PDA

View Full Version : Faction based PA[Brainport Idea]

ezza
28-01-04, 03:00
had the idea a while ago which i briefly mentioned in someone elses thread but forgot to post a thread about it myself.

know its been mentioned before but anyway.

atm the only faction to get faction based PA is CA which is part of there epic.

but i though it be cool if each faction had there own PA.

rather than spend time giving each faction a individual made PA, use the standard PAs( ie tank pa, PEPA etc etc)but slightly modify the look to them like this one Gungnir did:
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/blackgmpa.jpg

it was intended as GMPA, but if you look at it, with a few minor adjustments with the CA crest on it, it could so easily be CAPA, it would however have to be CA colour'd(was gonna say make em same color as on map but that wouldnt work),but it could be designed with the copbot(orstormbot)colouring onit.

then say black dragon, would have the BD dragon logo on the back, and a small one on the front around the heart area where the double wing shows atm.

to make them desirable and make people want to display there faction colours/armour, have them so they are a better PA3, as in PA3 but without the negatives, just a though, though i guesss a few people may be against that.

make it so that you have to show your loyalty, so you would need say 75-80+ faction symp to even wear it, go below that and your faction dont think you deserve it and so cant wear it.

be a nice reward for people who are of good standing with there faction.

or perhaps make it so that it doesnt have the plus or negatives of the PA3 but has the resists, then it would still be viable without unbalancing things.

L0KI
28-01-04, 03:19
I set one of these threads goin in the brainport months ago...

Final outcome was:

Yes - Every PA would be the colour they display as on the world map + Faction logo on the back

Shadow Dancer
28-01-04, 03:23
YES!

But only if everyone gets a cool color. Currently Tsunami is pink on the world map.

Nuff said. :p

Valkyrie
28-01-04, 03:35
It would be cool, but if it becomes too diverse it doesnt help fps and all that.

BTW is it true that hc pa4 is black?

Cytaur
28-01-04, 03:42
enough PA's already...... how many more do you want ? BOO

g0rt
28-01-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Cytaur
enough PA's already...... how many more do you want ? BOO

Oh yeah a whole ONE pa per class, so everyone looks the same.

You're right! TOO MANY PA TYPES! :rolleyes:

Sooo lame

Heavyporker
28-01-04, 03:47
that, and, um, you need every class in that faction able to use it.

After all, CA monks are fucked.

Cytaur
28-01-04, 03:55
There're far too many PA's.... there should be only one for tank and thats it, there shouldn't even be melee PA... like wtf

Benjie
28-01-04, 03:57
There're far too many PA's.... there should be only one for tank and thats it, there shouldn't even be melee PA... like wtf
WINNAR!
PRIZE: Your quote is now in my signature!!!11one

Explain your point in more detail please.

WebShock
28-01-04, 04:59
great so instead of monkey cron
it will be crahn monkey cron since no psi will want to give up their jawa suit

:wtf: O_o

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 05:25
Webshock you liked missed the whole point/ I actualy dont wear pa you dont need it if u capped and have a ds.

Anyways wow theres to many pas? O noz melee gets a pa?

Jesus christ it would be cool to have differences in faction pas.

WebShock
28-01-04, 05:40
yea i got a ds and all the trimmings too psycho, its just that some of us have tailored our skills around the new jawa suit.

see my point yet?

it would be equivilant to another nerf. im not the only monk thats done this too.

see it enables my ppu to actually gimp himself to hacking or poking (whatever route i decide to take in the end) and still cap most of the important spells. remember that a ds is just another psi core. noting spectacular.

Psycho Killa
28-01-04, 05:41
He doesnt want to make pas faction specific....

He wants all pas to have the factions color on logo on it... for example id have a dragon and have black pa or something..

Originally posted by ezza
but i though it be cool if each faction had there own PA.

WebShock
28-01-04, 05:46
ooh right <slap web>

thats actually a cool idea. ill try to read the thread better next time

:o doh!

g0rt
28-01-04, 07:04
regardless of what you nibs say, any good mmorpg should have TONS of different ways you can make your character look, PA or not....theres only ONE per class in neocron, so theres LOTS of room for improvement.

