PDA

View Full Version : wtf is up with tanks ranks?

tomparadox
29-01-04, 13:46
wtf... the highest ranking tank i have seen without useing drugs is 66/65. wtf? he was useing all the rares and caped them all. howcome a spy with the same TL rare gets a rank of 75/## and rifle with like 85/## if the highest wep for the pistol is 115 in TL and for rifle i think its 115 in TL. becuse my rifle spy uses FL and gets that rank. anyone also cair to explain why we have 2 eyes but one eye slot in imp screen?

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 13:52
I think they tanks ranks are kinda fucked...they do a shitload of dmg for having low ranks like they do...I think it needs to be adjusted...and since you asked on the TS about the eye thing tom (least I think it was you) maybe the cyber eyes don't actually "see"...hehe maybe we're all blindsided

Radamez
29-01-04, 13:55
Because other classes cap all stats on their weapons, including aiming, which tanks don't, due to lack of weapon lore.

EDIT : Actually, is that true? what's a melee tanks rank like in comparison?

ezza
29-01-04, 13:55
3 STARS FOR TANK!!!!!111 (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88244)

as for the eyes only shows one eye slot but the implant goes in both eyes, could as the same question for the arms and leg and foot implant to

but yeah tanks should be able to get high ranks in the 70+ as easy as anyother class

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 14:15
Originally posted by Radamez
Because other classes cap all stats on their weapons, including aiming, which tanks don't, due to lack of weapon lore.

EDIT : Actually, is that true? what's a melee tanks rank like in comparison?

WL really has very little effect on a tanks weapons...as shown here:

Heavy Damage: 0.8(80%) HC + 0.2(20%) WPL
Heavy Frequency: 0.5(50%) HC + 0.2(20%) WPL + 0.3(30%) STR
Heavy Handling: 0.4(40%) HC + 0.2(20%) WPL + 0.4(40%) STR
Heavy Range: 0.3(30%) HC + 0.2(20%) WPL

A tank caps their weapons...it would be very dumb to have a class unable to cap their own guns...between STR and HC a tank could probably cap Freq and Handling with no WL at all... is about an even combination between HC and WL...but it is probably mostly dependant on the quality of the gun...

ezza
29-01-04, 14:16
tanks dont cap aiming on the weapons though and even with H-C3 a fortress and PA3 and a doombeamer the rank still sucks

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 14:20
with 209 HC you should cap aiming easy...I'll try to round up some parts on TS for HC weapons and see...granted all the stuff I have is currently artifact...but I cap aim on all the guns...I'll try to go about getting some rare made and see...but it seems like they should cap

HumphreY
29-01-04, 14:22
Originally posted by ezza
tanks dont cap aiming on the weapons though and even with H-C3 a fortress and PA3 and a doombeamer the rank still sucks

Maybe that's the reason why those weapons are called HEAVY Weapons :)

You cant aim better with a Mortar than using a sniper rifle oder a 38er, can u? :)

Anyway, think reallife comparisons dont fit in here..

ezza
29-01-04, 14:22
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
with 209 HC you should cap aiming easy...I'll try to round up some parts on TS for HC weapons and see...granted all the stuff I have is currently artifact...but I cap aim on all the guns...I'll try to go about getting some rare made and see...but it seems like they should cap

you dont cap them dade belive me ive tried on retail and test server, on test server i also drugged up to PA4 and used a fully artifact doom beamer, fully artifact CS fully art....etcetc and the rank still sucks and i must of have about 240 heavy combat

ezza
29-01-04, 14:24
Originally posted by HumphreY
Maybe that's the reason why those weapons are called HEAVY Weapons :)

You cant aim better with a Mortar than using a sniper rifle oder a 38er, can u? :)

Anyway, think reallife comparisons dont fit in here..

the tank should still be able to cap the aiming %age on the weapon regard less of it heaving a heavy weapon, other wise we might as well of been given a low aiming %age

retr0n
29-01-04, 14:26
I'm with ezza on this one all the way. I dont give a shit if you dont
cap the weapon, since nobody can cap the weapon they can still
adjust the ranks we get from them, so say a capped doombeamer
would give the rank 85/ a non capped would give maybe 77/ still
3 stars...

3 STARTS FOR TANKS ! !!!!!111oneseveleleven

//Radium

Spoon
29-01-04, 14:28
yer, fix the Tanks' rank, already...........

