PDA

View Full Version : [OT] What do do with LAN party cheaters

MrBiggles
29-01-04, 02:44
hehe i stumbled across this vid from the local lan party gig that we have around here. can you say retribution?

http://ev.dhs.org/videos/wmv/Lantrocity%20-%20Cheater%20busted/cheaterlow.wmv

Spoon
29-01-04, 02:46
OMG, that's so two years ago.........

still funny tho..........

:lol:

Xian
29-01-04, 02:48
Yeah I remember seeing that well over a year ago. Looks like it's set up, but still very funny. :D

MrBiggles
29-01-04, 02:51
Originally posted by Spoon
OMG, that's so two years ago.........

still funny tho..........

:lol:

wow i never realized that the local vid went worldwide.

and yeah, it was totally setup IIRC....old case with extra spare parts thrown into it to make a better "explosion" and a dead monitor.

VetteroX
29-01-04, 02:53
2 years? maybe 3...

Anyway unny, but not enough. If it was up to me, cheaters/hackers would be executed... and no, Im not joking. Nothing pisses me off more. For you people who say "stfu vet you sick isnt that harsh?" no... hopefully nobody would be before a firing squad because with that punishment who would cheat?

Marx
29-01-04, 03:26
Anybody who gets that mad over a cheater at a lan is pathetic.

lan dude :mad: "YOU CHEATED USING AIMBOT" :mad:

lan cheatar :confused: "WHAT U MEAN? LOL" :confused:

lan dude :mad: "I AM GOING TO ASSAULT YOU AND DESTROY YOUR PROPERTY!" :mad:

lan cheatar :confused: "WTF DUDE?!" :confused:

lan dude :mad: "SINCE I'M A LAN DUDE, NO ONE WILL BELEIVE ME WHEN YOU SUE" :mad:

*policeman enters stage left* "You're all going to be arrested for assault, illegal restraint, and destruction of private property."

lan dude :confused: "WTF?" :confused:

policeman :p "Just because you're a nerd doesn't mean you're above the law" :p

lan dude :( "WAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" :(

Part of me is saying it was staged tho'.

:confused:

joran420
29-01-04, 03:45
yeah even if its not....thats pretty shitty im pretty sure it was staged...if not that was a horrible way to handle it and the lan party prolly ended up buying the guy a new puter

Psychoninja
29-01-04, 04:06
Haven't seen that in a while :lol:

FirestarXL
29-01-04, 04:10
Wow, now that's an old one... but good to see it again.

And yes, it was 100% totally staged. The people who made it stated that without a doubt. :p

g0rt
29-01-04, 05:18
Hahha thats so staged, if it wasn't that guy who got his PC tossed out would be jumping for joy because he could probably sue the fucking shit out of the company who hosted the LAN.

Some things just are puzzling how its cheating tho. I remember in quake1...EVERY good player would strip textures out of the game so you could see the other players more clearly, and replace the regular player skins with bright ones. I mean everyone did it, even that guy that won a 100,000$ car for playing Quake...thresh or whatever. Now all of a sudden stripping textures is a cheat. Whitewalls i think they call it. What a joke.

Samhain
29-01-04, 06:29
yeah it's staged - the 'cheater' can be seen holding back laughter at the end just before he starts to run

Anybody who gets that mad over a cheater at a lan is pathetic.

No, it means they take video games seriously. Gaming, especially at something competative at a LAN is just as serious as any professional sport or anything else. I'm sure there's some facet of your life that you take seriously that someone else doesn't and might even think you are pathetic for (maybe a stamp collection?).

Point is, if you're at a LAN, you could be competing for some serious cash or prizes (Think: Thresh winning John Carmacks Ferrari)

Jeros82
29-01-04, 10:09
I wish they would let you sign a contract if you compete in a LAN and you cheat, that they actually may smack your computer to the ground and kick you out so they can't get sewed for smashing your computer to the floor.

Cheaters = Losers.

WebShock
29-01-04, 10:55
if it isnt a stage...

dont you all find it king od coincidential that there happened to be a camera there catching all the right angles. if that did happen, the footage would be so amatuerish, you wouldnt get diffrent angles and fades. editing wouldnt make it look... well practiced.

Mirco
29-01-04, 11:02
Hehe I never seen that before. That was funny. It has something of a medieval feel about it.
SOME GUY:WE FOUND A WITCH!!!!
CROWD: WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
THE GUY: LETS BURN HER!!!!!!!!
CROWD: BURN THE WITCH, BUUUUUURN THE WITCH
ALL: CHEERING AND WISTLES

Mingerroo
29-01-04, 11:10
One problem with this theory. There was a guy a while back, said he was cheating to a mate in a "hehe, must be why I'm doing so well" joke, when he wasn't cheating. They overheard him and chucked him out, then chucked his PC out after him. Fucked his comp for no reason :(

Funny vid, just highlights most humans' nature to not think.

Steve

Archeus
29-01-04, 11:13
I go to CS lan party occasionally, and it does get very heated.

One time a group kept getting owned, they just up and left in disgust. One of them still hasn't returned.

Another brought his son, who preceeded to use skin hacks and an aim bot. He got banned, got a smack for being a tard (by his father) and his computer taken off him when he got home for a month.

Another kept doing stupid shit (like gunning his whole team at the start), he thought it was hilarious. When he went out for a pee the guy beside him changed all his windows passwords.

It also gets a bit heated arguing (although in good fun). During the summer, the place we rented had no air con, so everyone is in t-shirts but two muppets are basically in shorts and butt naked apart from that (it was quite disturbing actually as when they sat down they looked completly naked), then around 1am a special branch cop comes into the place because the neighbours heard screaming and people talking about guns and explosives outside. First time I saw an Irish cop with a firearm. "whats going on here lads...." (looks at the two guys who look naked) "... nevermind, keep the noise down" and leaves.

Parappa
29-01-04, 11:46
That's why a sword is good for lans. Touch the 'puter and loose an arm, your choice.

Beanie McChimp
29-01-04, 11:47
it;s just so sad arguing over video games some people should get a life and go out more.

Original monk
29-01-04, 12:04
the cheater got what he deserved

edit: @ beanie mc.chimp: what pizza topping would you be ? -> post it in the toppingthread beanie :)

numb
29-01-04, 12:17
Originally posted by g0rt
Some things just are puzzling how its cheating tho. I remember in quake1...EVERY good player would strip textures out of the game so you could see the other players more clearly, and replace the regular player skins with bright ones. I mean everyone did it, even that guy that won a 100,000$ car for playing Quake...thresh or whatever. Now all of a sudden stripping textures is a cheat. Whitewalls i think they call it. What a joke.

If I remember right, with quake, that was a standard console command and I think a few servers checked the base.pcx towards the end. I remember also setting FOV 120 or whatever, so I could see out of my ears too ;) It's not so much cheating because anyone could do it and it was part of the original game .

I think more modern games have server option to block FOV use and I think textures are checked on various games. So if you've found a way around this, you are getting an unfair advantage on everyone else - whereas with original quake, it was a command available to [i]all in the console.

Thane
29-01-04, 12:28
well.... to state some facts:

it's NOT illegal to use aimbots (you won't get arrested for it).
threatening someone's live or propperty tho is.

:D

so..... if YOU are the person to even harm a cheater or his propperty, YOU are the one going to be sued for it.... not him for using teh a1mb0t...

anyway, vod old, still would have been bets to just kick that person out the "normal" way imo :) (or at least not to record the destruction of his PC)

PS: but hell, what do you exect when you play cs, smart oponents? hrhrrrr

PPS: "No, it means they take video games seriously." .... ummm.. lol.... no, it gives us some warning about the next people to go berzerk and kill their teacher or some shit like that :)

Cytaur
29-01-04, 12:33
well, breaking someone's comp because they cheat in games is acceptable. Why ? How many people are out there (in jail at least) who killed either their spouse or the person their spouse cheated with or even both ? So if you cheat on LAN party, be lucky that you're still alive :)

Nightbrother
29-01-04, 12:37
Originally posted by Cytaur
well, breaking someone's comp because they cheat in games is acceptable. Why ? How many people are out there (in jail at least) who killed either their spouse or the person their spouse cheated with or even both ? So if you cheat on LAN party, be lucky that you're still alive :)

rofl... how the hell.... hahaha.... so it's acceptable to break people's things as long as you don't kill them also? Cool.

How the hell can you justify breaking people's property with the fact that some people are murderers? I hope you're just pulling our leg with that post. :)

Cytaur
29-01-04, 12:40
are you the type who sues the person that you fought with and lost ?

WebShock
29-01-04, 12:53
cytaur how old are you?

you have no idea or have any real grasp to what reality really is.

Nightbrother
29-01-04, 13:01
are you the type who sues the person that you fought with and lost ?

I've never been in a fight, for several reasons, mainly because I think fighting mostly is utterly pointless, and I'm 7'3'' and weigh about 290 pounds, so people leave me alone.

The rest I won't dignify with an answer.

Cytaur
29-01-04, 13:06
then are you the type who thinks that there's no point for a country to have an army, and they're nothing but killers ?

WebShock
29-01-04, 13:06
hahahahahaha pwned

would you try to punch a moon man tank with your combat gimped constructor/researcher?

Nightbrother
29-01-04, 13:24
then are you the type who thinks that there's no point for a country to have an army, and they're nothing but killers ?

Nope.

You're really looking for a fight, aren't you? :lol:

Cytaur
29-01-04, 13:26
yeah in fact I do ! Meet me at these coordinates in a week:

N47'23 W23'57

[SP]Ostrich
29-01-04, 13:29
I would hurt people who cheated at a lan... not destroy their property. Also, i know what reality is, but i also love my gaming. >:]

Nightbrother
29-01-04, 13:33
yeah in fact I do ! Meet me at these coordinates in a week:

N47'23 W23'57

:( That's in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of the Iberian Peninsula. Are you trying to trick me into waiting for days on a boat in a desolate place ??? Evil you.

*Walks away and leaves this thread to people who have something constructive to contribute, i.e. not me* :)

Napalm82
29-01-04, 13:33
i dont get mad over cheaters...i get even... "the best thing in the world is cheating a cheater"

- Napalm