PDA

View Full Version : ||Idea||GR CAMPING

Hayato
28-01-04, 21:16
Well we all hate Gr campers and always clinch up while GRing to a spot. A nice idea would be when your mouse hovers over a GR name it shows who is in the Local area of that GR. Nothing more not there rank, faction, or clan but just names if you see someone on there that u know is out to kill you when you gr in you can wait till they leave local.

garyu69
28-01-04, 21:17
Good idea.
But i'll just snipe your ass instead!

Hayato
28-01-04, 21:18
damn you!

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 21:22
How about sorting Genreps by levels of safety according to your faction and putting incredibly aggressive faction guards by the "safe" ones, while ones further from civilization have nothing to prevent campers, and ones that will teleport you next to enemy faction guards are marked "certain death."

Archeus
28-01-04, 21:32
I think they have that Mr Chainsaw (at least when you die).

but that is a great GR idea. It also means you can change your loadout and toast the SOB whos camping the GR.

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 21:34
Yeah but I mean make each 'safety' list unique to your current faction. That way you don't forget you're in Tsunami Syndicate and Genrep next to 20 Black dragon guards :P

ezza
28-01-04, 21:40
how about you just live with the risk of a GR camper being there

Lethys
28-01-04, 21:42
Originally posted by ezza

Agreed. There isn't enough risk in this game as it is.

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 21:43
Actually I was kind of wondering, with hacknet coming, will a good hacker be able to transport a group with him and pop them all out of a genrep simultaneously with no synaptic impairment?

Archeus
28-01-04, 21:45

Because the camper is exploiting an area that they will be at an advantage. Imagine ooh say someone Vet camping the MB GR (not that he would), next thing you know everyone and thier mother GR's in to kill him.

ezza
28-01-04, 21:46
umm why would they GR in knowing he would be there, and how is it exploiting

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 21:48
I don't think he meant Exploiting as in the game term, just as in taking advantage of a tactical situation. If any changes are made to the current genrep system, I think they should be done through hackers and hacknet. Let spyocron hit us full force :P

ezza
28-01-04, 21:49
if its tactical then it aint exploiting, i still see no reason why the genrep would need to be changed just so you people can have a easier time genreping though

and before i get accused of GR camping i aint ever done it

joran420
28-01-04, 21:54
i do it sometimes :P

ezza
28-01-04, 21:56
hehe evil Joran

i dont really see a problem with it tbh, its a risk, a leap in to the great unknown :D you may get a nice empty GR or a GR camper who can say

soon people will want to know whos going to be in the zone they are about to enter:rolleyes:

Tupac
28-01-04, 21:56
no cos if u seen my name u wont GR in

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 21:57
I've never done it or had it done to me, but I understand it happens alot at the MB? With the removal of safezones I suppose it could get worse, but some genreps are safer than others anyway.

ezza
28-01-04, 21:57
Originally posted by Tupac
no cos if u seen my name u wont GR in why? dont people like you:D

Archeus
28-01-04, 21:58
umm why would they GR in knowing he would be there, and how is it exploiting

Sorry exploiting was probably the wrong word. GR camping (all be it lame) is valid tactic.

Why would they GR in? Your telling me some PK'ers dont have people hunting them full time? It would almost gurantee these PK'ers wouldn't GR camp as everyone would come through buffed and in a SI loadout to fight and it turns the table on the camper as before they take a chance on who comes through but now they could have multiples coming through at the same time.

ezza
28-01-04, 21:59
but i dont see why you would stop them GR camping, its just making the game to nice and safe, you might as well make a small area around the GR safe or some crap like that

sorry i hate this idea

zii
28-01-04, 22:08
This is a crap idea.

Originally posted by Hayato
Well we all hate Gr campers and always clinch up while GRing to a spot. A nice idea would be when your mouse hovers over a GR name it shows who is in the Local area of that GR. Nothing more not there rank, faction, or clan but just names if you see someone on there that u know is out to kill you when you gr in you can wait till they leave local.

Strych9
28-01-04, 22:30
Yeah, anything that decreases someone's ability to gank another runner is a dumb idea.

:rolleyes:

Cause I tell you what, Neocron is all about genrepping to Battledome and being killed by a retard camping the genrep with his Rhino. Ah, the danger!!!!!!

2ply
28-01-04, 22:33
Yeah, let's make this game even more carebear then it already is.

Fun.

ezza
28-01-04, 22:34
Originally posted by Strych9
Yeah, anything that decreases someone's ability to gank another runner is a dumb idea.

:rolleyes:

Cause I tell you what, Neocron is all about genrepping to Battledome and being killed by a retard camping the genrep with his Rhino. Ah, the danger!!!!!! if you dont want t otake the risk stick the LE chip in your head:rolleyes:

^^typical Pker response for you there

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 22:38
Honestly, I think there's too much genrepping as it is. It's too easy to get around sometimes. All a runner needs to do is make it through the perilous wasteland into the MB once and he can come and go with minimal effort and some chump change. I think it'd be cooler to have ion storms that disable genrep teleporting in certain areas at random intervals, so that people have to seek out taxi drivers or make the trip themselves. Maybe even have maximum teleport distances for genreps. Teleporting around the city of Neocron, sure, makes sense. Teleporting across the entire world? Bleh.

Strych9
28-01-04, 22:40
if you dont want t otake the risk stick the LE chip in your head:rolleyes:

^^typical Pker response for you there Dont worry about me. My Spy has his LE in and sexxors the tank. ;)

My PE was making sweet love to the Rhino that pulled up to the MB bunker a few days ago and was shooting everyone inside. Sweet love I tell you.

Now my PPU monk has the LE out, but I am not worried about that runner's safety. My tank has it out as well, but he can fully defend himself. :)

ezza
28-01-04, 22:40
i agree about the to much genrepping

before i was in cartel BD had no ops i couldnt really GR anywhere so i had to run.

didnt bother me one bit, now i got the easy life i can hunt at cycrow now no trouble as its BD owned as are all the ops in that area

Drake6k
28-01-04, 23:55
No way.

Risk and loss is apart of every game to make it more interesting and to keep you on your toes.

I'd use it for finding people to gank myself :D. Cant you see it now. Your chillin by a genrep with your buddies and a group of guys run up and kill you.

GRIM
29-01-04, 04:58

It wouldnt be a bad idea, but there would be exploits that way... im sure KK could think of another solution to this problem, but in my opinion they need to work on the much harder problems, like bugs.... =) ... how about we take care of all these bugs? ... lag? ... oh yea, and remove para.. cuz its so buggy it freezes you to the ground =p (nerf da para!)

Birkoff
29-01-04, 10:40
Trust exo.... :rolleyes:

no... and i don't camp GRs its just a lame idea.

Archeus
29-01-04, 11:42
or you can put it another way..

evil pk'er go to GR and reads the lists looking for victims.

The system works both ways.

Hayato
29-01-04, 11:42
im not a carebear but i think that if you are trying to pk SI people then they should be given the heads up that your there...