PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Clan Mates

BombShell
29-01-04, 03:31
Should Clan mates be kicked from clan automatically after a month of not being active in clan.

maybe list who been kicked in the clan forums.

even leader so when a whole clan dies and leader is still in the position it will kick him and put the clan to be deleted when not active.

OpTi
29-01-04, 03:36
how about a section in the clan admin where the rank 15 can check a list of ppl who have been inactive for say a month and have the option to kcik frm there as not everyone will want ppl auto kicked from the clan

BombShell
29-01-04, 03:37
that works :) but leader might be inactive as while but is still in clan.

and it happens look at some of the clans thay hav leaders and inactive chars.

ezza
29-01-04, 03:37
dont kick me im active i was on before:( :( :(

:D

when i was leader of followers of crahn/Mercs of Destruction i would regularly go though the clan list and kick anyone who i didnt think was playing enough or hadnt been seen in weeks

though if i know theres a reason then they wouldnt be kicked.

i would on occiasions if it was someone who was a good guy id send em a mail to let em know whats happened and why

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 03:38
ah...yes...I kinda like opti's a bit better...there are some times situations where people have to quit for x amount of time...but if they do have intentions of coming back no need for them to get kicked...I went ahead and said yes...but on a stipulation sort of thing...I agree there should be a way to check...and then the leader or the one right under him can decide what to do...and maybe if the leader goes inactive for X amount of time it automatically puts the next highest ranking, active person in his place...dunno...a thought

ezza
29-01-04, 03:39
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
ah...yes...I kinda like opti's a bit better...there are some times situations where people have to quit for x amount of time...but if they do have intentions of coming back no need for them to get kicked...I went ahead and said yes...but on a stipulation sort of thing...I agree there should be a way to check...and then the leader or the one right under him can decide what to do...and maybe if the leader goes inactive for X amount of time it automatically puts the next highest ranking, active person in his place...dunno...a thought but then the clan leader wil still have the key for the clan more than likely

BombShell
29-01-04, 03:41
Originally posted by ezza
but then the clan leader wil still have the key for the clan more than likely

ezza is right useally when the leaders gone the clan dies.

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 03:41
hmmm...maybe...uh...clans could keep the key in the clan apt cabs...I dunno...shoosh...I forgot about the keys...bastard ruinin my line of thought

BombShell
29-01-04, 03:46
hehe over 60 veiwers and only 5 post :(

DonnyJepp
29-01-04, 03:48
I don't think an auto-kick would be really fair.

But they should show the last time each character was signed in, in number of days since. Planetside has that and it helps.

ezza
29-01-04, 03:48
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
I don't think an auto-kick would be really fair.

But they should show the last time each character was signed in, in number of days since. Planetside has that and it helps. yup i think a screen that showed that would be cool

BombShell
29-01-04, 03:52
yah my thought is a rough idea. just thought of it a few mins agin when i was thinking about some enmys we hav that r above 200 peeps in clan but only hav 2 active chars.

so maybe something betetr then mine would be good

i would like to go bak and change it but i cant their so many good ideas.

maybe their should be some sort of instrument that would allow to veiw over inactive players rather then auto kick and so on.

but theirs so many good ideas i cant think how i would post them all :) how about u just vote yes and add wut u would like. giving a idea of thought. and we can just make vote yes we need something diffrent.

Benjie
29-01-04, 03:53
HELL NO!

My brother (shaze) is a member of Dark, and he's been innactive now for about two or three months. He wants to come back, he's just having PC problems. He doesn't want to get kicked out of the clan.

This idea is totally stupid. It serves no perpose, it would just be a feature thats there just for the sake of it! I mean What the fuck?

Absolutely not. Worst idea ever!

BombShell
29-01-04, 03:56
well he better get bak soon. hes goin to be bumed when kk start deleting accounts.

Benjie
29-01-04, 03:58
Originally posted by BombShell
well he better get bak soon. hes goin to be bumed when kk start deleting accounts.
He's going to reactivate his account for a month when they do that, so his characters get saved.

BombShell
29-01-04, 04:01
i dont get y your mad thou he can alway rejoin clan it will just be clan maintance.

his inactive for that long really shouldnt be in clan hell i kicked my self out of clan when i was inactive fro 2 weeks and i joined bak when i came bak.

why put ur self throu hell and worry when u can just rejoin.

Benjie
29-01-04, 04:04
i dont get y your mad thou he can alway rejoin clan it will just be clan maintance.

his inactive for that long really shouldnt be in clan hell i kicked my self out of clan when i was inactive fro 2 weeks and i joined bak when i came bak.

why put ur self throu hell and worry when u can just rejoin.

The reason it shouln't be there is because there is no reason for it to be there. If it's not broke, don't fix it! Why implament a stupid automatic clan member kicking after a month when it's fine as it is?

It would also make roleplayers cringe in agony.

mdares
29-01-04, 04:06
well hehe i'm on and all that; but only char that u guys want me to log is my apu so my tank doesnt get any face time =p

Benjie
29-01-04, 04:09
Originally posted by mdares
well hehe i'm on and all that; but only char that u guys want me to log is my apu so my tank doesnt get any face time =p
It would just complicate things. Adding a dumb regulation just for the hell of it.

