PDA

View Full Version : I'm poor, may cause a problem

Prodigious
28-01-04, 15:39
OK so BDoY is apparently coming soon, (and the list by the end of Jan :rolleyes: ) but at the minute i kinda have no job, but i can aford the monthly fee still for a couple more months,

BUT

DoY is a payed for add-on now yes?

and when DoY comes out nearly the whole of neocron is gettin a remodel, even new areas in P1 etc. Now this is all good but from what i see of most other RPG's add-ons arent essential to play the game. but if my version of plaza 1 without the add-on and then someone elses who has dboy are different how can we possibly play together?

are there going to be new different servers?
does my copy of neocron basically become redundant and unplayable because i dont have bdoy.

this is probably a stupid question with a simple answer but someone please answer my question.

i wanna play but i cant afford £20 for an expansion right now

El_MUERkO
28-01-04, 15:42
The changes are more than just cosmetic with extra walkways and the like.

I would be very suprised if you could continue playin on a server that had been updated and I'm guessing all of them will be.

Being a paying monthly customer already there will most likely be a downloadable version you can pay less for than the boxed full version but I'm just guessing here.

Prodigious
28-01-04, 15:49
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
The changes are more than just cosmetic with extra walkways and the like.

This is what i mean, and it is all within the same zone, so its not possible for me to play on a server with someone has a new version, kinda like counter-strike if you get me, you cant play cs1.5 on a cs1.6 server, obviously stating the obvious.

What i want to know is, are we forced to get the expansion?

i mean it will kinda suck anyway if they leave old servers up cos i know 99.9999% of people wil be gettin bdoy,

btw if anyone runs a business in leicester a job is appreciated :)

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 15:56
bdoy isnt just new textures for plaza .. if it were you could probably carry on .. but however you get BDOY .. be it download or the local shop .. afaik its a requirement more than an enhancement ... infact its gotta be im afraid :/

Original monk
28-01-04, 15:59
lo: be a pimp, they earn money, or a drugdealer or sumthing or maybe even a hitman :)

yust go work at youre local supermarket, its hard work but you will have some money and spend less time behind youre computer :)

Strych9
28-01-04, 15:59
I cant imagine how the two versions (pre and post BDOY) can exist at the same time unless they maintain a legacy server.

Prodigious
28-01-04, 16:01
basically your fucked if you dont have the expansion, great. :rolleyes:

cMz
28-01-04, 16:02
There was a statement from Reakktor about Neocron-customers would probably be getting a special deal on the expansion pack.

The statement didnt say anything about the price.

Try searching for a post in the announcement-forum.

angelsenior
28-01-04, 16:53
Well,

Martin stated in his anouncement that people who have several accounts only have to pay once for the upgrade on all accounts, maybe you can check with your friends to get the upgrade this way (ie as if your account was his 2nd account or something)?

Anyway, the price wont be THAT high either I suppose, certainly with the discount for existing players.

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 17:39
Originally posted by Prodigious
basically your fucked if you dont have the expansion, great. :rolleyes:

yeap..

but yea they said already paying ppl would be aible to get NC:BDOY cheaper.. we'll see what it does.. imo having server's for the old version aint something thats gonna be done.. all new ppl will have BDOY and most of the old ppl are moving to the new.. so u'll have 5 server's with 5 ppl on em o_O

El_MUERkO
28-01-04, 18:56
Also if the servers arent upgraded you'd end up with people have to start affresh on a new server feeling more than a bit miffed that all their hard work on characters and clans was for naught unless they want to play with the 5 people who stayed behind.

Its far more likely all the servers will be updated.

Birkoff
28-01-04, 19:09
Well don't expect DOY n e time soon. I mena soon but not soon, soon.

YOu probably still got 2 months to earn £20 :/

You could do that by looking for pennys on the floor :D

evs
28-01-04, 19:20
Im worried by the release.

Why?

As its the same engine, with even more graphics shovelled down it.

Think you are bad with 10 fps in an op war now?

Welcome to 3 fps hell........

El_MUERkO
28-01-04, 19:29
If they are increasing the size of the textures and the height of some of the plaza zones where the most strain is put on ur rig due to the amount of people about I'm thinking they problaby have been twiddling the GFX engine to take some of the load off the CPU and put it on the GPU. Otherwise no one will be able to run the game with any niceness which would suck balls.

/crosses fingers

greendonkeyuk
28-01-04, 19:32
i think theyre gonna be keeping it at less than 20 quid for us prod. i feel your pain on the money front m8. best to wait n see what happens... hell if you cant become a doley, drug dealer, pimp or the above surely there must be a paper shop near you! haha sorry m8 couldnt resist.

Original monk
28-01-04, 19:33
Originally posted by evs

well

i played full beta4 on my laptop on my bed, think i got hi FPS ? nope

then for a long time i played on a 400mhz and later on on a 600mhz intel celeron: har har: killing people in PP at 1 to 3 fps

im not talking about Op's then: had about -64 fps over there: someone stands next to you and the next image you see is that person shooting at you from about 25 meters away .. and again but then 25 meters to the right :P

luckely i made myself a decent cputer now

but anyway: probably they got somesort of solution to keep a good fpsratio but still have very nice new gfx, anyways i dont know alot of programming itself so ...

i gonna play some game :P

Zefrian
28-01-04, 19:35
Originally posted by evs
Im worried by the release.

Why?

As its the same engine, with even more graphics shovelled down it.

Think you are bad with 10 fps in an op war now?

That's a feature! There would be more Talk-RPG than fights. :D :angel:

SCNR

Zefrian