PDA

View Full Version : PE's the most fun for leveling?

SypH
28-01-04, 05:50
I now think so. A mate and I decided to make new PE's to find out why all the uber PK'ers love them so and we found out it's because they are friggin fun to play. As soon as we could we were running around (with matching outfits...sad I know) waving our medicant SMG's at anything that moved and in about 8 hours of progressing from sewers to the aggies, then to the storage halls we're both around xx/32. Another good thing is at least everything levels at a reasonable rate (unlike Psi monk and int:mad: ) and no one skill (apart from psi) levels ultra fast ahead of other skills, like on other characters. I used to think PE's were duller than dishwater, but god how wrong was I!

So anyone got any good PE tips? Not asking for uber resist secrets and the like, just general hints on what kind of things I should spec for/not spec for etc.

Benjie
28-01-04, 05:53
Non Teck.

At the rate things are going, Stealth is gonna be nerfed.
Libby is getting an Aim boost aswell, apparently.

:)

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 05:55
Though its getting a slight nerf in damage later on.

Its your preference to be honest if your looking for fun I would go for tech combat because stealth is fun as hell even if it gets nerfed you can use it for sneaking up on people. Or just for screwing off with it its fun :). Also you get the coolest pistols laser... plasma... fusion.. etc. Meanwhile you can still use non tech pistols.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85739&highlight=christmas+present

Use these setups to get an idea and you honestly have to do testing yourself/ have to figure out your own playing style from there. Theres so many ways you can go as a private eye.

SypH
28-01-04, 09:03
Well I was planning on getting a libby as my primary weapon, but even with the nerfs it is still possible to have Stealth 1, which would be enough to help escape from sticky situations. I've been toying with a very rough setup for a bit, but I'm sure it's going to change a million times before Im happy.

Birkoff
28-01-04, 09:06
It's b/c u can cap them in 1-3 days, if you pwoer level con.

Any other class its kinda hard to get a rare in a day if you don't cave for ages.

SypH
28-01-04, 09:31
Maybe so but I was able to have an APU hunting warbots after a few hours of leveling, but I couldnt take my PE of the same level soloing. (a plus side of hunting warbies with such a low level APU is Im getting between 1 and 4 techs per kill). I've just found PE level much more well rounded so far.

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 09:41
PEs arent fun to level, you just cap in a day or two

wun
28-01-04, 10:09
i changed from my rifle spy that was made on the 3rd day pluto went live to a pistol pe about 3 months ago.

once i had half decent pistol.. i think something like raygun pistol i tagged along for a few cave runs... i think it took about 4 cave runs with a ppu and 4 or 5 apus and i capped psi.... i just sat there in cave and watched the xp and listened to the *dings*..

i still suck at close range pvp (hence my 3 deaths in pp1 today) but it's so much fun... i rarely use stealth... i haven't stealthed out of combat yet... i've stealthed into combat...

the only reason i haven't given up high tech is the blacksun... nice gun.... cos some days i can't get the lib to lock properly when it's chattering along at like 330+/min... (like i said i still need much NF practice)...

but it's really given my NC experience a new lift....

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 10:10
Come join the evil side undef! Be bd!

wun
28-01-04, 10:22
hmmm once i get this CC shite sorted (gonna take another month or so) i am thinkin of a second account... i might make an ebil char

in the meanwhile i'll practice... and being FA atm is getting me plenty of action against ppl with lots of pvp experience...

yes i am gettin seriously schooled most of the time... but it's still fun.... it doesn't bother me... one day soon i'll have the ski-zills... :D

naimex
28-01-04, 11:56
well, I wouldnt say that...

I havenīt had a char as fun and usefull as my tank..

actually the only char im playing anymore..

but I used a PE for some time.. and the only advantage I found was that they were so fast to cap..

So Iīm sticking with my tank..

And for the libby boost, I think itīs good.. itīs not right that a tank can kill a libby PE without taking a single hit. In a closed up battle..

So I really hope the libby gets good :) and becomes capable of hitting whilst moving..

L0KI
28-01-04, 11:59
To cap in a day or 2, you need to firstly, have EVERY gun ready for you....

secondly, have one hell of a helpful levelling team > for cons :p

Solo, its rare a PE can completely cap in less than 5 days.

I capped my Tank a while back in under 7 days - cons 97. Yes, PE's are easily capped. Yes they are hella fun to level - and fight with.

