PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Game Type (Project Y)

yanbybkipbbpbbp
24-01-04, 20:32
Project Y Update.

Well, we lost a few ppl due to the fact that another semester has began and its “Busy Time”, anyways, some will be back during the brake, until then we only have a few ppl working right now, mostly testing the engine.

Thus far:

Engine Stats: after a number of tests it seems that the engine can pull it off, and incredibly well actually. The physics is top notch, second to havoc, graphics, same.

Server max load: only 128 ppl, but that’s only because it’s just being tested.

Biggest sector tested (single load): 20mins by 20mins, full running throttle. Little terrain (hills ….) but single load, with a semi full functioning city (gates elevators, no functioning shops though, code is still being worked on, slowly, very slowly actually)!!!

Vehicles: work properly, high altitude vehicles work too.

No load zoning: works (shop, opt. zoning).

Code being tweaked but is already available: power armors, perm armors, leveling code (kind of, semi, needs shit loads of tweakage).

Storyline and world design/rules laws….: done.

Overall playability: well, only 8-15fps while in 1600/1200 resolution (during the time when you are in the middle of the city and there are 40 to 30 points from where the shots are being fired), but if dropped to a bit lower it goes up to 30-40fps in a city during full interaction, shooting……. (and that’s on a P4, radeon 9000pro only, so on the newest computers it runs smoothly, oh yeah and DSL)

Music/sounds: Picked, made, done.

Needed: inventory code, some animations, augmentation code, shopping code, and lots of meshes and skins, though most of the chars are already done, server code, anti-hack protection… and a lot more. Will be playable in 2 months, but completed months and months after that mark.

Completion level: only bits and fragments are completed, the full throttle level design, coding, animating... begins in 1 month. Like I said before, its just testing now, to see if it possible to use for a 24/7 server.

(Mods, mind not locking the thread, after all I and the people who are working on the game are playing and playing costumers, and this is a general/community talk, in which we can discuss other games)

n3m
24-01-04, 20:50
I'm sorry, I must be missing something here.
What game, what engine.. :confused:

XanX
24-01-04, 20:54
yeah dish the infos

yanbybkipbbpbbp
24-01-04, 21:02
The game that I started working on a month ago, with another person from neocron.
We then gained more people, and later on lost them, I mean really wtf, if you want to work on something at least be persistent don’t just join and then flake off, blah, anyways.

The game is, well currently its just know as Project Y, it’s a massive multiplayer being designed not by some evil company that’s just out there to steal your money Cough Cough, wink wink, but is being worked on by university and college students, and gamers, who have an ideal game they wish to create.

It’s a post apocalyptic game. Basically there’s nothing more to say, just thought I'd post an update.

shodanjr_gr
24-01-04, 21:11
Screenshots? A homepage? Sounds sweet!

Elric
24-01-04, 21:32
Good Stuff Yan. Sounds like its going well and Good luck with the rest of it.

Couple of screenies or something would be cool too ;)

yanbybkipbbpbbp
24-01-04, 21:39
I suppose I can release a few pics, but they are completely outdated from the time I was just still learning how to level design with this engine, umm the screens are of the giant wall of the city of CHESS, and a few hover bikes outside. As you’ll see from the picks with this engine and the fact that the single sector can be 20 by 20 by 20 minutes, we can have an intricate sewer system, underground tunnels and the dessert 10 mins across outside the city walls, allowing to have city sieges, umm I don’t have a host so if anyone can provide me with their emails ill send the very few, very useless, with almost nothing interesting in them screen shots to you and you can host them. It’ll take time though to go and take the screen shots from the Test map (as iv stated so many times before, the pre pre pre pre pre pre learning map and design) just to show off the graphics, lighting, a simple sky box, and the outside of the city.

shodanjr_gr
24-01-04, 21:43
check ur pm for my email address. Ill put em up on my angelfire site. Just compress em to Jpegs before you send them :)

J. Folsom
24-01-04, 21:48
Storyline and world design/rules laws….: done.... In a month? That seems unusually quick. Ah well, good luck on the project.

yanbybkipbbpbbp
24-01-04, 23:29
Hmm ok, it's up,
www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess01.jpg
www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess02.jpg
www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess03.jpg
www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess04.jpg
www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess05.jpg
www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess06.jpg

The current city is more detailed, and is under a lot of work, and is an insignificant part of the map, in size that is. Enjoy

Don't forget to just leave your mous over the picture, and wait for the butten below to apear, so you can enlarge it, it looks better and sharper in its proper size.

darkservent
24-01-04, 23:37
Looks great keep us updated. Is this a full commercial game though. Or is this just out of interest u doin?

Mingerroo
24-01-04, 23:42
He's creating it as a hobby type thing, much like my 2D MMORPG. I believe he intends it to be free for a long time if possible.

Mingoo

robinitnow
24-01-04, 23:42
I relay realy like the walk way. I have to admit that pics 2-5 are way above what I expected to see.

Good work! I will be looking falward to seeing where this goes

yanbybkipbbpbbp
24-01-04, 23:51
Out of interest, there are only like 2 or 3 people working on it.
Based on my writing and ideas(originaly sparked by the first chapter of my novel, which i started a year ago, and never continued), and due to the fact that were all in college or universities, it will take a long time, unless we get more ppl. But so far all we were able to attract are flakers, that flaked on us (i am speaking of the original 5, before i went to neocron to seek more ppl). Now were left with me, level designer/writer and a skinner. But, ill still work on it, since I have way to many things written and worked for the game. Hell even sector hoping is already done.
But oh well, the Project will go on, and the cities will grow.
Just incase you guys are interested, this is The City of CHESS, one of the biggest dessert city, located in the north most part of the world, created by an ancient dessert clan that kept on growing until, well until this. There is also other cities, The Vault City, the city of the Scorps (dessert dwellers, which will provide you with dessert armors, for a price), and Mercs( who protect The Vault City with their lives, for it is that city that provides them with life, water). An underground city of the EVOLVED, which deal in black market technology, in other words, the most advanced technology on earth. ……..
There is like 20 pages now on the game with rules and weapons and stuff, and about 300 gigs of map, which will be soon scratched and started all over in a month, when ill get an influx of more prefabs and statics to work with.

Oh and the music is sweeeeeet. Works really well with the wasteland world.

There are also other small clans scattered all over the huge world, there are only 9 sectors, making the full world 1 hour by 1 hour across, plus the 1 hour by 1 hour of underground tunnels across). That is if you run at full throttle, no walking, and zoning time doesn’t count.

Would be a shame for the game and the ideas that sparked it to die.

Also I would like to include, the cities are part of the dessert, and you DO NOT load just the city when you enter it, allowing you to have cities siege, the real kind.
There are sky scrapers and with the proper augmentations you can literally hop from one to the other (strength booster, which allow you to run faster and jump higher), assassinating is much more fun when you do it from above.
There is no psi for psi is magic, and this game is the reflection of reality (well future of it at least) with advanced technology, dangerous desserts and much more.
Actually that’s why I made all the cities somewhere in the middle of the dessert sector, so you can literally attack it, and conquer if you have the strength…… bah, ill stop my speech here.

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 01:50
By the way, if you have skills in lightwave or 3ds max and wish to make some models for me just email me or send me a msg.

Aso, music, and sounds are welcome.

(optimized models that is, of walls, doors, tunnels, terrain patches, chairs, terminals, computers, hills, weapons,……, cyber punk stuff)

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-01-04, 02:02
dude those screens are of the ut2003 editor :P

your not claiming you made your own engine are you?

MkVenner
25-01-04, 02:10
sounds wicked....shame i dont know jack all about coding, skinning etc...dont know anything about any of the thingsd u need help with...tho pen and paper design work im ok with...oh well, keep it up, id certainly pay to play it...

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 02:21
No, I'm not claiming that I made my own engine.
You are somewhat off on the engine though, somewhat.
Why would we want to make our own engine anyways, when there are shit loads of engines which we could use?
(As long as we are not selling the product that is, but then, if we ever get to the point of where the product is ready, we will definitely buy what we need, damn, I really hoped people would think its closer to torque engine)

Gungnir
25-01-04, 02:32
--

Interesting, reminds me of this mod for Battlefield 1942 named
Dead Cities (http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~deadcities/web.php) ( forum (http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~deadcities/phpBB2/)) really considering applying for playtesting,
has that good ol' post-apoc feel to it as well. If any want to
playtest too I believe you need to join the boards, if enough
people we could get a little Neocron killa gang going. Eh. off topic.
:angel:

Those hover bikes look cool, would be interesting to see
them ported into Neocron ^^.

--
Gungnir

MkVenner
25-01-04, 02:55
go a few questions...just stuff im querius (sp) about

will there be an experience system, if so will it be point based like neocron or different like morrowind?

will there be classes?

will there be purchasable real-estate?

will items have stat restrictions on them?

when can i play it :p ?

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 03:28
MkVennner, the game is only 1 month in design, by only 2-3 ppl. But here are the answers.

We already have the code for leveling (it needs some tweakages, but its xp based, and at least it already exists)
There will be different kinds of skins you can choose from, but your “class” will be determined by you.
There will be purchasable items, obviously, because this is an rpg/fps.
There will not be stat restrictions (on most of the stuff), but the better you are in any one area of expertise, the better you can use the item/weapon.
Basically your class will be determined by the route you take during the first few days within the game, how you approach it, what skills you advance in…

We start heavy level designing and coding in 1 or 1.5 months, right now I'm going to continue expanding the cities. (As I have mentioned so many times before)

When you can play it? well I guess if everything goes very very smoothly, (we find the coder and we get the model designer, and I have time to work on it) we will allow testing .5 months after we start the heavy coding. So basically in roughly 2 to 3 months.
But then again, its already playable.

Oh and one more thing, most of the shit is already copyrighted by me. Gungnir, you are completely right, it would be very very interesting if those bikes were to be ported to neocron.

MkVenner
25-01-04, 03:50
this game sounds...perfect...nice one

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 04:08
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
dude those screens are of the ut2003 editor :P

your not claiming you made your own engine are you?

Ok, now if the top said U2k3 editor I'd see that...

Hell at a glance it look's like brice or just a 3D image maker.. Maybe without the groundplate (or even with, I never mucked with that stuff much) it could be AutoCAD 3d...

there are only so many way's to make an editor, and only a few of them are easy enough for most people to use.. it could be anything..

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-01-04, 05:13
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Ok, now if the top said U2k3 editor I'd see that...

Hell at a glance it look's like brice or just a 3D image maker.. Maybe without the groundplate (or even with, I never mucked with that stuff much) it could be AutoCAD 3d...

there are only so many way's to make an editor, and only a few of them are easy enough for most people to use.. it could be anything..

not to nit pick but the meshes in the pictures are from ut2003. I should know I have gone over every static mesh package.

there is nothing wrong or unprofessional about modding, so dont take this as nit picking.

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 05:16
You might not be nit picking... but I am..

just because it look's to be the same mesh, does not mean it's the same editor..

and anyway it's called UnrealEd...

Mod's can be great fun, but with the scope this might be nearer a TC than a simple mod..

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 05:38
Would you stop fighting already, guys in deux ex 2, dues ex 1, quake 3 and ut2003 and 2004 and many other games you can import and export static meshes, then import and export them into 3d editing studios, meaning, those static meshes could be from anywhere and unless I'm selling the game, or charging a monthly fee for it, I can use any and all meshes I find on the net, so basically even if those are from ut2003, its perfectly legal, now for example if neocron would copy something from a game (ABC warriors, cough, ABC warriors Cough), that would be illegal and they would be up to their ass in trouble.

Anyways, the static meshes in use were done by my self and another guy, then a few were imported from games.
When the game is complete though, there will be only original meshes and art, since we keep everything in separate packages to later be able to simply exchange things (as long as they are of the same size and dimension)

Oh and to play that game, you don’t need to have another, meaning, it’s a stand alone, even now. For mods on the other hand and for TC you need the original game.

