PDA

View Full Version : Help with resists plz

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 05:30
Ok...I saw a thread the other nite talking about that charter generator everyone uses not xactly being all that accurater...I dunno if that's the truth or not, but either way...I was wanting to know how, in theory atleast, you can tell if you should have decent resists...I know a lot of people say like 114 is a good place or whatever but is it actually? I'm not wanting to be able to cut out the testing part of it...I'm just wanting to know how to figure a decent place to start and then go from there...anyway...any help/advice would be appreciated. :)

BombShell
29-01-04, 05:33
well i heard somewhere that 114 is cap in con resis

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 05:36
not another one...

By 114 do you mean overall armour resist?

natural resists add to armour to give a total armour resist.
Natural resists cap (ie. do not increase armour bonus above this) at 114.

You need to get a balance between HP and resists, in order to get the most out of a setup.

getting overall armour resists of over 115-120 (120-130 for energy) on a PE with around 450 hp is a good place to start.
How you do it is up to you. Also, balance the amount of hp/resists against dmg output, dont use rolh con setup for a libby setup for example.

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 05:50
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
By 114 do you mean overall armour resist?

natural resists add to armour to give a total armour resist.
Natural resists cap (ie. do not increase armour bonus above this) at 114.

When I say 114 I mean the total amount counting bones/imps/armor/natural etc...when you say do not take armor above this...do you mean the amount just from armor or do you mean total because you say nat resists add to armor bonus...this has always somewhat confused me...

now if you're saying don't take the armor bonus (would this include resists added from imps and bones as well) above 114 and then from there that natural resists compliment then I can understand that...but it seems most of what I do will be alright but not good...not good enough to actually take into any fight that's going to matter...so I'm just trying to understand how this crap works so I can actually make a character that will be able to hold his own should the need arise...as opposed to just get my ass smeared across the pavement haha :p

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 06:00
Imps/spells and drugs add to resists. Resists add a cirtain amount to you armour, which is made up of bones and the actuall armour you wear. the maxium amount a resist can add to it's armour version is 114, above that there is no additional erm addition.

Some say don't take total armour resist above around 114, but only if there is a good amount of hp. Like I said, get a balance of hp to resists.

Go here (http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html) for more info on resists.

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 06:24
Hey thanks for that bit of help DJ...one last thing...in the discussion I mentioned at the beginning of this...it was brought up that that site may not be correct...do you know if it is or not by chance?...that's part of the reason I posted this question...

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 06:32
There are some discrepancies on ems.ru, but on the whole it is quite accurate.
Rusot (sp?), the writer of the site apparently decomplied or whatever, the NC coding itself, not simply extensive testing. Probably why we haven't seen him for a while.
There are however a few errors in the skill manager, the hp calculator is quite a bit off at times for example.

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 07:45
Ok...so here's what I came up with...primarily a Judge PE...though with a pistol 1 he could use BoH capped and a RoLH at dmg 169% (assuming artifact of course) so in all honesty I might be able to only go with the BoH on retail...Life's a bit low it would seem for a PE...but if I stick with just the judge I can be boosted with Melee/Hazard/Spy and get some xtra speed and Hlt outta the deal

http://www.pc-architect.com/dade/Test%20PE.JPG

If anyone has any opinions about it let me know

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 07:49
114 in FOR is a must, you dont need 96 in TRA.

The resists, to me at least, are terrible, but then that's a non drug rolh setup, consider whiteflash/redflash and sticking in a ppr.
agl/atl is... ouch. with a drug you could get more PC for dmg, 172 PC will only cap judge dmg if you have a insane amount of WEP.

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 07:57
hmm...I had done this with a PP chip in originally...I had changed it though because I really really like the RoLH and the BoH...but I hate hate hate playing a spy...wish I would have saved it with the PP in...didn't really think about it...I'll go back and redo it...and post it here in a bit...it was a bit better...(least I think...but like I said...I'm rather at a loss when doing resists...haha)

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 08:31
Ok...here's what I had, basically, with the PP chip...again...it's pretty much a Judge setup for my choice of weapons

Hope this attempt looks better...then I can set about to testing it

the speed takes somewhat of a hit, but that'll be made up for at times when it'll really matter as I can have a PPU put Spy 3 and/or Melee 3 on me and that'll give my agl a nice boost

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 08:36
tbh, the hp is too low for my likeing, youd get more out of it with say 10 less fire/energy/xray and shoving it in atl and htl.

wun
29-01-04, 08:50
can you actually implant 2 SAs?

edit: this resists stuff is giving me a headache.. i been tryin to do mine for months, if i fix one thing another goes to shit... .... but i think i prob is a) i dun wanna drug and 2) lack of skills :D

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 08:52
fuck fuck and fuck again...I changed the wrong imp apparently...sposed to be SF/SA...damnation...that's gonna mess things up a bit

Varaem
29-01-04, 08:53
71/58 run speed?? ow. that's asking for death. Along with the 75 hlt.

If you're a PE, get at least 86 hlt without buffs. With buffs 101. The difference between 100 and 101 health is huge, like 30 hp or so.
Also with your last setup you made, you can use PA4, it self sustains. You either have to relog after GRing or take a red flash, but it does work after drugs go away.

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 08:58
Seeing hp below 400 is painfull (htl 102 on my PE) resists really arent hard to do

wun
29-01-04, 08:59
ok... should i swap my distance 3 for a moveon?

my dmg output will decrease a bit.. but i get more health...

*cries and desends into madness*

this is killing me...

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 09:05
It's all about balance :D

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 09:37
ooo...thanks for reminding me varaem...I didn't even think about it for some reason...that'll help a touch:D :D

Retro V
29-01-04, 09:47
put some buffs onto that thing ( wondered why it looked so awful ) . your poison resist at 22 % doesnt really seem worth speccing unless u wanna use a viperking vest

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 10:40
Varaem or DJ...both of ya said to get Hlt to around 101 or 102 with boosts (atleast)...with a 76 Hlt, according to the character gen, if I get a Heat/hazard 3 that puts my hlt to 101 with an 81 base Basic Res 3 will put me at 101...now since I would more than likely request a Hazard 3 wouldn't it be just as safe to put the 76 into Hlt and spend the xtra 30 pts in Ath?

Varaem
29-01-04, 11:07
No. Don't base a PE setup off of PPU buffs, as more often than not you'll be forced to rely on self buffs to win. It also takes the strain off of PPUs.

I personally have 101 health unbuffed, cause i like having about 402 hp before having to worry about resist boosters. My run resists suffer for that high health though.

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 11:54
Ok...I think I got the one I'm gonna try...I took my Hlt to 86...I did like DJ suggested and lowerd fire/nrg/xray by 10 to boost hlt and ath...was able to boost ath by about 5 total points...hadda sub xper balistic 3 for balanceadvancer 3 so I could use the PE 4 PA for the xtra boost to PC...gah!...haha...but hopefully this one will work out for me

here's the unbuffed version

here's the buffed version
http://www.pc-architect.com/dade/Test%20PE%20My%20Buffs.JPG

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 11:58
buffed with what?

Archeus
29-01-04, 12:03
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
buffed with what?

at a guess, spy1 and pistol1

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 12:10
spy 1/pistol 1/basic res 2 or whatever that one is I can cast...forgot to mention that :D

Varaem
30-01-04, 03:57
runspeed is stil a little low at 74/63... but if you take white flash or something it shouldn't be a problem.

QuantumDelta
30-01-04, 04:14
I'm going to leave the resisties stuff to the others.

I see your buffs are;

BR2.
Spy1.
PC1.
CRAHN Deflector.
Crahn Shelter.

You might want to consider looking up the stats for;

Blessed Deflector.
Heat1.
Hazard1.
Basic Resist 3.

If you are intent on using Judge DO NOT Try for a DEX 106 Setup.
DEX 106 Setups without drugs are BAD Enough already, but seriously if you're not going to try to use RoLH DONT GO THAT HIGH.
There are FAR better setups that give DEX 100, or DEX 101.
Even DEX 96 and drugging for the Judge.

IF You want to take that setup as it is into battle I would recommend eating AT LEAST Whiteflash and Paratemol Forte just to make up for the ....mistakes.

Dade Murphey
30-01-04, 06:57
I'm at a loss...I just don't get it...btw...QD empty your PM's haha =P