PDA

View Full Version : Change the way shotguns do damage a bit?

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:17
Since shotguns are REALLY close-range weapons, how about putting some special spins to them?

Like a 50% damage bonus at close range?

Like a psi-blast sized area-effect damage at "long-range"?

Like insta-lock aiming on shotguns when at close-range?

J. Folsom
27-01-04, 19:23
There was another idea about shotguns earlier, the idea was basically to make the shotgun do damage to a cone starting from the player and moving away from the player.

As it got farther away from the player, the damage would decrease, but the cone size would increase, which is reasonably realistic.

Of course, whether it's viable for the Neocron engine is another matter.

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 19:24
it would be kinda anoying if you though you were close and you eneded up doing the lame blast attack ... doesnt really bode well for realism or whatever ... afaik they only need a tiny increase in range or an overall dmg boost .. which i think they're getting anywho

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:26
actually, the cone damage/aoe relationship is rather accurate, but to save the engine the work, just make it distance related -

first 25% of shotgun range = 50% damage bonus and insta-aim

second 50% of range = normal

last 25% of range = aoe bonus (well, and 50% dmage malus if people wish)

VetteroX
27-01-04, 19:45
No. 50% more damange isnt fair, like we see with ray guns. ALL 100% not 99%, 100% of PvP is close range, this is from someone who pvps ALL DAY dont argue with me. Sniping once then stealthing isnt pvp btw. So 50% Damge bonus close range isnt fair for pvp. I have a term and I am quite satisfied with the damage... leave it as is.

Mumblyfish
27-01-04, 19:51
Originally posted by VetteroX
Sniping once then stealthing isnt pvp btw.

Okay, so what about sniping someone until they die? That must be PvM, yes? Because you're killing players, not PvPing?

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:55
You know... this post isnt just about PvP, vettie...

and if the 50% bonus is too dramatic, just make it 25% then. Give the riflers a reason to go in close.

Comie
27-01-04, 21:45
yes, as a person that actaully has a Terminator, all i can ask for is YES, its got a range of 34 meters, takes a little too long to lock on yu cant snipe with it... and in a swerling maelstrom of a PP fight or an op battle its very hard to hit people as they run around... so YES pls

ZoneVortex
27-01-04, 21:49
holy shit yeah right

ok fine boost all shotguns EXCEPT the terminator cause that thing is way too fucking strong at the moment as it is

Prodigious
27-01-04, 21:53
if people are going to have this attitude about weapons recently, look what people are saying bout they wyatt for example, you might aswell just lose the whole weapon lore factor, make RC fill in for the %ages difference weapon lore has on stats and then give everyone auto lock.

i mean frickin hell, if the terms not that good or you dont like it, dont use it, sell it, one day everyone will have one anyway, cos lets face it thats why u want a boost, so you have a reason to use it and a reason to show off

deac
27-01-04, 22:39
just give the terminator more range since right now it sucks... hard to aim and even if you have the reticle closed you might miss....

fix that before we think about other stuff

Cruzbroker
27-01-04, 23:58
and on meelee range (1m) BLOWBACK!! :D

Heavyporker
28-01-04, 00:02
blowback with a shotty really isnt an issue against a soft target...

Cruzbroker
28-01-04, 00:05
Blah, they all have heavy armors..
I'm bored ;)

Shadow Dancer
28-01-04, 00:07
Vet has a point. Most combat is close range. My apu sometimes strikes from a distance, but 90% of the time i go toe to toe with my opponent.

well not TOE to TOE, but you know what I mean. :p

Heavyporker
28-01-04, 03:59
And I did say that the damage bonus COULD be toned down.

Atm, whats the point of using shotgun over a pain easer?

why use plasma instead of raygun, why use fusion at all?

Lasers? So pretty, but are they any use? Hell, is there any distinction between any of them?

Let them all have their little advantages and uniqueness!

Fusion get a long range bonus and slow to fly? Sure! Let shotguns and rayguns have a short range bonus? Sure! Make lasers super accurate but weak? Sure! Make plasma hit hard but miss a lot? Sure!