PDA

View Full Version : Hows this PE setup?

xIstrO
29-01-04, 04:40
Any input would be appreciated, PE is only class I have never played before. This is with blessed deflector and shelter sanctum, and whiteflash is only drug used. Also reading some of the other PE setup posts someone mentioned a drug free setup to use RoLH? Unless somethings messed up in the editor I cant find a way thats possible.

Reason for the T-C is so I can use stealth 2.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xtremesocomclan/skillmanager.gif

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 04:42
Strange how that setup looks remarkably similar to a red cross in a white box.

nonamebrandeggs
29-01-04, 04:42
Little Xs are bad :(.

xIstrO
29-01-04, 04:48
had wrong host

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 04:53
OK... got it working..

140 for is way too high, it caps at 114. DO NOT spec it to reach 114 after br2, if you are buffed by a PPU with a haz/heat spell you will not have the maximum force/piercing.

167 pc? ouch, unless that's a BS setup you won't even cap a libby rof AFAIK. get it to 170 at least.

energy is WAY to low, HL will shread you. Fire is too high. xray is a tad low. HP is far too low, atl is ok with the amount of agl, poison seems ok.
Plenty of hack, wep is a bit high, possibly lom some (some hack too) to psu, only need 34 psu to cap freq on an arti freq tl3 heal.

You have 74 ppu? yet only 43 mst, you need 48 mst/74ppu for br3 If you aren't drugging for br3 lom the ppu to 68 and put it in ppw, you will get better dmg on your def/shelt.

Oh and use shelter boots.

Jest
29-01-04, 04:54
Filter Heart would be much better for your heart. Strengthen heart 2 only works if you dont spec any poison at all. The point use is definitely in favor of the filter. You can use some more energy resist too, actually no wait, maybe choosing medium energy belt over medium energyFIELD belt would be good. :p

Havent played high tech in a while but I think your pistol and weapon lore points are lacking. (And btw the raised Int on the stealth tool next patch means you prolly cant use stealth 2 so just save those points). You might need to sacrifice some hacking and psi use for more int depending on how you want your %s to end up.

Edit:
Well if DJ says you have plenty of Wep then he is prolly right, it depends on how much pistol you end up with though. And he cant wear Shelter Boots his Psi is too low. You need 32. :(

Benjie
29-01-04, 04:56
How much resist do you need for each item in the boxes at the bottom? is 120 enough for each resist?

Also IMO you have too much Weapon Lore. You only need about 75 right? Or am I just talking low teck here? Kick me if I'm wrong. :p

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 05:02
Originally posted by Jest
maybe choosing medium energy belt over medium energyFIELD belt would be good. :p

HAHA, didn't see that. YES, med energy is what you want.
As jest said, filter heart is good, even a FH1.
Stealth 2 will be int 75 in a few hours :p, so lom the tc down.
Two choices, stay high lvl and go for RoLH or go lowtech/BS. Your PC is simply no high enough for RoLH, you will need at least 180 to get decent rof, and even more wep to make sure you cap the dmg.
With a BS/libby, get a moveon, the +18 htl is a god send.

xIstrO
29-01-04, 05:05
I planned on using Lib / RoLH - is RoLH that much better than lib? Or would I be better off just going all out for lib? I cant find anyone to test stuff with on test server.

Jest
29-01-04, 05:07
Originally posted by xIstrO
I planned on using Lib / RoLH - is RoLH that much better than lib? Or would I be better off just going all out for lib? I cant find anyone to test stuff with on test server. Depends on who you ask. Personally I prefer just the Libby but if you want to stealth then obviously a high tech weapon is the way to go.

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 05:09
From my bent and twisted opinion, use redflash over white flash, it last's twice as long and gives far higher agl/atl gains, but there is the -10 htl that can sting.

xIstrO
29-01-04, 05:19
How much PC does it take to cap?

Benjie
29-01-04, 05:20
How do I put my setup on the forum? (need host. East 2 use. I r noob.) :)

Retro V
29-01-04, 05:23
experimental ballistix gives a much needed extra to combat skill but switch it with moveon as said and u will then...
a) get 3 extra con and 18 health - maybe as much as 70 points in your life pool
b) go up to 63 strength without the ballistix penalty - and can use inqy 3 pants and heavy boots ( psi boots can make better energy resist but dura boots come out soon so that will need experimenting )
c)free up some force resist to carry more ammo :)

weaponlore adds to damage output on pistols , and while its not much , it does help to cap higher tl guns than blacksun - if thats the way you're going . however if u want to hack belts ( 105 is enough ) theres not much room to inccrease weaponlore .

and can anyone honesly say thats enough ath/agl ?

