets the same experience as before.

darkservent
29-01-04, 18:49
neat

numb
29-01-04, 18:49
Maybe if the poker was made aware of how many imps he/she just poked at once, so he/she can see who is cheap on the tips.

Sefran
29-01-04, 18:51
Why's that poking takes almost NO time , whats the use of synaptic then?
Poking is a tradeskill, and is way faster compared to research or constructing. I dont see the point , its fine like it is.

Andronicus
29-01-04, 18:52
Originally posted by numb
Maybe if the poker was made aware of how many imps he/she just poked at once, so he/she can see who is cheap on the tips.

If this can be implemented aswell then i agree; save the poker the hassle of being pushed around.

Strych9
29-01-04, 18:53
Not sure I see a problem with that. You will have to make sure you have enough Imp Gel for all at once... but otherwise... why not?

Myrlin
29-01-04, 18:58
There are a lot of complications with this idea. For example:

1)You would need enough imp gel for all the pokes at once.
2)The poker should be notified as to how many imps your implanting so they can be sure they are being tipped appropriately.
3)If you don't meet the requirements for an imp, will it move to your inventory or will it stop all the other imps from being poked in?
4)A lot of people's setups require that they put imps in in a certain order since imp A gives a bonus to dex that then allows them to put in imp B. How would you handle situations like that if you try putting imp A and B in at the same time?

I agree that something should be done to improve poking and thus make it possible for the poker to refuse service without a payment. I also think that poking multiple imps has some promise, but only if it's given a lot of thought before hand.

Serpine
29-01-04, 19:03
I've really never had a problem with poking people multiple times, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something...

However, what I would really like is some window feedback on what just happened: I.e. I see the message "You have just implanted a Smart Cybereye in Fritz" and he would see the message "B'Mar has just implanted your Smart Cybereye". Now that would indeed be helpfull to me.

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 19:06
Yeah you've got a point.

"You have just implanted an MC5 dimension splitter."

"Thanks, here's your 500 credits."

Sefran
29-01-04, 19:07
Ur totally right POKING is the hardest and slowest skill in the game .....NOT. Really amazing how ppl can moan about such things, why not make research 1 sec each bp for every TL then so we can all be uber lazy ...

Myrlin
29-01-04, 19:19
Originally posted by Sefran
Ur totally right POKING is the hardest and slowest skill in the game .....NOT. Really amazing how ppl can moan about such things, why not make research 1 sec each bp for every TL then so we can all be uber lazy ...

You're right, poking is not that bad as it is now. However, does that mean it can't be improved? No.

If the user community can think of an implementation for poking that the devs didn't think of and it ends up being better than the current system then I'm all for it.

If you think research needs to be changed then you should start your own thread and post your ideas for improving it. Until then, stop thread crapping.

Sefran
29-01-04, 19:25
Already did , and besides no1 is complaing about pokes of how bad it is.(goddamn its the easiest thing u dont have to do anything , no lub , just click click , and its done)..

And already posted idea's about how some tradeskill could get improved , already posted for research eyes etc (like many did)

So go crap urself cause u make no point.

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 19:50
Sefran, I was merely posting a thread about how I thought implanting could be improved. I posted that thread with a poll because I was genuinely interested in other people's opinions. Through the intelligent posts above, I believe my original opinion is in error, and that if poking is to be improved, something entirely different will do the job. No where did I say that I believed Implanting is a useless nerfed skill which is in dire need of repair. I simply stated my ideas to improve an area of gameplay.

Thank you to all intelligent posters and pollers, you have enlightened me to this aspect of gameplay. However, people like Sefran who resort to personal attacks rather than intelligently debating a point will doubtless continue to pollute this thread, and I respectfully ask a mod to lock it since my opinions on implanting have been vastly edited thanks to the more intelligent debate this sparked.

Ran
29-01-04, 20:58
Locked under thread starter's request.