PDA

View Full Version : 2 accounts, 2 comps, 1 router... *help*

Al3X
28-01-04, 21:28
i have 2 accounts, 2 computers but im behind a router. i can start nc on both comps without a problem, but if i log into both accounts at the same time, the first account starts an endless synch. what can i do about this?

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 21:39
change the local port on either computer to something other than 7000 .. 7001 is always good :)

add LOCALPORT = "7001" to neocron.ini

Al3X
29-01-04, 16:25
did that already.. didnt work.. i also routed the required ports (6001 and 6002) to the ip's of the 2 comps.. so that shouldnt be the problem

[VP]Orion
29-01-04, 17:41
At a friends place we play both behind his router and it works perfectly. Well, it didnt at first but it does after adding the localport=XXXX at both computers. (Of coz with different ports) We didnt have to change anything else at all. Nothing in the router. Nothing.

Darkborg
29-01-04, 18:11
hmmm im on a router with 4 comps behind it all four have been in simultaneus use with nc. no problems there

Psyco Groupie
29-01-04, 18:15
which router alex, firmware ?

Al3X
29-01-04, 18:48
DrayTek Corp.
Vigor2200 Series
Firmware Version: v1.08

Clyde
29-01-04, 21:05
routes = pain in the ass plus more money. shoulda just had 2 nics in one comp and 1 nic in the other and a crossover cable, less work, less hassle and cheaper since most mbs have a internal ehternet card. However what worked for me was changing my main comp to 7001, and the other to 7002

da_pimp
29-01-04, 22:11
one router or one switch if router just change the port cuz they are both using the same port to access the same server ofcource the server isnt gonna let that fly and kill one o' thems

da_pimp
29-01-04, 22:13
lol ever herd of a switch dont need 2 nics plus if you use 2 nics then you got what a advanced version of the token ring and that was never good just drop like 30 bucks on a switch plug your pipes in and presto!! you got instand workgroup with file sharing and print server oooh yeah i love it

Al3X
30-01-04, 11:00
our homenetwork contains 10 computers and a DHCP/DNS/WEB/MAIL server. 3 comps + the server in my house, 3 comps in the neighbours house and 3 computers in the other neighbours house. each house has its own switch, which are connected to the router. so basicly each family has its switch and we are all connected to the router, who gives us a constant internet connection and firewall protection.

note: my computer is set as DMZ host

BiTeMe
30-01-04, 11:07
Try resetting your router to factory defaults (asuming you have the latest bios for it).
I have had problems with my router before, when everything was configured correctly only a reset to defaults would clear them.

Do you use UPnP ?

Artie
30-01-04, 11:59
Originally posted by Al3X

note: my computer is set as DMZ host [/B]

doesn't setting your comp as DMZ overwrite the forwarded ports you're using? One comp is taking all the info in..the other is stuck without anything. I'd take it off dmz.

Hazard01
30-01-04, 13:39
Normally a router should just look who is using which port and sort the traffic the right way back.

Have a look in the error.log file in your neocron directory. It should tell you which port you are using, so if the second computer still shows the same port, check your neocron.ini for right syntax. neocron.ini was case sensitive before last patch, so perhaps it works now already ?

If both computers show the right port number, perhaps try removing your computer from DMZ, might be worth a try.