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 05:28
Originally posted by Retro V
b) go up to 63 strength without the ballistix penalty - and can use inqy 3 pants and heavy boots ( psi boots can make better energy resist but dura boots come out soon so that will need experimenting )

Erm, 63 str isn't enough for inq3 trousers, otherwise I would use em, I've had a look at the dura boots, but (for my setup) the shelter boots are still better than them or the heavy inq boots.

SorkZmok
29-01-04, 05:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
From my bent and twisted opinion, use redflash over white flash, it last's twice as long and gives far higher agl/atl gains, but there is the -10 htl that can sting.
The ONLY drugs one should ever use are redflash and beast. Tey got negatives but you can live with those cause they give more than they take and they last way longer than the other drugs. Get used to those 2 and you can take em for a damn long time without getting a drugflash. Although sometimes theres just bad luck and youll get the wrst flash ever. Even after 1 drug.

@threadstarter: i can setup a better pe in 2 minutes. you need some more practice. :p

xIstrO
29-01-04, 05:33
How bout this setup, as far as the boots whats the psi needed? on croncom.com Crahn Holy Shelter Boots = PSI 32 req

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xtremesocomclan/skillmanager2.gif

xIstrO
29-01-04, 05:35
This is with redflash btw, and to post a pic for whoever asked just have to upload it to a ftp host, I'm using lycos.co.uk for these.

And thanks for all the input guys, I'v been playn with PE on test server but with no1 to pvp there its kinda tough to make decisive choices.

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 05:40
164? holy shit, erm a bit too much.

which booster are you using btw?

Sorin
29-01-04, 05:42
Is that using blessed deflector? If so, since you will have to take your PA off anyways to cast it, you could lower the MST to base 43 (35 with PA on, so it goes up to 43 without PA) and use the points for PPU or PPW.

SorkZmok
29-01-04, 05:43
Originally posted by xIstrO
This is with redflash btw, and to post a pic for whoever asked just have to upload it to a ftp host, I'm using lycos.co.uk for these.

And thanks for all the input guys, I'v been playn with PE on test server but with no1 to pvp there its kinda tough to make decisive choices.

You're not allowed to test setups on TS. Well except hybrids, but thats cause they needed some testing.

Also the Skillmanager is a nice help, nothing more. PLAY the setup. Dont just make one up. I made up all my setups myself. Without the TS and without the skillmanager. Might take some time, some tries and a lot of loms but when you finally make it its great.

Btw, why use a str booster 3? Better put in a reflex4 and swap redflash with beast. More health, same speed, inqui and dura 3 armor.
Also that much enr resists wont help that much, you can cast shelter. Go for some more fire and xray, a bit more health and runspeed.

/edit
Youre wearing PA4 in that setup, but that requires 105 dex. PA3 is all you can go for. Also imo go for basic resist 2 and normal deflector. Needs no drugs and you can get better stats on your shelter. def isnt the problem, you got loads of resist force anyway.

Morris
29-01-04, 05:47
Your setup doesn't have enough dex for that PA4, even after the redflash.

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 05:51
Originally posted by Sorin
Is that using blessed deflector? If so, since you will have to take your PA off anyways to cast it, you could lower the MST to base 35 (so it goes up to 43 without PA) and use the points for PPU or PPW.
I think he is specking to use blessed def with the PA on, which... tb you shouldnt do, it might be a bit of a pain, but the defence you get with the points in ppw is much more usefull.

xIstrO
29-01-04, 05:59
Well the skillmanager %'s on the bottom are a bit buggy, my health shouldnt be 108 I dont think, I clicked on something else then changed it but the % didnt change. If anyone else could post a different setup thatd be great. I understand I should test it all myself etc etc. But somehow having a set plan seems alot more fun than LoMing for a week.

My main concerns is how much agi/atl is enough and what pc is needed to cap a lib.

And switching beast for redflash? You really think thats best? I was thinking about that but it takes away wep lore and doesnt give me the atl/agi bonus redflash does.

