PDA

View Full Version : The TL 3 heal -

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:13
Just been dueling Bone Crusher in Neofrag, And I lost, not by loads, But I lost (as a tank)

But it wasnt the fact that he was doing insane dmg, or that he insanely amazing.

Like most PE's in duels, they use TL 3 heal, and those with any ounce of intelligance get them to the point where it is cast in under a second. Now, With amazing accuracy it can be over come, however, if the PE is skilled enough they can avoid shots from the enemie and still hit them, while this TL3 heal ticks at a shocking rate, replenishing there HP.

This is just a moan thread. When Bone didnt use TL 3 heal, he would be *****, with it, he beat me almost 2 outta 3.

Whats my point? No spell no matter how lower the TL should be run castable to the point where you barely have to stop moving.
I just see it as lame as a stealth tool. :mad:

Oh and anyone who doesnt think bone crusher is one of saturns best PE's and vote all those others like leaf man, or rith as AMAZING, whatever. Hes under rated on saturn :angel:

\\Fényx//
29-01-04, 14:15
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Just been dueling Bone Crusher in Neofrag, And I lost, not by loads, But I lost (as a tank)

But it wasnt the fact that he was doing insane dmg, or that he insanely amazing.

Like most PE's in duels, they use TL 3 heal, and those with any ounce of intelligance get them to the point where it is cast in under a second. Now, With amazing accuracy it can be over come, however, if the PE is skilled enough they can avoid shots from the enemie and still hit them, while this TL3 heal ticks at a shocking rate, replenishing there HP.

This is just a moan thread. When Bone didnt use TL 3 heal, he would be *****, with it, he beat me almost 2 outta 3.

Whats my point? No spell no matter how lower the TL should be run castable to the point where you barely have to stop moving.
I just see it as lame as a stealth tool. :mad:

Oh and anyone who doesnt think bone crusher is one of saturns best PE's and vote all those others like leaf man, or rith as AMAZING, whatever. Hes under rated on saturn :angel:

I was fighting Viruz in NF yesterday and yea, he was pulling off some well timed heals, but I still won all but 1 fight. Im a melee tank btw. But my melee tank can also runcast his heal in the same way, not as good, I get 505% damage and 52/min ROF but as your circling your opponent its easy to pull off a quick heal

Benjie
29-01-04, 14:16
So basicly you died, and so decided a nerf thread was in order?

All Classes have access to TL3 heal. Every class except HC tank can runcast it, Tanks have 100 Con and duranium 4.

I honestly don't see a problem.

*edit*
Well timed heals also require player skill. It's not like everybody can do them, and it's not like it's impossible for you to overcome it with player skill.

HumphreY
29-01-04, 14:17
They should raise the speed of the heal terminal in NF.

Benjie
29-01-04, 14:17
Originally posted by HumphreY
Agreed 120% (Artifact:p)

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:18
So basicly you died, and so decided a nerf thread was in order?

I did state that I lost, but not by loads, 2 or 3 deaths out of 12.

I have a PE, Ikari, and I only just realised why people used to moan at him in duels about using TL 3 heal.

There 2 easy to cast, and heal 2 much HP. Its that simple.

Saying that, ill still use TL3 heal on ikari as it increases his lasting time 10fold. :(

Rade
29-01-04, 14:20
Heals are fine, all classes cept apus can do it. Its just a choice of
how you spec.

P4mp3rk3
29-01-04, 14:21
I fail to see the problem actually o_O :confused:

retr0n
29-01-04, 14:22
Originally posted by HumphreY

No way in hell, i dont like those, there are no heal terminals in
pepper park, so it's not a fair duell. whatever...

//Radium

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:23
Heals are fine, all classes cept apus can do it. Its just a choice of

Rade you of all people should know that a tank cannot spare the weapon lore and put it into psi use.

The TL3 heal is fine, the ability to cast it and run at the same time I dont like.

I never liked that PPU's could do it, never mind PE's

Benjie
29-01-04, 14:23
Your forgeting about PVM.

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:24
Your forgeting about PVM.

Hardly required for PVM runcasting now is it.

Benjie
29-01-04, 14:25
Hardly required for PVM runcasting now is it.
You mentioned that it heals too much though.

If you take away PE runcast they would just put all the additional INT into weapon lore anyway and PWn Joo. :p (I wouldn't spec Psi Use if I couldn't reach Run Cast)

Rade
29-01-04, 14:26
Rade you of all people should know that a tank cannot spare the weapon lore and put it into psi use.

The TL3 heal is fine, the ability to cast it and run at the same time I dont like.

I never liked that PPU's could do it, never mind PE's

The wpl doesnt do very much to help the stats on cannons and
Ive fought a fair deal of HC tanks that have specced for runcast
heal instead of wpl, and they do very well, the CS seem to aim
just as good and they get almost the same healing power as PEs
get.

Clownst0pper
If you take away PE runcast they would just put all the additional INT into weapon lore anyway and PWn Joo.

Irrelevant, all PE's cap there weapons anyway. Its the same effect.

And im using Bonecrusher as an example, I dont struggle with any other PE's to my knowledge.

The wpl doesnt do very much to help the stats on cannons

I will test that theory

HumphreY
Originally posted by retr0n
No way in hell, i dont like those, there are no heal terminals in
pepper park, so it's not a fair duell. whatever...

//Radium

If people want to fight fair duels, they would agree not to use the heal termal during the action...

Benjie
29-01-04, 14:27
Irrelevant, all PE's cap there weapons anyway. Its the same effect.

And im using Bonecrusher as an example, I dont struggle with any other PE's to my knowledge.

Then Bone crusher is a very skillfull PE when it comes to timing.

Good on him.

As far as I can see, it's case closed right?

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:29
Then Bone crusher is a very skillfull PE when it comes to timing

haha thats a mock, theres zero skill involved in run casting a tl3 heal, 99% of all PE's have at least 40 psi use and 75 ppu. All you have to do is run in a circle and cast, its rediculous.

Theres no skill involved in it and never will be - OH my timing is amazing, my heals run off, lets cast another!

Get real :wtf:

HumphreY
29-01-04, 14:29
Originally posted by Benjie
Bull shit

Further Explanation? :)

Rade
29-01-04, 14:31
haha thats a mock, theres zero skill involved in run casting a tl3 heal, 99% of all PE's have at least 40 psi use and 75 ppu. All you have to do is run in a circle and cast, its rediculous.

Theres no skill involved in it and never will be - OH my timing is amazing, my heals run off, lets cast another!

Get real :wtf:

Actually you cant runcast it with 50 psu, you need to stagger
cast. *shrug* no biggie. Also back to tanks I would still keep at
least 50 wpl but you can sure as hell afford 50 psu.

LTA
29-01-04, 14:31
get rid of heal :p

Medis or PPU :D

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:35
Actually you cant runcast it with 50 psu, you need to stagger

With a good heal and 75 ppu?

Ive never had to. O_o

Also back to tanks I would still keep at least 50 wpl but you can sure as hell afford 50 psu.

The run cast wouldnt be effective enough, its highly unlikely if a melee tank cant 'fully' run cast, I doubt a H-C can get anywhere near as close

Rade
29-01-04, 14:39

With 75 ppu, capped heal on all stats and 50 psu the heal will fail
if youre completely running, you need to stagger it. Its not hard
once you get the hang of it and this is what I suggest tanks do
as well.

\\Fényx//
29-01-04, 14:39

Ive never had to. O_o

Rade means that you cant run in a direct line and cast it without a small hesitation either when you start running to cast it, what you can do tho, is while dueling your generally circling eachother, which isnt in a straight line, so you can full on run cast your heal, I can do this with my tank at something like 48 PPU and 50 PSU

The run cast wouldnt be effective enough, its highly unlikely if a melee tank cant 'fully' run cast, I doubt a H-C can get anywhere near as close

I have 3 mst, my tank only uses heal, doesent bother with lvl 1 buffs ... makes no real difference to melee ... I can run cast it during a fight easy

Rade
29-01-04, 14:40
Problem is if you are circle strafing the heal might still fail if you
have bad luck, stopping for a second is safer because you dont
really want to have to cast twice, or more for that matter. Theres
a bit of technique to it but noting hard to master.

Ralendil
29-01-04, 14:47
and after stealth it is now heal...

what do you want ?

PE Spy without any chance to win ?

is there another option instead of apu and gentank in your head ?

:mad:

but I agree one point... heal is so easy to cap... he should be difficult to cap for a spy (yea i have a heal capped on a spy) and impossible for a tank...
only PE should have easily this advantage...
They are little PSI..

Clownst0pper
29-01-04, 14:53
is there another option instead of apu and gentank in your head ?

Ikari (Pe) And Koro (Tank) are my mains.

Ikari is retired now as I find PE's boring after 1+ years of being one.

And no, a tank shouldnt need to worry so much about fighting PE.

PE's are as elite as any other class. Theres no such thing as the Jack of all trades, not with anyone with an ounce of intelligance.