PDA

View Full Version : Coming back

Tsukasa
28-01-04, 06:13
I was just wondering if Neocron was worth coming back to now, has many of the bugs been fixed or is it still the same pk infested, bug ridden hole that we all loved?? It has been about 7 months since i left mainly because of no Dome of York, but if things are better now well you know just wondering????:angel:

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 06:15
Uh I dont know what server you play on but pking isnt to much of a problem as long as you dont hang out at the mb bunker all day. There will always be pkers due to the faction system but thats the way most of us like it ;) but honestly if you avoid a couple of places like mb bunker you really can level and hunt in relative piece. I just made a pe on pluto ive been pked once in the aggie sewers when i was fake fighting with my enemy friend and there clanmate seen it lol. Thats the only time i got pked and im at 70 dex now.

The game is getting better and from the sneap peaks we have seen of doy im really excited for it.

Tsukasa
28-01-04, 06:18
well, as you can tell from my signature I was on Saturn, and the sneak peaks of DOY were from about a year ago

Benjie
28-01-04, 06:22
The "late Doy" argument has been and gone already. Reakktor have done a good thing in delaying DoY, because it gave them chance to dump CDV who fucked Neocron over in the first place.

PK'ing is not a problem at all for me. Just normall PvP and it's perfect as it is.

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 06:23
They have told us.

Safe zone removal except from bars and faction headquarters.

Hacknet

Revamping of neocron textures.

Rearanging and balancing of all weapons (finnaly)

Some potential new features include.

Maybe a droner helmet that removes u from local. (This is just something callash is trying to get it might not happen)

And some other things they keep saying...

O yea npc vendors that sell your items even when your offline.

Theres pkers on saturn but honestly if you avoid the normal pk places your safe. There will always be pking in neocron and the day theres no more pking honestly is the day i quit (reasonable pking atleast.) I dont support noob ganking and such but killing faction enemies is what makes this game what is is.)

What classes u play theres been some new stuff added since u left.

Tsukasa
28-01-04, 06:26
I have no problem with pking, I my self have done my fair share, so you say that they dumped cdv then who is thier publisher now???

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 06:29
They havent announced yet we should know before the end of the month I beleive along with a full list of doy features hopefully when its released also.

They promised we will actualy get advertisment for neocron lol

Tsukasa
28-01-04, 06:36
I would really like to know when they plan on releasing DOY, but as we all know they will not give a date on the ever again, maybe I will just install the game tonight and let it update while I think about it.

Benjie
28-01-04, 06:38
Originally posted by Tsukasa
who is thier publisher now???
Well, I've heard rumors.....

............but I'm keeping them to myself.:rolleyes: I know what will happen if I blert them all on the forums. Everyone will asume it is 98% cofirmed and make angry little forums posts with 1000 :mad: smileys, and start ranting there socks off untill there postcount > QuantumDeltas.

;)

Going by other things Reakktor have said, Beyond Dome of Yorks release date should be close to March 1st. But I expect it to be later than that.

Take into consideration Reakktor have not actually stated that BDoY will be released March 1st. I'm going on snippets of information here. ;)

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 06:38
Theyre giving the release date by the end of the month (along with the whole list of features) what 4 days? If they go by the pattern of the last 2 bits of info I would look for it on the 29th.

Lol does that mean u heard rumours of a not so good publisher or did u mean that as a good thing.

Benjie
28-01-04, 06:42
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Lol does that mean u heard rumours of a not so good publisher
No. And to be honest I don't hold much to the sources of these rumors, thats one of the reasons why I'm not going to tell anybody.

btw Psycho Killa I took your quote out of my link :( and replaced it with a much more genious one. :rolleyes:

Tsukasa
28-01-04, 06:44
I have also heard rumors about a new publisher like 8 months ago, and all signs point to the big one with headquaters in NewYork, the only one with out a current MMO in its portfolio, and letting one of its top studios run it, but that would mean thier would have to be US servers if that would happen

Benjie
28-01-04, 06:49
Originally posted by Tsukasa
I have also heard rumors about a new publisher like 8 months ago, and all signs point to the big one with headquaters in NewYork, the only one with out a current MMO in its portfolio, and letting one of its top studios run it, but that would mean thier would have to be US servers if that would happen
You have heard different rumors to me. ;)

The company I heard rumored are Asian, but I really doubt any of the rumors are true. I'm going to wait for an official word.

