PDA

View Full Version : Self Rezz

Gestra
29-01-04, 11:56
So anyone else killed someone and then watched that person come back to life?

Bug, Exploit, Feature. You decide.

Psyco Groupie
29-01-04, 11:57
ive para'd myself on my ppu before so i guess theres a chance you could rezz yourself

:rolleyes:

Original monk
29-01-04, 11:58
holy chran multirezzurection sanctum also works on yourself duh

Archeus
29-01-04, 12:00
Originally posted by Original monk
holy chran multirezzurection sanctum also works on yourself duh

no such thing.

darkservent
29-01-04, 12:05
I can never figure out how u can para urself. So how u do it?

Scikar
29-01-04, 12:07
You cast a heal on yourself but switch to para before it finishes. I've never actually got it to properly shock me though so I figured it wouldn't work with rez either.

garyu69
29-01-04, 12:09
Maybe they had an Uber Resist setup and once they had dropped their resists kicked in and popped them up again :-\

Gestra
29-01-04, 12:12
Nah, they were laying dead for a little bit no one else around and sudden back standing up right alive and kicking.

Q`alooaith
29-01-04, 12:21
Could be many things...

GM char, for an event or some such..

GM intervention, A invisible 2 second rezz..

GRed out and had a lag spike, so end's up standing back up with SI and imp's pop but not moved to apt..

Rezzed, maybe started before the guy died, out of sight to you but able to see the body..

All depend's, and anyway should probably have reported it if you think it's foul play involved.. Though there are plenty of way's it could be legit.. Might be bug..

WebShock
29-01-04, 12:24
prolly a bug where there was lag where the server kicked in and didnt register him dead, he was dead to you but the server still had him as alive. perhaps the equvilant to cloning stuff in your gogo due to lag.

saturn has had sever lag lately. :/ this happened last time too and the database crashed :(

/edit: there isnt some magical 2 second gm rez. if you go to the test server all the gm's there rez at the usual cap rez time.

OpTi
29-01-04, 12:25
yeah i've had it where i tried t GR to my apt after dying and i just stood up with SI and my stuf still on the floor. I i've seen it happen to someone i killed i thought it was great cuz i killed him 4 times in a row, he just kept getting back up :D :angel:

GT_Rince
29-01-04, 12:29
Maybe there was a PPU not far away ressing him ?

And a GM has no access to super-fast ress.

Gestra
29-01-04, 12:32
It was not a laggy release since, He got back up and proceeded to kill me.

I would thing perhaps a lag explanation etc if I had not seen it happen twice.

Hayato
29-01-04, 12:32
sometimes if u FRE while dead on esc out of the game and come back you will be standing up and can read local and such but cant move and have nothing in your inv.

Q`alooaith
29-01-04, 12:36
Originally posted by GT_Rince
And a GM has no access to super-fast ress.

No, but they do get rezz.. just saying could be a GM rezzing another GM who's doing and event or some such..

You know, almost anything possible..

Cytaur
29-01-04, 12:36
its a bug hah.... happened to me lots of times... you die, select GR, but instead you just get up and run around yet your imps fall out, your backpack is on the floor and belt (if not in wz).... funniest thing ever happened to me, I was killed while hunting, GR out, but instead I "get up" get my backup, pick my belt and kill the fool who was hacking it

Gestra
29-01-04, 12:42
There was no back pack on the floor.

Cruzbroker
29-01-04, 12:46
I've had this only Once. I died, FRE'd and when I logged back in a min I was standing in full cond.. I was like WTF?! and started shooting the enemy...

El Barto
29-01-04, 12:47
I'v seen Gen-Tanks and PEs do it, no one was around, their health just slowly went up as they were laying down, then they got up. I was like WTF!

