PDA

View Full Version : Freak accident, ate my rares

gostly
28-01-04, 02:24
alright, ffs...:rolleyes:

i died cuz i was bored and was playing with crahn sect guards in pp3...anyways...after i died i respawned went to get my backpack...hit take all, but i put my 3 rare pistols(judge/lib/rolh all 2 slots) back into the backpack (kinda dumb on my part but ffs, i did it so if i was to be killed while having impairement i wouldnt drop them ;\ )....

anyways...the backpack disappears...and im like 'wtf?'...so i goto a gr and recover my backpack...it makes me pay for it...but i dont get my pistols back...i didnt fill out a ingame support thing or whatever cuz ive heard they dont replace items and they usually take for ever to respond....

also later on that night, i was in pp3 chillin...had my wyatt earp since it was the only pistol i had in my gogo...damn tank trys to fight me i didnt hit him once...lol...ffs so i respawned...thought that mightve helped get my pistols back anyways to recover my backpack again...but it didnt... ;\

isnt their any way of getting my shit back?...or am i just
completely fucked on this one...:rolleyes:

Drake6k
28-01-04, 02:25
kk will give you 100k ;)

Wilco
28-01-04, 02:28
Uh oh...

could be, that you have very bad luck... ich the backpacks are treated like corpses, after you have opened it once, then i'm afraid your valuables are lost :(

Regards, Wilco

gostly
28-01-04, 02:30
but the thing is...i coulda swore i could do that before...but like this time it just ate my rares...i dunno tho i dont do it often enough to fuckin know for sure...this is prolly the first/last time i have done it...or it mightve been my second at most...dont know really...anyone else ever had this shit happen or is it only me?:rolleyes:

Lagos
28-01-04, 02:31
[deleted stuff that wasnt really on topic ^^ ]

I dont know how your stuff disappeared, but if a relog didnt bring them back your only chance is an old backup of your char.. or the above mentioned 100k ^^

edit: I've had backpacks disappearing too (full ones) once, but I got the stuff back via GR ...

greets, Lagos.

gostly
28-01-04, 02:34
if you die and use the GR to respawn its possible that your items are not what they seem .. your armor might look like a medikit or whatever.

relogging fixes that. at least it never failed for me.

lol i relogged for over a day and came back with them still missing...atm my account is expired...since yesterday...dunno if i wanna re-activate it since what do i have to go back to on it?...ill prolly just reroll the bitchin char...ffs, if i could get a rollback on it i'd re-activate it...altho it happened a few days ago

Lagos
28-01-04, 02:37
Originally posted by gostly
lol i relogged for over a day and came back with them still missing...

yeah at first I thought you really ate your rares like with the med kits, should've read the post before answering ^^

try an email to helpdesk or whatever, maybe they believe you and give you an older backup of your char / his inventory.

greets, Lagos.

gostly
28-01-04, 02:41
try an email to helpdesk or whatever, maybe they believe you and give you an older backup of your char / his inventory.

how could they think i wasnt being honest?...i dont think this happens that often...and even if-so, ive never heard of it happen or else i wouldnt have done that shit...atleast now everyone is warned not to do it... ;\

cuz i do see it was done on my part mostly...but also on a bug ;\

angelsenior
28-01-04, 13:39
Im afraid they will be lost, the game registered you taking all your stuff so it didnt see a reason to keep the backpack (didnt register you putting back your rares, I think).
It seems to be an ommision in the program coding.

I've had cases where I "take all" the stuff in my backpack but when I checked my inventory some stuff wasnt there.
In this case I just have to recover my backpack through a GR and then it puts the missing items back in my inventory, never had any items REALLY missing.
Now as to why it doesnt put ALL the stuff back when I hit "take all", dunno, maybe it checks for space in inventory or something.

El_MUERkO
28-01-04, 13:46
I's one of those things i've never tried, even if picking up my stuff would put me over weight till Si was down to zero.

