PDA

View Full Version : Terminator run still not implimented?

Lanigav
29-01-04, 07:22
I've decided to come back to Neocron after a two month hiatus (had a lot of gaming catching up to do, along with real life crap), and it seems that the Terminator run STILL hasn't been implimented. Though I heard some people got some during an X-Mas event, so they are finally in retail in some form.

My question is, when is the run going to be implimented, so those of us who missed out on the X-Mas event can give the Termy a go?

Birkoff
29-01-04, 07:40
I hope the run isn't implemented. There is something worth a lot of money and actually rare in the game that is useful finally. Implement more items that rare don't make them non rare.

Lanigav
29-01-04, 07:45
Well, I've personally always been against having uber rare, uber powerful weapons in this game. Creates an imbalance for the rare few that have them, and there's a lot of really rare stuff as it is (MC5 chips for example). This isn't supposed to be EQ where the super rare few get to admire and become aroused by their uber rare, uber elite weapons.

That and I've wanted to use a decent shotgun since I first played the game way back when retail came out, and I don't want to get screwed out of the opportunity to do so.

Birkoff
29-01-04, 07:47
Its not uber.... plus its getting NERFed in this patch.

If it as rare as it is atm im up for it :)

I'd love to have/find one but hey we can't have everything.

VetteroX
29-01-04, 08:47
no, very rare items are lame. if you want that play everquest. One of the things I love about this game is everyone can get anything (well before kamis and terms) relativly easily if they just try... therefore combat is based 100% on how good YOU are... not a lucky item find.

SamuraiPizzaCat
29-01-04, 08:49
vet has a terminator !!!!!!!!
*hides*

Birkoff
29-01-04, 08:51
Originally posted by VetteroX
no, very rare items are lame. if you want that play everquest. One of the things I love about this game is everyone can get anything (well before kamis and terms) relativly easily if they just try... therefore combat is based 100% on how good YOU are... not a lucky item find.

Yeah but the terminator is in no way over powered(and about to be nerefed), so its nothing to do with lucky item finding. Kamis are different but they don't boost a play that much, no1 that PVPs uses kamis, u of all ppl know that vet.

Sorin
29-01-04, 09:01
Originally posted by Birkoff
I hope the run isn't implemented. There is something worth a lot of money and actually rare in the game that is useful finally. Implement more items that rare don't make them non rare.

For the rarity, it doesn't matter if the run gets implemented, it going to almost as rare as it is now anyways, with the FUBAR "strange book" drop rate.

jernau
29-01-04, 09:05
Originally posted by Sorin
For the rarity, it doesn't matter if the run gets implemented, it going to almost as rare as it is now anyways, with the FUBAR "strange book" drop rate.

Fixing the drop-rate is the reason it's not in yet. It's supposed to be a lot more easy to get.

Cyphor
29-01-04, 15:27
The only thing i think is stupid is the decided to intorduce it as a rare run so it wouldnt polute the rare pool and since then they have added new tank rares and are now adding new drone rares, i dont think throwing the termi in will matter too much anymore.

StrongSad
29-01-04, 15:31
I thought it was getting a boost?

Nexxy
29-01-04, 15:38
lol be funny if they did put it in with this patch, someone traded a herc, 2 slot dev and mill for the parts for one yesterday. I better not tell you how many slots they got =P

Ascension
29-01-04, 15:51
Personally i think they should remain "rare" and The current rare parts re-named to -everyday weapons.. cos most high lvls have em:wtf:

pointless calling them rare weapons... are part from the fact its tradition:o

Vampire222
29-01-04, 15:54
Originally posted by Nexxy
lol be funny if they did put it in with this patch, someone traded a herc, 2 slot dev and mill for the parts for one yesterday. I better not tell you how many slots they got =P

jesus who was that, i wanna laugh at him ingame... stupid, stupid

Nexxy
29-01-04, 15:55
Gimme a mill in game and ill give you their name

Lethys
29-01-04, 17:41
Originally posted by Nexxy

The book is in, but the quest isn't.

Is that the same termi that Gonk was asking a dev + 10 mill for? :lol:

Furion
29-01-04, 17:44
The rare book drops now :D

Nexxy
29-01-04, 17:53
Originally posted by Lethys
The book is in, but the quest isn't.

Is that the same termi that Gonk was asking a dev + 10 mill for? :lol:

Sure was, but looks like he got a much better deal than a dev + 10mill =P

Lethys
29-01-04, 17:54
Hahahaha I just logged in and we already found 2 books

:p

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 17:55
I'm not too familiar with this weapon because I haven't been playing that long, I thought it was just a normal rare you collected parts for and built, what's the deal with this mission you're referencing?

jernau
29-01-04, 17:56
Originally posted by Furion
The rare book drops now :D

That's an understatement - they are dropping like crazy atm.

I assume they will be item-wiped soon.

jernau
29-01-04, 17:58
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
I'm not too familiar with this weapon because I haven't been playing that long, I thought it was just a normal rare you collected parts for and built, what's the deal with this mission you're referencing?

It's an idea of Callash's to reduce the TP pool.

Basically you find an item which allows you to run a quest at the end of which you get a full set of parts to make the gun/item.

Terminator is the trial item for this system and it's not going off without a few hitches so far, hence other new items are still being added to the normal rare pool.

Benjie
29-01-04, 17:58
Originally posted by Mr. Chainsaw
No it's not like that. A strange book drops that when activated, gives you a mission. When you complete the mission you get the Terminator. OR at least something along those lines.

Mr. Chainsaw
29-01-04, 18:02
Ah okay, thanks:)

Lethys
29-01-04, 18:02
Originally posted by jernau

I assume they will be item-wiped soon.

I really hope that doesn't happen.

I think a better idea would be to add new rares so that you have a choice of what to trade your strange book for.

Perhaps you could be able to trade a book for one of the new rare drones instead, or maybe even a kami chip.

Psyco Groupie
29-01-04, 18:10
nice idea there ... mc5 chippy chippy - 10 booka

jernau
29-01-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Lethys
I really hope that doesn't happen.

I think a better idea would be to add new rares so that you have a choice of what to trade your strange book for.

Perhaps you could be able to trade a book for one of the new rare drones instead, or maybe even a kami chip.

Not a bad idea for the other rares. Not likely for kamis, they are hopefully going to stay ultra-rare.

Callash said before that this might happen though and that the reason for not adding the run was to allow for item-wipes so I think that's what they'll do.

greendonkeyuk
29-01-04, 20:05
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
nice idea there ... mc5 chippy chippy - 10 booka

me love you long time.... :D

Yes please give us the shotgun.

Clive tombstone
29-01-04, 20:09
uh, when you said it was dropping like crazy, uhh where was it dropping??:D