\\Fényx//
29-01-04, 13:05
Gestra ive only ever had this on saturn, Had it 3 tims on my spy there, Each time at MB, I died either to warbot or another runner, and fataled the second I died, After relogging back in, for a split second on my screen im dead, but jump back up, full condition, no synapse, full health etc, but, I had dropped a belt, on 2 occasions, ive had it where ive come back in like that, picked up my belt as the guy's hacking it and killed him lol :lol:

ezza
29-01-04, 13:08
Originally posted by El Barto
I'v seen Gen-Tanks and PEs do it, no one was around, their health just slowly went up as they were laying down, then they got up. I was like WTF! PH33R DA GEN TANKS MUHAHAHAHAHA

my monk nuked himself with holy lighting once, that was pretty funny

Nidhogg
29-01-04, 13:30
Your client gets an update of every runner's health in your local area. You shoot at a runner and your client assumes you've shot him enough to kill him. Said runner snuffs it. Server misses a packet or otherwise disagrees with your client and sends a new health message for everyone (including the one you thought was dead). Your client realises that rumours of his death were greatly exaggerated and stands him back up again.

If the client waited for the server message before dropping him in the first place, the game would lose its immediacy - the disadvantage is that rarely something like this happens. Fair trade off imo.

N

Cytaur
29-01-04, 13:31
whoa nid, what if client and server argued about if runner is dead or not, would the be considered as self aware ?

Ralendil
29-01-04, 14:51
sometime bug

sometime exploit

i have seen a runner that has reappeared 3 times on his backpack... here it is exploit...

I have crashed one time and reappered on my backpack... as i had crashed I was killed again quickly...
here it is bug

:p

Q`alooaith
29-01-04, 14:54
Originally posted by Cytaur
whoa nid, what if client and server argued about if runner is dead or not, would the be considered as self aware ?

Not realy, the server at the end of the day is in charge, the cleint just like's to guess number's on it's own so you don't feel like your playing a slideshow..

Cytaur
29-01-04, 14:55
what if client became self aware and told server to FO with rules etc.... would that be considered exploiting ? O_o

StrongSad
29-01-04, 15:03
what if client became self aware and told server to FO with rules etc.... would that be considered exploiting ?

Cool, where do I get one of these uber "clients" you speak of?

Cytaur
29-01-04, 15:05
eh mine's not self aware yet..... :(

Q`alooaith
29-01-04, 15:06
Originally posted by Cytaur
what if client became self aware and told server to FO with rules etc.... would that be considered exploiting ? O_o

No, because it would only affect your cleint.. the sever would tell your comp it was wrong each time it sent an update. and in the end it'd dissconnect you because it'd see your computer as trying to cheat for you..

CarniFlex
29-01-04, 15:06
Nidhogg
Your client gets an update of every runner's health in your local area. You shoot at a runner and your client assumes you've shot him enough to kill him. Said runner snuffs it. Server misses a packet or otherwise disagrees with your client and sends a new health message for everyone (including the one you thought was dead). Your client realises that rumours of his death were greatly exaggerated and stands him back up again.

Didnt know you were that deeply involved into the tekktonic engine and a programer. You learn something new everyday :)

Btw are you sure the engine works that way? how come that its was one of those green days with clear skies and sunny and no lagg around when it happend. Ive had massive laggspikes before but never seen this before even in a lagg battle.

PreX
29-01-04, 15:07
i saw it yesterday in a op fight. ryker and me killed a tank and one second later he was alive o.O

Gestra
29-01-04, 15:29
Its wierdness what ever it was.

The guy was laying dead for a good 5-10 seconds. Then bam alive again and back to full health. Another disconcerting event in neocron.

Q`alooaith
29-01-04, 15:35
Originally posted by Gestra
Its wierdness what ever it was.

The guy was laying dead for a good 5-10 seconds. Then bam alive again and back to full health. Another disconcerting event in neocron.

I've got a guess as to how that'd of happened... But there's no proof it was not just a little lag.

spikeownzu
29-01-04, 16:10
I'v blasted myself with HL plenty of times

i killed a PE and when he GRED he stood up turned around and looted his belt then synched 0.o

I think that was like uber lag or something..

plant
29-01-04, 17:36
Last time Tangent raided TG I was running to the appartments.
They attacted me but I was able to go to my appartment.
When I came up I died (too much poison for my rigger)

Then a second or 2 later a Tank came up. OK np my name ist my password. Everybody can do that but its a safezone ;)
He fall down and was dead.
Must be attaked by TGs and he used my name to escape them.

A few seconds later he stand up and tried to go in my apparment.

I genrepped a plaza2 don´t know what this could be.

I thought I better never will say anything.

But now... hm... can this realy be a bug?

Was it allways a Tank? Maybe it was allways the same one?

PS: There was no lag at this time.