Sorin
29-01-04, 06:00
I think he is specking to use blessed def with the PA on, which... tb you shouldnt do, it might be a bit of a pain, but the defence you get with the points in ppw is much more usefull.

That's what I thought, but if that was the case he would have to take a psi drug since blessed deflector is TL 35 and PA's leave him at 31 or 32, depending.

Retro V
29-01-04, 06:06
100/100 runspeed will make you a very hard target , not that difficult to obtain if u use a normal reflex booster 4 ( with SA and SF ull still have enough INT to use med nrg belt ) . to cap damage and frequency on a libby is not entirely plausible as a hitech pistol pe - it takes almost 180 pc to reach 370/minute , but this depends slightly on overall dex level , as that is a contributing factor to freq ( weaponlore being the contributing factor to damage % ( but libby damage caps at far less pc anyway , like 165 ))

xIstrO
29-01-04, 06:12
I did 2 posts up, and thanks, as a tc pistol pe how much pc should I have? I wanted to use RoLH but if im going to have to give up a bunch of defense to be able to use it I'd rather not.

:edit: In most of the setups Iv been toying with PC has been between 165-172 mostly, depending on how much agi I want to give up. But to get 100/100? Ouch, I'd have to give up alot of resists and some pc?

Retro V
29-01-04, 06:17
heh , i found it afterall mate , then deleted my edit ^^

its not as bad as you think trying to get 100/100
after redflash or whiteflash and using reflex 4 and xp leg and foot
but think of it this way - would you rather be an average speed and have to put your resists to the test , or run round like Chow Yun Fat on amphetamines only feeling the few shots that do make contact a little more ?

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 06:18
Going all out of agl/atl is a tad silly. There are some that say.'Oh, no point in good resists if they can't hit you.' Which to me is just dumb. There are people out there that will keep a CS/HL lock on you, no matter what you do.

Just made a brief setup, might work.. up loading now.

fuck, uploadit has gone all crap, there a decent freee hosting site around?

Retro V
29-01-04, 06:25
There are some that say...

hah , yea myself for one :)
it depends on who u gonna fight - the human aimbots out there are few and far between , the game engine prevents that - too laggy at times and graphics are too slow even on great pcs

xIstrO
29-01-04, 06:27
free webhost = http://www.lycos.co.uk/buildasite/

I know what your saying about the agi/atl thing. Though Iv never played a pistol pe, I do remember when my tank was super fast, made it harder for me to aim as well, with pe reticle closes faster though I guess. You dont have any probs aiming while running that fast?

Retro V
29-01-04, 06:33
i have problems aiming at wbs :p i sux baad

Sorin
29-01-04, 06:36
Don't know what's better, starting a new thread when I probably shouldn't or hijacking someone else's thread. Well, maybe not really since it's related. Anyways.

On my pistol PE (capped all but psi and con) I have 171 P-C with my Pistol Combat Booster 1 (so 166 without). I just realized the other day, on chance, what an insignificant effect these 5 points have on my Liberator and Blacksun. Damage and aiming don't change with these 5 points, and frequency changes little. Liberator goes from 339/min to 325/min and Blacksun goes from 157/min to 153/min. Very little for 5 points. So I was thinking perhaps I should have a go at lomming about 3 of those points (so Liberator stays at or above 330/min) to get a decent amount more agility?

If I were to LOM 3 P-C points, I'd stay above 330/min on the Liberator, but that would free up 15 points in dex. My AGL is 73, but base is 41. So I could get my AGL up to 85. (As a reference/comparison point, my ATL is 75).

I'll probably do this anyways, but what do you guys think?

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 06:46
You should at least get above the 'soft cap', that occurs around 75/75. About 80/80 is good. Only 153 rpm on a BS? christ. Spend some cash and get a 3-4+ slotter made, and arti freq it. The 15 points in agl are probably worth it.

Sorin
29-01-04, 06:48
You should at least get above the 'soft cap', that occurs around 75/75. About 80/80 is good. Only 153 rpm on a BS? christ. Spend some cash and get a 3-4+ slotter made, and arti freq it. The 15 points in agl are probably worth it.