Ehyuko
28-01-04, 10:19
Imo a relatively simple but effective thing that could be done is change the colour of the standard PA to be dependant upon the faction your in and to have an associated icon to go with it... say in the case of Tsunami all their PA's have a feddora with a feather sticking out of it on the head of the PA model [the symbol of being tsunami] and be coloured hot purple, the tsunami colour. ^^

So when the engine checks what graphic to display for you and finds PA, check for faction also and then display the PA with the appropriate colour/colour scheme and the special logo/graphic that distinguishes the PA for those people who are colour blind.

I can't see it being very difficult or much different as far as coding and this would bring a lot of diversity into the appearance of many runners, especially if the special icon OR the colour could be turned off but not both simultaeously.

And NO factionless people CANNOT have clear power armour. :p

Mr_Snow
28-01-04, 11:44
Man who could complain about this?

Its stops everyone from looking the same, I remeber when you could recognise some characters without looking on local or at the name.

It makes friend and foe easier to identify at opwars and in pvp in general, god forbid I dont shoot my makes more then my enemies.

Samhain
28-01-04, 11:48
"But only if everyone gets a cool color. Currently Tsunami is pink on the world map."

Joe: And you are Mr. Pink.
Mr. Pink: Why am I Mr. Pink?
Joe: Cause you're a faggot, ok?

Mr. Pink: How about I be Mr. Purple?
Joe: No, You can't be Mr. Purple.
Mr. Pink: Why not?
Joe: Someone on another job is Mr. Purple!
Mr. White: Who cares what your name is?
Mr. Pink: Oh yeah that's easy for you to say you've got a cool sounding name. How about we trade, OK? You're Mr. Pink.

good ol' reservoir dogs

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 11:50
YES! i want a faction PA esp with the reqs of being 80+ with your faction.. i know not everybody gets that.. even my monkey is on just 19 FA symp atm lol.. because at an event were BD attacked TH i barreled the fuck out of them. but also hit a few FA who died etc u know the drill..

tho on killer i still got 80+ mayby more.. always had 95 symp for FA due missions :D

5 Stars :D

Ascension
28-01-04, 11:53
yeah.. this is a cool idea.. I wanna be-able to show my faction of.. maybe if they released the feckin PA models we could skin em and submit.. Sigh or even just un-compiled the textures..

KK- un-compile the damn textures so we can play :(

ezza
28-01-04, 12:09
There're far too many PA's.... there should be only one for tank and thats it, there shouldn't even be melee PA... like wtf how are there to many PAs this game needs more choices, you may like everyone wearing the same stuff but it gets boring when i see the 100th blue PA monk or whatever.

this wouldnt replace the current PA it would be a futher choice in the PAs, you would still have the standard pas for each class, but then there would also be faction based PA for those who want to display there faction.

as i said im not sure that the map color idea would work as there are some dodgy colors on the map, if i saw a pink army coming at me id probebrly start laughing, so it would have to be coloured based on the factions logo or what not.

and for whoever asked, yes PA4 is a kinda black

Cruzbroker
28-01-04, 13:45
Oh yes..

I was thinking just the regular PA would have your faction logo somewhere (well, back, heart area and head) if you had over 70 symp.. But nothing more..

ezza
28-01-04, 13:50
reason i suggest as separate PA is cos somepeople wouldnt want to have the faction on there armour.

also were getting the camo armour hopfully in the next patch(at PA3 level please kk)so more choice in armour the better even if it is just small change in colour or symbols etc on the PA

Sefran
28-01-04, 14:01
Yeah kinda boring to see every player/class in the exact same outfit since the common appearence for every class is the PA anyway.

Would actually be cool to look different like faction pa compared to other factions , im all for it 5 stars.

Nash_Brigham
28-01-04, 21:25
That would be cool, but personally, I want the Psi Monk PA redesigned. :p

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 21:53
I love this idea but I have a technical question for other posters since I am not a technical kind of guy:

If everyone ran around in their current PA just with different colors and stuff, will it really screw with FPS? I was under the impression that only changing the actualy skins would adversely affect FPS. I mean, tons of people run around without power armor in different skins with different color combinations and I never noticed a problem.

GRIM
29-01-04, 05:09
I think it would be cool to have faction'd PA's ... that would give more of a selection of PA's aswell so not everyone is wearing the same PA's =)