PDA

View Full Version : Awww...they listen after all.

RayBob
29-01-04, 00:16
Originally posted by RayBob
The current OP system is pretty lame. There really isn't much reason to own an OP to begin with, but that's another problem entirely. It is primarily a staging point for OP fights---which is the best part of this game for many people.

The problem now is that there is no incentive for a clan to come and defend or re-take their OP once it is attacked. KK realized that the camping of the GRs was horrible so they allowed clans to GR directly to the UG and without impairment. That was a great first step. Unfortunately, it has simply changed the camping spot from the GR to the UG entrance. Some people even camp the UG spawn point.

I suggest that each UG have 3 exits: 2 inside the OP and one outside. I also think that access to the UG should be controlled through security settings (similar to the way GR access is controlled). The time between hacks should also be changed to 5 minutes. This will give the defending clan a solid 10 minutes to gather their forces and also a safe UG location to spawn.

There needs to be a time limit for a clan to retake their OP. If they don't retake their OP within 90 minutes, then they lose the ability to hack it for 36 hours. There also needs to be a limit to the number of OPs a clan can take in a single day.

The idea is to force a clan to come to a fight or lose their OP for a significant amount of time. What is happening now is that some clans refuse to come to an OP fight. They prefer to go to another OP and take that instead. The result is that you spend hours running all over the map hacking OPs without any opposition and without ever engaging the enemy.

I don't know about anyone else, but running around the map is not my idea of fun. I want to actually have a fight and I think these changes would promote more fights.
Misc changes and bugfixes
- Outpost undergrounds now follow the OP's security settings. Players not allowed to warp to the OP are not allowed to enter the UG.

A great change but they also need to add multiple exits from the UG and perhaps a few of the other changes I suggested.

Psyco Groupie
29-01-04, 00:37
Im sure it was you that got that feature added

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 00:44
They boosted the Judge, do I get a cookie too?

WebShock
29-01-04, 00:47
haters!

let the man wallow in bliss

Kikyo
29-01-04, 00:52
oh thats great, now the clan owning the op can play zoneacron....great...

WebShock
29-01-04, 00:55
well it also means that that combat gimped constructor or researcher doesnt have to worry about getting ganked when they are working out of a op.

lamest thing is when you are at a op and some no0b that wants to ninja your op. in turn all they want to do is kill the scout that responds to the hack warning. these are the most annoying kind of pker, the one who just kills you because he knows you pose no challenge.

at least if you are being attacked the gimped trader can log and come back once the smoke clears

RayBob
29-01-04, 01:00
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Im sure it was you that got that feature added Want a bite of my cookie? :D

Shadow Dancer
29-01-04, 01:04
I'm confused, what does this change actually do? I mean, what does it solve? What was it's purpose?

Archeus
29-01-04, 01:07
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I'm confused, what does this change actually do? I mean, what does it solve? What was it's purpose?

I think some people were upset getting killed in the UG after zoning and dropping a turret and zoning again.

It will stop people dropping turrets in the UG (or probably wont you know how sadistic some clans are).

Do trades people get bonus in the UG? or did you mean they will run for the UG?

WebShock
29-01-04, 01:11
the purpose is that the UG door will be locked. So if the OP settings are to faction only, only faction members can zone down.

Yes, you do get a op bonus underground

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 01:11
It means the clan tradeskillers can res/cst/rep/whatever in peace, and GRing clan members cannot be killed untill they leave the UG.
It does mean they can zone hop, which is teh ****, and stealth drop turrets.

Archeus
29-01-04, 01:18
So outposts have been carebear'ed.

RayBob
29-01-04, 01:19
Originally posted by Kikyo
oh thats great, now the clan owning the op can play zoneacron....great... Right now, attackers have the advantage and that is crazy. The defenders of a fortified outpost should always have the advantage.

When you get a hack warning, people have to stop what they are doing and start GRing into the OP. It is not possible for everyone to GR in at the same time. What this does is give the defending clan a safe place to gather and prepare to defend. If the defenders have a spot to retreat to for a short time until the OP is hacked, then great. After all, they own the OP and should have some advantage.

However, they still need to add multiple UG exits to put an end to zone point camping. They also need to increase the time it takes to hack an OP. It should be hard to take over an OP.

petek480
29-01-04, 01:21
Originally posted by RayBob
Right now, attackers have the advantage and that is crazy. The defenders of a fortified outpost should always have the advantage.

When you get a hack warning, people have to stop what they are doing and start GRing into the OP. It is not possible for everyone to GR in at the same time. What this does is give the defending clan a safe place to gather and prepare to defend. If the defenders have a spot to retreat to for a short time until the OP is hacked, then great. After all, they own the OP and should have some advantage.

However, they still need to add multiple UG exits to put an end to zone point camping. They also need to increase the time it takes to hack an OP. It should be hard to take over an OP.
Not like theres any turrets in this game that pushes people back stopping them from entering the ug:rolleyes:

Maarten
29-01-04, 01:23
Until the OP is succesfully hacked... Then the attackers can go into the underground and kill however is down there...

Dribble Joy
29-01-04, 01:28
Since when was the forun censored?

fuck arse shit ?

Archeus
29-01-04, 01:30
Originally posted by Maarten
Until the OP is succesfully hacked... Then the attackers can go into the underground and kill however is down there...

or they can log then wait until people are in the UG and log back in and kill all thier traders.

Its serious carebearing. You don't loose anything in ops so a trader being killed means nothing.

RayBob
29-01-04, 01:33
Originally posted by petek480
Not like theres any turrets in this game that pushes people back stopping them from entering the ug:rolleyes: The push effect on stun drones is one of the worst parts of this game--#1 on my personal list of desired changes. I don't like any solution that depends on this ridiculous and unbalanced feature.

Originally posted by Archeus
So outposts have been carebear'ed.Hardly. I doubt I am alone in feeling that there is little reason to own OPs at all these days. This "safe have" within the OP adds a very nice advantage for owners and their allies.

Archeus
29-01-04, 01:36
Except that it is not really safe.

So your in the underground. Just camp upstairs and kill you when you leave (and you have to leave).

You can't hide in the UG as soon as the Op is hacked your screwed.

What it does do is allow people to drop a turret and zone. So expect more of that.

RayBob
29-01-04, 01:49
...Just camp upstairs and kill you when you leave (and you have to leave).Camping the spawn/zone point in Neocron--or any other game--is extremely lame. This is why I think they should add multiple exits from the UG.

What it does do is allow people to drop a turret and zone. So expect more of that. People do this a lot now. Besides, the turret system in OPs is an entirely different problem that needs a complete revision.

WebShock
29-01-04, 01:56

Its serious carebearing. You don't loose anything in ops so a trader being killed means nothing.

dropping a mc5 implant sucks though :/

SorkZmok
29-01-04, 02:05
Gogus in the undergrounds would be very nice. Cause it kinda sucks when you genrep in too late and then are stuck in the UG and theres not even a gogu around.

Archeus
29-01-04, 02:58
Originally posted by WebShock
dropping a mc5 implant sucks though :/

You don't drop anything at an outpost. So you have to get it repoked.

VetteroX
29-01-04, 03:02
hey great. so we cant get mission/check citycom in the wastes now. sounds fun, thx.

DonnyJepp
29-01-04, 03:15
Originally posted by VetteroX
hey great. so we cant get mission/check citycom in the wastes now. sounds fun, thx.

Good point, Vett. They may have to add more outside citycoms.

Seems like kind of a retarded change, I mean, a doombeamer outta be able to unlock about any door :D

Lifewaster
29-01-04, 04:43
How about a empty GR in every UG , that simply lets u recover your backpack.

Then you can respawn there in an op fight and not be trapped with no weapons, you'd still have synap but it might add a little bonus for defenders.

Nothing hugely significant overall, since you can do this anyway by respawning elsewhere then g'ring to the op's UG. Just end up with death synap plus gr synap.

Maybe if they also apply the synap reduction to respawning at the UG from death, so a death respawn would only have approx half the normal death synap if you choose to respawn at an OP you own. And add a reduction to implant dropouts for doing this also ?

This would make OPs very nice to have even for just hunting , especially the implant drop part ... or for using to launch an attack on a nearby OP.

fatwreck
29-01-04, 04:48
this sounds like a bad idea. i already see people zoning into the UG when they get close to dying. op wars are gonig to be even less fun now

Birkoff
29-01-04, 10:43
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

What i thought.

Originally posted by petek480
Not like theres any turrets in this game that pushes people back stopping them from entering the ug:rolleyes:

lol...

Strange change, but hey.

i think that all this will do is make even more OPs GR faction/clan.

MjukisDjur
29-01-04, 10:45
Originally posted by Kikyo
oh thats great, now the clan owning the op can play zoneacron....great...

No attacker is mad enough to go UG anyway due to evil UG turrets trapping people :)

solling
29-01-04, 12:00
i think its a great idea now u will actually have to hurry up and hack it cuz u cant enter UG and prevent enemies form getting buffed and rdy and u actually dont know who is down there either till u gte it hacked but then the enemy is screwed :P

GT_Rince
29-01-04, 12:04
So outposts have been carebear'ed.

Nope - it is now folling a rule. Think about it - would you let faction enemies into your UG? Hell no! You would lock them out.

Great change :)

WebShock
29-01-04, 12:48
You don't drop anything at an outpost. So you have to get it repoked.

thats what i meant :D

QuantumDelta
29-01-04, 13:13
Originally posted by WebShock
the purpose is that the UG door will be locked. So if the OP settings are to faction only, only faction members can zone down.

Yes, you do get a op bonus underground But it doesn't work o_O

also most people will need to go upstairs for the gogu anyway.

Hmm.
I like the change on most levels...

Cruzbroker
29-01-04, 13:50
Who goes in the UG anyway before it's hacked? There's always turrets at ug and only need few people to shoot you down at sight.

I don't see anything SERIOUS in this change..

And usually people just spam the entrace, makes no difference.

Though there won't be much turrets when enemy can't even get there..

And cloakers dropping turrets.. Fire works well. Altho I think they should add 20-30 second build time (and have to stand still). => needs stealth 3 or obli for it..

Nothing special..