My BS IS 4 slot. And I think I have an unmodded 4 slot or two laying around somewhere. I also have an unmodded 5 slot. I forgot how I modded the particular 4 slotter I'm using though. . .

edit: Oh yeah, it's xray enlarged enlarged advanced. Do you think I'd still cap the damage were I to go enlarged advanced advanced? Damage would drop to about 97% or so.

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 07:05
Get the 5 slot.
ammo, barrel, ultima, freq, possibly another barrel or a laser/flashlight.

seriously though, I have 160 rpm on my judge, you should DEFINITELY have more on a BS.

ZoneVortex
29-01-04, 07:15
here i'll post a decent setup in a sec, it needs tweaking though so that's your job this is just a good start for a PE setup I think...

edit coming after i get otua the shower with a pic

http://www.floppyg.com/rebel/UberPistolPE.JPG

pending on the image working, you see there are some probs with that set up..

first off it's a setup that uses BS as its main weap...Lib if you feel like sucking (hrhr, sorry Lib PEs i hate that gun), and then you can throw on PA 2 if you wanna judge it up

the health is maybe too low although the resists should cover that, but if you can get more health and maintain the resists go for it

the PC is a bit low..but its not that big of a deal i still was gettin good enough ROF on my ultimated BS

sounded like you wanted a RoLH PE well this sure isn't the setup for that but if you ask me, out of all the RoLH PEs I've fought as a BS PE the blacksun seems far better.

anyways fuck around with that setup if you feel up to it, just felt like postin it

p.s. that setup has ... heat 1 on i do believe as well as des forte to use it

and you'll notice that setup doesn't use PA cause PE PA blows my hind quarters if you wanna kick ass and look cool while doing it :eek:

the psi is high enough to use haz 1 if you feel like it or whatever...

Birkoff
29-01-04, 07:55
Spec for beam of hell, its gunna own after the next patch :-/

SamuraiPizzaCat
29-01-04, 08:00
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fuckyouidiots/pics/hcpesetup1.jpg
*sigh*
forget it ...

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 08:00
Even with PA3 the PC there is too low, with 174 pc i get 160 rpm on a judge. brrrrr, even a BS will get crappy rof.
resists are too high, the resist/hp balance is way too high, stop thinking resists, think about dmg absorbtion. Who cares if you take 45 from a CS if you only have 340 hp. Take 55 and have 450 hp.

Varaem
29-01-04, 08:35
To use rolh without drugs...
SF, Moto3, vehicle 3, mind control 3, dex booster 3, PE PA4. 110 dex. RoLH requires 108.

Now there are some major problems with that setup, but ... ya, you can figure it out.

sultana
29-01-04, 10:44
tbh, i belive you shouldn't got for a rolh or even a judge setup without an sa, it'd be a lot better to go for a libby/blacksun, put in a moveon + ppr and you'll have a nice con setup to build on.

Varaem
29-01-04, 11:08
Originally posted by sultana
it'd be a lot better to go for a libby/blacksun, put in a moveon + ppr and you'll have a nice con setup to build on.

Cookie cutter.

ZV, you had codewarrior open in your screen shots... C++ or Java? And what's the program do/for?

Edit: deleted lots of stuff from this post. :(

Netphreak
29-01-04, 11:35
Originally posted by Varaem
To use rolh without drugs...
SF, Moto3, vehicle 3, mind control 3, dex booster 3, PE PA4. 110 dex. RoLH requires 108.

Now there are some major problems with that setup, but ... ya, you can figure it out.

Ok just to help with the above setup:
(Do not use Mind Control 3 unless you have overspecced alot of wep lore mind 3 has -20 wep lore on it now)
SF, SA, motoric 3, dist comp3, exp reflex 4 PE PA4 and use Redflash (the extra t-c, p-c and wep lore is well worth it if you want to use RoHL)

Well guessing at that setup as im in uni atm and can't use skill manager here i would say try values around this:
INT
hck - 100 (105 with spy1)
Psi use - depends on how much wep lore you need/want
Wep Lore - a pistol pe should never have less than 103 to make sure you cap damage on RoHL i would say overspec it to about 125-130

DEX
p-c - 180
t-c - what ever is needed for RoHL
agl - 70 will be ok when you take redflash it will be ok

I'm sure that doesn't help much at all but i dont have access to skill manager

P.S - DJ got me a laser pointed Judge now its stats aren't as good as the one i bought of you but we can try it out in neofrag later.:D