Post a bug in the forum and hopefully it'll be fixed so it wont happen to anyone else but your weapon is gone.

ezza
28-01-04, 13:54
f your lucky you may even get 100k per weapon off the helpdesk

t0tt3
28-01-04, 15:04
lol back in feb 2003 I payed grbackpack cost and sometimes I had somone else BP, sometimes they disappeard after I reloged funny thing was when I had a whole set of PSI stuff that didnt

First PSI core in my hand and didnt know it was rare :D "thnx kk :p"

Original monk
28-01-04, 15:18
i had exactly the same bug with my tank when rareparts where yust implemented: lost myself a malediction, all armour and everything i had on me: and i didnt get 100k no ... i got jack shit at all :)

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 15:26
your story is less than convincing ...

Maarten
28-01-04, 15:37
I once had the opposite. I died, GRed and all my stuff was still in my inv. I restored my backpack and I had everything twice... :)
Too bad it was on a starting char and he had nothing valuabe but it was still fun...

But it sounds like the way you lost your guns can be reproduced. i'd suggest you report it so they can fix it.

Remember guys, the TAKE ALL option ony takes all items until your FREE LOAD reaches 0. All other stuff will stay in the backpack.

Prodigious
28-01-04, 15:44
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie

lol, you evil cunt :lol:

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 15:47
if he put his guns in the backpack .. the backpack wont disapear .. end of story.

Original monk
28-01-04, 15:48
if he put his guns in the backpack .. the backpack wont disapear .. end of story.

this guy had the bad luck to be bugged as hell and he's backpack yust didnt re-appear nor would it respawn at the GR ... its a plain and very old bug ...

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 15:57
the pack was where his body was ... hes saying he put something in it and it vanished ... which is unheard of afaik

this is NOT the backpack never spawned bug

extract
28-01-04, 16:21

I agree, however its not really up to us, but there are certain questions one must ask himself, for example, if you were fucking about with 120/120 gaurds why did you have all those rares on you in the first place(I know you had them or you wouldnt have clamed to have put them back into the backpack after paying to get it back)........secondly I know you didnt die "near" a genrep or you wouldve just went back to get youre backpack instead of paying to get it back, which leaves me to wonder why on the way back to get youre belt you didnt go to a gogo.........

btw as far as I know when you buy youre backpack, its still left where it was for a short period of time, HOWEVER, everytime Ive ever tried to open it after I bought it back its disapeared automatically and never reopened, another glitch in youre story Im afraid........

DIABLO666
28-01-04, 16:40
Dude that suks jus complain till they give ya stuf bak =)

Ghard
28-01-04, 16:53
had a bug like that before where after you open the back pack up and hit take all thenn open the pack again and put any item back in it is gone (i put junk in so i wasnt overloaded) however for my one the stuff came back through the gr system at a later date once i died and recovered me inv

dr.fish
28-01-04, 20:15
i had lost all my monk's inventory during a laggy time ( my backpack dissapeared before i could recover it )

and i got jack shit ( well they offered 100k )

gostly
28-01-04, 20:59
I agree, however its not really up to us, but there are certain questions one must ask himself, for example, if you were fucking about with 120/120 gaurds why did you have all those rares on you in the first place(I know you had them or you wouldnt have clamed to have put them back into the backpack after paying to get it back)........secondly I know you didnt die "near" a genrep or you wouldve just went back to get youre backpack instead of paying to get it back, which leaves me to wonder why on the way back to get youre belt you didnt go to a gogo.........

btw as far as I know when you buy youre backpack, its still left where it was for a short period of time, HOWEVER, everytime Ive ever tried to open it after I bought it back its disapeared automatically and never reopened, another glitch in youre story Im afraid........

dont think you read it correctly...lol...i died in pepperpark3 near crahn sect hq...i gr'ed back from pepperpark exit (in pp3)...went back to my backpack...hit take all...then re-opened the backpack and put my 3 pistols back in it...and the backpack disappeared...so i went back to the gr and tryed to recover my backpack from that...it made me pay for it...but i didnt get my pistols back...as for why i had all those rares...i always carry my lib/judge/rolh...especially when im in pepperpark...

as for psycho groupie...you go ahead and do exactly what i did...die come back hit take all and put somethin back into it...and tell me if im still lieing...

doesnt matter anyways...i know emailing helpdesk wouldnt have been helpful...so i already managed to get parts back to replace the weapons...made'em this morning...not as good as what i had but hey...whatever...

lol...gave me something to do i guess...only took less then 24 hours...

so again whatever...you do or dont believe me...doesnt really matter cuz i know it happened and i posted it so no one else would end up having the same problem :rolleyes: