PDA

View Full Version : Think the Cacti should do damage?

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:02
You know those cacti in the desert zones... loads of them, right?

They're solid, right - can't walk through or drive over them.

Well, howsa about KK makes them do peircing damage upon contact?

I mean, if they can make fists do damage, make the glider blow up on contact with anything, mebbe even a bat mid-air....

I say this'd be an amusing addition to the environmental immersion to Neocron.

QuantumDelta
27-01-04, 19:06
lol, I'll miss my desert pirtch :p

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:22
desert... pirtch???

Anyways, forgot to suggest amount of damage - about 30 points of pierce damage, which means for a player with no force resist that bumps against one, 10 points of damage...

maybe players would have fun using push-effects to cause damage to mobs and other playters??

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 19:26
why bother .. really :/

QuantumDelta
27-01-04, 19:27
TBH I don't think it would make any difference to anyone;

Desert pirtch translation;

I used to stand on cacti as a pe or a ppu to either survey the area or give buffs easier :p

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:34
oh.. perch...

I say any increase in immersiveness (usually done by making things look realistic, behave realistically), however small, would be great.

The touching of the clipping border would trigger the damage. You do it all the time in running into things. The damage easy enough to code in.

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 19:39
any character in the desert zone would lose 0.00000001 hp from touching a said cati .. unless it were ub4r killer cacti from mars .. in which case it would be a mob ....

as for the immersive ploy .... why am I takign this seriously .. this idea is a joke.

metalangel
27-01-04, 19:43
Umm, we're huge, genetically engineered people in Battle Armour. Walking into a cactus is going to do it more harm than us.

Unless we licence Jumbo Cactuar from Square...

QuantumDelta
27-01-04, 19:49
Wouldn't that lead to suggestions of "walking on the hot desert sand hurts" or "being in the desert at night freezin your nuts (or other respective parts) off hurts."

o_O
nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

UO sucked for shite like that "oh lets poison some cake." pfft.

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 19:49
metalangel... everyone is? 0_o

gosh, I guess all the spies and monks died out then in your time...

QuantumDelta
27-01-04, 19:51
Originally posted by Heavyporker
metalangel... everyone is? 0_o

gosh, I guess all the spies and monks died out then in your time...
PEs too.
But they all have battle armor.

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 20:00
Giant cacti... mm...

Well, in all honesty, we DO need more plant mobs in this game :(

Mutated plants are SOOooOOOoooOOO fun. Love to see 80/80 plague plants (poison plants that drop like 5+ of two or three high level drugs (the redflash, fortes, etc) as loot) and Spore Burrowers (plants that fly around in air, and if take enough damage, dives to ground and burrows in like tentacles/sandworm) so you cant target it and need AoE to kill it).

Giant Cacti would rock - let them shoot out spines around them ( it can't move, see) , and can spawn other cacti.

Sefran
27-01-04, 20:02
120/120 human eating plant gimmeh :D

Heavyporker
27-01-04, 20:12
yeah - you know those DoY turrets? those thigns with 6 guns?

The cacti should have 8 !!!

Even at 50/50, a mob with 8 guns gonna wipe the ground with an awful lot of runners... a 90/90 giant cacti would terrify even PPUs!

Psyco Groupie
27-01-04, 20:31
im feeling strange after reading this now ...

:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :p o_O :angel: :cool: :lol:

nonamebrandeggs
27-01-04, 20:54
10, 000 needles, ouch...

Judge
27-01-04, 21:14
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
10, 000 needles, ouch...

Urgh.... don't remind me :(

27-01-04, 23:03
Nice idea.... I like it....

and im not gonna mention little pricks :)

g0rt
28-01-04, 00:08
little things like this is what would igve this game some character

too bad idiots dumb down threads like this by saying "why bother"

Psyco Groupie
28-01-04, 00:12
roflmao

like qd said .. you wouldnt be able togo afk in deserts cos you'd burst into flames

theres a thin line between character and anoying details that make you quit the game

ie. which counter-strike maps get played most ? the ones where you cant randomly die if you go too near a fire or some bollox

g0rt
28-01-04, 00:16
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
roflmao

like qd said .. you wouldnt be able togo afk in deserts cos you'd burst into flames

theres a thin line between character and anoying details that make you quit the game

ie. which counter-strike maps get played most ? the ones where you cant randomly die if you go too near a fire or some bollox

If someone quits teh game because he gets hurt when walking into a cactus, he should just jump off some high building because hes a waste of human life.

ezza
28-01-04, 00:21
well as long as the cactis can be blown to peices it be ok

Spex
28-01-04, 01:54
I already see masses of tanks running continuously into cacti just to level their con ;)

ezza
28-01-04, 02:05
as long as its quicker than blowing ones self up with a moony.

visions of the intelectaully(holy moly thats bad spelling)challenged tanks sexing the cactus:eek:

Heavyporker
28-01-04, 02:12
if anyone afks in the open desert.... they deserve to die.

got it?

ezza
28-01-04, 02:18
ok as long as we can say anyone who afks in plaza/PP border deserves to be res killed.

ok i know there not the same, but its still a game, what you want water introduced to the game so anyone who spends a few hours neocron time has to take water .

theres fun and then theres boring

Heavyporker
28-01-04, 02:24
uhh... there's water in the game already....

we just don't have to drink it...

ezza
28-01-04, 02:35
yes but your saying if you go afk in the desert you deserve to die, why?

only reason i could see you getting at was that its very hot in the desert, so hence the water

Heavyporker
28-01-04, 03:18
I'm talkinga bout afking in open desert, you fool.

With all the mobs, with all the pkers, why would anyone just stand in the desert oblivious to any and all danger?

At least hide in a house.

ezza
28-01-04, 12:56
you are fucking dumb, its easy to stand in the desert for hours afk, if your in a empty zone the spawn stays the same, quite often i can be in a zone and not see people for hours

[TgR]KILLER
28-01-04, 13:00
i got this view now.. my apu on her hovertech.. bumps into a cactus.. falls off.. onto the damn thing.. and dies because she's a APU and can't stand pierce :p