SypH
28-01-04, 12:11
Well I do sort of have most guns waiting for me already so that helps:p Im also leveling with another PE who started at the same time as I did so we're pretty similar in levels and cover eachother in storage hall runs. We've had some hairy moments down there, like charging into a room with 4 hurlers, a butchee, cyclop launcher and a few aggressors, and coming out with barely a few health points left! Thats been the best part. The frantic charging about blasting everything in sight, running for cover to heal and buff up, then trying to draw fire off your team mate so he can heal. I think we've only had one...maybe 2 deaths between us doing that.

GT_Rince
28-01-04, 12:19
Far too easy to Cap a PE. Even just playing fo rlike an hour or two each night, I managed to cap all but Dex in a week and a half. Yes, it is fun, but when you cap so easily, it gets boring quicker. I rolled my PE last night, to a rifle Spy - more of a challenge to play and level, imho :)

Mr_Snow
28-01-04, 12:24
I found PEs extremely boring and uninteresting to level the only good thing was that it was over fast.

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 12:27
Yea PE's are so easyly capped its sick.. esp in teams. reason why i capped in 5 days.. had most if not all weapons and imps already just needed to get to caves asap. team up.. and cap

its going way harder on my monkey.. capped str con and yesterday i capped dex to.. only alot of psi and int to go :(

GT_Rince
28-01-04, 12:34
I have my PSI for ages and still haven't capped DEX - really do need to work on that.

ezza
28-01-04, 12:41
i mainly play my tank, but i had so much fun leveling my PE was a hightech pistol PE wheni was leveling up, and hunting was loads of fun, didnt need to but id often find myself running around the mobs firing my plasma pistol.

currently rifles on my PE but thinking of lomming to pistols again, went rifles to be diffrent, from every other PE in the game, dunno, love playing my tank to much to spend a few hours lomming atm

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 12:48
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I have my PSI for ages and still haven't capped DEX - really do need to work on that.

had a day off yesterday.. took killers moveon.. 9 hours.. 10 repairs... u know the drill..

GT_Rince
28-01-04, 13:06
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
had a day off yesterday.. took killers moveon.. 9 hours.. 10 repairs... u know the drill..

How much poke you need to keep putting in and taking out ?

ezza
28-01-04, 13:10
Tl 81 iirc

GT_Rince
28-01-04, 13:14
Originally posted by ezza
Tl 81 iirc

Looks like I need to do some lomming :D (again...)

ezza
28-01-04, 13:16
lol dont talk to me about lomming, ive got 2 chars i need to do some lomage on

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 13:27
i got 85 poke.. because it fits ;) now psi eats 5 points a level and i got 0 "spare" found that 85 poke just fits for most classes.. as soon as your main skill takes 5 a level if u know what i meen..

having poke on a APU is always good.. need to poke up alot lol.. tho.. yesterday i had to buy a remote tool to :/ because some damn bitch ass droner had no armor and died in my barrel :p

GT_Rince
28-01-04, 13:30
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
i got 85 poke.. because it fits ;) now psi eats 5 points a level and i got 0 "spare" found that 85 poke just fits for most classes.. as soon as your main skill takes 5 a level if u know what i meen..

having poke on a APU is always good.. need to poke up alot lol.. tho.. yesterday i had to buy a remote tool to :/ because some damn bitch ass droner had no armor and died in my barrel :p

You will find you won't want to keep poke in an APU - way too much gimpage. My other alternative is to go make some boosters at a factory. Don't need any loms that way - I just use the factory bonus :)

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 13:32
poking is ub3r :p as long as i level i gonna keep poking i bet.. die way to much :p tho made it out alive from MC5 yesterday.. was a supprice.. damn long since i been there..

retr0n
28-01-04, 14:05
About PEs and leveling, sure they level pretty fast, mainly because
they level all in a team and level all stats at once, but you are all
very experienced players, remember when you just started out?

It took me around 2 months to cap my first PE, after that i rerolled
because he was so fubar and capped the new one in 3 days. But
however i've heard of people capping a tank in 3 or 4 days aswell
some with ppu stuck up their ass some without.

The only problem now is that monks have to go through hell and
back in order to cap dex. Otherwise its fine imo. (maybe a slight
boost in int aswell)

//Radium

metalangel
28-01-04, 16:02
Well, I LoM'ed Metal back to pistols after realizing rifles were a bit of a liability (it's all well and good until a fast PVP pistol guy comes running at you) and... well, it's fun, I suppose. I don't really look forward to when I go and LoM away all 130-odd points of Weapon Lore (I was seriously there all day doing rifle).

Only problem, but this is true of all classes, I think, is that the last few levels are a SLOG. Granted, places like the caves are a great place IF YOU HAVE A PPU AND TEAM, but soloing WBTs for 30k dex exp a pop when you need 500k just for the next level is BORING. Especially when you've got a nice gun waiting for you to come and use it, but you can't possibly raise your dex any higher with imps :(

Strych9
28-01-04, 16:19
Me PE is a melee PE, and for him, I couldnt care less if his Dex ever gets capped... Str was key for him, and it went pretty fast.

Without teaming at bunker it would have been laborious and quite boring.

To me, the PE caps a bit too fast. I dont know if the levelling speeds need to be decreased or what. Has anyone ever added up all exp points needed to cap a PE vs the points needed to cap any other class? I am sure other classes need like 200mil more exp at least overall than the PE does.

I have always had the most fun levelling a tank myself.

Sefran
28-01-04, 16:22
I find lvl'ing with a pure APU the most fun, especially solo chaos caves.

Tried a pe and got so bored of lvl'ing with him, id rather go for a spy then. But after all its all personal liking. I like a character who can specialize and not a jack of all trades but thats imo.

Original monk
28-01-04, 17:25
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Looks like I need to do some lomming :D (again...)

lomless techniques: go to a factory -> put in constrglove and when possible give yourself a construct3 buff, or ask for one

-> start making medi's: ya level dex but it goes slow: good to level a noobiemonk in the beginning cause you will also level str and such :)

-> get to 62 factionsymphaty for youre faction and do research missions: they only involve 3 items mostly: so if you have those 3 bp's ya yust get youre resser to make like 100 of each. Then you take the very hard-research missions available in youre faction HQ (not in the concenter or you have to walk to far everytime).
The mission includes : go citycom (in the HQ) and take extrahard resmission: go to youre factionchairman: then go to an employee to give him 3 of the bp's that ya allready made with youre resseralt and he gives ya 5k and 3 empty datacubes: you get 600 XP from this everytime you do this small run: certainly easy for in the beginning to help youre dex up -> and you dont have to lom int to get 81 poke ... altough its not that good to cap youre last dexlevels ffcourse: 600xp a mission aint THAT much ...

Strych9
28-01-04, 17:37
Originally posted by Original monk
-> get to 62 factionsymphaty for youre faction and do research missions: they only involve 3 items mostly: so if you have those 3 bp's ya yust get youre resser to make like 100 of each. Then you take the very hard-research missions available in youre faction HQ (not in the concenter or you have to walk to far everytime).
The mission includes : go citycom (in the HQ) and take extrahard resmission: go to youre factionchairman: then go to an employee to give him 3 of the bp's that ya allready made with youre resseralt and he gives ya 5k and 3 empty datacubes: you get 600 XP from this everytime you do this small run: certainly easy for in the beginning to help youre dex up -> and you dont have to lom int to get 81 poke ... altough its not that good to cap youre last dexlevels ffcourse: 600xp a mission aint THAT much ... No no no. There are three res missions BUT one of them always pays out more creds than the others do... and the one that pays the highest is always the same item.

So only get that item BPs made up, and only take the highest paying one. Then you dont have to keep 3 sets of BPs on hand and you get the most creds back.

AND you can do the hard res missions to get your FS from 50 up to 62... those pay 400 exp per skill and what I say above still applies.

The method you describe is EXACTLY how I level my spies and monks in the beginning. Spies you can take to 35 Int and Dex and cap Str this way. I just build the medkits WHILE running the res mission.

EXTRA TIP: want the fastest way to do the above? Start your runner in or switch over to the NEXT faction. The NEXT HQ has a citycom for taking the mission... and ONLY 2 other rooms you must go to for the mission, and they are right next to each other. Seriously, NEXT missions take all of 30 seconds to complete. I now start my chars as NEXT just for that aspect. ;)

metalangel
28-01-04, 17:59
Yup, that's why Mitsune and Sophie are NEXT... not only are the missions like that good, but there's the added bonus of being allied or neutral with almost all the other factions... meaning easy switches to TT, CA, FA, CM... that also means less people likely to attack you if your LE is out.