@ezza
I think your sig has lagged out in the chaos caves..........

ino
29-01-04, 14:28
Yeah tanks should atleast be able to reach 70ish for everyones enjoyment atleast for lvling..

Melee tanks dont get higher than 53/xx i belive with the dg.. dont matter if you got 190 mc or 400 mc.. should also be increased to atleast 60ish or 63 so a melee can enter cave and not be told. Get the fuck out you dont give any exp..

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 14:31
3 STARS FOR PISTOL PES!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, all classes should. I get a max of 66/70 on my PE, dunno what it be like with the new judge dmg, but still.
AFAIK, not even RoLH PEs get 3 stars.
A RoG PE can, but not a Judge or RoLH. :(

retr0n
29-01-04, 14:37
Originally posted by ino
Yeah tanks should atleast be able to reach 70ish for everyones enjoyment atleast for lvling..

Melee tanks dont get higher than 53/xx i belive with the dg.. dont matter if you got 190 mc or 400 mc.. should also be increased to atleast 60ish or 63 so a melee can enter cave and not be told. Get the fuck out you dont give any exp..

I got 54/ on my melee tank with an all arti ultimated DG, but i've
heard from many others that melee caps at 52/ and 53/ so i have
no idea wtf was up with my rank.... but yes, melee should get a
rank boost especially if you consider the rate melee weapons are
degrading in. I wasted an entire DG in one day, and i didnt get
that much xp considering how much i could have leveld with say
a malediction. Something needs to be done.

3 STARS FOR TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneone111

//Radium

AlinKross
29-01-04, 14:54
YE Give me 3 stars now!!!

Meele tanks have 1 more problem tho i guess, even if they fix the rank for Tanks. Meele Tanks dont have a TL115 wepon the highest is 103 on the DG, and i guess some of the rank is calculated on the wepons TL.

So meele need some good wepons to.

retr0n
29-01-04, 15:10
Originally posted by AlinKross
YE Give me 3 stars now!!!

Meele tanks have 1 more problem tho i guess, even if they fix the rank for Tanks. Meele Tanks dont have a TL115 wepon the highest is 103 on the DG, and i guess some of the rank is calculated on the wepons TL.

Agreed on that, but if you consider that a lowtech libby user caps
rank at 62/xx ** then how come a tl 103 item caps at 53/
KK plz fix the ranks.

//Radium

ezza
29-01-04, 15:18
yup dont make sense really, melee should be able to get better ranks as well.

im not 100% but i used to get 2 star(just) on my old old old meleetank, but on my current saturn one ,capped DG and only getting 52 i think

retr0n
29-01-04, 15:24
Originally posted by ezza
yup dont make sense really, melee should be able to get better ranks as well.

im not 100% but i used to get 2 star(just) on my old old old meleetank, but on my current saturn one ,capped DG and only getting 52 i think

It's so stupid, and another thing that bugs me, i'm not sure exactly
how much melee you need to cap DG but i think it's something like
180ish... can't really remember it's been a while since i had my melee
tank, but it's fully possible to have 300 melee points in skill...
wtf is up with that... I'm not complaining, you get more points to
put in resist force / transport, but cmon... give us a TL115 item
and fix our ranks, both heavy & melee

//Radium

naimex
29-01-04, 15:56
my rank is 54/65 * approximately..

i get this rank from ::

Tangent Hand Grenade

neither CS nor Doom Beamer gives me higher combat rank. than that grenade..

;) but what the hell.. get more money, more xp more everything cuz of the low rank :) but n00bs dont stare at us and say.. youre big.. when looking at the rank..

Lecko
29-01-04, 16:32
Originally posted by AlinKross

Swinging Balls. Nuff said...

tomparadox
29-01-04, 22:57
wow. i leav for school come back and this thread is parshly huge. ya it was me on TS who asked about the eye thing. thats a good thery but, if they dont see then how do melee eyes help you aim better fi you cant see ( melee 3 gives +15 weplore i think). and ya melee ranks suck ass.caped meleee tank all in melee and my rank is still at most its been is like 54/67.

Agreed on that, but if you consider that a lowtech libby user caps
rank at 62/xx ** then how come a tl 103 item caps at 53/
KK plz fix the ranks.

exactly my point. i meen with ppu or apu you cant even stick all your points into ppu or apu and yet with a TL 115 spell or even 110 you can get a rank of over 80 with a holy shelter. i miss the beta age of the *** tank.