Also don’t forget, this was the test map, which was made to test the capabilities of the engine during the first month, the city looks very different now. Hell, 80% of the music within the test map were from fallout 2, and you know what? I am proud of that, because to coppy something from games like that is a great choice, unless you try to copy and fuck up or dumb things down for the general public ( cough neocron, cough neocron), dont you agree?

Netphreak
25-01-04, 05:49
Looks great so far!
Also not sure if you mentioned it but if you have a website post the link. :D

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 05:59
No, come to think of it..

If you use somthing that is CR'ed and then give it away, then your breaking the law still..

Now if you produce somthing yourself similar, your still on shacky ground, but all depend's, if it's a U shaped pipe, then your very solid as long as you do it all yourself..

If it's a U shaped pipe with weird letter's that look similar and has some kink's in the same places your back on shifty ground again..

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 06:06
I agree completely dude.
When the game becomes available to the general public it should have its entire content original.

Sorry net, we don’t have one, like I said, we only have 2-3 people working on the project. Maybe later.

Cytaur
25-01-04, 06:51
looks nice, but yet illogical.... like why the hell do you need such massive gates ? Is there's really such huge stuff going in and out of the city all the time ? O_O

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 06:56
Mechs and Tanks which are sold and constructed within the city.
Well actually city grade mechs and tanks, since the city of chess does not have the highest level to technology.

If you wish to park your tanks and mechs, or take them up for repair you will want them to enter the city somehow wouldn’t you? I mean if you are seeking shelter, or you’re city is under siege and it is unwise to leave your vehicles and mechs outside?

Or should I make them magically disappear into a round thingy and reappear fully repaired?

Hmm, now which of the two above is illogical?

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 06:57
what about a big round magic hole in the ground...

Craven
25-01-04, 07:02
So... how do we pre-pre-pre apply to Beta Test? =P

Cytaur
25-01-04, 07:11
ok mechs, 2 feet, huge ass machines, alright. But tanks, they're maximum 4 of those hoverbikes high..... Have you ever seen a real life tank ?

yanbybkipbbpbbp
25-01-04, 07:17
Have you ever seen a post apocalyptic war machine?
Tank is not that high I agree, but a War Mech is going to be huge, plus dude, why does the big gate bother you so much, it’s a slow moving giant gate to the city, into which shit loads of ppl can enter or leave. It will be open most of the time to give access to the city at any given moment, and if there is to be a siege, the city dwellers will push the terminal button and the gate will slowly close, and if there is an infiltrator within the city, he will open it unless he gets shot.
Dude, it’s a giant city, and hence, it has a giant gate.
There will be other ways into the city, like sewer tunnels, and other (the sewer tunnels are only 1 load, and they take you anywhere under the earth, that’s right a single load 1 hour by 1 hour system, already tested)

(To those who worry about giant mechs running around, dont worry, the bigger it is the more power it drains continuesly, and power is not easy to come by, plus it costs more and takes longer to build, and unlike in some games, there is no garage into which it shall disapear when you are tired of it, you will be able to lock it, but all locks can be hacked into, its all a matter of time and skill) the power though will not be so expensive as to make the giant mechs anoying instead of fun, there will be fussion batteries, and the whole system is already worked out, so you have nothing to worry about....
just remember, the bigger it is, the bigger is its explosion when it is destroyed. fusssion/fission reactors are not very stable when you unpack your load of lead into them.

Cytaur
25-01-04, 08:46
it reminds me of that huge gate in lord of the rings 2.... like come on who needs such a huge ass gate :)

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 08:53
Originally posted by Cytaur
it reminds me of that huge gate in lord of the rings 2.... like come on who needs such a huge ass gate :)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Imperial%20Guard/storm1l.jpg

*note, just to show an example of big nasty tank..*

That sorta tank need's a big door...

Anyone who's played Epic 40K will know why big door's are a must.. anyone who has not, *point's to pic* that's why..

Mr Friendly
25-01-04, 08:55
yeah, me & my friends were talkin bout this the other day.

the feeling that ur playin in a HUGE city is just awesome. ask any SW:G player & they know what im talkin bout. u think ur gunna enter the city u saw in the movie, yet it turns out to be small inside....:eek: :(

Cytaur
25-01-04, 09:12
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Imperial%20Guard/storm1l.jpg

*note, just to show an example of big nasty tank..*

That sorta tank need's a big door...

Anyone who's played Epic 40K will know why big door's are a must.. anyone who has not, *point's to pic* that's why..

nice World War 1 model.... GJ, now this thing is going to crack any existing road, will get stuck in dirt, will sink in sand, and snow hah, no go. So this thing is good for perfect sunny summer weather.

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 09:27
Originally posted by Cytaur
nice World War 1 model.... GJ, now this thing is going to crack any existing road, will get stuck in dirt, will sink in sand, and snow hah, no go. So this thing is good for perfect sunny summer weather.

*point's out it is a dark future type world tank, space ship's countless number's of human's all worshiping a dead god emporor...*

Baneblade, super heavy tank, the track's are pretty wide, but it's mostly there as a titain and other super heavy tank killer..

shodanjr_gr
25-01-04, 11:50
*point's out it is a dark future type world tank, space ship's countless number's of human's all worshiping a dead god emporor...*

Baneblade, super heavy tank, the track's are pretty wide, but it's mostly there as a titain and other super heavy tank killer..

Maybe someone should so him the Warhammer 40K scale titan models :)

MkVenner
25-01-04, 13:43
You say it would crack roads etc...based on if it was made from todays materials...the future dude...chances are more stuff will be discovered...maybe...just maybe a lighter metal than steele that just as strong...hang about...that already exists...

PS the Warlords are huge dude...VERY huge

alig
25-01-04, 15:19
Its a big city cytaur...it wouldnt be any good if it had a catflap as an entrance. :lol:

t0tt3
25-01-04, 15:50
oooops wtf... crazy internetlag :(

t0tt3
25-01-04, 15:50
lol Q`alooaith

your new avatar looks like a pic from american idol :p

http://www.fox.com/idol2/contestants/aliceyn/images/pic-sm1.gif <-american idol // Wannabie -> http://neocron.jafc.de/avatar.php?userid=18469&dateline=1075011528

:D "looking at the sam spot to o_O"

bha u need to hoste it to... then who cares :D

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 23:21
It's not... it's just look's about the same cause there's more than one person in the orginal pic.. Cut up so you dun see em..

Also.. there's one of them funny photo art screeny thing's, you know the one's you put up behind so it's not a room you see but a nice plane backdrop..

Logan Tyrus
25-01-04, 23:41
Originally posted by t0tt3

your new avatar looks like a pic from american idol :p

lol dood Keira Knightley too hardcore for american idol!

Below : tru tru :p

Q`alooaith
25-01-04, 23:51
Originally posted by Logan Tyrus
lol dood Keira Knightley too hardcore for american idol!

and a little too brittish too...

Lathuc
26-01-04, 01:04
@yan are there glying vehicles like bombers and dgo fighters? if so sign me up for pre pre something testing :D oh and mechas are really awsesome to but nothing beats paratrooping into fights unless its a mecha that can paradrop :eek:

jernau
26-01-04, 03:10
What's a TC?

Q`alooaith
26-01-04, 03:14
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
Maybe someone should so him the Warhammer 40K scale titan models :)

But they only do he warhound titan's.. and they are the small ones..

I was saw a 40K scale emp titan, now that was big..

yanbybkipbbpbbp
26-01-04, 05:35
Lathuc, yeah there will be, in the first build, before we even get the RPG code in.

My final comment for my fellow wasteland brethren

DakTarg:
Damage: 5-13
Range: Melee
Firing Mode: 1. Swing 2. Thrust
Weight: 1kilo
Ammo Type: n/a
Comment: Weapon constructed for a bunch of obsessive TV fans in the 20 century. It works like a real weapon, which is really sad.

Iron Pipe:
Damage: 3-13
Range: Melee
Firing Mode: 1. Swing
Weight: 3killos
Comment: A short length of a heavy lead pipe. Useful for plumbing, or pummeling.

Plunger:
Damage: 2-5
Range Melee
Firing Mode: 1. Swing 2. Thrust
Weight: 1kilo
Comment: Bludgeoning, thrusting or sucking, take your pick with this trusty weapon.

Brings back the memories of the good old days doesn't it?

rob444
26-01-04, 18:02
http://www.xybercon.com/hosting/projecty/chess04.jpg

Why does the UnrealEd.exe's axis display in the lower left corner? :P

Stolen unreal meshes, unrealed's axis display. hmm... Do I smell a rat here?

redjacket
26-01-04, 18:21
Neat...

I'd help you... but I am useless... sorry...

If you want help testing though...

i think it needs a jeep... like a real jeep... just for kicks... shits and giggles... turkeys and a slice of ham... arr... turkey... mmm... chicken's little friend who it doesn't talk to much anymore because of that one weird sexual encounter between them... ahhh...

God Save the Randomness...

yanbybkipbbpbbp
26-01-04, 23:16
Maby it's because a similar engine was used, or maby its because there is the same type of axis in every editor?

t0tt3
26-01-04, 23:43
Originally posted by yanbybkipbbpbbp
Maby it's because a similar engine was used, or maby its because there is the same type of axis in every editor?

lol yea.. Rob444 if you dont know anything about map editing or 3d prog at all... then dont post here "not that kind of lame shit..."

A axis like that can be used on any 3d prog from autoCAD - PROengineer to 3d studio...

So dont come in here and be a smart ass, help him instead and make it even better if so..

Nice progress yygyydysy :p Do you have any new pics you can show us :D

yanbybkipbbpbbp
28-01-04, 02:09
Read before voting:

There are two forms of post apocalyptic game types, ”MegaCity Wars” and “Scavenger Hunt.”
In the MegaCityWars there are usually one or more mega cities warring against each other, while the people within choose a side, or no sides, and fight for territory equipment and other resources with the opposite side, while at the same time adventuring into the wastes slaying mobs and interacting with other avatars.
In the “Scavenger Hunt” form of apocalyptic game play, there are no mega cities but there are ruins of the dead world. There are sometimes tribes and a few clans/factions maintaining power, no huge cities though, and one or two technological concentration zones.

In the MegaCityWars there is an abundant amount of ammo and technology, while in the Scavenger Hunt there is very little amount of ammo, in fact most of the time the battles are melee, and as you progress you might stumble upon pre war artifacts, and or the factions/clans which may provide you with tech weapons. Of course the war is much more severe, there are almost no population concentrations, and you indeed are, like in the movie mad max, a drifter/explorer/adventurer.

“Hybrid”, a hybrid would be a game type where you have 1 mega city, and shit loads of clans, factions, other tribes, smaller (much smaller) cities, and technological concentrations throughout the waste land. This, I agree would make for fun, and give a zone where many can concentrate and come together to do, wwwwwhatever, interact, but as you can see a hybrid sounds worse than the pure do, so will just scrape that game type.

Now which one of the pure is more preferable, to tell you the truth, I love them both.
In the mega city game types you can have war mechs, now imagine this.
The Great City Of CHESS is under attack by clans who have gathered together and decided to overthrow and overtake the city (in this game it will actually be possible, where the survivors of the city, if not slaughtered, will have to seek shelter elsewhere)
Now as they get closer and closer, sniping the defenders who are concentrating on the sniper ledge and protecting the great gate. As they almost reach the gate, a trap card it seems that the city had, the gate slowly opens and from it a giant mech emerges, basically with a few shots vaporizing the raiders/claners, but it seems that one of the technological clans (I will not reveal the name here,) emerges from the dessert dunes, in their power armors, with sweet looking gatling guns, lasers... emp grenades and … ( I don’t want to give anything away here either), destroying the war mech and ….

Anyways, as you can see some really cool scenarios are possible with MegacityWars, but now let’s take a look at the ScavengerHunt.

The drifter slowly crosses the sand dunes; his newly found thermal detector shows that there is life ahead. He takes out his trusty hunting rifle with a scope and is almost petrified. Through it he sees two dessert clans, in a blunt and head on war. Each having a few hummers, dune buggies and other self made vehicles. They are basically ripping each other apart, knowing that only at the end will they be able to reap the spoils of war, for to the clan that is destroyed, most all is lost, all technology they gathered, all vehicles, go juice…. An hour later the battle is finished, dead bodies everywhere and our drifter slowly crosses the scene, walking over the clanners whose bodies have already been picked. Ahead he goes, for it is an adventure in which he can become anything, a great clan leader, had of a city, head of a dessert strong hold, or a founder of technological equipment with which he shall reap the havoc upon those who have dared to cross him before, banishing him from their clan.

As you can see the second scenario provides a variety of adventures in which avatars can come together forming post apocalyptic clans, assaulting each other, taking over the turf and so on, where there is really no population concentration (meaning, I doubt there will be places where you’ll find 300 or 200 people at anyone place, except maybe on a battle scene) and each bullet you find really counts in this kind of game play, you’ll think twice before shooting some one, or taking a chance at assaulting him with a melee weapon.
In this world, the person who finds technology is god.

Both sound interesting right?

Oh right, another thing is the terrain, height map. It takes a lot of memory and clock tics to have a truly rich and beautiful terrain, but without it the physics engine for the vehicles kind of goes to waste, though you’ll still be able to pull of wheelies and stuff (at least I was able to do it a few times)
The sad part is that it takes away the tactics you could otherwise have in the game, and it gives snipers a huge advantage, they will be able to pop you at incredible distances, with you having little places to hide in. (I would like to mention, that fallout had flat terrain in all 3 games)
Basically your giving away terrain for speed, though there will be some other things, like dead cities and so on which will be beautiful, and there will be postapacolyptic junk sticking from the grounds here and there, but the terrain will be basically as you have saw in my few screen shots, a dessert, flat, absolutely flat.

Ok, finally the options, I simply wish to know what people would consider more fun, the ScavengerHunt game, or a MegaCityWar game, give it a hard ponder.

Option 1: MegaCityWar choice, with a height map, dessert dunes, hills, mountains, at a price of a little speed.

Option 2: ScavengerHunt choice, with a height map, dessert dunes, hills, mountains, caves …

Option 3: Option 1 without the hills…..

Option 4: Option 2 without the hills …..

I am not even going to try to spell check this thing, it took me about 10 mins to type it. (Glok, screw you)

By the way, there is still only 3 of us working on this project, if you can use 3dsmax, lightwave, or another similar software, or you can skin, or have good imagination for making maps and dessert cities, your help would be welcomed.

Glok
28-01-04, 02:12
My time is so precious I can't vote. Sorry.

rob444
28-01-04, 05:04
Originally posted by t0tt3
lol yea.. Rob444 if you dont know anything about map editing or 3d prog at all... then dont post here "not that kind of lame shit..."

A axis like that can be used on any 3d prog from autoCAD - PROengineer to 3d studio...

So dont come in here and be a smart ass, help him instead and make it even better if so..

Nice progress yygyydysy :p Do you have any new pics you can show us :D

Nah I just find it funny how the axis is in exactly the same colors and in the same position as unrealed. Boot it up, check it out. Match.

Gotterdammerung
28-01-04, 05:09
Threads merged

it's nice that you are making your own game, but please don't open lots of threads about it. If you've opened one a day or 2 ago please continue use that one.

Glok
28-01-04, 14:35
Originally posted by yanbybkipbbpbbp
I am not even going to try to spell check this thing, it took me about 10 mins to type it. (Glok, screw you):D

I was just bugging you man. Now you edited it out, and my post makes no sense. :(