In regards to this threads orrigional topic, I think Neocron is a lot better than it was 7 months ago.

Less Bugs and more class equality.

Cytaur
28-01-04, 06:50
Yeah new publisher is called New-CDV, basically its same old CDV but new name :)

Benjie
28-01-04, 06:52
Originally posted by Cytaur
Yeah new publisher is called New-CDV, basically its same old CDV but new name :)
Stop it Cytaur your killing me! Now I am forced to decide whether to put this dumb quote in my signature, or keep the dumb quote you wrote earlier!

What to do... what to do... :rolleyes:

Cytaur
28-01-04, 07:11
If you mix both, it gives something like

Yeah there new should publisher be is only called one New-CDV for, basically tank its and same thats old it, CDV there but shouldn't new even name be melee PA... like wtf

Gotterdammerung
28-01-04, 07:42
Glad to have you back BUT, I remind everyone this is an "I'm back" thread not a "lets speculate on if there is a new publisher or not" thread

Speculating by anyone, even those posturing themselves as in-the-know can invariably cause confusion and confusion can get threads closed. Lets leave the speculation on the shelf and wait and see whats released by months end as was promised.

KramerTheWeird
28-01-04, 07:47
I speculate gotterdammerung doesn't like us talking about publishers :)

Welcome back Tsukasa

Gotterdammerung
28-01-04, 08:04
Well you know, eventually, any information about a possible new publisher will be released but what'll happen with a thread like this is a few days down the road someone will post "OMFG I read this post and this guy said that he knew someone who was friends with someone whos sisters brothers best friends girlfriends little brother bought neocron and that this guy was a GM and he said like that they were gonna have a publisher from taiwan" and then you get a million people chiming in with who they think it is and of course until any announcement is made it's all just speculation. Why get peoples hopes/ire up when we'll all know eventually.

[P.S. Nid prob would have locked this already so please, lets keep it on the original topic]

Birkoff
28-01-04, 08:52
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Well you know, eventually, any information about a possible new publisher will be released but what'll happen with a thread like this is a few days down the road someone will post "OMFG I read this post and this guy said that he knew someone who was friends with someone whos sisters brothers best friends girlfriends little brother bought neocron and that this guy was a GM and he said like that they were gonna have a publisher from taiwan" and then you get a million people chiming in with who they think it is and of course until any announcement is made it's all just speculation. Why get peoples hopes/ire up when we'll all know eventually.

[P.S. Nid prob would have locked this already so please, lets keep it on the original topic]

nice story.

is it true? :D

WB dude, NC is way worth comming back to. Seems to only be me now that crashs/sysncs every 10 seconds.(not sarcasm, it really is VERY stable)

Benjie
28-01-04, 09:02
Originally posted by Birkoff
WB dude, NC is way worth comming back to. Seems to only be me now that crashs/sysncs every 10 seconds.(not sarcasm, it really is VERY stable)
Really? Your crash/synch every ten seconds? Are you running on Windows 2000? The last time I crashed was actually a Week ago, and the time before that was about Two Months. I only get Synch when I zone. (which is normal) I get small bugs, but there not annoying. (emote bugs, stuff like that)

Originally posted by Cytaur
If you mix both, it gives something like

Yeah there new should publisher be is only called one New-CDV for, basically tank its and same thats old it, CDV there but shouldn't new even name be melee PA... like wtf

Dude, that in! Best quote in a signature, ever!

Birkoff
28-01-04, 09:22
Originally posted by Benjie
Really? Your crash/synch every ten seconds? Are you running on Windows 2000? The last time I crashed was actually a Week ago, and the time before that was about Two Months. I only get Synch when I zone. (which is normal) I get small bugs, but there not annoying. (emote bugs, stuff like that)

yeah it sucks :(

40% of the time I'm a defaul PE as well + if i try and hack it comes up with 1 hack screen a second later changes to a different 1 and then Errors.

I sync often and FRE loads more then every1 i talk to.

Nah I'm running XP, 2.4gig chip with a gig of ram on a meg line so it can't be my fault surley, I've recently reinstalled XP and NC and it still happens... confused to i try and put up with it.

Devils Grace
28-01-04, 15:03
if u guyz are right and the publisher is Asian..............

Neptune will not be a full PvP server..........

all get ready for Neptune (language Mandarin)

:lol: :D :angel: :lol: :lol: