PDA

View Full Version : Bans

MayhemMike
28-01-04, 15:13
On the forums, do you think every time a mod edits your post you should get a PM telling you which rule you broke? Or should they just let it build up without you knowing then say 1 more time and your banned?

What you guys think?

Original monk
28-01-04, 15:15
Ban mayhemmike

Omnituens
28-01-04, 15:15
they usually do mike, if it requires a warning.

Prodigious
28-01-04, 15:16
i voted ya i want to know, but really you should know the rules and most of the time i think people know they are breaking them when they do this.

ive only had 1 thing edited and thats when i was rather annoyed at shadowbane and posted a thread called shadowbane = shit, and the =shit got removed, which is kinda understandable i guess.

i mean you are supposed to read the rules, so why should they need to tell you which rule you broke, maybe on the first time you break that specific rule, but if you break the same rule more than once, you have no excuses

ezza
28-01-04, 15:16
normally what they eidt is fairly obvious so dont think they need to inform you unless its serious breach of forum rules

Mr_Snow
28-01-04, 15:17
Ban everybody then there will be no flaming or rule-breaking.

\\Fényx//
28-01-04, 15:19
ive been banned like 5/6 times :lol: apparently 3rd ban is final and permanent *shrug* they wub me :angel:

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 15:24
Yes .. forums mods are a tad over zealous and just ban you .. they should send you msg when your pushing it .

GT_Rince
28-01-04, 15:27
Ban Mike - he loves Droms... I have pictures o_O

superfresh
28-01-04, 15:37
I think the theory is if you're posting on the forum you've read the rules.

El_MUERkO
28-01-04, 15:39
I think we should all know the rules by now, if a mod edits your post and you dont know why then you can PM him.

metalangel
28-01-04, 15:51
Yeah, for little things they can just edit, but if you do something bad or perhaps inadvertent, you should be PM'd... if anythiing so you know who did it and can talk to them about it so you understand why it was done.

\\Fényx//
28-01-04, 15:53
Ive generally gotten DMs whenever ive broken a rule, if i break a rule i generally go fuck it and go the full hog, if your gonna break a rule may aswell fuckin go for it ;) :lol:

Scikar
28-01-04, 15:54
I think if you don't show the mods any respect, then surely you don't deserve any respect from them?

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 16:00
the mod who banned me was anything but respectful or polite .. more like the thread 'ganged' up on my behind the mod ...

\\Fényx//
28-01-04, 16:02
Originally posted by Scikar
I think if you don't show the mods any respect, then surely you don't deserve any respect from them?

Well most the mods ive had a laff with even tho i can be a complete asshole, I havent had a ban for a good few months ow, probably about 6 months now or somethin like that i think... The last place I worked at was probably my downfall O_o... I was at a PC all day so was constantly on the forums there, i would get pissed off at work, then respond to the slightest flame on the forums without regard, gettin me in alotta trouble :rolleyes: plus helen angilley didnt help my record that much :p ;)

Original monk
28-01-04, 16:04
Originally posted by Scikar

i gotta completely agree with that : when you go to a police-officer on the street and kick em on he's knee and tell em: you fucking retard who do you think you are pretending to do anything ya like everywhere anytime ... then i dont think that the policeman will be kind to you and starts explaining why he doesnt like youre attitude at the moment :P

anyways: ban mayhemmike

Nidhogg
28-01-04, 16:05
It is your responsibility to ensure that your posts do not break the rules, and if your post does break one or more rules then it is edited and a note is left in the post stating which rule or rules was broken. The moderators will usually PM someone if they make a serious error but sometimes a rapsheet gets to the point where a ban is required simply because of the sheer weight of lesser offences - in this case a warning will be sent out stating that a ban will occur unless the offences stop.

57 different people had one or more posts edited in the last week alone and it is not feasible for the moderators (who are volunteers with limited time) to PM people every time. At the end of the day you are responsible for your own mistakes.

Any more questions please PM me as this thread is another breach of the rules and should technically result in MayhemMike's ban (since he has had a final warning).

N