PDA

View Full Version : Is their a console command to reduce/increase fog?

Shadow Dancer
28-01-04, 07:18
You know you can change it in the F10 options. But you know how you can also type in a command to change camera angle, is there something similar for fog level?

\\Fényx//
28-01-04, 07:23
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
You know you can change it in the F10 options. But you know how you can also type in a command to change camera angle, is there something similar for fog level?

O_o

Dunno, but the commands to change camera angle cant be bided from what ive tried so there wouldnt be any use to it ...

Cytaur
28-01-04, 10:12
I really wish there was such thing.... so I could safely fly damn gliders on test server :D I once was flying above MC5 zone, and you know how heavy it is with mountains, suddenly fog disappears and there's a huge ass mountain in front of me.... damn almost crashed. And back then Y's were still in MC5 zone O_O

naimex
28-01-04, 11:01
if you press F11 in-game, you get a vid options menu

on this you can change it in different ways.. you can see longer.. you can get more fps, you can make it look better or worse..

but 1 thing you cant do there.. is aim / target farther away than before..

so if a guy is approaching in the fog, you cant see him, cant target him from current distance.

with ingame tweaks you can then see him in the distance but distance is still too great to target.. but you can see him coming now.

so as soon as he enters RoCS (Range of Character Sight) you can target just as good as before...

changes ??

Changes :
Good : More FPS (if tweaked right) ; Longer sight
Bad : Lower FPS (if tweaked wrong) ; Cant target players in newly visible area.

[Edit :: Misread Starter Post :: Of course there is A command, seeing as that is what the F11 options are based on, but unfortunately I don´t know the command]

KramerTheWeird
28-01-04, 11:03
naimex, he meant if there was a command you could type, such as /set ctrl_renderfogvis 1-100. Hmm maybe that works! Doubt it :)

Dazist
28-01-04, 16:36
I made a similar thread while ago. got no replies :\ it would help a lot if you could change fog distance settings on the fly with just push of a button... read my thread.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85683

MrBiggles
28-01-04, 18:21
Originally posted by Dazist
I made a similar thread while ago. got no replies :\ it would help a lot if you could change fog distance settings on the fly with just push of a button... read my thread.

Everyone's checked all the .ini files and such? I'm not at home to check the files.

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 18:24
things like this arent variable for a reason .. dunno why the mods havent closed it yet

Dazist
28-01-04, 19:11
Graphic settings are found in ini\detail.ini but I want a way to change fog distance to minimum with just a push of a button. My computer is so crappy that I can't beat anyone with hunting graphics (force fog distance disabled, maximum visilibity) in pvp if not using apumonk. Console commands can be binded to sms messages so I only need console command for fogdistance and voila. Pvp skill increase by 232%.

Spoon
28-01-04, 19:14
Here play with these, nib.......

[DYNAMIC]
ObjectLODDistanceFactor=0.67
ForceActorBlendDistance=0.00
ActorBlendDistance=0.67
ForceFogDistance=1.00
FogDistance=0.92
GeoDetailDistance=0.59

ie;

/set fogdistance .92