Takes me back to my school days when there where out of bounds areas that where there just for the hell of it, and doors you wern't allowed to go through for absolutely fuck all reason.

BombShell
29-01-04, 04:09
Originally posted by mdares

hehe dont give me that i see u log ur tank every so often :)

and for ben while thats not saying about the other 20 members that r trully inactive.

and then the clan dies and ur bro is still in it. would it matter then
and the clan wipe will never happen because itsstill showing a member in clan.

cluttering up the clan info screen.
and cluttering up ur clanmembers listing showing whos in ur clan but yet half of them dont play and u r not knowing to recruit or to kick who.

Benjie
29-01-04, 04:11
I stick by my pointless feature opinion.

Also what happens if the entire clan is innactive for over a month huh? Fix that conundrum smarty pants. :D

BombShell
29-01-04, 04:14
Originally posted by Benjie
I stick by my pointless feature opinion.

Also what happens if the entire clan is innactive for over a month huh? Fix that conundrum smarty pants. :D

then that clan shouldnt be in game :)

its a deid clan many will say and if the clan leader wants to reactivate if he ever comes bak he can just restart it and if ur a member of it and loyal u can always return to ur freinds.

ive been with my clan mates from begging of retail so its all good.

Benjie
29-01-04, 04:24
then that clan shouldnt be in game
Yeah great Idea sherlock. Implament it with the next patch please kk, this idea is a must.

Give yourself a pat on the back Bombshell. You obviously put a lot of thought into this one, you are a genious. How do you come up with these incredible ideas?

*edit to the quote below*

You have a lot of anger there Benjie...maybe you need a nap or something...

Naw, I just had a relaxing bath thanks. :) Im in a very good mood at the moment as it happens. Just because I don't agree with this idea doesn't mean I'm not in a good mood. :)

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 04:28
You have a lot of anger there Benjie...maybe you need a nap or something...or some dinner or a smoke...the idea actually makes a lot of sense...why have a clan still "active" with no one actually active in it...why have players taking up clan space when they haven't been around for atleast a month...after 3 months anyway, starting at release of DoY and after, innactive players are going to be getting deleted to free up space...so what's wrong with this idea...do you have a shitload of innactive characters taking up space somewhere or something?

edit: I'll agree though it shouldn't be automatic...but more selective from the clan leader or something along those lines

fatwreck
29-01-04, 04:42
i thought they were talking about a screen that showed inactive members, not an auto-kick thing after a month.

i think its a great idea just to see whos still playing since therse different times that some players log on. for a leader, its nice to see who still from clan logs on.

autokick=bad

but a list of who's active would be nice. expecially if your mailing clan about a clan event or trying to organize an op war etc.

g0rt
29-01-04, 04:44
HELL NO!

My brother (shaze) is a member of Dark, and he's been innactive now for about two or three months. He wants to come back, he's just having PC problems. He doesn't want to get kicked out of the clan.

This idea is totally stupid. It serves no perpose, it would just be a feature thats there just for the sake of it! I mean What the fuck?

Absolutely not. Worst idea ever!

Actually its a great idea. Whats stopping ur brother from getting back into the clan when he gets back? Oh yeah..nothing at all!

This would keep clans sizes REAL and not have some noob clan with 150 people in it but only 2-3 on at a time o_O

Benjie
29-01-04, 04:45
Let me tweak this idea to how I think it should be.

[list=1]
:confused: One month is too short. It's not unusuall for people to take one month breaks and hollidays and come back afterwards., and not everybody is a Neocron addict. Suggest two or three months.
:confused: It should be an option. Not automatic. Not all clans are 'in it' just to be powerfull. Some clans like to take the casual approach.
:confused: There should be no option for this 'feature' with regards to the clan leader. A clan neads a leader to be active.
[/list=1]

Dade Murphey
29-01-04, 04:51
Let me tweak this idea to how I think it should be.

[list=1]
:confused: One month is too short. It's not unusuall for people to take one month breaks and hollidays and come back afterwards., and not everybody is a Neocron addict. Suggest two or three months.
:confused: It should be an option. Not automatic. Not all clans are 'in it' just to be powerfull. Some clans like to take the casual approach.
:confused: There should be no option for this 'feature' with regards to the clan leader. A clan neads a leader to be active.
[/list=1]

3 months of inactivity will get the character deleted after DoY...even casual players long on more than 1 time a month...otherwise you've payed 10$ for a few hrs of play...waste of cash

everyone has been saying it should be selective on the leaders part...even the thread starter after the first few posts

there needs to be some sort of option if you have a leader who disappears for a long period of time...either something the leader cna set up or something the next in command can do

BombShell
29-01-04, 05:08
i would like a screen to kick.

but if leader is inactive wut r u goin to do.

and theirs some stuff only leaders can do. that rank 14 cant.

it needs some thought but am sure it can be made to make everyone happy.